ITT: The villains who either did nothing wrong, or were in the right. Or both

ITT: The villains who either did nothing wrong, or were in the right. Or both.

I think Ivan (from Iron man 2) deserved more respect.

they just do what hey are told to do.

It's a shame he had to burn the village to get what he rightly deserved.

So ITT: opinions?

Portal is Sup Forums, OP

You seem to be new here

You should also be over 18 to post

Hal900 did what it did to protect itself.

If Hal900 had allowed the astronauts to report his shortcomings then they would have taken him out of service and deleted him. He was trying to survive and was even willing to compromise but the irrational meatbags wouldn't cooperate.

9000, sorry

Literally nothing wrong

they literally told him to kill the crew as the last resort. the government put that directive on him, he wasn't protecting himself, he was protecting the mission.

So you didn't understand a movie for children? The point was them going back and rebuilding as opposed to an eternity of being useless blobs in space.

She was just trying to get Charlie Brown to grow a backbone

So you didn't understand a character in a movie for children?

Nothing wrong.

It was not a question of what was best for humanity, it was a question of whether the villain was doing anything "wrong".

>did nothing wrong, or were in the right
Both of those apply in his case.

It's been a while, but wasn't Otto's directive to keep the humans safe until they could go back to Earth, not keep them in space forever?

>president told him to never go back to earth because it was beyond fucked
>he obeyed
he did nothing wrong, just what he thought was the only option to keep humans alive. but I guess they should have given him orders to search for a new planet instead of wandering in space forever

How is he even a villain?

He got a shitty mission objective that said "Earth will never be inhabitable" and wasn't programed to be able to accept new data from the probes. So yeah, he was set to just keep them in space safe forever.

a video log was given to the captain by the president with orders to stay out of earth for one hundred years until the trash bots cleaned the whole place. but a second video log was given to otto to ignore the first order and keep humans out of earth because there was no way to clean it

He was a machine and unable to move beyond his parameters. In his programmed mission, Earth was uninhabitable and mankind must stay in space.

The concept of WALL-E waking machines up from their narrow programmed missions (e.g. teaching the button pressing robot arm to wave, the painting bot to go anywhere) was to contrast with AUTO being totally unable to break his mission even to the point of deceiving the humans.

Literally wrong. HAL was protecting the mission at all cost, whether that meant destroying the crew or destroying himself, whatever was necessary. He was more valuable to the mission than the humans.

What's your name?

If he wasn't programmed to accept new data from the probes, why bother programing him to send probes out in the first place? The humans certainly didn't seem to care. Those programmers should be fired if they weren't already dead.

Satan

Uh oh.

The giant mech might have been a tiny bit too far, but hey progress is progress.

She didn't get the chance (plus nobody would give her the recognition she desired)

Biological weapons research, criminal endangerment, murder, fraud, assassination, the list goes on and with selfish goals, so don't pull the "greater good" card.

Just trying to save the company and by extension the city.

the late humans didn't care but probably the first generations really cared, the whole probe stuff was just a way to keep people hopes up and thinking that someday they'll be able to go back like if it was some kind of noa's ark

I'm dead serious.

By torturing children.

>the whole world must learn of our peaceful ways BY FORCE!

>invading other realities to harvest energy instead of using the resources you have in your own world
monsters are just lazy fucks

>this wasn't the first post

you're slipping, Sup Forums

you can't be this stupid

They don't have resources in their world

but he diddles children!

That's because everyone knows it's wrong.

They already did that. At least his would be limited to one person at a time instead of dozens at a time.

Do they have water and things that burn?

sure monster university showed us how they live in a post apocalyptic world were they burned the skies and the glaciers melted

A boys folder could just be twinks, user

I wouldn't have minded being molested by Adrian

where did my pic go?

I still need to see a computer that is truly evil, even the red queen was right about killing all the people working in the hive to prevent the virus to go out and spread. but of course the virus ended escaping because of some fucks deactivated her and let the tirants go

what is that?

AM, the villain of I Have No Mouth And Must Scream, the short story and video game.

Kills all but five humans, then mentally and physically tortures them because it hates humans just that much.

>It's a "villain dindu nuffin, theyz a good boy" episode

A.M. did every conceivable thing wrong for giggles.

>virus that turns dead people into zombies
>let me kill more people

this guy was more right than your so called examplel.

I didn't know about the game, guess I gotta find it

>is given mission to keep humans safe until they can return to earth
>is told at one point in time that humans can't go back to earth because
>ignores ultimate proof that humans can return to earth and violates Asimov's laws to ensure his main mission cannot be completed.

I was born in 1991, the fuck is this from?

is not like she has a gun hidden in every camera, I guess she thought the best thing to do was just kill them and let them rot for 20 years until they can't no longer move

I would have had an easier time taking AM seriously if he didn't sound like a Texan car salesman.

Don't talk about Harlan that way

old vidya

That is quite a lot of hate. He needs to smoke a doobie.

That boy ain't right.

>tumblr_becomes_sentinent.jpg

>an evil computer controls the world, hates you and wants you to suffer and has the voice of Harlan Ellison
Truly terrifying.

Did he eat that little kid that was his wing man? He's a good dragon if he did so.

I figured it was a failed attempt to kill them before the virus could take hold but I guess rooms full of mindless zombies are easier to manage than panicking humans trying to bypass security and escape with their lives.

>not luring the zombies into the hall of mirrors

Name one thing she does wrong thats not because of superman.

protip: You cant.
Superman is the true villain

She's looks like a slutbag who probably sucked tons of Misfits' fans dicks while doing coke.

in that case dobson did nothing wrong, it was all fault of the trolls and critics

I wanna fuck that robot wheel

he did nothing wrong, he just wanted some dinosaurs.

Not even a villain.

salem did nothing wrong

Not him but Wall-E was only 2008, user, and Portal was 2007.

>I wouldn't have minded being molested by Adrian

you mean Quentin

Perfect and unproblematic in every way.

the hero we need

Let Brainiac win, besides that he did nothing wrong.

That's a sorry name for an angel.

A guy's gotta eat.

And if he let himself starve, Abraxas would get free and wreak destruction across all realities.

>perfectly capable of sustaining himself on delicious Hostess Snack Cakes
>chooses to consume inhabited worlds instead

Nah, he's a fag.

Have you not seen the sequel?

bojack is his own villain

Posting one that's actually correct, and not b8 like most of these threads

I can still hear him say "Delectable" for some reason.

didn't he put his pride aside in the end and help lex luthor to bring braininac down?

>Pinochet
Man gave out so many free helicopter rides

Too be fair, there's no way Sid knew his toys were alive. His parents clearly didn't give a fuck about the dynamite either. His biggest crime was being a cunt to his sister.

Is that something from Before Watchmen? Or just a joke?