Are there any comics or old cartoons that look like space ghost?

Are there any comics or old cartoons that look like space ghost?

You know, stylized iconic designs that are still relatively adherent to realism and don't go full calarts cartoon. Stuff like Venture Bros and old Hanna Barbera action shows. I just really love this style and I feel like it's underutilized, now people usually go the animu route when making stylized but realistic cartoons.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tL9RVMZnwn0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'll post some character sheets I guess

I guess I'm looking for Alex Toth or jack Kirby esque stuff

Am I the only one that hated Brak in C2C? I found him terribly annoying

Most of this obviously
youtu.be/tL9RVMZnwn0

I fucking LOVE me some Herculoids.

The Secret Saturdays. Don't listen to Sup Forums, listen to me: it's pretty good. The second season is much better, granted, and there's a lot of one-off episodes, but the main villain is one of the coolest and most entertaining in animation. It's an absolute crime that he's not more widely known.

Also, don't look up spoilers.

Yeah, I think it's cause he didn't really have a strong enough personality to translate into c2c. Zorak was a shifty shitter, molar was kind of a schmuck in a suit, space ghost was full of himself, but brake was just... they went somewhere else with brak, I feel like he was like prototype meatwad personalitywise, with the whole savvy loveable retard thing. Just not nearly as good.

Chris Roberson's Mysterious Strangers (from Oni)

obviously most Mike Allred capeshit: Madman, iZombie, FF (Future Foundation), Batman 66, even his Silver Surfer with Slott

all of the Jeff Parker / Evan Shaner collabs: Convergence Shazam, their Flash Gordon books for Dynamite and of course their upcoming Future Quest boom from DC

I think the same goes for the Mark Waid / Chris Samnee Daredevil and Black Widow books

Tom Scioloi's GI Joe vs Transformers for IDW

Alan Moore's Tom Strong

Frank Espinosa's Rocketo from Image (if its still in print)

some of the goofier retro licensed crossover books: Star Trek/Legion of Superheroes, Star Trek/Planet of the Apes

Space Riders from Black Mask Studios

Godland and any other Tom Scioli

Nightworld from Image Comics

And even tho its not quite the style, the Grayson book from DC is great modern spy-fi

GREETINGS AND BIENVENUE...

Such a bastard.

I fucking love that series.

Finally, someone sensible. Most people from here seem to reject it wholesale or claim Drew was the only redeemable thing about it. I've been yearning for a new Argost since the series was canned. He was so well written, usually managing to come out on top, but being handed an actual defeat every now and then to keep things interesting. And so very classy, at that.

Cartoons"

Young Samson
Birdman
Galaxy Trio
Dinoboy in the Lost Valley
Jana of the Jungle
Filmation's Tarzan, Lord of the Jungle
Godzilla (70s and 90s)
Thundarr
Blackstar
Bravestarr
Pirates of Dark Water (tho the designs are a bit more Cockrum-y)
Galtar and the Golden LAnce
Adventures of Flash Gordon (70s)
Planet of the Apes
Herculoids
Arabian Knights
The Three Musketeers
Microventures
Mighty Mightor
Shazzan
Secret Saturdays
Teen Force
Valley of the Dinosaurs
Mighty Max

>Microventures
Shit, I used to daydream about sneaking out of school in their shrinking car.

Slightly off topic, but I never understood how people were so comfortable with the rather abrupt change from the realistic style of most 80s-mid-90s cartoons to the "stylized" (mostly easier to draw) stuff that appeared in all but a few shows.

Batman: Brave & the Bold

shit there was already a massively abrupt change WITHIN the shows. you had the more realistic characters like fred and daphne right alongside goofy as fuck looking shit like scooby.. or space ghost vs most of the shit he fought. or the weirdass monsters they put into the star trek cartoon.. or the bizarre animals in sealab or johnny quest.. that kinda shit. i guess it was no different from disney having its snow whites alongside its dwarves, even as far as gaston vs lefou.. and really, zelda games still do that shit all over the place. i dunno.
anyway i think they were happy the new simpler shit was more on-model and had a fuck of a lot better animation, because the realistic toy-driven 80s cartoons usually had fantastic models but, just like the comic-accurate cape shows from the 60s, cruddy animation. better to have a fleischeresque batman that can actually throw some punches

Joe Casey's Captain Victory for Dynamite

Joe Casey's Captain Victory - from Dynamite

Brak was suppose to be like Beavis and Butthead, but they basically turned him into your typical lolsorandom character before it truly took off