Storytime of eventual retcon
Get a load of that Citizen Steel on the cover

What a whiny cunt.

>REX YOU SONNUVA BITCH

Love Rex's costume.

>no more New 52 Earth 2 after Rebirth
It's been a ride.

>those Hawk abs and titties

Well, its continuing after Rebirth, we just don't know when its ending. Probably around September when JL(S)A starts

Unfortunately this book is still continuing after Rebirth for the foreseeable future I think.

YOU ARE KIDDING ME.

wait wut

>Ultrahumanite
>Ultrahumanite knows it as E2
WAIT
WUT
WHATS HAPPENING
I WANT OFF ABNETTS WILD RIDE

Well fuck, isn't that a development.

Didn't see that coming.

Do you think we will get a new/better version of Power Girl and Huntress once that Rebirth JSA book comes out or are these the ones we are stuck with?

I feel confident that characters like Garrick and Scott will get new versions for the JSA but I don't know if those other two make the cut.

>what is this feeling of boobs pressed against me

HA HA OH SHIT

Peej and Huntress were literally set back to their original versions that COIE had fucked with, so if we're getting more classic JSA back, I don't see why they'd get updated or changed.

I think the newest solicit had a retcon device introduced so that will probably be how to fix things

>no more emotionless Alan
>Ultra-Humanite
you win this round Abnett

I didn't mean that. I meant would they try to take these characters as they are now and move them again to a new book and universe (unless the JSA book is going to be set on the main Earth), or if we will get new PG and Huntress for the JSA book and these two here are forgotten.

>Ultrahumanite made the Gotham kaiju
Makes sense

Ah, got it.

I kind of hope they nuke everything to absolute ground zero, but there's no way to tell anything right now.

Bump

HAHAHAHAHA
>WIlson makes Hourman evil
>Abnett says "Fuck that shit."

It's sad that no one's reading this, because it's actually been good since Abnett starting writing. Actual moral dilemmas, heroes not being assholes for asshole's sake?

"B-b-b-b-but I want muh Justice Society back!"

He is calling it Earth 2 because Darkseid destroyed their first Earth. They are using it almost in punny fashion.

Most of us who were JSA fans and liked E2 at the started got burnt too badly on it going south and the shitstorm that was Worlds End to care anymore.

I like it, but there's too much baggage hanging over its head what with the looming changes from Rebirth and just feeling like anything that happens now is going to get retconned out of existence before it goes anywhere.

Yeah this. I don't think anyone would disagree with the idea that Abnett has done a decent job with this book if you only look at his issues in a vacuum, but it's an uneasy thing right now not knowing what the plan might be in the long run. Can't really blame anyone for being hesitant to jump back in. DC treated this series very poorly post-Robinson.

Good is a bit of an overstatement. It's better, but I don't think it has crossed into being good.

Who's Jim Chadwick and what has he edited?

I'd say no one is reading it due to the hilarious amount of shitty books preceding it.

it was alright with robinson and got worse after him but then world's end and convergence came
what the hell was their editorial thinking making a weekly out of that garbage

ah shit, I can't read this until much later.

For the first time since Taylor, I'm hyped about Earth 2.

But wait, power sources weren't the only thing the planet was missing, they said it barely had any natural resources, this means they also had a water crisis, how did this solve that?

Abnett has basically been performing chemotherapy on the book, it's slowly getting better. Slowly.

What the fuck happened to this book?

The art is actually good!

The coloring is really good!

What and this actually seems interesting!

What happened?

Alan is so pretty

Seems like food should be an issue too, since I don't think they ever indicated that they brought livestock with them and there's no animals on the planet and with no resources there's probably not much agriculture going on

To be fair this is the fifth good issue in a row after 45+ completely shitty issues, it's no surprise at all that people have been turned off Earth 2 in general

after they went out of their way to make me not give a fuck about anything Earth 2 I think Abnett is doing the best he can with what he has to work with but it's a poisoned well. Plus I already learned that they have zero qualms about ruining Earth 2 in a heartbeat so I don't really want to get invested in this again only to have them totally junk it yet again

Abnett happened.
A writer that doesn't treat an alternate earth from the main universe as a sandcastle that's only purpose is to be smashed happened.
Or rather, another one.

huh, this is actually readable, what issue did that happen?

see It's been like this since Abnett took over, it takes time to repair something as disastrous as Earth-2

I dont think I want this

>thought Alan was going to be making a corps of Green infused Lanterns

I'm a little disappointed to be honest.

Issue 8, when Abnett got the title.
The only thing worse than the wait between the announcement and the new team was reading through World's End.

oh fuck

Alan giving up his powers for a bit, or AlanXPG?
Because last time anyone checked, he was gay.

I actually considered the first arc of the new earth with evil jimmy olsen and heroes becoming villains because reasons to be worse than world's end, that shit was fucking horrible.

the power thing but its likely temporary so I'm overreating

When Abnett picked up the story. Just after Jimmy left.

World's End was worse to me because it was four times as long, it was running alongside the main series that had also turned into utter garbage, and it had stupid shit like DEATHSPAWN

Good point, I forget there were two earth-2 books running at the same time during that.

We'd all like to forget, user

Damn it Robinson, if it werent for your depression drug use alcholism and tranny fucking we could have had a GOOD earth 2 book.

bamp