BEACH

How common is beach going in your region?
I haven't been the the beach in several years
Half my friends can't swim
I often suggest to my friends hang out at the beach, and even offer to teach the ones who can't swim how to swim, but my friends say that the beach is "too cold"

it's dont
we have the lake instead though

You and your friends are autists
Everyone goes to the beach in summer and can swim
Sort yourself out

I'm in Oregon in the northwestern US. It's common to the point of being nearly mandatory in the summer, depending on your social group of course. People always drown because they leap into swift rivers too early in the year, when the water is still frigid glacial meltwater.

The ocean is also consistently cold (c. 13c in the height of summer), but the beaches are very popular regardless. I actually meet tourists from around the world on the Oregon coast. Not really sure why, since it looks like pic related about half the time.

My friends were the most popular kids at school and they slay the most pussy out of anyone I know
I try to get them to come to the beach, but they just want to hang out at parks, cinemas, fast food resturants, and at our homes

Beaches reach 13 degrees at the height of summer here as well
Difference is everyone in your region goes to the beach, unlike the cold fearing people I'm surrounded by

You're lucky you can swim in your lakes
Most waterways in New Zealand are so toxic that you can't swim in them
We have the most toxic waterways in the developed world

>Half my friends can't swim

Swimming education was mandatory where I grew up, in school. Unless you had a medical exemption, you had to pass a swimming course by the time you entered the US 6th grade ("middle school"), or around the age of 11. Was it not the same in NZ? I'd have thought that an island nation would be even stricter about that stuff than we were.

The beaches in Texas are alright. They could be much better, but the Gulf of Mexico is fucking shit in every single way.

I'll get eaten by a polar bear if I go outside.

everyone goes to the beach in the summer here. in denmark you are never more than 50km away from a beach

What would you say is the general temperature of the water during the summer?

There are no required swimming courses in New Zealand schools that I know of
Government closed school pools in an era before my time
We have one the highest drowning rates in the developed world
Through research I've found that there is a big socioeconomic disparity in New Zealand when it comes to swimming ability
Basically rich kids can swim, poor kids can't
I grew up in a poor area so it's not surpising I have many friends who can't swim
People like obviously grew up in wealthier neighbourhoods

between 15-20c / 59-68f

Gulf Stream is a blessing to you guys

Cool, thanks!

Swimming was thing in our primary schools when I went.

We make a big deal of the beach being big here but I reckon more don't go often than do.

Not very common.

I take doggo down the beach for a run once or twice a week, its about 15min walk from my house

this is where i live, 3 min. on foot from the shore, pretty chill

Finland has a major beach resort at 65.02 north latitude, in the Gulf of Bothnia. That's the same latitude as northern Iceland, or somewhat north of the city of Fairbanks in central Alaska, which seems crazy to me.

My entire city is built alongside a huge river that ends in the sea so people go to the beach a lot.
In summer at least. In winter people just walk besides it.

>beach going

Australia gets the southern equivalent of the gulf stream, but the stream misses New Zealand, so we have cold waters

European cities look so comfy

Is that Rio?

You have lakes and rivers! Those beaches are still nice.

Is there anything more non-white than not being able to swim?

Going to the beach is extremely important here.

Hnngg

no, it's Vitoria. It's like Rio, but much smaller and with a very good life quality compared to other capitals.

God, i love a good tanned bunda so much

I have white friends who can't swm

How come Vitoria has so much better life quality than Rio?
Don't tell me it's because they're white, I Wikipedia'd and found they are only 1/2 white, and those """whites""" are probably meds

im far from the sea but we go to the lakes, and most people go to the sea for summer
>there are people here who unironically wouldnt mate with this