Too bad this flopped. There were actually a lot of good ideas and the last 20 minutes were great...

Too bad this flopped. There were actually a lot of good ideas and the last 20 minutes were great. Easily the best of the recent found footage movies.

[autistic screeching]

ABC should do Blair Witch The Musical on Halloween.

why not just do Blair Witch: Live

The only stupid part was how the Rustin Parr house was suddenly twice as big as it was in the original movie. They didn't really make much of an effort to duplicate the original.

I think it was meant to convey that once they were inside, they were trapped by some sort of magic whereby they could have run through the house forever.

They make my hide in the corner.....

But I don't want to be here......

I want to SING!!!! SING!!! SING!!!

Seems like they also may have experienced multiple time jumps while they were in the house. That weird latino focused Paranormal Activity movie played with that too.

>a lot of good idea

lol, no

>last 20 minutes were great

Also no

I thought it was at least way more inventive and decently scary compared to most found footage stuff since Paranormal Activity revived the genre.

The UFO lights shining through the house were random

It seems like they threw a whole bunch of stuff in there to keep the audience guessing. Then the movie flopped and it doesn't look like we'll ever get a sequel or more information.

It was terrible, the fact that they showed the witch means they fucked up, the unknown is scarier than anything they could have shown on screen

Well the directors claimed that the long limbed thing wasn't actually the witch. You also catch brief glimpses of a woman that could be Heather when James is running through the house.

These dubs!!!!

And my SIDES!!!!!!

>Paranormal Activity 5

Surprisingly better than Paranormal Activity 4!

>last 20 minutes were great
>best of recent found footage
you have horrible taste.
you disgust me.

What's a better recent found footage movie?

how far back would you consider recent?

Since the first Paranormal Activity made the genre popular again.

>Well the directors claimed that the long limbed thing wasn't actually the witch

This was probably just damage control after fans pointed out how stupid this was.

Off the top of my head, Exists.

Is that the other found footage bigfoot movie? I saw Willow Creek but not that one.

Not at all moron, the girl who cuts her foot in the river is turning into one of them

That's how I interpreted it too. Every time she would fall down, you heard weird cracking sounds like she was becoming a tree person or something. And then she pulled what looked like a root out of her leg.

the borderlands
vhs
vhs 2
rec (same year, but w.e)
rec 2
as above so below
grave encounters
afflicted
banshee chapter

I don't get the hype behind the v/h/s series. I know it's an anthology series so some segments are going to be stronger than others but they're so low budget and terribly shot at times.

THIS WAS NOT A FOUND FOOTAGE MOVIE, YOU'RE THINKING OF THE ORIGINAL, RRREEEEEEEEE

I guess technically it's not found footage, just faux documentary.

The problem with that movie is the manlet "big"foot.

you mean it looked like it was vhs quality?
gee, i wonder why

>manlet
it was at least 7 foot

>more inventive

wasn't it just "well my sister was a film student and she went into the woods with cameras, I'll do the exact same thing?"

There have been more invented found footage concepts than that.

The Taking of Deborah Logan- sutdent filming a thesis project

The Borderlands- catholic priests investigating claims of a miracle, cameras for documentation purposes

Well I meant more that they came up with some creative ways to film everything. All the different cameras they had to play with was pretty neat. There were way too many jump scares where a character would suddenly pop up though.

The only one I remember was the drone camera and that was completely useless except as a "hurr durr drones are a thing now" red herring.

i know people fellate lake mungo a lot but i thought it was a fun take on the found footage thing. more of a mockumentary though i guess

I didn't find anything scary about it.

As far as horror movies go, it shoots itself in the foot by revealing everything paranormal was just a hoax. It got mildly interesting when it was reveal the girl was having threesomes with her neighbors.

Then sure it gets paranormal at the end, except the only thing it's got is a single jump scare.

Or they just threw in a bunch of spoopy shit hoping for a guaranteed sequel and literally whined on the commentary track that nobody went to see it so they weren't going to reveal shit. Fuck them, hope this film is forgotten like Book of Shadows and a third attempt at a proper sequel is done.

Kek, yeah it's definitely one of the more bitter sounding commentaries I've heard. They must have recorded it right after the opening weekend.

> Easily the best of the recent found footage movies

Which is like saying it's the shiniest turd in the turd pile.

Found footage peaked with [REC]. It's all been downhill since.

>hope this film is forgotten like Book of Shadows and a third attempt at a proper sequel is done.
Me, too. Wingard and Barrett dropped the ball hard on this piece of shit. I actually wonder if they've even seen the original movie, because this sequel seemed like it was based more on bad reviews than the movie itself.

it's not scary because it's not a horror film

Actually balls of are kinda related twitches

The last 20 minutes made the movie 8/10. No idea why people didnt like it

This to me is way better than Alien: Covenant. Fuck that movie was pretty shit. So much hype down the drain

>Not Respecting As Above, So Below