Why do normies like babygroot so much? i hate this manufactured cuteness...

why do normies like babygroot so much? i hate this manufactured cuteness, there's literally nothing interesting about this character. it's all cgi and marketing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uFCvB7fkcJk
youtube.com/watch?v=h4aujTbe7_A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah, just like your favorite anime.

Because he's anodyne, genderless, and tailor made for overweight american audiences.

>we want the female audience

>anodyne
that's the perfect word to describe it

i am groot

But dont they use male pronouns when referring to him? Absolutely ridiculous

>10 minute yukyuk scene dedicated to teaching groot to steal the fin
>audience howls in laughter each time he comes nack with wrong part
>10 minute scene dedicated to teaching groot to press the left button
>audience howls in laughter with each mistale, with intermittent joe rogan seal clapping
>10 minute scene dedicated to groot trying to find ego's brain
>audience gives groot dry heaving, gut busting laughs with half the theater standing in ovation

No children. They murdered their children in the womb. So they get dogs and watch shit like this as a surrogate.

das dank

You see a women when she sees a baby sock? Her maternal instincts kick in. Most men follow along because they are betas.

>people like cute things

Why do NORMIES LIKE PUPPIES SO MUCH REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

imagine how cool groot wouldve been if it was acted by a pro and puppeteered jimhenson style

The scene where Groot was trying to steal the fin was so full of cringe. Nobody in my theater laughed beyond chuckling the first time he brought the wrong thing. Literally the worst and most pointless scene in the movie.

everything is cgi and marketing

we are living in a simulation

fuck you

But every1 likes puppers user-kun.

fucking this

Yeah, original Groot was cool because he was smarter and a lot more compassionate.
I hated how stupid they made Baby Groot.

they're trying to pull in the female audience

if you don't like it, you'r not drinking enough fluoride

youtube.com/watch?v=uFCvB7fkcJk

People literally started clapping when he started to dance

He was my least favorite part of the movie for sure

Would be a 10/10 movie if they cut his scenes down

>he's
>genderless

hmmmm?

what does bill hicks have to do with anything?

Is Vin Diesel still the voice of that thing or is he getting pushed out of more work?

wow user, you are so edgy! this makes me uncontrollably attracted to you, can i suck your dick please

That's the joke. He's reverted to a literal child. He'll be normal again in the next one.

you only like groot becuase it feels comfy to be a part of the collective hivemind

Its the same thing as that stupid bb-8 bot. Even before the movie came out Disney was selling toys for it. Its all to make money

Bill Hicks = Alex Jones is funny as fuck because it pisses Alex off to no end

I like Baby Groot because he's a cute and reminds me of one of my Japanese animes.

Yeah idk man no one really laughed at the theatre I was at. Maybe I chuckle for the toe but that's it.

Ah, you know, they always put cute characters in kids films.
You know, films for children, like this film.
The one you're getting upset about.
It's for kids.

absolutely terrible comparison

kill yourself

anodyne
ˈanədʌJn
adjective
not likely to cause offence or disagreement and somewhat dull.

what's an example of unmanufactured cuteness in movies?

>haha i loved babygroot x)
>i am groot!!!!
>babygroot was sooo cute
This is all I've heard from other people about the movie. I think it's worse then minions tbqh. Rockets a cute little critter too but at least he has character

Tell us something new smart ass. This is something part of LOTS of blockbusters. Nothing new here. In fact I was afraid Baby Groot would be used in every scene in the movie so much that I'd get sick of it. But it was actually used moderately and a lot less than I'd expected.

Serious question: what does it feel like to be autistic?

This is the kind of thing that could be answered with a simple google search. Good job on being retarded.

I just hope grootposting doesn't become a thing
It's been a few years and minionposting is STILL a thing among the old people

>durr don't criticize the character who contributes nothing to the story and is in fact significantly worse than his appearance in the previous film

So you guys hate Baby Groot because he's cute and the audience loved him? I really don't get how that's criticism.

He's a child.

He's a fucking baby. Of course he's stupid.

>contributes nothing to the story
>was literally the only one who could place the bomb that destroyed ego

He has no purpose in the film. He adds nothing to the story or development. It's bot that he's cute, it's that the only reason he's in the movie is that he's cute.

What the fuck is it with Sup Forums sometimes?

agreed. I don't get the appeal

So fucking what? Everything in every movie should only exist to serve the plot? That's the dumbest shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=h4aujTbe7_A

you just can't appreciate grootkino

>it's all cgi and marketing

Welcome to movies

>someone doesn't get why baby groot acts the way he does
>people tell him why
>WTF IS WITH Sup Forums?????

That scene could easily be altered so that Rocket could do it, it isn't necessary for Groot to be there at all. Same with the scene where the ravagers have them imprisoned, they could have just altered it a bit so that Rocket makes Yondu an improvised fin out of salvage in the cell, having Groot isn't necessary.

Did you even watch the movie, samefag?

>let Nebula loose by taking advantage of his innocence and child-like mind
>destroyed Ego with the bomb
>took down Ravagers

I get that this movie was mediocre as fuck and fuck Marvel, but damn. You niggas are stupid.

It's this simple. It's just an estrogen trap and is "cute and nerdy" so you can like it for being cute without being nerdy. If it doesn't make sense then remember it's women.

He's just a sorry rip off of the true baby tree prince of kino

Technically they could have Starlord be the entire team, the protagonist, AND the antagonist. Fucking shitty screenwriters putting in unnecessary characters baka

>this character contributes nothing to the story because it could be written differently so their previous accomplishment is done by someone else

No shit, that could be with anyone. Let's take out every other guardian and alter it so Peter does everything on his own. Don't be an idiot.

shit, if you want to be that way, then I guess rocket was unnecessary as well since you just made those two interchangeable.

Why do aging women love minions?

Nigga, if that's the case, then none of them should've been in the movie. Lets just have Peter do everything.

Rocket has an arc.

If every character exists only to serve the story, you're going to have a fucking hollow story. Please don't ever become a writer.

>how can people like things, stop liking things!
>everyone look at me I hate what other people like!

embarrassing.

I agree, toy-selling is more important.

actually neither of the original posts in question were asking why groot acts the way he does

moron

I guess it's because
>Minions look "cute"
>Trying to connect with the younger generation "haha i'll post this very funny yellow cartoon character haha I hope my grandson will like this"

lazy bait

useless post.

Equally useless, unsubscribed hidden and BANNED.

downvoted and reported.

>tfw no tree lets me pollinate her

I don't know why you fags complain about ''manufactured cute'' shit when your stupid anime does exactly the same thing

does anyone else notice the ever growing trend of counter-contrarianism on this site?

t. pleb who doesnt understand that it's to facilitate the commentary in the modern day family unit

The entire movie was CGI and marketing, that's why it was so bad

No, they are shills. The first one was the movie we created the literally "reddit: the movie" meme for, and this was 100 times more reddit and also worse

>hurrrrr everyone on Sup Forums except for me is the same person

the only people who even typed the word anime were you and the other braindead trog who just assumed OP was a weeb because he didn't have an argument

contrived cuteness will always be cringe regardless of the medium, it's shit in anime as well

Because its true

I don't believe you, even normalfags won't fall for this obvious marketing of the character.

but there is a certain smugness or frustration in a lot of the posts that i don't think a real shill can capture

>Why do normal people like a character designed to look cute that does funny and endearing things?

I'm sorry this family movie isn't cynical enough for you OP. Not everyone can be a dark and brooding badass with a tortured soul like you.

a lot of liberals that post on Sup Forums dont want to believe they are sjw's so they get butthurt

>he's [...] genderless
Nice way to fuck up your own rant motherfucker.

>not liking forced autistic bullshit means you're just trying to be edgy

typical counter-contrarian

You do know Sup Forums was full of liberals back in the old days, right?

someone post what he's like in the comics to btfo OP

back in the old days liberals weren't so embarrassing. The party changed and regressed so most Sup Forums posters became conservatives because its the only other option.

>autistic
Explain exactly what you mean by this.

It's totally fine to not like things that were created with the intent of being cute/funny. The "edginess" comes from bitching about the fact that other people enjoy it. It's not that they're all too stupid to see that a character like baby groot was manufactured to be likeable, it's that they can see past the cynicism of that and still enjoy it.

>Quipians quip the Quipaxy: Vol 2

op btfo

in this case i didn't have anything specific in mind when i typed it other than baby groot

it's just a buzzword as i'm sure you know

the word doesn't really apply in my post but i do believe there is a place for buzzwords like autistic

and there are plenty of people too stupid to even spend time wondering about the creator's intent, people who are so easily sated by poorly executed, quirky cuteness that the thought doesn't even cross their minds

plus, being able to "see past the cynicism of that and still enjoy it" isn't admirable at all

Where is rockets muzzle

You aren't as intelligent as you think you are. Truly intelligent people encounter people less intelligent so often that they learn to empathize with them rather than throw a tantrum whenever they say or do something that seems stupid.

For manchildren*

Hated him too but couldn't help feel like me watching anime was near the same