The land before time....We fucked up

How in the world did this masterpiece of animation get to be as tarnished as it is now?

How long will it take for this poor retarded puppy of a """"""franchise"""""" to finally rest in peace?

'Tarnished'? Why, did something happen to the original film? Or are you bitching about all the sequels that are more fit for their medium of straight to DVD than forced dark depressing shit just for the sake of satisfying those five people who saw the original and ravenously waited 20 years for it to get dark again?

You know what needs to die? Godzilla. Clearly the original is the best of all and all the derivatives are kiddy garbage, right? Because that what matters: 'art' over entertainment, right?

>How
Forty sequels.

I'd rather sit through all 13 land before time sequels back to back than be forced to see Secret of NIHM 2 ever again.

Littlefoot must give great blowjobs.

>A challenger appears

She can give Littlefoot a blowjob while he gives me a blowjob.

The original film is still there for you to watch, user. Who the fuck cares that a movie's 'reputation' is damaged.

Why do you want Littlefoot to give you a blowjob? He already has a friend he likes for dinner.

Chomper can give me a rimjob.

The sequels may be undeniable shit, but I loved all of them as a kid. So I guess I'm glad they exist. Doesn't stop the first from being legit great.

10 is fantastic, and so is 4, 5, 7 to a lesser degree.

When I was a kid, I didn't love the original film. I didn't hate it, but I didn't really 'get' it, as most of the themes went right over my head except for the sad stuff which were just that at the time-- sad. But I loved the sequels and I watched them like crazy. Once I grew up, having seen the sequels I grew an attachment to the characters which made seeing the original from an older perspective even more powerful.
So yeah, I don't get the whole 'ruined' meme.

I think I liked the original best as a kid because of how "different" it was from the others, but I remember enjoying the first few sequels for what they were. Since I already liked the characters, seeing more of them was fun.

Granted, I didn't watch EVERY ONE and haven't seen them again in years so I can't really critique them, but I doubt they were complete shit just in terms of being able to entertain a child (obviously there's no contest compared to the animation and story of the original). I think they'd be fine as entertainment for a kid who's into dinosaurs, even though they probably wouldn't do much for an adult.

I wonder if they'll ever reboot it

If anything, I predict maybe one last sequel made that'll readopt Bluth's darker tone and take the most popular characters from the sequels-- Chomper, Ruby, Bron, maybe Ali-- while mostly using characters from the first and do something big, like destroy the Great Valley, so that the film ends with them grown up.

>Post-Bluth LBT
>Doing anything dark

As soon as he croaks, there's gonna be at least one film at the very least trying to go for a retro-bluth look. Guarantee it. And if that gets big, yeah.

Until the sequels stop making money.

Except Godzilla did die, moron. The recent reboot film and the one Japan is making are the first new films in several years.

This
and thanks for reminding me that was even a thing, jackass

Judith Barsi

>Godzilla did die

>has had about three distinct eras, with tons of movies in each for over half a century

Probably when kids stop being a thing.

All the Godzilla films after the original are complete trash. They turned Godzilla into a superhero backed up by a bunch of Power Rangers and are a complete disservice to the themes and message of the original. They're not entertainment. They're vomit put on screen.

>tfw thought bluth had been dead for fucking YEARS
>tfw he's not

This shit happens too much.

Biollante is great because it's essentially a writer's waifu in giant plant monster form. She's usually way more powerful than Godzilla and is practically immortal to boot

Godzilla represents the destruction caused by nuclear power but nuclear power changed from mass destruction weapon to power source and medical devices. Now it saves way more lives than kill.