Why don't third worlders have libraries?

Why don't third worlders have libraries?

In the US there is a library in pretty much every town

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/world/2015/jun/19/argentina-books-bookstores-reading
nationsencyclopedia.com/Americas/Argentina-LIBRARIES-AND-MUSEUMS.html
worldtoptop.com/real-gabinete-leitura/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnegie_library
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because books are expensive

theguardian.com/world/2015/jun/19/argentina-books-bookstores-reading

If homeless and poor people didn't exist, nobody would visit libraries

It's the same shit here.

our people don't read

oh so you use it as shelters? i thought they were meant to be used as reading places

They are for reading, ignore the high school drop out who has never used one.

Libraries are actually growing rapidly again after years of declined use, as the facilities get more services such as much faster internet, 3D printers, rentable devices like ipads, etc

We're one of the countries that have more libraries in the world

They are for using the utilities of the public library mostly (that why investment in said utilities is going up).

They are like Pharmacies in that regard where the primary purpose of it gets somewhat relegated to a lower priority..

>In the US there is a library in pretty much every town
Fun fact, in 2015, america had one library for every MacDonald in the country.

They're niggers they don't read

qatar is a small meme non country, I come from a 3rd world muslim shithole and we did have libraries not as good as american ones but we at least did have libraries

>HORRID IN FACT

They would steal books. They would borrow books and never return.

We've got 7,363 public libraries covering 2,281 out of 2,446 municipios, that's our county equivalent, granted many of those are barely more than something like pictured but they do offer free internet access. You'd have to be way out in the middle of the sierra not to have access to a library and there's some very nice ones in anything that's an urban area.

Our biggest problem really is people don't use them, rural libraries actually get more readers ironically enough because they have books on farming and home improvement

>go to university
>huge libraries the size of flats about every niche subject imaginable
>lots of rooms for people to read and study

>go to a public library
>a handful of shitty roman stories

I use my library regularly. Based inter-library loan program making it so I never have to buy any books. The only public service I really treasure.

my public library is better than my college library in some fields especially fiction and even some type of non fiction .

Why not just download everything you want?

We have at least 11 public libraries here in my city but poor people don't read. All schools have libraries too, if you go to any good institution most have libraries take request, meaning if they don't have the book that you want they'll buy it for you too read.

pic related is one of them

not him but physical copies are comfier

reading is for faggots

>going to the library

haha fucking nerds

This is the actual collection for the library pictured, it would be about standard for the smaller libraries here

because books are free and don't use your battery while you're on the street

pic is another library here in my city

every university has a library

Vasconcelos library in mexico city is dreamy

Every school inside a university should have a library, what did you drink this time Ivan?

libraries are empty here because everything is on the internet.

I'm not too fond of the architecture tbqh but it's cool on the inside, the better one for me would still be pictured.

libraries are full here because they provide working spaces/wifi for students, magazines for old people, comics for kids and computers for immigrants. also recommendations and short loans of new best sellers.

why do libraries in denmark suck so much

why get a library when the quran is the only book you're allowed to read anyway?

Yeah libraries here are empty too.

University Libraries are full of course but our regular public ones are just for poor people to sit in a warm place and kids to play Halo on and fool their moms into thinking they are going outside.

This is the main library of my university, although each faculty also has it's own library. I don't think it contains fiction but I'm not sure.

My local one looks like a shitty bookstore, except the local bookstore is huge and has all kinds of books.

It sure does look awesome on the outside but it's no cozy, I wan't a reading environment to hug me like the Royal Portuguese Reading Room (pic related) in Rio

Small library in Mexico City, obviously a step up from the rural ones.

idk? we've moved on.

Books are expensive, more expensive than ebooks.

And poor people, governments don't give a shit on education or science development so nobody interested on books.

People in first world usually don't have time to read, think about that in long working day countries.

This is what a library looks like in a Russian university, Jose

I love libraries

Wow! Now that is impressive as fuck, it's beautiful man, that's exquisite. Brazil does have its jewels.

Do American libraries really look better than that? Ours even new ones all use florescent lighting and smell. Also the carpets look weird.

i never went to university so i dont really know how they are organised but i know they have libraries

A shame considering how nice it looks.

I work for them. 60 BRL monthly and you can become a member and borrow books.

Do you pay for most Brazilian libraries or just this one?

Here the university libraries are always filled with students who need a place to study.
Public libraries only have house wives in them (note that like 80% of the Dutch women work like 2 or 3 days)

Libraries thread :D

Yes man, that is very nice and I did post one for my university that's a UNESCO world heritage in case you didn't notice, but still, every school inside a university, that is a faculty, should have its own library apart from the central one, it's not practical for students or teachers to have to go all the way to the central library in their campus every time they want to reference a book, now is it?

I can't imagine working there, it most be a delight to have this as the room next door
It sure did, but most Brazilian modernism is crap, just take a look at the work of Niemeyer ( He is praised as a god here) and I'll see our
decadency. Pic related is the main library of our capital city, designed by him of course.

This reminds me I've never seen a white building in this country.

That library is in Porto Alegre, South Brazil.
Stop stealing pictures stupid faggot nigger.

Argentinians don't read books because they are fucking chimps.

Nice, I imagine they can still use it as an opera house

It is absolutely gorgeous, the most Patrician I've seen for the new world

looks comfy :3

we have libraries in every city, don't know about small towns

My university library.

Been there, 70% building, 30% books and related stuff.

Every school has its own library but they're one roof at best.

that looks pretty cool tbqh

needs more reading materials rather than the facilities itself.

What a nasty little cunt. The place looks nice but all he can do is shit on it

Yes that is H.P. Lovecraft

I judge a library by the contents of its catalog. The library at Concordia in Montréal is a fucking travesty in terms of quality compared to the university of Florida one

I think it looks somewhat arab, the arched entrances make the open wall look like a mashrabiya.
most buildings in our capital are 100% white and glass due to zoning laws and stuff, but even in other places like Sao Paulo they're almost always white to save on cooling bills

>60 a month

What the fuck

Can't you just order books at your local libraries? Here you can ask the library to buy it for their catalog and unless it's some stupid shit like the apple book they will most likely do it.
60BRL = 18.75 USD

Niemeyer probably gets both more hate and praise than he deserves, I'm not a fan of the style tho admitedly brutalism's biggest crime in Mexico was all the unnecessary paving over what could have been green areas, which for the most part you seem to have avoided in Brazil.

Yeah that's still money. Public libraries here are free

No, there's only interlibrary loan meaning that if a book exists in your state you can get it or pray to God your library has a partnership with another library that has it beyond state lines

You can get libraries to buy books

It doesn't look that nice really. It's just average.

They never tell us this

It looks sleek and modern with out being gaudy.

You have to ask

I remember the ambassy of Angola was located in a monumental building here. And they decided to paint their entire building white without a license. Everyone was pissed off lol. The media and the parliament were all over it.

The city decided to restore the building.

I'd say most here are free too and I think all are open to the public ( meaning you can go there and read inside the library ) but some require you to get a card which can cost upwards of 10 dollars ( but it's a one time purchase ) or even pay a monthly fee to use it
That's too bad, at least you got cheap books, taxation here is so bad that a single rare imported book can cost upwards of 25 dollars
Niemeyer wasn't a brutalist, he was a modernist, brazilian brutalism has some pretty great buildings, like the "every geography test question about inequality building" (pic related) and many others. Also I'd like a bit more paving over green areas, because here they're not green, they're either muddy fields or tall .unmaintained grass,

kek, fair enough, they can do proper landscaping for tropical humid climates that's easy to mantain, or even xeriscaping in deserts, I'm saying building massive heat islands isn't my own preference

>sure all third world countries have no library cuz qatar didn't had one hahah third worlders gtfo we smurtt!!

Well, I'm beginning Architecture at an Uni to find out what this landscaping is and why nobody here uses it

I don't think you need a license for the color of your building here, and this causes major atrocities

Pic related is the consulate of a major nation in my neighborhood, feel free to guess what nation is it

It is a public library, but in order to borrow books, you have to pay for membership.
I work as a researcher, I'm an economist doing my MA in IR, but I don't spend as much time there as I would like to.
It's amazing indeed.

Borrowing books, movies, dvds is free here

also nationsencyclopedia.com/Americas/Argentina-LIBRARIES-AND-MUSEUMS.html

As it should be.
But the place in question is more than a common library, so I don't think there is a possibility of doing that.
worldtoptop.com/real-gabinete-leitura/

the only people who use libraries in america are homeless people who want to masturbate in public

That's Gemany. And the fences are meant to keep the refugees out.

You're unironically right

There are no taxes on books nigga

>2017
>going to the library and not just downloading an ebook from b-ok or libgen and loading it onto your ebook reader or phone

Sometimes paper is better than light
Especially on those who already spend too much time with eyes on a screen

Ebook readers don't tire your eyes like other screen devices do.

Gorgeous facade

kek at that guy's comment

Got the message after Alexandria

Beautiful

Ummm you’re welcome sweety
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnegie_library

>Why don't third worlders ______________?
Because of money dumbass.