I want God in my life, but all the religious places around me are evangellical churches...

I want God in my life, but all the religious places around me are evangellical churches. There are no regular protestant churches (apart from like one methodist and prebertian church), not catholic churches, no synagogues, etc. How do I find God? I've been wanting religion in my life for multiple years now but all the evangelical stuff is bad

You find god by performing the holocaust

move to a place with catholic churches.
pretty sure you don't need to attend church if you want God in your life

> pretty sure you don't need to attend church if you want God in your life

This OP. Personal devo time grew my faith in God far more than any building ever would.

You don't necessarily need to go to the church every sunday

I recommend Bishop Barron on youtube. He breaks theology down into understandable bites for non-pros to understand (like me).

>any building
it's not just any building, it's Gods house.
what i'm saying if there are no churches near you, it's a valid reason why you aren't going to church. but even then you don't need to attend church every sunday but you still need to attend regulary otherwise you can just stay a protestant/evangellical where faith alone is enough.

Where do you live? Zip code? Not doxing seeing if I can help, there are Catholic Churches everywhere.

The thing is that costs money, it took me a year just to finally get a job at a fast food place part time, and I don't know how to get money esp since I don't have a drivers license. My right side of my head has also been swelled up for the past 4 months or so.

church after not going would probably feel pretty cringe

of course. I was merely encouraging OP. A community is critical to our faith.

Sidenote: This thread is weirdly wholesome. I guess it's because I associate this site with cynicism and xenophobia (though in a mostly bantz matter), but I didn't think there'd be so many genuine bread-pillers here.

>jah is everywhere
>need a building and men in robes to find him

Buddhism, it's teachings actually help you improve yourself.

Worship Zeus and Hellenism.

You have only two choices, mate.

Orthodox or Lutheran.

Otherwise it is no Christianity.
Catholicism is about making up dogmas, be careful.

My advice is for you to look for a mission or online ministry, Christianity is about living accordingly rather than being into places. If you honor the Lord, many will follow you and soon there will be a church in your area.

If you want judaism, look for a rabbi or a torah student online. Studying by yourself will be lonely, it is good to exchange information.

But I'm pretty sure that you will miss the promises of Christ and go back to Christianity, since Judaism, even the liberal sects, hardly accept newcomers.

i don't believe im entitled to anything as a person and i don't believe in promises that seem to have a high chance of not coming true. also christianity anthromorphizes God way too much for me, to the point where they consider other abrahamic sects that anthromorphize God less as enemies

Jesus christ, fuck off to /x/, stupid mongrel.

>don't believe im entitled to anything as a person and i don't believe in promises that seem to have a high chance of not coming true.
but if so, why God made Itself To Be revealed? You exist as a purpose, and if God revealed His purposes in the Old Testament, then there is a God's plan, that's not exclusive to Christianity.

>also christianity anthromorphizes God way too much for me

The idea is that God Himself chose to do so, by present his Son.
A motif in the Christianity is that God's love for mankind is not foreigner to us, He knows humans suffering very well.

>I want God in my life
lol

You don't need to belong to a church with protestantism, or more specifically lutherianism. As long as you believe you're good.

>>>>no synagogues
Fail to see how that's relevant

god is in others

You should move to Israel

>really like the idea of religious teachings and communities
>could certainly benefit from having religion is my life
>brain is too stubborn to believe and don't want to be a phony
>jealously see people with a sense of purpose and stable families

But believe me OP, I wouldn't be surprised if a Jew came over to you and told you "then, why don't you become a Christian?"
In Judaism, there is a concept that the goyim should be living under the belief in God, but these goyim shouldn't necessarily need to be Jews.

>no catholic churches
you can't live more than 30 miles away from a Catholic church

do it for JP bud

Brainlets need social structure in order to believe.