What does Sup Forums think about Gary Johnson...

What does Sup Forums think about Gary Johnson. I mean for years this board was firmly libertarian so I imagine he appeals to a few of you guys.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oKosd0xJadE
businesswire.com/news/home/20140707005205/en/Medican-Director-Assumes-Leadership-Position-CEO-Cannabis
twitter.com/AnonBabble

my guess is that people like trump more because he isn't afraid to speak out against feminists and liberals

Reddit's meme candidate? Who cares?

dude open borders lmao

Isn't he basically running on Koch money? They've said they'd prefer Hillary over Trump, so it feels like the reason why Johnson is big all of a sudden is because they're trying to shift some votes.

Dude we are authoritarian dumbass. 14/88 motherfucker

Libertarianism isn't teniable with our immigration system that imports people that desire bigger and more instrusive governments. Without strong borders, libertarians would be ousted in a single election, but strong borders and strict immigration laws go against the concept of a completely free market that the libertarians espouse. They're good freedom fighters, but they shouldn't be in power.

>this board was firmly libertarian
yeah, but we've grown out of our libertarian stage

I used to like him, until I read up more on him. He's not as libertarian as he'd like to think.

Plus the way he runs his campaign is very sketchy, very stupid.

For example, last election he superimposed himself in one of the debates. It was very cheesy and of course he had time to think about his answers, and it was obvious.

Unfortunately, the libertarian's last hope was Ron Paul. I miss those days watching the 2012 caucuses where Ron Paul damn near won Iowa and a few other states, but ultimately the media ignored him.

Ron Paul is also part of the reason for Trump's success.

No we aren't fucking stormfag retard, we had a poll yesterday and more were libertarian than authoritarian.

Johnson is a retard though, he's anti gun and pro open borders.

" My vision of the border with Mexico is that a truck from the United States going into Mexico and a truck coming from Mexico into the United States will pass each other at the border going 60 miles an hour. Yes, we should have open borders."

Thanks, but no thanks.

Why is a homeless guy running for president? Don't you need to be a politician?

>opne borders
>pro globalization
>pro TPP
>"Libertarian"
lmfao

hes an open borders piece of garbage being shilled by libtards like you. kill yourself.

Fakeass libertarian

Newfag detected

>Open Borders
>Libertarianism

Not quite. Libertarians in the American sense still support strong borders and strong national defense. True libertarianism, yes, has open borders to all.

In American Libertarianism, it's a nationalist aspect to it, and is a strong mix of all the good things(within the constitution) of most ideas.

Matter of fact, American Libertarianism is more based upon the idea of tribalism in a way. Taxes are decided at the local and state level, the federal government is only there to handle inter-state matters.

Also, there needs to be a brief fluctuation of this sort of thing. Using Libertarianism constantly to support a free market, and using a bit of modern conservatism, etc. as a means of building up infrastructure when necessary. Then move it to the hands of private corporations.

No a Koch rep denied that, he's running on scraps from donors. A majority of his funds are donations of under $200.

Even if this board was still majority libertarian, we wouldn't be supporting a closet democrat.

he is the single greatest example of all times of someone literally smoking themselves retarded.

so he's a lefty fag, i though libertarianism was synonymous with right-wing capitalism

>"hey guys I'm cool, hip. Why don't you vote for this totally rad candidate you super cool millennials"

My impression from every one of his ads so far

It's a crying fucking shame the first real national exposure the LP gets is with this chucklefuck and Weld misrepresenting everything the party is about.

Who's Forme?

This

I voted for him last election, I'm voting for Trump this election

Trump's protectionist idealism is gay af. I'd vote for him if GJ was polling high enough. What worries me is that GJ will Ralph Nader our boy Trump and give Hillary the presidency.

Of course, and I think National Libertarianism is more in line with how our founding fathers believed our country should be. "Libertarianism" as it is practiced by Gary Johnson is hardly what you describe though, and so called true libertarianism encourages the free movement of all goods and peoples. The policies you bring up are more in line with classical liberalism and Teddy Roosevelt progressivism which was easily one of America's strongest eras.

Dude the DNC is going up in fucking flames.
Trump isn't a plant

I like him and I consider myself a libertarian but it's a waste of a vote and I live in a swing state.

Free minds and markets are very appealing to those who don't need the state to lift them up. I voted for him in 2012, not this time. With that being said, he can't win and voting for him really is just a protest or sticking to your ideals vote. Libertarianism is never going to be viable in a country that had so much support for Bernie Panders because of the boogeyman of big business.

>he can't win and voting for him really is just a protest or sticking to your ideals vote. Libertarianism is never going to be viable in a country that had so much support for Bernie Panders because of the boogeyman of big business.
pretty much this.
Last election it was about my ideals and not wanting to say I voted for mittens

True but the "Never trump" camp isn't going anywhere and the "Never Hillary" camp is getting split between Johnson and Trump. More republicans like Johnson than democrats like stein.

Shitty kind of libertarian

Incredibly shilled by the MSM to take away from Trump

>inb4 but but Johnson takes more from hillary than trump

Thanks for pointing out how much liberals love him

I don't think about him. Only autists vote third party.

Who?

A vote for him is a vote that could go to keeping Hillary out.
No thanks

Gary Johnson

type: cucked libertarian

Doesn't advocate for right-wing libertarian values such as freedom of association and right to discriminate, freedom of speech etc,-- rather seems to focus on ending the war on drugs "because it harms people of color" or being pro-degeneracy and other shit that only appeals to college students. Useful idiot for leftists.

Sup shill, I hope starbucks spit in your coffee this morning

>not Ron or Rand
Into the trash he goes.

Personally that's my issue too. I understand trying to right the wrongs of Clinton's fuck up with China but right now 50 cent Chinese labor is the backbone of a retail centric economy (retail accounts for 27% of our GDP and 10% of our employment) and with the inflation brought on by tarrifs and companies needing to pay over 10x more to American workers I honestly don't think we would be able to transition back to a manufacturing economy. Also I think requiring employers and realtors to check citizenship is a much cleaner and more agreeable solution than a wall and mass deportation. but open borders is obviously not the solution either.

He did do good things for New Mexico when he first got in, my grandparents told me a bit about him since they live there. They said he balanced the budget and shit but then he got out of control with drugs and it all went to shit.

Open borders could work if there was absolutely no welfare/ public schooling.

>this meme again
I don't want to fuck over our own unskilled labor.

>Trump supporter is a liberal shill

Deport them and bring them back as actual citizens.
Or this

It should be free movement of all goods and peoples - and only applies to American citizens. Imported goods as well - as in no import restrictions.

However, people themselves should not be able to become citizens nor should they be able to get jobs.

I'm a bit mixed on the whole subject - the reason I primarily hate illegal immigrants is because of their mooching off the system. If there was no system to mooch off of, and therefore them not paying taxes wouldn't matter - because there'd be no taxes - then I would be more open to the idea.

However, to keep things realistic, that is not the case right now. It's possible to open things up to that point, and effectively - without crumbling infrastructure. That would be a 20+ year long process and would require a lot of cooperation and planning.

Part of me wants to run as a representative for my district, but I don't even know where to begin. I've lots of connections throughout the district - with powerful people that have lots of money... I am just unsure where to begin.

Reddit's new meme candidate is (((Jill Stein))).

>A vote for him is a vote that could go to keeping Hillary out.
>No thanks
>Trump supporter
>Talking about HIllary being kept out as a bad thing
u wot m8

Rand is trash. He only inherited half of his father's genes.

I despise him more than either Hillary or Bernie.

Weaker version of Trump by a factor of 1000. Why is he even in the race? Doesn't he realize what Trump is? He's just an attention whoring faggot.

Free markets are obscene to anyone who is already rich.

He's not a real libertarian.

He is a leftist with some relaxed economic policy. Do not fucking vote for him or listen to him.

He supports the TPP

Exactly. I might of considered Rand if he had been 3-4" taller.

You must be ignoring reality then because nobody is worse than Hillary

>big government gun grabbing liberal
Trashed

If someone told me to my face they voted for Hillary I'd know instantly that person is morally bankrupt and hates America.
No point in even talking to them.

He's OK, except for open borders. He's probably the most moderate Libertarian candidate, so he might actually have a chance.

Pic related was my first choice though

Did it once, doing it again.

>suck it clunton and dump fans

Ellen Degenerate has let himself go ..

And if he was 3-4" less of a neo-con piece of shit.

Go for it.
Most of us have likely voted independent at some point.

>Rand is Trash

Why?

He's a sellout and a shill. Garbage candidate.

>I mean for years this board was firmly libertarian
This board was libertarian because it was a "hip" thing to be, due to dubya ruining the conservative reputation and 08 crisis.

I said it back then, libertarianism was just a fad, most of the posters here were good old social conservatives but they were ashamed to be called one.

kek, there was a time when statist was used a serious insult. Oh well

open borders and anti-gun

I'd vote for him, he seems alright. It's kind of a shame that sign is the only thing his campaign could afford.

statist is still thrown around as a serious insult by some, not here in this board but elsewhere

This. Libertarianism works fairly well internally, but you have to protect the people within your country and their livlihoods. Yes, theoretically if unskilled labor enters the country and takes the job of someone else then the invisible hand has made the cream rise to the top but in reality you now have someone without a job and a foreigner that replaced them. That doesn't help the nation or it's people.
It being a 20 year process complicates it incredibly due to our election process. There have been very few times, especially lately, in which an ideology has controlled power long enough to get it's plans filly implemented. The biggest concern I would have is that we would open our borders due to this ideology and then someone else would get in power and take advantage of it for their own gain. I'm all for free and open movement of goods and people within the country, but we need to be strict outside of the country.

To your political ambitions all I can say is it's always worth it to research and see how feasible it would be. You clearly have a good head despite being on Sup Forums and our country always needs defenders of freedom. I've been told my future is in politics because of my ability to control and connect with a crowd. I'm kind of Hitlerish in how I can work a crowd, if you've got the charisma, finding ways to speak on behalf of party leaders in your community can be a good springboard

nigga do the math. If he isn't voting for Johnson and he WANTS Hillary kept out, given that he stated his potential vote SHOULD be used to keep Hillary out, they who would he be voting for? Also gj responding twice to the same post.

A deportation by force is a bloody prospect compared to just making sure they can't do anything once they're here. I think a Wall is still necessary because the black market is still a serious issue and will only get worse if you have a bunch of unemployable immigrants in the country, but starving out their prospects both legitimate and otherwise should force of them to move back while forced deportation will just feed liberal narratives of a police state and trigger more race shootings that America doesn't want or need.

This

hes a faggot that wont get 1% of the vote

we've deported large numbers peacefully before we can do it again

I responded to the same poster twice on purpose you fucking twit just like I"m doing now.

Because he's a sellout. Because maximum freedom is not what anyone wants.

I can agree with that to some extent. Wanting to reduce the power of government would result in a much weakened avenue for the very wealthy to exert their control.

It would also result in less pesky rules that might stop them from expanding their wealth.

I generally agree with free markets, but ideally they require an informed citizenry to voluntarily curtail abuses of big business.

youtube.com/watch?v=oKosd0xJadE

I think this kind of apathy and ignorance is rampant and went closer to center-right in terms of the big business vs big government dilemma.

I don't give a fuck about "muh No True Scotsman" on what is or isn't Libertarianism. Does he want open borders yes or no? Does he attack Hillary too? If no, then he is a Hill Shill.

i voted for gary johnson in 2012, saw him come to my campus, even got to talk to him for a little while after. completely based guy, as a libertarian have huge love for him.

won't be voting for him in this election cycle. i always think you should vote your philosophy but the stakes are too high. johnson is controlled opposition and being funded by DNC cryptojews to enhance divisions in the right-leaning electorate and hedge against trump. dirty tricks.

smaller government is better but we won't reach that through the Libertarian party on this cycle. johnson is also an pro-immigration libertarian, and doesn't understand that you can't simultaneously have free movement and a coercive welfare state. he would never be able to get the kind of welfare-decimating resolutions he would need through congress. he says "a 10 foot wall just requires an 11-foot ladder", which is a cop-out. a complete act of mental gymnastics. through this, he gets support of left-leaning pro immigration bitches and RINOs. this is a shell game. STOP THE INFLUX.

check out the border fence in hungary -- you can see when it was completed and the number of illeagal migrants.

Trump 2016.

Well these aren't peaceful times. Cop shootings are already starting and will only get worse if they are sent ene masse to round up criminals. A Wall and background checks is a far more peaceful means of accomplishing the same end so why wouldn't we do it?

A third party has literally never won an election in the US. He knows he has no chance at winning and is still running.

Why? Because he wants to pull votes away from Trump or he is paying himself with campaign contributions.

He's a bullshitter.

Fuck Johnson. Ron and Rand Paul are the way to go.

sure I guess

>never trump camp

all 5 of them

He supports Open Borders and TPP.

Fuck him

Having him in debates/getting significant votes will shift the Overton window in a more Libertarian direction so I support him

Trump is not talking about abolishing the Fed, he's pro mass surveillance, more interventionism, prohibitionism and stealth gun control.

the faster we deport the seedy element the faster the problem will go down.
>A Wall and background checks is a far more peaceful means of accomplishing the same end so why wouldn't we do it?
What fucking good is the wall if it doesn't also put the scumbags we have here on the other side of it. They have to go back and return as actual vetted US citizens. There are possibly ISIS terrorists already here now, it is simply too much of a risk of destruction from within to allow any of them to stay.
Think about the Italian and Irish immigrants that came here, they all came to be Americans not to leech off of America.

Fun fact: 2 years ago Gary was a director at a publicly traded pump and dump scam, pretending to be a marijuana company called Medican.

businesswire.com/news/home/20140707005205/en/Medican-Director-Assumes-Leadership-Position-CEO-Cannabis

>literally dude weed lmao

>Libertarianism is never going to be viable in a country that had so much support for Bernie Panders because of the boogeyman of big business.
Ironically I checked out Reddit's libertarian board and found posts by Bernie refugees, and others in support of policies antithetical to libertarianism. Actual libertarianism will never be the winning ideology, but some people are trying to dilute the libertarian party even more.

I wouldn't say that, with the right triggers the masses could be pushed towards it.

I may think weed should be legal, but I'm not voting for open borders extremists like Johnson/Weld.

I've never heard Trump talk about the ideals of Liberty. That might be just a small talking point to some, but it's a very important word to many of us. With all the platitudes akin to "leveling the playing field" being talked about by Democrats, there needs to be a push back to it.

Freedom isn't fair, if fair means equal. They often fail to discern between equal opportunity and equal outcome, this is a problem. I'm still voting for him in PA, but it's more of a pragmatism and wanting to push over the fruit cart, that is filled with rotten goods.

Trump is an open person, he will likely bend on somethings like weed

if I were a burger AND took politics seriously, id definitely vote for him.

but verily I say onto thou, that KEK (PBUH) wills the TRUMPENING

>controlled opposition
>CRYPTOJEW
nigga at least explain the first one. And no him having some leftist policies does not make him a plant, you'll have to give better proof than that

Again, if they can't get a job because of the background checks and they can't join a gang because the influx of drugs is stifled then they're immediately made near harmless and are likely going to go back on their own. It's undoubtedly a slower solution but it saves the money that would otherwise go to beefing up the police force to be able to tackle deporting millions of people, and it avoids the inevitable bloodshed that said clash would bring. Also idk if you noticed but ISIS isn't Mexican, and even if agents did slip through the border they can't nearly do as much damage as a small scale race war would.

he probably just wouldnt address it at all if he was president, just leave it up to the states

This is because Trump is not a candidate that supports individual freedom and small government.

I agree with almost all of his views but the completely open borders thing is a major turn off. Still I'll probably vote for him as I think it's time we have a viable third party. Not saying he'll win, but getting a good chunk of votes will be good news for future elections.

Freedom isn't free either user, there's a cost and it's fucking heavy.
If we're gonna talk about liberty the tree of liberty is withering and on its deathbed right in front of us.
If we don't take the right action now things will get really bad.