Boring wars

>The First Order is smaller than the Empire
>The Resistance is smaller than the Rebellion
>The New Republic doesn't give a shit
How can anyone be interested in the background conflict going on in the new trilogy?

fuck star wars

yeah fuck star wars to be honest

its fucking shit. Why is it called the fucking Resistance if the Rebels won?

even that barebones description is much more context than the movie bothered to provide

Because the New Republic doesn't give a shit and the First Order is bad. But yes, it's still fucking stupid.

>Taris

Neat. Fuck nu Star Wars though.

Hang on I thought the Resistance was a White Supremacist organisation. What are they doing with a black officer.

destroying a planet is not background conflict

Why doesn't the New Republic give a shit about having an armed force when entire divisions of the old Empire are running around blowing up entire planets?

>Taris
Whoa just noticed that. I haven't played those old Republic games, though my friends were crazy about them. But did Taris get destroyed in the old canon the same way Alderaan did? Or just on the surface?

>No-nonsense stance exudes authority
>mfw

I don't know, I read about it on the wikia once but I wasn't paying too much attention so I forgot :^)
I think there's a book called Before the Awakening or something that explains. All I know is that they somehow don't think the First Order is an actual threat. At least until TFA. And Leia is the leader of the Resistance because she's the only one that thinks the FO is dangerous and after TFA she'd be all "I told you so".

>no trade negotiations
>no taxation
no thanks

Are you retarded?

It's called the resistance because the Rebels won, you fucking moron. They are 'resisting' not 'rebelling'.

Fucking Star Wars fans. The writers spell things out for you and you still don't fucking get it.

I guess you don't understand why Rey knew how to fix the MF either, no?

Just the surface and it was only the main city. It's mentioned in the games that they were slowly rebuilding.

>They are 'resisting' not 'rebelling'.

LOL resisting what? They won. Why is the armed wing of the New Republic, the sitting government, called the "resistance". You low IQ dumbfuck.

I knew the movie was in trouble after 30 seconds of the title crawl. It became immediately clear that they were going to completely ignore the OT's story arc, that TFA wouldn't be a continuation; that they were instead going for a cheap and easy reboot. They didn't have the balls or the imagination to do anything other than retread the far superior original. Which even meant freezing characters in time, Leia, or completely undoing their character progression, Han. It was pretty shameless.

What was annoying was that a new movie where the tables are turned would have been interesting. A universe where the "resistance" were the majority and the "new order" were the secretive, scheming minority would have been an interesting parralel of modern day terrorism. Much in the same way that ANH borrowed heavily from WW2.

>I guess you don't understand why Rey knew how to fix the MF either, no?

plot armor demanded it

That's like saying the USMC is the Resistence because there was ISIS once. First Order are literally whos in the galactic scale or they should be.

In that case they should be called the Persistence, not the Resistance.

WE WUZ

Kek

Leia is doing the same job she was doing 40 years because of... reasons

These faction names would make a hell of a lot more sense if they just flipped them.

heh, your mom's vagina is nicknamed "Persistence" lol