Alien: Covenant

Just watched, ask me anything.

How do I good gravy consistency?

Do we get to see BBC breed white pussy?

is there le wheat in le movie

Imdb still hasn't updated its parental guidance section, please give me a rapido rundown on the goriest death scenes thank you

I think the back burster is goriest death.

Yes.

Is it good?

It starts good but ends very cliche

>Good Fassbender Vs Evil Fassbender
>Similar robots trading places.

Is it on par with The Force Awakens?

Have you ever been mistaken for a man?

is wheat man made?

what do they reveal about the engineers, are the ones on that planet really the 'engineers'?

if so what happened to them?

Do they ever clarify the bonus situation?

What specifically happened to Shaw?

Not OP but, there's literally one scene with Engineers in the movie and it's of them getting wiped the fuck out en masse by David.

Nothing else is explained about them in this movie.

David killed her and cut her open, there's a shot of her body on a table with her organs spilling out of her.

>Nothing else is explained about them in this movie.
thats it? I was expecting some cool new trivia about them at least,thanks for the response user

>David killed her and cut her open, there's a shot of her body on a table with her organs spilling out of her.
Did she died?

what is that it they said he did loads of experiments and some faggot here said it made him tear up, is she alive while he experiments? Does she talk is there anything of substance or just another hicks and newt shit here?

Nah we don't see any scenes of him experimenting on her. And we don't see him tear up either.

He makes a grave for her, even though she's not in the grave, and he says that he loved her. Whether he was saying this to keep up and act or not is not too clear, but it seemed convincing since he mentions that she was the one who put him back together after he lost his body. And I guess he had to kill her to experiment with her body for the "greater good".

What experiments did David do? What was that weird structure around shaw's head in the leaked photos?

Oh and yeah her character is only "alive" through a voice recording of her picked up by the ship, and the hologram of her with the same recording.

I don't remember the movie going into details on what experiments he conducted on Elizabeth. And I don't remember any weird structure around Shaw's head, it was just her lifeless body with a giant hole in the chest.

What was their agricultural policy?

omy fucking days

ok what about the egg thing, do they show that room with all experimetns do we get a look at the cycle or how he created the eggs?

also how many deaths are in the film whats the best one?

how do they kill the alien and who survives?

Does that shower scene actually happen? There's a fucking Xenomorph stalking them and they decided, DUDE SHOWER SEX LMAO?

is it true david teaches the alien to move or something?

he faces off with one of them it suppose to be one of the bets scenes apparently?

This is the photo I'm referencing to. It was released as a promo picture. I have no idea wtf is going on though. Whatever David did, it must have been crazy

Egg thing? You mean the two embryo things David puts in the embryo chamber on the ship? I don't think they show the cycle or how he created the eggs.

47 of the colonists die but that's not important none of the characters are colonists, just crew members. James Franco dies literally at the very beginning, he doesn't even have a speaking role.

Every character other than Danny McBride's and the main girl get killed, but obviously the last two die because David pretended to be Walter and got on the ship with them then revealed to the main girl that he wasn't Walter. So yeah presumably they don't make it. I reckon the best death is the one with the alien coming out of the guy's back, that was the first death.

They killed the Xenomorph by forcing it into a construction thing which I can't remember the name of for some reason. It's the thing that you use to pick up heavy stuff, and it looks like a giant hand with metal fingers. Anyway yeah it gets blown up while trapped inside that.

He builds a trust relationship with the Aliens but not the Xenomorph cause he doesn't "meet" the Xenomorph at all. There's a scene where he calms one, but it gets killed by another character.

Yeah that stuff around her head isn't mentioned.

They don't realize that the Xeno is in the ship with them. Danny's character and the main girl try to warn them but the other two characters are in the shower about to fuck and there's music playing loudly.

Goddamnit, sex scenes in horror movies make no sense. THERE'S SOMETHING THREATENING OUT THERE BUT WE SHOULD BONE
I hate this shit so much

Did u like Prometheus?

The backburster was best death? what the fuck?

no one gets the inner mouth shot into their brain?

are there pulse rifles?

what about the shower scene? does he stick his tail up the guy and rip him in half?

what the fuck is going on is anything from the trailers in this film?

Why do they make shit like this if they dont even fucking put it in the film it's so fucking annoying

Where is the sequel leading things towards?

Oh yeah, that scene with the Xeno's "tongue" bursting through the back of the guy's mouth is the shower scene. That scene's pretty good too. I don't remember there being any pulse rifles, it was pretty much guns with normal bullets.

In the shower scene we see the Xeno kill the guy and the blood splatter onto the girl's face, and then that's pretty much it.

David takes the ship with the 2000 cryo-sleeping colonists and alien embryos (which have tiny version of these fuckers in them) to the original planet it was headed to.

Are you retarded? He just said they didn't know there was a threat.

Imo best death was the girl who got killed by the proto morph and there's those three creepy shots of her severed head floating in the pool.

I know. I was very disappointed. When I saw the photo I instantly thought the big twist was going to be that David experimented on Shaw to make her the first "Queen" alien. The bony structure is reminiscent to the mantle.

Would have been a ironic fate for Shaw as well. She was barren and could not have children, but would ultimately be the first queen to breed the modern Aliens.

How did David make the xeno eggs? Is a queen hinted at?

do you see it get severed? can you describe what happens?

I thought the Shaw vivisection was creepy as shit and added a lot of sinister mystery to the film. His drawings of it that the main girl finds were also horific. That stuff put it near Lovecraft territory for a little while, with the implied gore and having to work out what David was up to.

He experimented with engine dna and proto morphs, and ended up making eggs. No queen is hinted at and imo that's the bigger continuity issue if you're going too claim it was David all along.

What happens at the end?

She's washing off a cut in her arm with water and hears some noises. She slowly looks behind her and sees a white Xeno looking thing that's standing up right like a human. She tries to reach for the gun but the Xeno thing attacks her. All we see is the Xeno thing open up its mouth and lash at the camera.

David takes the ship with the 2000 cryo-sleeping colonists and alien embryos (which have tiny version of these fuckers in them) to the original planet it was headed to.

Where's Prometheus? Is he in the movie?

The proto morph sneaks up behind her. She hears it and tries to grab her gun but it grabs her and starts biting through her neck. Camera cuts to a shot somewhere else whill she screams. Next you see, the proto is eating her headless corpse and the body is mangled, with the head in a pool nearby.

So how the fuck is ridley going to explain the 15ft tall engineer with eggs supposedly david in the cargo hold?

Ah ok. Nothing interesting then.

>the original planet
Do they didn't head for the spacey jokey planet originally?

Jesus christ what a mess

Nope. Only reason they landed on wheat planet was because the replacement Captain heard the transmission of Shaw's voice and got details of the planet apparently being perfect for them to colonize. So he wanted to take a chance, and also because of how close it was to them compared to their original destination which was a few years of cryo-sleep away but the crew apparently didn't want to go back to cryo-sleep after the fuck up that had just happened which left 47 colonists and James Franco dead.

Why did oram trust David enough to get face hugged?

Can anyone confirm the scene where Danny Mcbride says "Big ass titties" as they begin the journey to wheatland while it aint me plays in the background?

It's not in that order but yeah he's calling the Co pilot sugar tits when the landing party is near the wheat field.

How bad is the plot comparing it to Phantom Menace or Attack of the Clones?

so it is fucking worse than Prometheus
jesus christ

Does Ridley Scott even give a shit any more?

I thought it was ok. Definitely a bit schizo with the first half being about the crew and the second half being the David show. More self contained than Prometheus and had far better acting than the Star wars prequels.

There's continuity issues but nothing thst can't be explained with reasonable head canon stuff.

>they landed on wheat planet was because the replacement Captain heard the transmission
Where did i hear that before?

I still get triggered by how the crew goes out there without a fucking helmet in what is a foreign and hostile planet
when will this meme die?

Not him but thats literally every alien movie except Resurrection. Kinda wish these writers came up with different ways instead of transmissions and colonizing.

They know the air composition from scanning it. If you know it's a perfectly breathable atmosphere why would you waste time suiting up?

air composition is one thing but lord knows what kind of microorganisms and other shit are in the area, which essentially leads to that bullshit with the spores

Because if they wore the helmets then the little alien dust wouldn't have found its way into the bodies of the two characters and form a mini-xeno inside of them.

Yeah I agree. I'm trying to justify it by thinking maybe they didn't have the right gear for it since they didn't expect to land there but they should have at least tried.

>go to africa and drink straight from the waters of lake minnetonka
>get aids and malaria
>"but dude its water it looks clean!"

I'm white. I don't get AIDS.

yeah, pretty much this, I know this is a hi tech setting and shit but come on, the biological implications beyond the whole xeno infection should also be taken in consideration just to make the former more horrifying/grotesque whatever/ and have more impact

Can you give some details about the engineers? Is anyone interacting with them? Is the movie telling us something about their motives or history/civilization etc.? I mean, i loved the engineers, i was very hyped about prometheus. Damn it, Ridley.

>i was very hyped about prometheus

Stop namefagging and ask again and I'll tell you.

Thats some high quality H-2-O!

>Is anyone interacting with them? Is the movie telling us something about their motives or history/civilization etc.?

No.

This
How much longer will they keep teasing its significance while providing almost zero details

>they should have at least tried.
this was my main problem with prometheus too, the way the crew in that movie begins to die/get infected is retardedly offensive

Bonus situation?

Are there any jumpscares or is it all body horror?

I am sorry, i do not use Sup Forums at all, i do not understand what namefagging is but i googled it. So using a name on Sup Forums is considered something disgusting af? I am a noob

Only if you consider sudden lashes or xenos/facehuggers bursting out of/jumping onto victims jumpscares.

Let me repeat it
Can you give some details about the engineers? Is anyone interacting with them? Is the movie telling us something about their motives or history/civilization etc.? I mean, i loved the engineers, i was very hyped about prometheus. Damn it, Ridley.

If you watch the deleted scenes it explains the worst of the bullshit. Like the biologist interests with the snake thing a lot and it's unthreatening. It's only the last scene, the one in the movie, where it goes nuts. You also get to see a conversation between David and the Engineer that explains why he went apes hit.

No, you get no details. The engineers are in a large square surrounded by buildings which David wipes out without talking to anyone. You see a larger version of their horseshoe ship but very little technology. Inside their houses seems very barren. None of them talk, they just grunt and point at the ship. If you've seen the promo clip fox put out you've basically seen all the engineer content.

Not op but also watched. There's no exposition regarding the engineers. The only scenes you see the engineers involved them dead or dying thanks to David dropping the black goo in what appears to be the only city in a planet. For some reason you get an impression he went to a farming or low tech colony because you'd expect the engineers to be technologically advanced with some military installations and all that but what we got is literally Israel circa 0 AD but with a spaceport.

Why does DID decide to wipe out all the Engineers?
Hiw does he know that all of them think the same? Given he knows the ones on LV 223 are thousands of years old, why would the ones he killed have any knowledge of the plan to raze earth? How does he know it's not a rogue militant faction of them?

You really shouldn't be posting until you have a solid grasp on how the site and the individual boards work, they used to say lurk for at least a year before contributing. All you're doing is contributing to its decline.

That's seriously dissapointing, ffs. I waited like 5 years for this bs. Thanks anyway, haha. I still remember getting out of the movie theater and waiting for the sequel.

I'm a goddamn pleb who didn't think Prometheus was bad, just a little underwhelming. I really enjoyed Covenant though.

I just wish they would keep showing us the creatures in broad daylight and plain sight. Keep some more mystery.

No explanation other than I could infer he wants to be a creator given his short scene with Weyland in covenant.

Does the black goo from prometheus come back in this one?

There's black goo that one of the characters spits out after getting infected and the alien is forming inside his body.

Did they finally address the bonus situation?

>Tfw time to talk about the dubs situation

Yeah David nukes the Engineer city with it and variants of it pop up in pores around the forest.

Do the protomorphs evolve into the xenomorphs at all? What's origin of the xenomorphs?

Do they ever explain what it was meant to be? A weapon?

>You also get to see a conversation between David and the Engineer that explains why he went apes hit.
What did he say to make him go nuts?

no and the movie does not explain shit AT ALL of anything