HOLY SHIT!

>HOLY SHIT!

Does it bother you to hear Spider-Man swear?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ryue0-3Lbns
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No, why would it?

refreshing actually.

>Teenager
>Not swearing
Yeah, it was weird but it makes sense.

felt appropriate

This. I hate when Spidey is in boy scout mode.

probably the moment I fell in love with his character actually

This, the new spider is a kid fresh in high school. It makes some sense he'd have a loose mouth

It actually pisses me off when he doesn't
What teenagers don't swear?

What else about him is loose?

It was actually the PERFECT situation for it. I said the same thing at the same time.

I think that the fact he was the least expected to swear actually made the whole reveal that much funnier

>Teenager
>In New York
>Not swearing
One of these things is not like the others, one of these things don't belong.

His change

Damn it, you couldn't wait until his movie came out to be gay for Tom Holland?

Nah, it makes sense. He's a teenager. Teenagers swear.

>tfw they kill off mcu spider in the avengers 3 movies
>we will get dindu nuffin spidey shooting web's with gang signs and stealing tech from shield/stark

OK, I haven't seen Civil War yet and that'll cost me some points here. But Spider-man swearing? No. Just no. If anything he's the one we can count on to say anything other than idiotic swearing. We have his evil repaint Deadpool for all of that. Spiderman is a free-flowing stream of verbal barrage, but not any swearing. Perhaps some of the viewers are so used to having their intelligence insulted and being told to not demand better, that it seems normal to them.

So how long is this Stark thing going to work out? I feel like the Spider-Man mythos can't sustain him being financially successful for too long, at least not early on.

It just looks like someone killed Elmo, skinned him and put it on display as a warning to other puppets.

You see a man grow to the size of a building without saying "holy shit"

>Language

Better that than Bendis yiddish-isms

>just like in the movie, Cap will never live it down
Pottery.

No, but I didn't like how every time we laughed because of Spider-man we were laughing at HIM and not one of his jokes. Not even that big of a Spider-man fan, his sense of humor is as much a part of his character as Hulk being mad.

What else would you expect a teenager, who is in his first fight against other powered people, to say when faced with a 50 ft guy out of fucking nowhere?
And if you think about it, the fact that the biggest reaction Giant Man got from Stark's side was Rhodey's line, versus Spidey swearing and looking shocked is another (sort of) subtle way they showed just how new Pete is to the big leagues.

Spider-Man isn't young Steve Rogers

He's just a kid

Straight up: opinion discarded.

This somehow reminded me...I work with kindergartners. They know what the Empire Strikes Back is. There's no way in hell someone Pete's age - especially a nerd - would consider ESB an old film.

He only says "holy shit".

Are you retarded? He cussed once throughout the movie and it was "Oh shit" as a reaction to Ant-Man becoming Giant Man and whooping Rhodey's ass.

This,in the mcu Peter was literally just fighting street thugs and getting posted in you give
Now he's in battles against some of the legends of his world.
I'm surprised he hasn't broken down, then again we have homecoming for that.

I was disappointed in Pete. He's supposed to be a nerd and he couldn't even remember the name to the best Star Wars movie.

If that nerd was delusional, maybe. Regardless of opinion about Star Wars and/or the reference in Civil War, Empire is a few decades old, which makes it, well, old. The only 'new' Star Wars movies are TFA and Rogue One when it comes out.
You think Civil War was difficult for Pete? Theres a good chance he'll be involved in the fight against Thanos.

I said I hadn't seen it. And I'm just going to have to accept spoilers as a result of being too busy to go see it for now.
What, just once? Sounds like typical hollywood in action, using swearing to make up for a lack of interesting lines to say. "If you can't be interesting, be edgy."

Did you forget the original Spiderman trilogy?

>You can have your fucking money when you fix my damn door you stupid kike!
>It's you who is out, Gobbie, out of your fucking mind!

"holy shit!" at the sight of something spectacular is so tame by modern standards that you have to be on some other level of conservative (no politics pls) or over 70 years old to really be bothered by that.

I mean, if he were saying fuck this and that or cussing like Cartman then yeah maybe, but...come on...

Why was Aunt May all young looking? What the fuck my negroes. I could fap to her. I shouldn't be able to fap to Aunt May

He knew what ESB was. He didn't know they were called AT-ATs. Which is fair since they're not even called AT-ATs in the movie.

You sound like a faggot desu

You are trying so hard.

I think they did it right, he's not cussing all the time, but if he gets really shocked he might let it slip.

He tries to be a goody goody, but he is a teenager.

It's just weird to hear Spider-Man say a real swear word in an official Marvel product.

Not that guy but do you even know what edgy is or are you just throwing words around. It was a 2 second shot of Spidey reacting to Ant-man going into Giant Man, sure it came out of left field but that's what made it funny.

I normally am an autistic faggot and pick shit apart all the time, but then I thought of it this way -

Peter was being a nerd and underestimating normalfags, trying to jog their memory because he doesn't think they remember the names of them like he would.

Honestly Spidey shouldn't be saying fuck all the time but he is a teen, him not swearing often is a little weird

Can we all agree that this is easily the worst portrayal of Spider-Man and that Disney fucked him up? Might as well give Spider-Man to WB

no

I love Andrew Garfield and Tom Holland

Shit ending to TASM2 fucked Garfield over and I'm a little irritated by Holland not making his own suit but those are more problems with the writing than they are the actors

Honestly anyone that actually emotes is leagues better than Tobey

No.

No, it was an appropriate reaction TO A GUY GETTING BIG.

>FUCKING OUT, GOD DAMN AM I, NIGGA?!?!
>420 captcha
the robots got the right idea

Nice shitpost.

I wish Tobey was a better actor. I still rate his films higher than ASM but thats a function of Raimi being spectacular. Tobey was serviceable but clearly the weak link of the films.

No, he easily eclipsed Tobey for me, and I'm a huge Raimifag.

Garfield fucking sucked, so he's hardly worth mentioning.

You know it did actually throw me for a second.

>Peter was being a nerd and underestimating normalfags, trying to jog their memory because he doesn't think they remember the names of them like he would.
This. A lot of nerds seem to underestimate how much normies get certain pop culture elements considered "nerdy". I've had someone try to claim on this site that Wonder-Woman isn't a well known character, when everyone seems to at least remember the show. He said "That really old movie, Empire Strikes Back?" and said "on the snow planet with the walking thingies" because he wanted to make sure they would get what he was saying, rather than say "Hoth, with the AT-ATs" and risk them not knowing what he was talking about.

4u

>can we all agree
That was your first mistake.

I'll admit I misworded it a bit. I just meant it's well-known enough (the "I am your father" is possibly THE most iconic scene in pop culture in general). There'd be no need for him to reference it was "an old movie". Everyone knows it and knows it well enough to get what he's referencing.
Guy who's whining about ESB here, obviously.

Nah, that and were the only complaints about it. He was obviously pretty smart, something the other depictions did a good job telling us but not so much showing us and he did pretty damn well for a first real superhero outing, better than quite a few of the other characters in the film, in fact.

Like that other guy said, if he was swearing like Cartman, then that'd be getting it wrong.
We've got so many bad writers, bad producers, making bad films out of good material, don't you ever worry where it starts? They compare two charts- the characters they have licence to, and the chart that shows them what's popular around now. They haven't read the origional stuff, they haven't read the stuff their focus meetings are making, and they can't tell two characters apart. Someday we're going to get some guy who can't tell the difference between Batman, and Negan from Walking Dead. Those are the guys waiting for people to say "I suppose once, would be OK, as long as it's funny." and then we have characters turning into Deadpool. Huh. How about that Gwen Stacey?

I think his social awkwardness is what made him a good Peter except in 3 because he was just annoying in that movie, but for the most part I actually liked Tobey, plus Raimi directing it and Bruce Cambells cameos sold me on loving the Spider-man movies, even if theyre not that great I still like watching them

What are you even talking about?

muh slippery slope

Feels like a pasta.

Nah, I think it might be a new level of autism and paranoia combined

>Peter Parker
>Equivalent to any common, cynical, New York teenager who doesn't have to carry the moral and existential burden of Spider-Man.

Other than that, any halfway well-adjusted person at least does some light swearing in moments of stress and tension.

What was the song used during Queens.jpeg?

PG-13 are allowed one "shit". This is what they used it on.

Have you ever spoken to a teenager?

He's also from New York. His language is practically Puritan considering his origin.

See >Normal teenagers have Uncle Bens and double-lives being Spider-Man

>Spider-Man
>Swearing

What? Unacceptable! He's not even allowed to due that while wearing the black suit! I mean, he can use and sell illicit drugs in the black suit, but NEVER swear!

I'm suing for damages for tarnishing the reputation of this IP.

>No homo

Oh boy.

But user, it is an old movie.

I just attribute it to the fact he was surprised by Giant Man and the word just slipped out of his mouth.

it was his only swear in the movie anyway.

You're thinking of "fuck". PG-13 movies can say "shit" as much as they want.

Not as much as seeing Superman kill...

Imagine if the "Not a homosexual" part had an asterix

>puppets

They're Muppets, user.

>Those wings cotton fiber? The same cotton your nigger ancestor picked?
Jesus Christ, Russos

i kinda want to see a spider-man movie where they make it as edgy and weird as possible without breaking those guidelines.

We will never see symbiote Spider-Man tearing the ass out of some twink...

This is legitimately the first one to ever make me laugh

Please we all knew Superman was going to kill Zod. Its the feeling bad about it that's surprising, Reed killed Zod smiled and quiped and that's after he had more or less unarmed him.

>Tall white blue-eyed Aryan, and yet he's on the opposite of the side that wants categorical registration, detainment, and execution of subhumans and freaks. You think you know a guy.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ryue0-3Lbns

Also did some of the music for Life is Strange

But "shit" is PG-13

Muppets are puppets of the jews.

wrong

>Reed killed Zod

Not really

>The whole time he's talking to Tony in his room
>asked why he became Spider Man
> waits for him to mention Uncle Ben at least once
>Doesn't happen

> Basically says "with great power comes great responsibility" without actually saying "with great power comes great responsibility

>MFFW

Also
>Is Peter Parker gonna have to smack a bitch?

It's almost as if they expect the audience to know the backstory they've heard a thousand times or something.

FUCK THAT SHIT. It's part of the lore, bitch! What's next, Bruce Wayne's Parents alive and well and in Florida. He just became Batman for shits and giggles?

He swears in the comics semifrequently. it's just wingding'd out

>There's no way in hell someone Pete's age - especially a nerd - would consider ESB an old film
Why? Everybody would, because it is old. Was 1980 yesterday for you? Oh, it was... I'm sorry, user.

>In the movie he's been at it for like 3 months
>He's still struggling with juggling this huge double life, not telling Aunt May, coming to terms with how he fucked up and how helping the little guy in some small way can atone for what he did

He can say shit. Gawd.