>youtube.com/watch?v=PXpQPJ2NgWA

WHICH IS THE SUPERIOR POWERLINE SONG?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TF75xIPkuEI
youtube.com/watch?v=1DVUwWZfzMw
youtube.com/watch?v=TAuCpdCn3gc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Eye to eye. No contest son.

Eye to Eye is more relevant to the movie...

But Stand Out is objectively more interesting, on a musical level.

This

This

YFW when this film will never get a proper Blu-Ray/HD release

>But Stand Out is objectively more interesting, on a musical level.
How can you possibly say that? I2I's inclusion of a second vocalist immediately edges it out, not to mention it's intro is immediately much more energetic. Admittedly Stand Out's build up is more satisfying, but I think the final segment of I2I beats out Stand Out again.

It just has too many pros in its corner, it was the big finale song and a concert for a reason.

Stand Out
That last verse,
>all I need is half a chance, a second though, a second glance to prove, I got whatever it takes...
>it's a piece of cake
This song gets me hyped.

But then again when I hear Eye2Eye
>instrumental break
>If you're every lonely... Stop, you don't have to be. After all it's only a beat away from you and me.
>take a look inside and see.
I can help but bust out my terrible attempt at Max's dance. Arms held up, I start cranking one hand as I dip my knees, drops my hands to the side, do a little bounce and jump, turn to the side twirl one hand and hop on one foot, then heel kick.
Every time.

I don't know, I can't decide.

Was Powerline supposed to be a reference to someone? Michael Jackson? Prince?

All in one, he's just a pop superstar stand in to snowball the plot.

What is the appeal of this movie? Never quite catch it as a kid.

>yfw Max's kids are old enough now to be hearing stories at school about the time their dad hijacked an assembly to cosplay as Michael Jackson to impress a girl

iirc he was supposed to be voiced by Bobby Brown, but because of drug problems they got instead got Tevin Campbell, who had worked closely with Prince previously.

Anyways I prefer I2I. Truthfully I haven't seen the movie, but I used to hear both songs a lot when I worked at Disney. But I assume it makes sense as one song took place in the middle of the movie and the other at the end?

As a song, Stand Out is infinitely better than Eye-To-Eye, but E2E has much more meaningful lyrics in the scope of the movie.

Where'd you find that pic of me.

You can't compare perfection to perfection

It's got a father-son dynamic that isn't found anywhere else.

Eye to eye for the sexy back up dancers and hilarious goofy dance.

Stand out for the fact that it might be my favorite song in the movie.

Only a monster would ever make the two compete.

More interesting: what Disney songs were better than them?

Opinions on the sequel?
I honestly don't remember the A Goofy Movie all that well, not sure I've actually seen it. The X-Games one is the one remember enjoying, though watching it back recently I'm not as fond. Still fun enough

I like that the villain was a gracious loser.
>Well shit, you still beat me after everything I did to try to win. Good show.
That's rare as hell in Disney movies.

>But I assume it makes sense as one song took place in the middle of the movie and the other at the end?
Stand Out happens after the first song After Today, but I'd say Stand Out is technically the introduction to Max's arc proper since he goes from just wishful thinking to a clear intention to do whatever necessary to gain admiration and affection. The last song is I2I which is more about openness and acceptance so the songs serve as parallels on Max's development.

/thread

I will never not be pissed that the planned Darkwing movie set to immediately follow this up got scrapped. Especially seeing as how the French animation studio were apparently much more excited for it.

Powerline was a fucking bro. A teenager crashes his concert and he just roles with it.

Eye to eye is the GOAT

Both are good songs though.

I like that Goofy wasn't actually stupid.

He was a screwball and clumsy, but he wasn't dumb.

HOWDY BOYS

IS THIS THE WAY TO NASHVILLE?

eye to eye is one of the best disney songs

youtube.com/watch?v=TF75xIPkuEI

honestly thought it was better. watched it again recently and it still holds up

The moment where he gets serious is pretty intense, I think because the audience is still likely to underestimate him as much as Max did. It's pretty uncomfortable to watch him go from being, well, goofy, to actually getting legitimately fucking pissed.

What the fuck was Max's plan. Did he actually think his dad wouldn't realize they were driving to fucking LA.

Though I guess it's fair since Max is a fucking retard who can't grasp how great of a dad he has.

Name one thing those movies did wrong.

Protip: you can't.

Okay

You are seriously tempting fate by saying that.

I'm not going to post it. But there are images that always find their way into these threads... dark images. Vile images.

>Did he actually think his dad wouldn't realize they were driving to fucking LA.
Yes. He had the same impression of his father that the audience had: that he was a fucking retard who wouldn't realize what was up until they were at the concert, or would be like "GAWSH HOW DID WE GET HERE I GUESS THE ROAD WANTED US TO".

The librarian was superior and the only thing I can remember from these films.

But really, I2I

I

TOO

AM A GOOFY

Eye to Eye has the Perfect Catch dance. You can't beat that

DAILY REMINDER

I have had I 2 I stuck in my head for the last two days, nonstop. I had just barely gotten it out of my head, and then you had to make this thread.

I hate you so much.

Eye to Eye for lyfe

watch it mac or you'll be gettin' towed

They gave us Roxanne, only to have her disappear...

and no, house of mouse doesn't count.

It bothers me how Max acts in the sequel. It seems like he learned nothing in the first one. Its almost hard to watch the first one genuinely knowing that Max is going to be a dick again after graduating.

Being cool with your dad is vastly different from being cool with your dad following you into goddamn college. I have an extremely good relationship with my father and I'd fucking kill myself if he decided to follow me to university and sit in my classes while calling my name out and making a scene and drawing me into it. It's supposed to be a place where young adults are finding themselves and being independent, getting coddled by a parent is pretty much the same as wearing a diaper and sucking your thumb while walking around on campus.

Although I haven't watched the movie in a long time, I can't remember if he was a dick to his dad before he left or anything else that might've changed things.

>implying that shitty Christmas special is cannon.

She disappeared because high school romances rarely last.

Fucking this

Hats off to Tevin. he does a great job. Shame people found out he was gay and it ruined his career.

The only problem with the first movie is that it got a really shitty sequel.

I think it's pretty good. Also it was neat to see what a Disney version of college would be presented as.

No, he wasn't a dick to him before he left. he just failed to see how much him leaving was hurting him. Not a dick move or anything just a lack of observation.

Silvya more than makes up for your shitty opinion, tho

Yup

Good point. I didn't have a father growing up so I guess I sort of failed to relate to that when I was younger. To me he just seemed ungrateful.

The version of I 2 I was faster in the movie and I prefer it, I don't really like the album slower paced version.

I really liked the sequel, but for some damn reason it was never dubbed to castilian or even released in DVD in Spain, while the first one was even aired at cinemas. I only saw it on Tv a few times with the latin american dub

>A girl will never be as thirsty for you as Roxanne was for Max during Stand Out
>You will never get her to smile like this when she finds out you really were telling the truth about knowing Powerline

That was fast.

You're right, we should fix that
youtube.com/watch?v=1DVUwWZfzMw

I'm trying to find the full version that they used in the credits, but I think they took down the video of the credits playing the full song.
Only thing I can find are cameras filming TVs with the credits playing.
This works great though thank you.

Powerline is so bro tier, like Goofy and Max crash his fucking concert, and he just rolls with it.

Why can't I torrent this damn movie

I love how Mickey is right there in the crowd cheering.

Best movie featuring Mickey ever (well, except for Roger Rabbit, I guess)

well he was seen trying to get a ride to the concert near the end of the road song, and Donald was pissed.

I remember seeing this with my dad when I was 11. What an awkward experience. Especially since we did a lot of road trips together. The navigator status was too close to home.

I can't believe this many people love this movie as much as I do, honestly my favourite song is nobody else but you, brings a tear to my eye to this day

Stand Out takes a bit to get going but its the better of the two

I watch YouTube video of eye 2 eye just so I can see this part of the video. What does that make me?

It makes me sad that all these blurry grainy shit screenshots are from the best quality release fo this film that Disney has put out.

For the love of god, someone get Tevin Campbell to sing this again.

A Goofy Movie has this strange dedicated cult following that no other Disney film has.

>They don't believe it.
>Because their mother is actually a dog.

Emperor's New Groove

He's only 39.

>the shitty no budget direct-to-video sequel has a better DVD release

I think he was going to be mad but then Goofy pulled off the Perfect Cast.

The Emperor's New Groove fanbase doesn't have some of the things the Goofy fanbase does.

I love this movie in Latin Spanish, I hated max so much for being a dick to his father when he only wanted to spend some good time with him.

Damn. Time has not been kind to him.

>Reading the cities the Powerline Stand Out World Tour visited

NYC, London, Cairo, Toronto, Mexico City, Los Angeles, Tel Aviv. Fuck , that's huge tour. Just how big do you think Powerline was in the Goofy movie universe?

i need the compilation image of this creature. my friends don't believe it exists.

Micheal Jackson and Prince combined.

thanks senpai

He's had a rough life.

Identity of the girl never.

Location of her body never.

youtube.com/watch?v=TAuCpdCn3gc

If I had a Pacha Goofy, I'd post it right now.

the thought counts user

Niiiice.

I gotta go to D23 one day. it seems way better than fucking Comic-Con.

>Opinions on the sequel?

Bradley Uppercrust III/10

>Bradley Uppercrust III
did literally nothing worng

Pauly Shore.

Bobby is the best thing Pauly Shore ever did.

I still can't decide if this joke is legitimately funny or if I just laugh at it now because I laughed at it when I was 6.

The visual, the delivery, and Pauly Shore's voice combine into something inexplicably memorable.

There's an Emperor's New Groove fanbase? Where?