Why has no one recreated the "Greek Fire"

Why has no one recreated the "Greek Fire"

Eat chili con carne three days in a row like me and come back.

For the same reason that most things pre-enlightenment aren't/can't be recreated: Precise and well preserved records are rare.

isn't that the thing mericans threw on all those gooks?

Who gives a shit about greek fire when modern napalm incendiary bombs exist

Its called napalm you fucking Turk.

Recipe had been lost to time

Damascus steel is the big one.
Packed full of good old fashion carbon nanotubes

>Precise and well preserved records are rare.
nigga we got napalm and better shit now, that stuff is just useless/too dangerous nowadays.

For what reason when Napalm exists? Is there anything why someone should try to re-create it?

If I called it that I wouldn't be able to mention the gooks you dumb abo

Damascus steel is just different types of steel and nickle pounded together to make cool patterns

Because it's irrelevant

Damascus Steel swords are beautiful works of art

Remember, the records of it's qualities are no more reliable than those about the Archimedes mirror.

>history is useless
Whatever (((You))) say.

naphtha and petroleum

>throw water on napalm it goes out
>throw water on Greek fire it gets bigger

Why wouldn't you want to recreate it? You could burn a whole country to the ground with no way of stopping it

If Greek fire was a big deal it would have been recorded and passed down. People would use it.

Either Greek fire didn't actually exist (basically propaganda) or it was useless and just for show.

Just figure out how to blow useless fire with primitive technology.
We don't know how Stonehenge was made either, but people have come up with really good explanations that make perfect sense. There's that one guy who basically builds henges single-handedly as a hobby.

>>history is useless
lmao when did i say history is useless?
i said that shit is useless for todays combat.
no boats ram each other and use arrows and shit for combat. also the government wouldnt want people burning themselves with shit like this. remember you have to think of the lowest common denominators

It wasn't written down because it was a closely guarded secret.

or it was kept in complete secrecy to avoid it falling to the enemy's hands...

I bet it was just tar, and they lit it on fire with burning arrows, and then some troll tried to pass it off as some spooky technology.