Opinion on creditcards

Sup Forums's opinion about creditcards?

Some countries pretty much depend on them and you are pretty fucked if you dont have them (Burgers i'm talking about you)

While others you barely use them and can go a far way with just debitcards.

>once signed you can acquire debt
>high interest rate
>come with nice features and points
>can be very handy (emergencies)

Don't bother with them undoes you're buying your first house. In the United States, we have to "build credit" in order to secure large loans, such as a mortgage. So, you basically have to show you can play nice with debt. This aids in determining a "credit score" which is a proprietary formula held by the 3 credit bureaus. So, you purposefully go into debt (mind you, you must maintain a balance for 90 days to show in a cycle) to prove you can manage it.

I started building credit at 20. I'm 29 and when I bought my home a year ago my tri-merge was like 714 or 719. Good enough for a 3.125% fixed 30 year traditional. Now that I have a mortgage? Fuck credit. I closed all my accounts - I had like 8 lines of credit at my peak.

My credit score no doubt took a huge hit by closing them but I seriously don't care. I don't actively purchase items on credit no matter how good the perks are. Cash is king. The only time I'll ever need credit is if I either refinance or purchase another home. By then, my credit will be fine. Remember, 640 is all you need to qualify for a mortgage - along with income, etc.

But yeah, unless you're building credit for a mortgage, don't bother with it.

They make the poor poorer and the rich richer.

You are a smart man.

>credit score
>land of the free

In my country creditcards are pretty rare. In fact the Dutch are very much like - If you don't have the money on hand, don't buy it. Save money if you want something. We do it like this for everything apart from a mortgage.

Well you don't have to buy a home with a loan. You can pay in cash.

Anybody who says credit cards aren't useful is an idiot and probably can't control his/her spending.

I literally just got free tickets to Rome because of credit card rewards (it's a true story).
Moreover, products are already increased in price by 1 - 3% by any vendor who accepts credit cards in order to deal with the processing fees.

You need them to order stuff from the internet or rent a car here.

Credit cards are awesome. I got one just for McDonald's purchases. So speedy at the drive-through.

I got a home loan without having any credit history. All you have to do here is show the lender that you have income and/or existing assets that can service the loan.

"Credit score" seems a bit weird desu.

Losing a war to a bunch of birds seems a bit weird desu.

You can do that in the United States as well. It's called "manual underwriting". This used to be the norm but it's not anymore for a myriad of reasons. Mainly, it takes far longer than completing a simple questionnaire online and checking your credit history.

I almost did manual underwriting but the one bank that offered it in town couldn't give me anything under 3.75%.

I'm 31 and I relied on a credit card in graduate school to supplement my meager PhD scholarship. The PhD didn't turn out to be the success story I anticipated and now I need to retrain to get a job in industry. The Jews have me in this shitty cycle of perpetual studenthood and credit card debt.

I have one to purchase shit online or for car rental. Even then my limit is set pretty low at only €500.

In Germany usually only cash is accepted otherwise I use a debit card.

It's seriously fucking stupid to get into debt for anything but a house. Saving money is easier than paying off a debt

In the netherlands credit cards are rare as shit. I mostly use a debit card or cash. I do have a credit card for online purchases that i use in the same way as a debit card, i.e. i don't spend more than i have and the spent credit is taken from my bank account every month.

i use one, as a layer of security, mainly for travel expenses. i don't need it as "credit", but i'd much rather give foreign hotels and other service providers something other than the card linked directly to my main checking account.

You feel for the meme. Credit cards are for the weak and uncontrolled spender. Spendig cash you don't have distances you from the purchase so you unload more shekels to the Jew.

Direct debt cards have far smaller fees. And those reward points make the cc companies money, not you.

Add up all the fees and additional charges for any reward programmes and you're even at best. If you're late, your fucked.

What did you study?

You're more likely to be denied paying with cash here than with card these days. Only a few parkomats and vending machines still only accept cash, but they're getting increasingly rare as well. There's hardly any difference between cities and the countryside.

>credit score

if you know the right people who know the right security backdoors and have enough money supposedly credit can be raised

This nigger gets it.

In america you must out jew the jew.

>cash

>using the paper jew
>not owning gold

Credit cards are specifically set up to jew you out of money. No matter how many bullshit "perks" and "benefits" they claim to offer you.

Didn't fall for any meme. I don't use credit cards now that they've served their purpose.

I gamed the system, which is why I know about and used the 90 day cycle. I don't mind paying 0% interest across a 90 day balance while only paying minimum payments. Why do you think I had so many lines of credit? 0% interest runs out after a year? On to the next one!

I grew up listening to Clark Howard (Jew) on the way to baseball practice. I knew the system like the back of my hand when it was time to enter the game.

No bank will accept gold as a form of payment just like they won't accept oil or any other commodity. Don't be stupid.

Well I'm just a redneck from Georgia so I don't know any of those people.

convert the gold to cash as needed.

If you had to deal with the unreliable as fuck canadian cuck peso youd understand why id own gold

>I knew the system like the back of my hand when it was time to enter the game.
muh sekrit club

>Not paying for cheeseburgers with your oil barrel

>Pay small annual fee
>Get airline miles
>Use card to buy gas, food, occasional luxury
>Pay all but 100 off every month to maintain a balance.

790 score at 26, I have learned to use the Jewish tricks to my advantage.

Good on you. My retirement is highly diversified. I don't put much into precious metals.

>MUH RECESSION/INFLATION PROOF

Literally no precedent for this in modern history.

Google my friend. Like I said, it's a proprietary formula but we have a good idea of how it works.

Also, if you don't plan on using credit make sure you put a permanent freeze on your credit. This prevents people from using your identity to take our credit at your expense. I have a permanent freeze with all 3 bureaus. It's free for some states, $3-5 per bureau in other states.

I wish I got some when I was in college. Now that I have perfect credit but a huge dti I literally can't get one. Turns out credit score is not so much a ranking of how much you make but rather a ranking of how much they can make off of you.

Just pay them back on time and you don't have a problem.

You had a good opportunity to stock up in Feb/March for silver at least. I don't think the prices will ever go as low as 13 bucks again.

who cares about travel/Rome? Are u a female?

hell i even got a few US dollars during that one month that our currency was higher

i wish people started treating our meme money the same way mexicans treat pesos (that is using US dollars instead whenever they can) our currency is more unstable than a wild trigglypuff

credit cards are for good shabos goyim

Im not a good goyim so I dont own 1

>In the United States, we have to "build credit" in order to secure large loans, such as a mortgage.

No, this is part of the scam. The same lie repeated over and over again to everyone.

If you have the money, you will get loans. If you prove you have a stable income, you will get loans. You do not need a credit score. They will calculate this shit out and determine whether you are a risky investment or not, regardless of your credit score.

If a nignog can get a loan on a house, a white american male with a full time job will not have any issue either.

Stop falling for this credit score scam. For fucks sake, you retards.

All of my mutual funds have outperformed silver, gold, and platinum. Precious metals are utter shit.

I've got a Vanguard large cap that I bought 50 shares of for $67 each in February or March. Now? It'll open the day at $82. I will sell soon. I've got an equity fund with similar gains that I have 100 shares of.

Mutual funds also outperform precious metals in the long run. Silvers not even half of what it was 5 years ago. Precious metals are the memes of investing.

Read below that. I discussed manual underwriting. Manual underwriting typically gives shitty rates. No thanks.

precious metal isn't for ROI, it's for storing value over long periods of time.

why does everyone think they are bad? Are you too stupid to pay off the balance every month? If not then you get free stuff! I am going to the Bahamas in a couple of months and the flights are free thanks to my credit card rewards, I also make 6% cash back on all grocery purchases, and 3% cash back for all gas purchases and I have never paid any interest fees on my cards.

I also once was charged like $600 to an online store in Europe that I disputed and they refunded it in the same day, you can't do that with a debit card.

enjoy playing the jew game and getting screwed by the jews

And it sucks even for that purpose and is outperformed by many, many other investment choices.

I personally only used a debit card until I was 21

Then I started using Credit to pay for things I knew I could afford - so I could get the minor rewards that build up when you buy with Credit

I would highly advise for 95% that they never get a Credit card because It will just cause them problems

But those 5% of us that know our boundaries and hoard cash like Jews, I suggest getting a Credit Card and planning your purchases in advance so you always know you can afford the bill before Interest day.

/thread

good if you're not an idiot and can keep up payments

the problem is that most people who use credit are idiots

>Jew games

Yeah, I'll take my chances. Throwing away rent money while saving up hundreds of thousands of dollars vs. taking out a mortgage and paying interest/principal.

I get to keep something with the latter.

In Trondheim (for burgers: Norway (for burgers: Scandinavia (for burgers: Europe))) last year I needed a damn credit card to unlock the toilet at the central railway station. And it didn't work cause the reader was defect, so there was a technician right next to it the entire day.

Truely a good idea vikings! Who doesn't have a credit card shouldn't be allowed at public toilets anyway.

>save $1k on tickets
>spend $2k on the rest of the holiday because rome is a massive tourist trap

yeah great deal

i agree though, rewards can be very useful over time

A necessary evil in my life. Im only 1k in debt that i can clear right now, you need a credit rating to survive in this shitholw world

>paying for public toilets

that is just weird, do poor people just piss everywhere instead? Because that's what would happen here if we made people pay to use the restrooms.

>POO

>Expecting a trip anywhere to be free

Free plane tickets is a great deal, what do you want? The credit card company CEO to fly out with you to be your flesh toilet for the week too? Fucking fascist.

They're pretty rare in Italy, you just use them to buy shit on the Internet.

love to hack them get up your security internet plz

>have a credit card
>use it to buy shit i would buy anyways
>never paid a dime in interest
>CC company pays me (points & shit)

pay your bills, and dont use it for stupid bullshit you cant afford. its like getting X% off any crap you buy, with extra protections.

please dont forget to save money, and always have cash money on hand, and invest money, and have a bit of metal on hand also... all these things are important if ever a happening happens.

>people thinking they get "rewards" for using their credit card
You seriously think the jew is giving you free shit?

this man knows what hes talking about

Extremely rare here, though my bank called me and tried to get me to take out some credit card that supposedly had many discounts and low interest rates "perfect for young people". Told them to fuck off.

But I can't deny that credit cards have a BIG advantage over debit cards - you can't get scammed or lose your money as easily, seeing as how credit card money belongs to the bank and they can basically stop anything strange and unauthorized. I know someone who used debit cards to pay for almost everything and someplace drained his card pretty hard. Everyone, including the bank laughed at him.
>bank cares only about its own money and not other people's money

wtf i hate banks now

It's like the rewards of marriage.

Collective delusion, Frenchbro.

The world and system is built in such way that it came to this that a man cannot have anything without going into debt. I mean you cant buy a house/apartment or car with your honest work because of prices unless you want to save years so you can buy it. Everything is overpriced just to lure average man into dept and making him motivated to work for that debt so they dont take everything way from him.

Literally even if you had 2k dollars/euros a month you cant buy shit without debts.

Well played bankers.

My parents are trying to nudge me in the direction to start working on my credit (I don't have any credit) at 21 years old with 20 Grand in the bank from my job and starting college in the fall (community college) and will cost me nothing and I have no debt. How do I not fuck up my life Sup Forums?

wonder what my credit rating is like. never had a credit card (or any form of debt) and the rent/bills are payed in my wifes name

Get a credit card and pay for gas, groceries, and other every day items with it. Pay the balance nearly all the way off (leave like $50 on the card every month). Do this with a 0% interest card until interest gets applied after the introductory period and then find another card.

Don't use it if you can't repay it. Simple as that.

invest money
keep working while in college
exit college and job hunt
save more money
buy house with limited debt
buy nice used car with limited debt
live life comfy and cozy
retire early, or get a more enjoyable job and work less

The tickets you got weren't free, you imbecile. You just don't understand how you paid for them.

I plan to get a 2 yr degree in Machine Tool Technology (CNC). Hoping to do work in the field of natural gas or just a general shop. Did 3 years of Machine Tech (I, II, and III Advanced) in High School.

Precursor of the 666 mark of the beast, makes your entire life totally transparent to the jew bankers.

dont know what its like in the UK, but i purchased my house before i ever had a CC i think i had a 630 credit score (basicly my cellphone for 10 years)

i have since picked up a 2 CC's for everyday use/emergency funds. i have a small auto loan and have over paid my home for the last 4 years

in 4 years time i am a grand total of 20k in debt (house and cadillac car) my home also provides income as it is a duplex and i have the upstairs rented. in 2-4 years time from now i will be 100% debt free, house renovations will be done (almost done now) and i will be in the market for another home, and continue to make money off of this home (or sell it to a developer when the train station comes in)

smart purchases, and not living like a nigger on welfare day go a long way.

realize, for all the smart decisions you make, some idiot will make bad ones, profit off of the bad ones.

very good, a skilled job will always have work compared to the underwater basket weavers.

do you not realize you are paying for his tickets as well? we all pay the extra 1-3% on all products, if you're paying cash or credit or NEETbux you still pay the extra.

It's pretty bullshit, the only places I ever get a cash discount are gun shops.

kikes are literally enslaving poor russians with 15%, that good feel when i will witness the new revolution in my lifetime