How come nickelodeon never brings up pinwheel when it talks about its history?

it was the first Nickelodeon tv show!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DuN5QiUk00E
youtube.com/watch?v=K1K8UDu9mmQ]
youtube.com/watch?v=G8iSlnlQTZM]
youtu.be/1z-XTeyV8Dk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It never talks about Allegra's Window either.
You know you wanted to fuck the yellow dog friend

Jesus Christ how old are you people

Allegra's Window was Nick Jr. in the Mid 90s
Im 25

Pinwheel was before my time.

All I had was Eureka's Castle and Under the Umbrella Tree and The Elephant Show.

Plus all those weird Japanese cartoons that Nick Jr. imported like the one about the dimension-hopping koalas.

>Im 25
the average age on this board is 40 thanks to shatner

They used to show Mr. Wizard and Danger Mouse on Nick in the mornings back in the 80s

And Duckula.

I was a stupid American so I thought that the production company, Thames, was pronounced in a way that rhymed with "James" and didn't learn my lesson until middle school.

Because you and me are the only ones who remember it. IIRC pinwheel was the original name of the network when it was a regional thing and was rebranded when it went national.

>the dimension-hopping koalas.
Yeah that was weird. Belle and Sebastian and the anime fairy tales stand out, and british shows like Danger Mouse and Banana man.

Don't forget Lassie!

WHERE IS TODAY'S SPECIAL??

OP here and i am 18

youtube.com/watch?v=DuN5QiUk00E

I miss the ITV Region idents and that was one of the best.

LWT [youtube.com/watch?v=K1K8UDu9mmQ] and Anglia [youtube.com/watch?v=G8iSlnlQTZM] are good as well, although Granada made the best programmes.

Still remember the theme song.
As long as were talking about canadian shows on nick, "You can't do that on television."

I remember when Nickelodeon would fill time between shows with cartoon shorts from independent animators.

This one was Absolutely Horrifying:

youtu.be/1z-XTeyV8Dk

how the fuck have you seen pinwheel, do you also have knowledge of today's special and out of control?

Ive herd of them

There was one I remember that I've spent my entire adult life trying to find.
Its this weird society where babies are super geniuses and they discover that they all exist in a dream, and when the dreamer awakens it will be the end of their civilization, so they build this device that lets them travel into the real world where they take the dreamer back into the dream world and put him in this soundproof room so he will never wake up from his dream.
Right as they seal the door his dream changes and everyone turns into flamingos and fly off into the sunset.
Shit blew my little kid brain, but I've literally never found anyone else who can corroborate.
Please tell me someone here remembers!

Anyone who watched Pinwheel is probably around 50 at this point.

30 something.

Nah, Pinwheel is quite a bit older than that. I'm 34 and grew up with 90s era Nick.

Bruh im 34 and I clearly remember pinwheel.

Are you American? My earliest memories of Nick shows are You Can't Do That On Television and Wild & Crazy Kids. Mr. Wizard's World was also on as early morning programming at around 6:30am I think. I can't recall ever watching Pinwheel.

I'm 34 as well and I don't remember Pinwheel

I'm 40. My Grandma was one of the first people in our tiny town to get cable (~ 1981) I remember Pinwheel because it was my favorite show in kindergarten.

So now the question is when will someone do a trance version of the Chapi Chapo song.

Pinwheel was supposed to be for a proto-ondemand service from the late 70s from Time Warner if I recall

It aired from 77 to 84. Your memories have been ruined by memes.

A lot of us didn't have cable until the late 80s or so. I don't think Pinwheel was commonly shown in reruns.

Why did Duckula have an american accent

You want rare Nickelodeon, how about Wild Side? Literally no one remembers it, and there isn't even 1 episode on the internet.