Why was he such a good character?

why was he such a good character?

reminds everyone of their millionaire Hasidic slumlord

he was morally ambiguous which made him more relatable

He was entertaining but he wasn't just comic relief, he had a relatable and understandable interest.
written fairly consistently too and I don't think they overused him.

New trek better have fucking combs

I want more /iggytrek/

>Vulcan Maquis arms trader
>Cardassian academic dissident
>Lady of a great Klingon house
The question you should be asking is "why was he such a fucking pimp?"

This is a SFW boards. PLZ no boobees

this is now an oo-mox thread

GPL makes 'em wet

>cup the lobes bby

LEWD!

He was pretty good, but he wasn't the saviour of the galaxy, like Sloan.

He was a terrible character and I hated watching him. The entire race was shit.

Antisemitic

But he never managed to get the spots.

Dax used to be a dude so banging her is fucking GAY

worf is GAY

Every time he sticks it in her cooter is he fucking a MAN

If you're fucking a woman and she starts giving you advice on how to use your penis because centuries ago she used to bang hookers all the time with her spotted dick you a fucking sodomite and a poof you fruit
Jadzia is a FAGGOT

Sounds like you're jealous, to be honest.

kek. Apart from Quark they we're all bumbling childish imbeciles who'd steal from you even if it meant their certain death. I hated Ferengi episodes.

Is that the Ferengi equivalent of CBT?

Because he wasn't a cookie cutter good guy or bad guy. Oddly, he's one of the most human of all the Star Trek characters because whilst he's mostly a good guy, he's inherently self serving to a degree not shown by any of the Feds. He has wants, and desires and he acts upon them, sometimes to the detriment of himself and/or other characters in the show. He's also charismatic as hell, and unlike most Ferengi, actually amusing.

Quark literally legitimises the entire Ferengi race for me. Before him they were just annoying comic relief, but Quark gives you a reason to actually give enough of a shit about the race in the first place to make the Ferengi watchable and to make the humour surrounding them sometimes land.

Short answer though, he's a charasmatic rouge with a heart of gold.

See:
Han Solo
Spike from Buffy
Star Lord
Tony Stark to some degree
Mal from Firefly
Q arguably
Etc etc

DS9 was the patrician Trek with a master thespian cast. Armin Shimerman acted the shit out of this role, he actively campaigned to get it, and it was a labor of love.

QQQQQQUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAARRRRRRKKKKKKK!

IS THAT YOU?!

>Apart from Quark they we're all bumbling childish imbeciles
Then why did Quark always lose when he came up against Brunt, F.C.A.?

GRAND NAGUS! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?

>It's a Brunt (F.C.A.) is hiding in Quark's closet episode

I fucking love the Negus. Not just chewing the scenery, devouring the whole fucking set, cameraman, director and all.

I was just on my way to close quite a profitable deal in the gamma quadrant when I bumped into your mother AHEEHEEHEEHEEHEE