JSA Storytime: Captain Atom

good evening owls of Sup Forums,

what, not 867-5309?

who has two thumbs and spent much of the day recovering from the "One more gin won't hurt"

(that would be me)

Hello Storyteller.

Let's uh, read comics, I guess.

I'm still a thread behind on the stories

sup

HI user

what up?

You can't even post right it's so bad.

Ouch. He resigned his commission and got a DD out of it?

>what up?
I'm probably getting evicted. My landlord is apparently dying, and while he originally planned to hand over his properties to his kids, his wife doesn't want to deal with the paperwork that would ensue, so she's just selling them. Which includes my house. I suppose there's a slim chance I could end up staying, but it's doubtful, as the place is a bit banged up, so there's work to be done regardless.

man Eiling is the biggest jerk ever

that really sucks, sorry to hear that user

Fuck, I am so sorry to hear that, user.

it wasn't like a "my hair hurts" class hangover, just drag-ass

;____;

I would offer some advice but I have no idea how US law works with this sort of thing and I am assuming you are US.

The only reason he'd search for Eiling...is to make sure he's dead.

I'm sorry user.

Nate's kind of sassy. I like it.

what's out next week?

I listened to the Zub podcast. He gets points for putting Moonstone as the #1 Thunderbolt.

I mean, there's options available, but I've lived in this house the majority of my life, y'know?

I totally understand. I'm feeling that way about my grandmother's house being sold.

What happened to the lower half of the page?

Future Quest, the final issue of Smugnestro (RIP ;_;>), last issue of Finch Woman, CWII #0

it looks fine to me?

"There's nothing more difficult than saying goodbye to a house where you've suffered."

Bunn's Sinestro is overrated. It's not that great, mostly middling

Sometimes you get this bug where the page only partially loads and you need to open it in a new tab to get the full thing.

Aside from some really fucking lazy recoloring it looks fine to me

>Future Quest

So soon?

But the number 1 Thunderbolt is so clearly Red Hulk followed by the Punisher

Well I enjoy it very much myself but I respect your right to your own opinion

Civil War II #0

Gonna be time to shit then

awwwwww yeah

I'm fucking ready for some awful Bendis

I see.

>I listened to the Zub podcast. He gets points for putting Moonstone as the #1 Thunderbolt.
There were a lot of complaints about how Zub wrote Karla poorly, which, honestly I don't see. Like, she barely did anything in the issue. Yeah, she was a bit open about pissing Bucky off, but it's just after Standoff, and everyone's a bit on edge. There was even an implication that she was planning to work her psyche skills on Kobik before the kid ripped the moonstone out of her.

And the news came yesterday, so suddenly too. Life sure likes to slap you in the face out of nowhere.

Oh yeah, someone's trolling Eiling

I'm so excited for MCU Rulk

Telling you. Need to rally anons to do a massive collective storytime to drown out all the shitposting.

this is fucking hilarious

Whoever is trolling Eiling...is a true hero.

>There was even an implication that she was planning to work her psyche skills on Kobik before the kid ripped the moonstone out of her.
She's still up and running in the issue 2 preview, I wouldn't count that out yet. I think part of the reason everything had to run so fast is just general issue 1 pacing and impact. No time for a slow psych play - you can do that later if you actually shift enough issues to stick around for a bit.

I welome shitposting about terrible shit and Bendis

I'm so excited. Part is just event hype getting to me. And tie ins everywhere!

Pym's back too next week which I hope is interesting

Is that actually happening or just a hope of yours?

>last issue of Finch Woman
I am morbidly curious how Goblinfucker is going to close out her run.

Yeah.

>event hype
Literally how

he seemed also in the podcast to have an appreciation for the kudzu plotting

>last issue of Finch Woman, CWII #0
Haha gross

At least Rucka Wondy is not far and Sup Forums may be pretty entertaining in the CW2 storytimes.

user probably means hype for the reactions to how shitty it will be

I am legitimately excited for CW2 fandom reactions because this is the first really damaging derailing event for so many n00bs, NGL

it's already paid off in wailing about Kamala and Carol not being properly female-supportive of each other

Captain Atom is too damn relatable. He's like the perfect adult counterpart to Peter Parker.

I like how much info Zub puts out there as a creator but having read Skullkickers some I'm not gonna attribute him with top tier writerly skills until he delivers on them.

Indeed.

Like 2% because I'm just hopeful but mostly watching the reactions and effects. Maybe some good tie ins too

it's really charming! I didn't expect him to be so personable.

He does remind me of pre OMD Peter now that you mention it.

I know right?

Kamala fans weren't very happy about that teaser with her ripping up Carol's pic, and Carol fans don't seem thrilled at how Bendis wrote her in the FCBD thing

I love Ms. Marvel but apart from that one inspired triumvirate page I never really got why she's so connected to Carol.

God me too.

Especially since there are so many tie ins. Let's see if they can keep up and tolerate them like more seasoned fans do.

And BENDIS. He's gonna write everyone so awful and the same, and I want to see how people react to that.

Because she likes Carol, and chose the name and logo.

This is great and I would read Eiling being trolled and delayed forever. Practically Dick Dastardly right now.

I've already seen pushback at his T'Challa but that was from someone who knows full well what Bendis is and has no expectations. It's the n00bs who don't know what's coming that I'm all for

I guess it's the fangirl thing? And then there's a lot of room left open for fandom to project, look at the Carol Corps itself

Because.

Did we get Grumpy Carol back? Because of the two Bendis things I've read with Carol in them, she was the best part. Dude sucks at a lot of things, writing a somewhat entertaining Carol Danvers is not one of them, somehow.

Kamala is supposed to be a fangirl who got the chance to actually hang with her idol as a fellow hero. I guess she's supposed to be like Cassandra Sandsmark in a sense.

I can't see militaristic, take-no-shit, take-no-prisoners, authoritarian Carol Danvers actually forming a major supportive connection with a goofy, lovable, always well-meaning New Jersey kid. Kamala idolizes Carol, fine, but I don't think her losing that idolization in the flesh is a false character move.

>militaristic, take-no-shit, take-no-prisoners, authoritarian Carol Danvers
it wasn't that Carol, it was KSD Carol

god-tier trolling

People actually really, sincerely like Bendis remember.

Major Force can't change back like the good Captain can, can he

Well GUESS WHO'S BACK, BABY.

>Carol Corps
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world the Carol Corps were actually a thing.

Given Eiling's actions so far I can only assume this will end with him literally ripping out Megala's heart and forcibly pumping it with his hand until he can hook it up to some kind of life support.

>Carol Corps
>think it's going to be Carol forming a team out of her old Air Force buddies
>turns out it's just her hanging out with her fanclub
Why you gotta blue ball me, Marvel? If any of this shit was supposed to get me interested in Captain Marvel, it failed.

What's even the premise of her current ongoing? Please tell me something of substance is happening.

something that fits a desired narrative will be trumpeted far beyond its actual size

although I think "KSD Fandom" is more meaningful than the Carol Corps, desu

Carol In Space with Abby Brand and Alpha Flight

The Secret Wars tie in was an even bigger kick in the balls.

I'm hoping that the reason Kamala has her break with Carol is when she realizes why Carol REALLY is.

Yeah, didn't she come up with the #NONCOMPLIANT hashtag? I've seen that around far more than the Carol Corps. People even tattooed themselves for crying out loud!

#PhylaPolity
#RambeauRodeo
#GenisGang
#Mar-VellMob

I've heard her current ongoing is more of a return to form but I also think it's losing its writers with CWII

I heard about that right after reading Captain America Corps for the first time, and got super excited.

I have never felt more let down in my life.

Captain Atom: Not A Government Stooge and probably not a Republican, either

yeah, that Bitch Planet NC which a bunch of people have gotten tats of

Thanks, Bendis!

Like, straight up Carol seems like she'd hit it off way more with Abigail Brand (even though they're spitting at each other right now) than Kamala Khan.

Or say Miss America, who has that edgy, I-will-fuck-you-up streak to her too. I could see Carol mentoring her!

>I could see Carol mentoring her!

You just want them to fuck.

Are they leaving or just skipping out on the tie-ins?

Anyone know how Ewing's writing them in Ults (which I have still not read)?

That should be Sup Forums's "Thanks Obama" desu

I dunno. The idea of a cheerful idealistic fan who meets her idol, find out said idol is a bit of a no-nonsense jaded jerk, but tries to bring her around to being less abrasive sounds kinda nice actually. I mean, it's pretty basic buddy comedy type stuff, but it could work.

dude, is he going to cut that guy with a fucking lava lamp?

HARDCORE

I do not. I'm not even a Carol/Jess shipper (at least, beyond the novelty of a lesbian science baby denied to us).

I don't think America and Carol have had much one on one time in Ultimates

We had Thanks Quesada/Thanks Didio for a bit.

>e resigned his commission and got a DD out of it?
Well, he did resign by throwing Major Force through the ceiling at a superior officer.

Ultimates is fine but legit the two issues focused on Galactus' character development were above and beyond what any of the main cast have gotten so far. Same goes for Anti-Man actually, last issue had a fucking great sequence with him.

Ultimates is great because it's Ewing not trying to crack a joke every page and trying to show cleverness in a more contained, consistent, constructed way. Rocafort plays the art into what the comic is saying well too (and they got a great fill-in).

>Bitch Planet
Wasn't that the rip off of another comic from Darkhorse? (By DeCampi maybe?)

They haven't interacted much, though that's somewhat intentional since America only joined the team to keep an eye on them and take them out if necessary.

daaang

She's met Carol a few times, but she's on her best behavior every time.

To be fair that NC is a fairly subtle comics tattoo to get. I haven't read Bitch Planet beyond one issue with an extremely broadcasted twist.

Grindhouse.