Anyone else worried they won't do Spider-Man justice in the MCU?

Spider-Man is a tragic character driven by guilt. Anyone else worried the MCU won't explore the dramatic side of the character and turn him into le shallow quippy teenager? They won't show Uncle Ben's death, and I doubt the MCU will havee a Gwen Stacy to kill off as well. At least the Garfield movies tried to have the ballance between drama and comedy.

I just hope it has a style and distinct look to it. Because all non GOTG marvel movies look like TV shows with large budgets

Feige said he wants Homecoming to feel like a John Hughes movie. That's good enough for me

>complaining about spiderman quipping

They alluded to his guilt over Uncle Ben in Civil War. I don't remember the exact wording but he said something like
>when you can do the things that I can, but you don't, the things that happen because of that, happen because of you
I doubt that they'll risk messing up their single most profitable hero.

OP here
Good enough for me too. But let's see if they can make it.

I didn't complained about Spidey quipping, I just said I was worried about the dramatic side of the character not being explored. Please learn to read.

All I know Holland Spidey combined the best aspects of both previous Spidey's IMO. I was considering outright skipping his movie next year but after the teaser Civil War gave me I'm spontaneously hype as fuck for it.

from the sounds of it, homecoming is gonna be a romance flick with random spidey action

>when you can do the things that I can, but you don't, the things that happen because of that, happen because of you
Man he really is setting himself up to be anti-Accords down the line too.

>Sup Forums memes that prequels were better than TFA with 'at least' statements
>Sup Forums memes that AMS series is better than MCU Spider-Man with 'at least' statements
Calling it now.

If your argument depends on, 'Well, at least it has this,' it means you've already admitted the overall product is worse and you have to resort to nitpicking to make a case.

Anyway, to address your specific points: We've seen Ben die in 3-5 movies already. Everyone knows Uncle Ben dies, let's just get beyond that. Spider-Man Homecoming is going to be 'Spider-man Year One' instead of another straight origin story and that's exactly how it should be when we've had 2 origin movies for him in the last 15 years.

They won't have Gwen because now that's a 'Sony' thing and MJ was in the movies people actually liked. You don't need main characters to die to make drama, even Civil War knew this.

Everything about Peter in CW makes me want to see Homecoming. You can't say from that small part that he's definitively the best Spider-Parker yet, but he's primed to be. CW Spider-Man and Peter are already leagues above Garfield's.

Homecoming is in good hands. And i'm sure Sony will be really pissed if Homecoming does bad, which it won't.

yes, sony makes adam sandler movies and peddles shit because it's desperate to make money. it's the only reason they even agreed to share spider-man with marvel. they think that being part of marvel guarantees more spider-man sales but what's the point if they'll consistently stll fuck it up.

i like the casting and all but here's hoping the movie is good and it doesn't become another hulk where it's basically an avengers only character.

His character so far is limited to being Tony's bitch because muh mcu posterboy
I already don't like him

Do you want to see him raped in prison too Snyder?

We had 5 Spidey movies all focused on drama with very light comedy. Piss off.

made one small edit

Great. Saved

Hard to say. Until we get more spider man who knows?

Seems way too early to worry about that.
They almost definitely will have a flashback to Ben's death, not sure why you'd assume they wouldn't even with the "not an origin" tag.

In the scene where Tony talks to Peter the first time, when he asks why Peter why he does what he does you can see a shadow go over him and he flashes back to Uncle Ben. Stark even sees it and it gets too real for him so he makes a joke to divert things to safer territory.

Spiderman in the movie was a quipy laughing guy who was amazed at the superhero world, but who had a dark past. We saw that he was really, really strong to the point where he played around with Bucky's metal hand everyone else had just been fighting around.

Not worried at all. His guilt-ridden reiteration of the great responsibility line convinced me there will be plenty of tragedy ahead.

I don't even Sup Forums and the prequels are downright better than TFA. That statement doesn't even need an "at least" to validate it.

>logical thinking
Get the fuck outta here.

Serious and angry Spiderman has been overused in the movies. He gets too serious too often. Spiderman is supposed to be a quippy maniac nerd that all the other heroes want on their team until they remember what its like to have to hear them on their team.

When he goes dark and silent, that is supposed to be when you crap yourself. Because you just realized that this guy is a thousand times stronger than you, supremely agile, can come at you from any angle, and can dodge your attacks because he knows about them before you do... and you overlooked all of that until now because he was the 'funny guy' that acted nice. Now he is quiet, angry, and ripping you apart. The problem is that by overusing that aspect of his character it ends up meaning less.

Let the quips fly, I think this is probably the first Spiderman that actually quips while fighting like he does in the comics. All the other Spidermen seemed to quip after defeating an enemy or in breaks in the fight while people are picking themselves off the ground.

Unlike ZACK SNYDER, they don't feel the need to have Ben and Gwen get shot IN THE FUCKING FACE and then have some scene where there's a dude named Ben, and Peter growls "WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME"

It's not like ASM did Spider-Man justice anyways. As long as we get something even slightly better than ASM and ASM2, it'll be fine.

DRAMA

I don't get the hate for SM3, it had legitimately good moments
>"remember Ben Parker? The man you murdered in cold blood!?
>"what's it matter to you!?"
>"EVERYTHING!"

>Burthurt Cap fanboy

>It's not like ASM did Spider-Man justice anyways.
Better than the Raimi shit

I'm just worried about the quality of the writing at this point.

The screenwriters are the two that did the failed National Lampoon's Vacation reboot.

>we had 5 movies focused on drama
Seriously? When? The Raimi movies were The Three Stooges with Spider-Man, with the only drama is the "waaah, I'm so poor" thing. TASM is the only one who explored the dramatic side of the character with Ben's and Gwen's death being heavy and emotional, but screwed up on everything else. I don't want the movie do be snyderdark, I just want it to be a nice teen dramedy.

ASM Peter was so obsessed with his parents that Ben was pretty much an afterthought. Also, the scene were Gwen dies was dragged out too long. It was like waiting for Crispin Glover to lose his arm in Hot Tub Time Machine.

>At least the Garfield movies tried to have the ballance between drama and comedy.

> MCU Spidey is aiming for the "John Huges" treatment

Okay, this could be good and bad. If we're aiming for a combination of Weird Science, Ferris Bueller, and The Breakfast club... and we hit the mark... Total Win for everyone.

On the other hand, if we get a Flubber/Home Alone 2 & 3/Baby's Day Out.... ohhhhhhh Marvel... let's just see this won't happen.

That second thought almost made me sick.

>Correction Home Alone 3 & 4.

I loved HA and HA2

how does that make any sense

Man, GOTG was really pretty now that you mention it. I thought Rocket and Groot were also quite impressive. Compared to some of the CGI you see in these movies anyway.

TRIED

>the prequels are downright better than TFA.

This, so much. Spidey is tragic, yeah, but that's not his only defining trait. Seeing how he was done in Civil War has given me faith that he'll finally be done justice.

>piderman movie
>not an origin story (hopefully)
>something like vs the Sinister Six

I am all the hype for Spiderman

Garfield Spidey quipped all the goddamn time with the mask on. He was a much better Spider-Man than he was a Peter Parker.

Maguire Spidey tried to, but most of them fell flat. Maguire was a much better Peter Parker than he was a Spider-Man.

Yes, but anything tastes better than rat poison, even if it's moldy cheese.

Garfield was better at both. Maguire was a better shy, passive mute but that's not what Peter was in the Ditko era.

Peter wasn't like Sup Forums users or shut-in nerds like people like to project onto him so they can feel like him. He bantered with Flash, got invited places, and asked girls out no problem.

Somehow, just reading the first few words, I knew the word "quip" would be in there somewhere, though I predicted it would come in the form of "quipster." It's become such a tired, predictable meme here on Sup Forums that at this point I'm inclined to disregard it even when it's a valid argument just because it indicates such a dearth of creative expression on the part of the person saying it.

>GOTG
>not a TV-show
Ok

>the prequels are downright better than TFA.
Stop! You're killing me, son!

>Baby's Day Out
>Bad
Nice meme.

of course, they won't

At least the prequels had an original script.

>HA
>HA 2
Heh

Wishlist:
>Villains introduced are Vulture, Scorpion, proper Rhino/Goblin, Mysterio, with Shocker being a "Crossbones" of one of Spider-Man's movies.
>Tony creates the Iron Spider suit while projecting himself on Peter, leading into a "I'm my own person" moment with Peter and Tony.
>Venom(Eddie Brock) is introduced in his own film, leading into a tie in movie with Spider-man, and finishing with separating and bonding with Flash for "Venom 2/Agent Venom".
>Spider-Verse is the next "Infinity Wars".

Wishlist that will never happen:
-A Spider-Verse that involves Original Actors and:
>Spider-Man(MCU)
>Miles(MCU)
>Spider-Man 2099(Future MCU)
>Spider Gwen(New Universe)
>Ben Reilly(Spider Gwen Universe)
>Japanese Spider-Man (New Universe) w/ Leopardon joked/hinted at.
>Superior Spider-Man(New Universe)
>Scarlet Spider
>Spider-Man/Man Spider(Rami Trilogy) w/Older and Matured Peter and silver line suit/Later turns into Man Spider.
>Spider-Man(The Amazing Spider-Man1&2) w/TASM1 styled suit.
>Spider Ham(The Rocket Racoon of SV or Post Credit Scene)

I must have watched that movie ten times as a kid

>They won't show Uncle Ben's death
They already hinted at it in Civil War, when Peter first talks to Tony Stark in his bedroom.

Pay attention.

They'll mention it, but not show it.

They've written everyone like Peter so at least they'll have the lighthearted quips down, even without Whedon around.

As for the angst and trauma, they'll bring it up and swiftly drop it so the audience doesn't feel sad for too long.

Baby's day out is an amazing movie.

Not only does Kevin Feige love spider-man, but the JMS run is one of his favorites. I think we're in good hands.

>Maguire was a much better Peter Parker than he was a Spider-Man.

This meme again?

Go read a Spider-Man comic or two, kid. Maguire acted nothing like Peter. In any way.

>-A Spider-Verse that involves Original Actors and:
>wanting anything to do with Spider-Verse

confirmed for shit taste.

Fuck off Stefanos. These are fucking terrible ideas.

>Shocker being a "Crossbones" of one of Spider-Man's movies.

Please, kill yourself.

Shocker should be a recurring villain that constantly jobs to Spidey

>hot aunt may sees spidey on the news
>his mask is taken off
>hot aunt bae sees this
>slaps him when he gets home

neat

Goddamn, Feige is a fucking gift to this world.

The man is downright fantastic. I wish I could have the amount of passion he has.

How do you suppose Tony will handle Spidey's secret identity? Will he be incredibly irresponsible and keep the secret from Aunt May and the rest of the World? Or will he make Peter go public and alter Spider-Man's status quo forever?

>aunt bae

Kek

I honestly believe that Spider-Man would have sided with Captain America if Tony had ever told him what the fight was about. All Peter knew was that Cap needed to be brought in.

Civil War was full of lunatic adults obsessed with vengeance.

Meanwhile, Peter, a teen, has moved past his. Though his new philosophy is arguably self-defeating.

He'll be fine.

wew, That guy is a one in a million find.

?
why wouldnt they, nothing indicates they wont

This is the reason I've been thinking that Homecoming might be a nod to JMS' run and that when they were trying to get Keaton, it was to play Ezekial.

>Iron Man 2

They'll definitely go there, maybe not in the first movie. He's already shown to have comic Peter's 'guilty for everything mindset'. I know the Holland run is going to BTFO Raimi's and ASM and I can't wait for it.