Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IZHoTFbDrOI
youtube.com/watch?v=Hm4E8TcjF70
youtube.com/watch?v=zW9HdRjD4eo
youtu.be/knk7Kh7mKKI
youtu.be/sdiWHOcaF00
youtube.com/watch?v=eRRiQQeKx-0
youtube.com/watch?v=5kslciM0zD8
youtube.com/watch?v=O1tzQcmzMm0&index=49&list=PLNRSQKWUdk1iR2bMBb1JRsVQ7OhniXoe2&shuffle=172
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

WAIFU
A
I
F
U

>Danger 5 thread
AWW SHIT

season 2 isn't worth thinking about

youtube.com/watch?v=IZHoTFbDrOI

See you down the club man

It's fine, just has some weak episodes.

It's in most regards an entirely different show to season 1. S1 was about repeating the same formula each episode (hitler jumps out the window and escapes, pierre has a friend who dies and recites a drink recipe etc), whereas S2 was about doing as many different 80s things as possible. The jokes were in general much more deliberate and slapstick as opposed to the wit of S1 which I think is what bothers people the most when they talk about not liking S2

best girl

If they made a third one I'd watch it.

They've said they're done with it and I can't fault them on that honestly

The dinosaur boys did make this last year though

tots our guy

youtube.com/watch?v=zW9HdRjD4eo
not the greatest attempt of an american accent I've ever seen desu but since it's shaun micalef I forgive him

I don't know. I know everyone is hating on season 2. It seems to be a mem. I simply can't stop laughing about
>Johnny Hitler
the second episode is genius. They capture that 80s vibe very well and since I grew up with 80s movies I can relate very well. The first season seems a bit dull and stiff compared to this. Sure that's what 60s spy movies where like. They weren't bright and neon like the 80s but I really enjoy the second season. It was also a logical step. I mean with all that 80s revival crap like Kong Fury. Now the question is? What would be next? They did spy movies and 80s. I think there can never be a third season (sadly) because what should it be about?
Tucker going totally insane is a bit annoying though and the carrying the head around part is even bad taste for me.

Where can I download this?

>it's different so I hated it
Ironically the joke's on you here. S2 is the grim-and-gritty reboot of the original series, exactly what would have happened if Danger 5 had been a real thing. It was a flawless parody of that whole concept, not to mention the pitch-perfect satire of all the 80's tropes. The fucking soundtrack alone is a work of art.

>Tucker going totally insane is a bit annoying though and the carrying the head around part is even bad taste for me
That's the whole Damaged Hero thing. I love how he becomes Ninja Tucker, it's like every Cannon Group movie ever made.

Is Hitler the father of creator Dario Russo or how are they related? Hitler actor is Carmine Russo.
As a person who speaks different languages (German one of them) I am VERY glad that Hitler speaks PROPER German. If other characters speak German it's impossible to make out what they say without subtitles though.

Don't know how bilingual you people are but there are a bunch of jokes hidden inside the subtitles even people without language skills should understand.
Like one time that dog or husky with the diamond eyes just says
>gracias
and they translate it to something pretty long in the subtitles. Reminded me a of of Lost in Translation and I think this was an intentional joke.
Another thing is Hitler talking about wiener sausages in the subtitles but he is saying "Frankfurter sausages". Both exist - Wiener and Frankfurter so I am wondering if that was a joke as well or if that's a nice translation because Frankfurter are more common in Germany and Americans only know Wiener Würstchen?
Yes I know this show is Australian. Don't know how much they know about sausages. Also love how they all drive in Aussie cars and didn't care to "fix" this.

What are some other shows I would enjoy?
>youtu.be/knk7Kh7mKKI
and Look Around You are the only two things I can think of.

>Is Hitler the father of creator Dario Russo or how are they related? Hitler actor is Carmine Russo.
Yes, he's also a local high school music teacher

>As a person who speaks different languages (German one of them) I am VERY glad that Hitler speaks PROPER German. If other characters speak German it's impossible to make out what they say without subtitles though.

Almost all of the voices (including some English ones like Claire) are dubbed. The guy who does Hitler is called Andreas Sobik, he's a German who lives in Australia.

What are they up to now anyways? Computerman is the last life signal I got from them? They clearly can't have made enough money with their obscure underground TV show that needed heavy founding from the Australian government so what do they do know? They are amazingly skilled. I think of them like Lasagna Cat.

>it's like every Cannon Group movie ever made.

Can you recommend movies by those fat Jew Bros that would make me chuckle?

He was my vote for Prom King

Imagine your teacher would play Hitler in one of the gooviest TV series ever made. This is amazing but I couldn't take him serious. Also nice that he could keep his job. It's Australia. In the USA everyone would be butthurt because a teacher portraits Hitler in a bizarre show. He would instantly get fired.
You also know your Danger 5. Respect.

>The guy who does Hitler is called Andreas Sobik, he's a German who lives in Australia.

He looks like a guy from those Finish movies by god I can't spell his name but pretty cool.
>youtu.be/sdiWHOcaF00

Anything either starring Chuck Norris and/or having "Ninja" in the title

They post on facebook sometimes about merch like limited run badges

>that cleavage

Oh wow that's really fascinating to see how they do it and faithful to original movies. Like when I saw this I thought it was done in After Effects. I never imagined it to be real. Shame I don't use Facebook. Do you have more?

I won one of their competitions to get free shit and never received it. I contacted them and they said they were sorry and would get on it, but they never did.

Oh fuck she gets me diamonds

>recommend
All of them. Especially anything with Ninjas in it.
Nice dubs

Thats really a shame. What did you have to do to win? Maybe they are really lazy plus way too busy and didn't have anybody to handle the shipping of prizes which is still a shame. Fraud!

I should really re-watch this. One of the best series in a long time.

The second series was disorientating at first, but by ep 3 or 4 the full genius sunk in, elevating both seasons to the highest levels of brilliance.

The use of sub-titles alone is hilarity.

I don't think you need facebook to access public pages
facebook
.com/pg/danger5tv/photos/

try that

there's a shitton, far too many for me to post

I couldn't remember, so I looked up the convo.

I wasn't really hoping for them to kill Jar Jar Binks, I love the prequels, I was just trying to fit in

Is it me or does that look like it's saying your last message wasn't even received?

Oh I think you're right. Still, it was just thanking them. That said, I duno how you overlook notifications. I don't even remember what it was now. Probably just some stickers or something. I hope it wasn't anything worthwhile that the fuckers gipped me on. Never trust a South Australian tbqh

Did you win a competition or something? From that conversation it looks like you just randomly dropped them your address

>because what should it be about?

Big budget 90s summer blockbusters and romcoms.

At episode 3? How could you not LOVE episode 2 "Johnny Hitler"? I was so in stitches. It was hysterical how Hitler went on a killing spree at the high school with a shark, flaming chain saws and what not. Also the epic video game part which I am sure was animated by fellow Australian Paul Roberts or what's his name again? That Pixel Art king who got famous with the pirate baby animation back in the day and now does stuff for Adult Swim.

>can't find Feliz Navidad on youtube

>kung fury
I hate that fucking video
It blatantly stole jokes from Danger 5 like shooting bullets through a phone and normies eat up its exaggerated reddit humor

Am I the only person who thinks that The Colonel sounds EXACTLY like Matt Berry?

>Feliz Navidad
youtube.com/watch?v=eRRiQQeKx-0

Man, they got everything so right with the first season and the second.

They tonal quality. Everything.

That high school episode is the last good thing to come out of this country.

The soundtrack for S2 is such a fucking masterpiece

It also cost 600k,
For 30 minute green screen video.
>posting a list of movies that cost less (adjusted for inflation)

>Big budget 90s summer blockbusters and romcoms.

I can't picture that in the Danger 5 format? Also 90s would mean AWFUL 3D CGI Action. I prefer the actual props they build. But this is a thought experiment.
>What would season 3 look like
Also what is their next plan?

>This video is not available.

On re-watching it, I totally loved it. Like I said, I was just... disoriented. Like there was so much unexplained leaping from season 1, that I didn't quite know what to make of it.

The "gritty reboot" thing took a minute to sink in. Maybe I am just dense.

The soundtrack is also on spotify if you can use that

I was uncomfortable with S2 at first as well since it's tonally very different, practically the polar opposite of S1. I was kind of upset about claire dying as well, it just didn't feel right. But I got over it eventually and could appreciate the direction they went

>I hate that fucking video

I can very well relate to this. Why was it such a big normie thing? Why did they all know about it? It was disgusting. Like I talked about the trailer for years when the first trailer came out and as usual everyone ignored me. I reposted it and tried to tell people and still no one cared. Just got ignored. Then it came out and suddenly everyone KNEW about it and asked me
>have you heard about Kung Fury
and I was like
>WTF trying to tell people for years
and literally everyone knew it. Even my boss and other heads of the company who were well in their late 40s and talked about it.
It was bizarre and not fun anymore. So why the heck did Cock Furry get so big and normies would know? Also I saw it once. It was okay. Wouldn't ever watch it again. Doesn't have much of an appeal for me. I would be like
>Haha Hackerman
but the rest was so forced and try hard. Was it because of the Hoff that made it big?

Who knows really.

My biggest issue with it is how it's really mostly just faux-80s - like they constructed everything from their memories of the 80s rather than making any actual effort to replicate anything accurately. The use of CGI and oversaturated colors bothers me a lot too. There's very little it actually did right, but for some reason I guess the faux-nostalgia resonates better with people's own distorted impressions of the 80s than something that actually tries to accurately recreate it.

But then again, Stranger Things is a huge hit with normies too. Perhaps the difference is that ST tries to play everything straight rather than being a comedic satire

Yeah, they really went full-80s.
Cold war paranoia, slasher motifs, 80's teen movies. They were piling on so many concepts that I was a little lost at first.

I just read this post as a spot-on critique of nearly any of Reboot of any 80s films.

I agree.
>Make 80s inspired movie
>Use zero props and just CGI

Same goes for
>Make retro pixel game
>Use rotation, scaling and other stuff

Maybe we are just too autistic and normies can't tell. Heck I know intelligent people who don't even know how 3d exactly works. Just like people who can't spot 3d Tarkin who are actually not mentally retarded. For me as a film and computer person it's always shocking but people don't notice stuff and don't pay that much attention plus they don't work in film like I do.

I HATE Kung Fury. Such a blow hard wannabe video that's more popular because of its Reddit humour.

Danger 5 is funny because it nails the aesthetic of the time period it's emulating to a fucking T. It's amazing how right they get it.

i consider computer man the closing chapter in the "altrugo trilogy". starting off in the 60s with italian spiderman, then 60s-80s with danger 5, and finally early 90s with computerman

Based Matt Berry

HOLY FUCK! I had never considered this but it makes perfect sense. Wow really now I am mind blown. So they have done everything and they nailed it by 100%. Did a perfect job. I suppose there is nothing for them left here on this planet anymore and they can ascent into space now?

Seriously wondering how they make a living and what they do now. Might do commercials and clips. I am curious. They are so skilled.

Well any other ideas? Matt Berry is just in a lot of great stuff and I think he is fucking hilarious and super skilled. I've got all of his albums and love them. Wish he would perform outside of Britland for once.

>tfw learning about Computerman for the first time
This is why I come here

>I love the prequels
Don't start, asshole. This is a nice thread.

No, I had to look it up the first time I saw the show.

How can you not know about it? Also you should have followed this thread more. It got mentioned several times in here. Anyways just enjoy it. Makes you want to play old Sierra games. Wondering if I got Police Quest with that Sierra Humble bundle on Steam.

>90s would mean AWFUL 3D CGI Action
Nah, maybe really late 90's.

>when you self insert as jackson in s2

Face your fears, face Russia!

Nah they already started with CGI in the late 80s. Star Trek TNG is from 1987 and they use a lot of CGI. The funny thing is: I still think the CGI in TNG doesn't look bad. How come? So you will find lots of CGI and 3d in early 90s stuff. Still it would be funny to see. Early 90s that still had a 80s vibe just that everything was RADICAL and EXTREME all of a sudden.

Heck for all I care they might as well do an animated version thats like Street Sharks, Biker Mice from Mars...

>How can you not know about it?
I'm sorry Satan.

Not him and I saw it when it came out because I follow their pages, but there are probably plenty of people who completely missed it because they don't actively follow dinosaur and it hardly gets talked about ever. I tried to make a thread about it at the time it came out and it only got a few posts

to be fair, the CGI in TNG was just spaceships against a black backdrop, there wasn't much to mess up there. And they reused that shit all the time to the point of ridiculousness. Also there's Jurassic Park, T2 and other movies, but most studios, especially low budget ones couldn't afford any of that shit.
Which begs the pudding, how do you low ball that shit with maquettes and toys? It wouldn't work, and those guys know it.
Maybe they could do an Italian Spider-Man sequel or something.

I don't get it. What's Photoshopped here? What's the original? Looks like the actual cast to me.

Yeah I won a competition and they said to message them my address on facebook.

Nothing's photoshopped here, it's a scene from s2.

That's not photoshopped, shut the fuck up.

Italian Spiderman and Danger 5 are perfect shows.

I think the Russian girl is amazingly hot but then she looks like Amy Whinehouse whom I never looked and wasn't attracted to at all. So what's different here?

I just want them to make more stuff. That's why I bought the DVD because I want them to get my money. I wish it had some nice bonus features. It doesn't even have ENGLISH subtitles but never mind I don't need those.

I just sometimes read the subtitles when it switches to German because I don't expect to hear German because I was hearing English the whole time and my brain needs like 1 second to tune back to German - realize that it is German so I just read the subs.

self-insert meaning you project yourself onto jackson, not that he literally inserted his face over jackson's in photoshop

>>when you self insert as jackson in s2

I don't get the text with the lousy grammar. I thought he inserted himself as Jackson. I thought that's what it means. So what is the text trying to tell me?

S2 goes pretty 90's in the final ep with the Power Rangers and Wolfenstein 3D stuff

is english your second language?
"Self-insert" can be purely a mind fantasy, not literal. There's nothing wrong with his grammar.

That more than anything kind of proves they really don't care about doing a season 3. They put their 90s stuff in the finale

>Make retro pixel game
>Use rotation, scaling and other stuff
can you give any example when this has ever happened?

I suppose he's talking about episode 2, when a fighting game sequence
Ensues. Of course nothing like that could have been done in videogames with 80's hardware, but there weren't many 1 on 1 fighting video games back then.

Undertale is one I can think off the top of my head (but it at least had the decency to maintain a consistent pixel resolution while things were rotating)
I think terraria does it for your attack animations (swinging the pick etc). Those are just two examples but a shitton of indie pixel games use rixels

fugg i want to kiss that sweet lil mouth and put a ring on her finger

Frenchy, a young Australian comedian, got fired from teaching because his YouTube videos were too lewd, but they are genuinely explicit
>youtube.com/watch?v=5kslciM0zD8

>russian girl
I think that she, unlike Amy Winehouse is full-on voluptuous, and was never a crackhead. Plus, the all-russian dialogue, lack of emotion, and bangin cleavage elevate her performance.

>Amy Whinehouse
Nah, she looked more like Andrej
Took me a while to figure it out

Oh fuck yeah, A Danger 5 thread

What's all that speckle shit on her face?

>tfw unironically listen to Face Russia and Feliz Navidad

As much as I love them, Hotline Miami 1 and 2 do this, and I think Fez does as well but I've only ever seen videos of that. Terraria does it, as another user said.

There are probably heaps more but I can't think of any because I don't play much pixelshit

S2 gets a lot of flack but I'm so glad they took a different direction instead of doing the same thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=O1tzQcmzMm0&index=49&list=PLNRSQKWUdk1iR2bMBb1JRsVQ7OhniXoe2&shuffle=172

Is dario the whole package?
>can write
>can compose
>can direct
>can edit

I love the Carpenteresque electronic stuff (Hitler Holly, Zombie Hitler) and that classical guitar version of Ode to Joy is superb, but my three favorite songs are Come Te, Free Money and Emotional.