Monday Night QandA Livewatch

Get in here, Ausfags! It's time for bingo!

Watch with us:
>abc.net.au/tv/qanda/join-the-discussion.htm
>iview.abc.net.au/programs/abc-live-stream/IV1512H001S00

Tonight's panel:
>Craig Laundy - Assistant Minister for Industry, Innovation and Science
>Ed Husic - Opposition innovation spokesman
>Gillian Triggs - President, Australian Human Rights Commission
>Peter Kurti - Research Fellow, Centre for Independent Studies
>Shireen Morris - Constitutional reform research fellow, Cape York Institute

Don't forget to tweet along using #qanda and you can add @qanda onto it for questions.

Won't need a volunteer ticker-offer (even though I just got back from Pokemon training and my hands are freezing), so don't forget to call those squares out. Tonight's episode is gonna be a doozy - the theme is Identity Politics.

Other urls found in this thread:

abc.net.au/news/2016-07-25/wa-slumps-to-seventh-spot-in-commsec-state-of-the-states-report/7656888
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gillian_Triggs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How are we all tonight?

first

Looks like a cuckfest desu

>Triggs
Yep, I'm out.

Consider that your... Triggs-er warning.

expect this one to be a yawnfest after the Hansoning last week

so close

nah last week was pretty predictable, I imagine it would have been more rage inducing for the left since the episode essentially was a platform for Pauline to speak. She fucked up her opportunity though. Expect this week to cater to delusional uni tier leftists

>Innovation meme

Literally
>Mortgage your house or get some rich trust fund idiot to invest
>Pray that you're the 0.01% who become immensely successful
>Otherwise you'll breakeven for a few years before realising you've just wasted a lot of years to 'learn some important lessons or more likely just go bust after running out of 'runway'

The only winners in innovation memes are the programmers and designers who get paid while the dumb idiot 'ideas guys' try and figure out why their awesome idea doesn't turn into Facebook or Twitter

>Human Rights
These never seem to shrink. Will I have the human right to sex soon.

it's so strange that this is the model for humans

we are so far removed from actual life as humans that life has lost all meaning

people have become literal drudgeons

Too slow mate.

A lot of start up/innovators are women. I've now put 2 and 2 together that they are finding these rich trust fund idiot WKs and exploiting them, with no risk on their own end

got rid of white male tony so progressive

Tonight's panel makes me want to kill myself just reading it.

No way I can watch the stream tonight mates.

who's drinking tonight boys?
triggs is gonna be shit tonight, but husic aint too bad

nah i just got pods to eat

I am on a diet and starving.

Trying to become less obese so I can fit in one of those little cars so I can have some driving lessons.

>Centre for Independent Studies
In a world where most organisations have a superior ability to amplify signals I doubt such an ideal of independence can ever be proven... merely suggesting independence must be sought from an existing authority is an anti-egoist stance.

when you see how the 0.0001% live you realise the only way to get there without being born into it is through an innovative company that gets a fuckload of investment and then goes IPO

so everybody who wants that is playing that lottery, then 0.001% of them pull it off and sell their success to everybody else

>just follow these simple practical guides goy
>you can be successful too if you do all this - but also be lucky^
>^being lucky is the most important part

it's no different to people playing online poker - everyone has the same material, everyone is doing the same thing, but 0.001% is going to win the big kitty and everyone will think they're smarter because of confirmation/survivor bias

they're right-wing lolbetarians, should be good for a laugh.

late start tonight
are any of the panelists cucks?

Just b urself

Create a product that fills a gap in the market*

*And make it impossible for another company to steal your product and undercut you**

**This is impossible without an expensive patent that will take years to be formalized and will cost >$20,000 and even then the software can be reverse engineered by anyone from any country that doesn't care about Australian patents

I think everyone but Peter Kurti will be.

it just saddens me that people aren't interested in academia or science, they just want to get rich quick.

Because they don't want to end up like elitist STEMfags.

>they fell for the mining meme

abc.net.au/news/2016-07-25/wa-slumps-to-seventh-spot-in-commsec-state-of-the-states-report/7656888

Why are there so few posts here?

Am I in the wrong thread?

It hasn't even started yet family

oh well. it's a small comfort to know that everyone but the %1 will be on the street, begging for scraps when the world economy closes down.

You ask this every thread as the first comment.

Has anyone ever asked you how you are? Are you alright?

the problem is the millennial generation. they have been raised to believe everything will be handed to them, they will all be multimillionaire celebrities with a sports car, beach front mansion and a large social media following. 99.9% of millennials will not achieve this and will become one of the most bitter generations to have existed in modern times. academia and science isn't seen as exciting, prestigious or cool enough to them

>What are the limits to free speech?

Jesus Christ these people

Tom Ballard > Tony > Trilololol

Alright here we go lads

prisoners deserve harsh punishment desu. There will also be stuff about gay marriage just so you all know.

IT'S LIVE

I'm good user, and you?

>no Tony Jones

b-but, the smugness, it doesn't work without the smug

it was freshcunt central last week this is about right

I should probably remove some stuff on my desk. I get the feeling I'm going to end up flipping something.

where the fuck is tony

Five Coopers Red deep. Bring the bantz.

>female host

nah m8

You're the same depressive bloke in each thread trying to bring everyone down. Your negativity reminds me of a Canadian, take off your VPN J

On holiday.

>irrational right-wing people voting the wrong way

first question on right wing populaism
here we go boys

>Coopers
Nice choice.

>so obese he cant fit in a car

this isnt the trump general mate

would have preferred Michael Rowland desu
>muh right wing nazi parties getting popular boo hoo
crimea river

Any WAfags just starting to watch now?
Also where's Kevin Rudd's smugger brother

that man jaw and foreign accent this cunt needs to fuck off

>Coopers Red
You watching at a gay bar m8?

I'm good mate. Just checking.

I love the implication that nationalism is always a bad thing

>tfw no Tony Jones

this bloke looks like fucking Alvin

i know, the generations that are following those born in the 90s are going to be so fucking dumb. i wonder what the world is going to be like. people now are fucking stupid so imagine what cunts brought up on the kardashians and social media are going to be like.

Don't forget to call out squares

DON'T FAT-SHAME ME ON MY SAFE SPACE THREAD YOU CUNT

WHO THE FUCK IS COUGHING

Did I miss anything good ladm8s?

who's coughing their guts out? shut the fuck up

i think this is pretty accurate. there's a whole class of university graduates who think they're going to be something special.

these are almost always upper class kids who inherited a large sum of money and play business, dropping 50k on an app like it's nothing just for the 'experience'

Fist yourself.

Slay the person that keeps coughing. Holy fuck.

> cough

whos that cunt coughing? fucking die already

Its the first time I've posted anything other than shit photoshops.

Delete your account, kent.

Reminder that Ed Husic is a Muzzie.

I can't even wipe my own arse after toilet m8.

He's in my basement going to start the rape train later

>cough cough cough

Urrggghhh already so bored

Whenever I see this thread I get sad. It reminds me that it's Monday morning, yet again. You Aussies are lucky it's almost over.

lose weight champ you need to be /fit/ for the upcoming race war

>Gillian Triggs
>Triggs' third child, a daughter named Victoria, was born in 1984, profoundly disabled and with a short life expectancy. When Victoria was six months of age, Triggs and Clark arranged for Victoria to be primarily cared for by another family, rather than look after her themselves. Victoria eventually survived until the age of 21. When asked about the decision, Triggs responded, "But in the end I simply made the judgement that I would rather put my time into my other children and family, because I also never believed she would live to that age."
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gillian_Triggs

Good lord, that bitch is cold.

hello millennial

>sahnders

They basically fear monger the "fear mongering" label and think the people are too stupid to unpack it and apply it themselves because "fpbp".

>Still no goverment action on the housing mess
>mfw if they don't sort it by the end of the year I'm beginning the process to move to japan country side
Time to get comfy

> STOP COUGHING

Another yank using a proxy to watch the stream.

Cougher is the most based audience member ever

Getting a pol tweet on the bottom feed should be a bingo square.

COUGHING GENERAL

this chick's eyes.... fucking hell i want whatever she's on

Have I missed any squares yet? I keep getting distracted by whoever is coughing their lungs up.

>COUGH COUGH COUGH COUGH

Reluctant clapping time

>that forced applause for the brown girl
love it

The government don't have to fix the housing mess, that's what the free market is all about.

>wealth / income inequality

these cunts never shut up about this holy fuck

gotta increase those gibmedats guys

Someone make it so. Could be the new Fedora Beast.

this episode seems like a complete bore think i might go to bed

I'll take that as a comment, Goldman

sleep tight user

The government gets to give you generous tax advantages that come out of the taxes paid by renters

>Free market can't compete!

sorry friend didn't comprehend your statement properly. I'll shout you a beer at the pub to make up for my rudeness

The generation lacks critical thinking and has been raised with fragile egos where self worth is based on how many 'likes' a facebook post gets, rather than actual achievement.

They're in for a rude shock in the next decade. We all want to be special, some of us will do something remarkable but the majority of the population will just stay the status quo middle class kind of lifestyle

Seconded, the fedora beasts are a dying breed.

it's not about wanting welfare, it's about wanting more jobs.

australia has been stuck in the coal industry for decades and it's created massive problems with our economy and society.