Daily Japanese Thread - DJT #1939

Japanese language learning thread.

Read the Guide linked before asking how to learn Japanese:
djtguide.neocities.org/
Check the Cornucopia of Resources before asking where do download X or Y:
djtguide.neocities.org/cor.html

Archive of older threads: desuarchive.org/int/search/subject/Daily Japanese Thread/

Previous thread:

戦争と同じようにスレは長く生き残らなかった

Other urls found in this thread:

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/enfeoff
youtu.be/6qsXxKawUos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

please keep this one alive

Might've been better to just wait until the Binland raid's over.

oh, so that's what was going on

バンプ
糞のフィンランド人の野郎

damnit

no

I was checking up on it regularly, but a burst in new threads created made it prune in like 40 minutes. Will check up every 30 minutes instead of every hour.

団結

感謝します

bump

まあ、急襲が終わるとスレをまだ作れる
とりあえず、死なせてもいい

知ってるか?フィンランドが今日は100年古いです。 :D

ムーミン抹消計画始動!
(`・ω・´)

おはようございます
こっちのスレは平和なんだね

Is it "私は日本語を話せません" or "私は日本語が話せません"? I get を and が confused.

Is Marutei Tsurunen mentioned?

> Tsurunen served as a representative of the Democrats in the House of Lords of Japan in 2002-2013 as her first Western-born member.

It's a hell of a hell of a thing when you think about how dubious Japanese are foreigners. Sure Finland is a kind of exception, the older population knows and values Mannerheim and the Finns.

Apparently, he is a conservative politician and so do you like it

外は嵐が吹き荒れてるけどねw

つか、フィンランドの諸君が
丸っきりVIPPERのノリでワロタw

昔、調子に乗って他板を荒したら
運営に集団規制されたのを思い出したw

You have to be careful to use.

I am Japanese.
私 は 日本人です。
=>I emphasize the fact without highlighting.

I am Japanese.
私 が 日本人です。
=>I emphasize that being a Japanese is me.

Sorry, I made a mistake....
日本語を話せません
(I can't speak....)

日本語が話せません
(I can't speak.... =Emphasize Japanese. )

So, if I say "私は日本語が話せません" that means I specifically can't speak Japanese. I guess を may not make grammatical sense in this case...? At least, I try to avoid using が twice in one sentence, so I shouldn't say "私が日本語が話せません".

Ohh, so both are right, okay :) Just the context is different. Thank you so much!

How long can you read Japanese.
ttp://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~xx8a-kmi/gatoha.html

(But, I can write English only a little... )

I studied on and off for the past couple of years, but I'm trying to push myself this month and next year because I'll be taking my first Japanese language class in January. I know how to read hiragana, katakana, and a handful of kanji as well as make some basic sentences.

(It's fine, I appreciate your help )

ムーミン丸焼き食べてみたい

>to enfeoff
whatthefuckamIreading

封じる-ほうじる
>「封ずる」に同じ。
⇨封ずる
>領地を与えて,支配者とする。
naruhodo

>I studied on and off for the past couple of years
>I know how to read hiragana, katakana, and a handful of kanj
I don't want to sound like a douche or anything, but what have you been doing exactly?

By "on and off" I meant I would go to it on an occasion but I wasn't strongly invested into learning it, and didn't have much time due to school work and other personal issues in life. Anyways, I learned how to read hiragana and katakana by repeatedly writing the characters down, playing some online memorization games for them, and make practice sentences. For kanjis, I would talk with some Japanese people online or study Japanese chats and memorize some commonly used kanjis. I also looked at websites like Kanjidamage to learn some radicals.

Now this month, I have a bit more motivation, since taking a class would mean that I can give more time into it. I've been trying out some apps like duolingo and lingodeer, as well as a NDS game I remembered owning "My Japanese Coach" (though learning writing from it isn't good). I also have a Japanese handwriting textbook with me that I've been filling out.

スオミ おめでとう!
ひどいw

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/enfeoff
Took me 2 seconds to google it mate.

Try to be a bit more focused on a few efficient ways to go about learning now that you've tried many things. You seem to lack the organization to learn a language on your own, but it's something you have to do because taking classes either brings you to fluency in 10 years or straight into the jaws of dekinai-chan. Also cut it out with all the app and video game bullshit, that's also a one-way ticket straight to dekinai. If you can't have focused attention besides having games and animations fly in your face, then you're not cut out to learn a language and will lose patience before getting there. Maybe try a different language, one that doesn't require as much effort and attention?

I asked in the last thread but it died --
is 醜い ateji?

Yeah, organization, motivation, time, as well as lack of knowledge of resources hinders my ability to learn it. I did take some French classes in high school, but to be honest I didn't learn much due to not much practice in the classroom other than learning vocabularies without much context, and that is my fear when getting into a Japanese class. At least, with Japanese I know some people who are helping me, and I often study with someone who goes over the words with me sometimes, but he is often busy too.

It's not the idea that animations or games are flying in my face when I use those programs (they don't have much anyways). I'm just using those as tools, since I've been recommended them by others. I use it more as like flash cards or sentence builders, and I take notes of what I learn in my journals and try to apply it to sentences that I read on websites. I feel like they really helped me with practicing, though I don't mind suggestions on other ways of learning such as what kinds of textbooks should I buy.

no

You should read and follow the guide. There are a lot of permabeginners out there who give terrible language learning advice and you've fallen for it.

I figured that's the case, thank you so much.

Can the Japanese here read 羊歯 without looking it up?

Is it just coincidence that it sounds the same and means the same thing as 「見にくい」?

Does はあ just means 前? What does 座ってはけ means?

no

my first thought was that はあ is related to 早. it seems i was right

not sure about ~てはけ

They're in Aomori, if that helps.

座って=sit down
はけ((履け)=wear it (it is shoes in this case)

youtu.be/6qsXxKawUos

Thanks a lot.

Okay, so what gives? I read the guide, and pretty much it recommends me to do about the same kinds of things that I've been looking for. The main thing it recommends is a program called Anki which is a flash card with an app for android, as well as recommending other apps and websites that I've been using. What, do you want me to ignore these? Or do you just personally ignore these because you don't like how it "flies out" at you?

Honestly, it gives me a whole lot of options to choose from instead of going through a straightforward path, unless you want to say the path is to study Tae Kim guide first and then do Anki (which would contradict what you said). Whatever, it doesn't matter. I'm going to go through the resource guide and see what I like.

What's the Japanese equivalent of screaming "NOOOOOOOOOO!" ?

I'm not the "flies out" user, but Anki is infinitely better than apps like Duolingo/Lingodeer. It's probably the only app worth using apart from ereaders/dictionaries. Really, though, the key point of the guide is that you should start reading native content every day as soon as possible. There are countless people who spend years reading textbooks, writing kanji in notebooks, taking classes, "building sentences" in shitty apps, and so on, but never actually learn Japanese because they're avoiding the most important part: reading and listening to a fuck load of native content. The worst part about those apps is that they make you complacent by giving you the illusion of progress.

Get Anki and the core6k deck and start doing it today. Spend less time worrying about the "correct" way to learn Japanese and spend more time reading Japanese or listening to Japanese (WATCH ANIME)

What's your favorite anime, Sup Forums?

I want to lick Hajime's armpits.

Hey, I wasn’t worried about the perfect way to study, the other user was because he said my way of studying is completely flawed. I know it’s flawed, and what I’m doing is experimenting to try and see what’s good for me.

Look, if it’s not clear enough already, I’m not only using duolingo and lingodeer to study, and I know for a fact that I can’t use apps, programs, or games alone to study. What happens is the material has a difficulty spike for one that I need to use something else to study with, and I’ll need to research to find my own answers. But, I know I’ve “progressed”, but not because of solely duolingo, lingodeer, kanjidamage, or any other studying program/website/textbook/etc. I’ve used. It’s the culmination of my efforts, and I learned a handful that I can use right now. And yes, I’m used to hearing anime, music, etc. from Japan so I’m very familiar with Japanese structure, and I know that I’ll be surrounded by the language for a long time (hence why I’m learning it as opposed to Spanish or something else common to America).

What I’m saying here is, I don’t think personally I can use Anki by itself. I will end up taking notes down and studying those notes instead of staring at the screen at the information because that’s just how I work. And, the first 20 cards doesn’t teach me how to make a sentence, so I’ll need to learn grammar (that’s where Tae Kim comes in I think, which was recommended beforehand on the guide). It also doesn't teach me stroke order, so I'll need to look somewhere else for it as well (at least in that particular deck). Everyone’s different. And hey, there’s a lot of other programs it also recommends on the site. Why can’t I try those out as well?

So if this isn't ateji, then what is it called when they take something and slap a new kanji on it just because?

so this is how vidya gets made

Use whatever you want along the side, I just wanted to bully you into reading a lot and using Anki because that's the path to success.

I think Anki looks very useful. I'll still definitely use it, and thank you for recommending it to me. I believe that it will help me too :)

Not him (obviously) but Anki has been the single greatest tool I've ever had for studying (not just studying Japanese, but throughout my whole educational career).

Imagine the faint aroma and taste of her delicious girlsweat after she spends a couple hours doing motion cap.

いやああああああああ

Does anyone have any experience with LingQ that they would share? I wanted to do LWT but I can't install it on Windows10 and I can't upgrade to Windows7 for reasons.