Thoughts on Guy Ritchie?

thoughts on Guy Ritchie?

He's a slut

His movies are fun

Haven't watched RocknRolla, though

lock stock>snatch>rocknrolla>u n c l e>sherlock holmes 1

Seemed like a pretentious asshole on JRE

Literally one of only 2 good movies he's made, Snatch being the other one.

That's his best film.

Ritchie started out as a Tarantino copycat. His first films are terrible because of this (LSaTSB, Snatch).

He has recently redeemed himself with things RocknRolla and The Man from U.N.C.L.E. His wit and slickness really shined in those ones.

His Sherlock Holmes films are abysmal, though. Pretty clear those were cashgrabs on his part, he's stronger when he writes the material too.

Will watch his Arthurian film soon, Armond liked it, so I guess we'll see.

>Ritchie started out as a Tarantino copycat. His first films are terrible because of this (LSaTSB, Snatch).

could you elaborate that?

>uncle
>good
Can you go back, please?

Stylish editing, witty dialogue and gangster movies are not a Tarantino patent. Their styles are not similar, at least not the point of calling Guy a copycat.

Rockrolla sucked

First 2 movies are comedy kino, the rest sucks

Snatch was very enjoyable, style, humor, interesting characters, et.

>florid speeches
>slapstick savagery
>hip cynicism
>fragmented storylines
He was clearly trying to make the British version of Pulp Fiction/Reservoir Dogs with his first films.

Two hit wonder.

>Ritchie started out as a Tarantino copycat.
>His first films are terrible because of this (LSaTSB, Snatch).
>He has recently redeemed himself with things RocknRolla and The Man from U.N.C.L.E
It's like you have an actual gift for being wrong about everything.

I love the Sherlock Holmes movies despite them being pretty shit.

His other movies are ok but often unintelligible.

rock n rolla is really underrated

GOLD ROAD'S SURE A LONG ROAD

How the fuck does someone like RockNRolla while hating Snatch and Lock Stock?

It's like saying "I thought Return of the King was pretty good but The Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers were shit"

>god tier
Snatch, Lock stock

>good tier
RocknRolla
The Man from U.N.C.L.E.

>fine tier
Sherlock films

>crime against cinema tier
Revolver

snatch isn't the best movie of all time, far from it, but it's my favorite and most enjoyable movie to watch
take that as you will

This. Rocknrolla was complete shit.

Yeah, I don't hold it against him but I've always felt that Guy Ritchie made the exact same movie four times in a row yet still somehow managed to fuck up attempt #3

I choose to blame Madonna.

Lock Stock and Snatch are kino.

The only other movie I've seen from him was the first Sherlock Downey Jr movie, which was kinda mediocre and didn't feel like a Ritchie flick.

>Rocknrolla was complete shit.
nah fuck off
maybe not as good as snatch or lock stock, but still fucking great

Lock Stock and Snatch are great. And you can see how genius the screenplay is. Compare it to Redirected, which is an obvious homage or a blatant rip off of that style. You really appreciate those two movies and how he tied it all together, once you see how Redirected is all over the fucking place and 90% of the plots or scenes don't lead anywhere at all.
Though I actually love Redirected and it's in my top 10 movies while the other two aren't. I know it's objectively worse, but as a lowlife Slovene most of the humour and scenes are extremely relatable and as such the movie is funny as shit

>Revolver

There's exactly one part that's actually good in that. When the hitman dude changes side because of the kid. That shit was genuinely great. God I wish he'd have put that in a movie that was actually good.

He's a geeza you muppet

Apart from London underworld don't speak like that and he's a posh boy

I'd honestly never heard of Redirected. Is this some kind of Slav cunt joke that white cunts don't get?

I think so yes. As I've said, personally I find it hilarious. But in IMDb it's full of 1 to 3 star ratings calling it retarded and I'm 100% sure all of those were from "more civilized" countries.
So if you are a Slav, can somewhat relate to shit like gopniks or chavs or if you know more about our drinking culture than just the Slav squat and vodka memes, I'm sure you'll find it at least an enjoyable movie. If not, then honestly I can't guarantee you'll enjoy it.

I was pretty sure basically no one outside Lithuania knows this

I'm a Londoner bored in Paris, so fuck it I might just torrent it. Ta Slavbro

He should only make gangster movies. Everything else he does is shit

If you're a pleb

FUCKIN ELL JOHN

I found it in some Sup Forums underrated movies thread, so it was probably a Lithuanian who posted it. But since viewing it, I shilled it to all kinds of friends and as of now everyone loved it. Some, especially other fans of Lock Stock and Snatch complained that the sceneplay is really worse than those two, but all found it hilarious.

If nothing else, you might enjoy the first part set in the UK though the location is completely irrelevant. Except for Vinnie Jones being Vinnie Jones. Lithu-fokken-WHAT is probably one of his greatest one liners
>being in Europe, even if shitty France, and being bored on a friday night
>ISHYGDDT

>being in Europe and being bored on a friday night
>tfw friend offered me to drop LSD today and I refused because I'm fucking stressed from being late as fuck for my uni assignments I'm trying to do this weekend
>did 4 hours of work and played Rising Storm 2 Vietnam with a headache for the rest of the day
>it was a beautiful day outside

its awesome.

I'm a college dropout and the only reason I'm home tonight is because I got too wasted yesterday. So you shouldn't be taking advice from me anyway[/spoiker]