Disney fucks up the economy with their shitty earnings

marketwatch.com/story/walt-disneys-stock-tumble-pushes-dow-futures-firmly-into-negative-territory-2016-05-11

> Walt Disney Co.'s. stockDIS,-4.80%tumbled more than 5% in premarket trade Wednesday, enough to push the Dow Jones Industrial AverageDJIA,-0.37%firmly into negative territory, on the heels ofdisappointing quarterly results. The shares shed $5.50, or 5.1%, ahead of the open, which would shave about 38 points off the Dow's price. Dow futures were down 45 points. The stock is on track to open at the lowest price seen during regular session hours since April 18.
Disney is so fucking big when it fails WE ALL FAIL

>They blamed it all on ESPN and Disney Infinity

BRAVO
R
A
V
O

THIS IS IT, DISNEY IS FINISHED!
Selling out to FOX when?

Oh god yes, let the Mouse fall like a brick. Fuck you, Disney!

Just pointing out that even now, at a point so low they had to lay off and entire franchise, they are STILL the richest and most valuble entertainment company on earth

Sup Forums has changed. It's no longer about creativity, ambition or quality . It's an endless series of branded franchises, fought by disenfranchised creators and focus groups. Media, and its dictation of life, has become a well-oiled machine. Sup Forums has changed. Branded students read branded textboomks , consume branded news . Algotithms in their phones and tablets enhance and regualte their taste. Leisure control. Work control. Social control. Economic control. Everything is monitored, and kept under budget . Sup Forums has changed. The age of products has become the age of brand . All in the name of promoting the complete dominion of human culture And he who controls the culture , controls humanity. Sup Forums has changed. When the industry is under total control, Sup Forums... becomes god.

I thought ESPN is their money printer?

network segment, which includes sports giant ESPN. It also underperformed in consumer products.

“Despite the continued lack of visibility on Disney’s CEO succession plans and the underperformance over the course of this year, Disney continues to be the most expensive media stock” wrote analysts Kannan Venkateshwar, Shelley Yang and Divyaunsh Divatia in a note to investors.

Revenue for the media networks unit, Disney's largest business division thatruns ABC, ESPN and other TV networks,was flat at $5.8 billion. The unit's cable networks business saw its revenuedecline2% to $4billionbutoperating income rise 12% due to higher affiliate fees ESPN collected from pay-TV companies.

But ESPN's higher affiliate revenue derived from risingrates, not improved ratings.Mirroring the trend it saw last year,its subscriber base fell again during the quarter. ESPN's ratings have been a concern for investors, contributing to Disney's falling stock price for much of last year. After the first quarter, Disney chairman and CEORobert Iger said ESPN's ratings were on the rebound. And ESPN also settled its year-long lawsuit with Verizon over Verizon's new TV channel bundling programthat left out ESPN from a base package option.

ESPN's programming costs, which have been rising steeply in recent years due to heightened demand for live sports programming, dipped because only one college football playoff game was aired onthe network during the quarter, compared withseven in the year-ago period.That also contributed to lower ad sales at ESPN, it said.

This is more of a or thread lads

The stock market was a mistake

ESPN is worthless because their big money makers are Monday night football which only airs once a week during the nfl season and the NBA which they share with turner. They're also losing on air talent.

>Disney is more Sup Forums then Sup Forums
At no point in Disney's lifetime has this ever been true not even quite for those few years where they were churning out sitcom after sitcom.

>Animated movies and series don't show on TV and Cinema
m8.
It's interesting to see how Sup Forums imagines things but any cartoon or animated movie here goes there. The difference is Sup Forums actually has a filter in that it's mostly for the media whereas Sup Forums in the rules themselves states it's loose and for the medium.

um excuse me but did disneyTM give you permission to use that image for your post? you're not a filthy thief are you?

>The age of products has become the age of brand .

thats pretty true brah

they've made a few animations

Meh.

Call me when they make Marvel vs Capcom 4.

Wild West all over again when?

Literal memewars

>At no point in Disney's lifetime has this ever been true

This thread is about a quarterly earnings report being used to incite company wars.

Get the fuck off our board.

Please mods, move this to biz. I don't want this to be the new normal. I don't want Sup Forums to become Sup Forums with endless PC/Mac, AMD/Intel, AMD/Nvidia shitposting company war threads.

Yup, anyone who likes the NBA hates when games are on ESPN because TNT is far better. I mean how does ESPN not have any big name guy for halftime reports, but TNT has Shaq, Charles Barkley, and Kenny Smith? I mean even last night, TNT had this segment with Dwight Howard where they had a great discussion after the Spurs Thunder game.

ESPN is falling in ratings because they've gone sjw and don't talk about sports as much anymore. There's a lot of "celebrity news" now on the channel. It's mostly a combo of games, highlight shows, and TMZ level shit.

Congrats, Sup Forums. You've been betting on a dead horse for years.

Good. I want to see the mouse burn

>thinking the mouse will ever die when almost all their movies print money
Maybe ESPN or something will break off, but all the Sup Forums and Sup Forums related parts will be alive for a good while longer

What will drebin sells in this scenario?

Art has never gone with business. Nothing has changed.

I can see all the jewampires in Hasbro HQ rubbing their paws,waiting for Disney to fall in their.

We cyberpunk now.

I wish Hasbro was able to buy Disney.

ESPN has been a huge money generator for Dismey though, it failing while sports in general have been booming is a huge red flag.

>Hasbro
>able to buy anything

Mattel

>You've been betting on a dead horse for years.
This is adorable, Sup Forums you live inside a singularity where you attempt to comment on things you can't even see.
Sup Forums has been lambasting Disney since before their acquisition of Marvel sent you into a OCD fit. First and foremost how they and several other studios were involved in an agreed scheme to refuse to hire each other's animators and other staff basically forcing employees to stick on board or drown regardless of work conditions.
Something ethically a lot more directly petty and sinister business wise than making a lot of money and upsetting people who aren't even affected by your earnings.
Yet where were you when bets were being made on the matter of how quickly it would get swept under the carpet?
It happened in less than a month if you're curious, as expected no one really won in the end.

What's this trauma with Sup Forums? Did they permaban you or what?

Company Wars?

It is ESPN's fault. Why do you think they were willing to buy Marvel and Star Wars and to hamfist Star Wars lands into their amusement parks?

Disney has to do all this stuff just to stay afloat.

Elementary my dear boy. After what I just detailed you expect me to believe anyone here who knows Disney has any belief that Sup Forums believes there's any integrity in Disney? Outside of media boards only recently flooded by Disney content as a result of success in Marvel, Star Wars and its own films?

Sup Forums has already talked to death the virtually ritually satanic sacrificial nature of the studios and industries in animation due to being, knowing or talking to animators, directors, writers, etc frequently who detail there's no hope left in man.

Sup Forums complained and lost faith when they heard word Disney was so much as scrapping or revamping 2D proposals due to the cost and profit difference between those and CG. Which basically meant traditional animators had to keep up or get out. Even the Disney theme park threads would bring up questionable practices like something out of a satirical horror comedy. I don't think there's a corner of Disney that hasn't been uncovered here.

By virtue of indulging their media and merch Sup Forums is first up to ridicule DC, Marvel, Archie, WB, Disney, Nick and whoever. The only people who believe otherwise often do not browse here to see this happen regularly and so assume their criticisms are news.

tl;dr for years everyone here has been at the races daily, anyone here long enough to know the track records does not have a horse by the name Disney. Except maybe sadomasochists.

tl;dr, indeed.

All these redditors don't even look what other boards are on Sup Forums. They use Sup Forums for everything and the mods don't do anything.

ITT angry disneyfags

The change in format to have more TMZ type stuff is an attempt to help with declining ratings not the cause.

>>They blamed it all on ESPN and Disney Infinity
well it's hard to blame it on their movies.
Unless marvel comics or Disney XD are going super bad it seems like the only real reason. I don't really know.

>it's ok when capeshit movies make billions
>o no bad news DELETE THIS
shills, goddamn