Thanos Quest+Infinity Gauntlet

Seeing as this gem turns 25 this year, I'm storytiming the Infinity Gauntlet. Wanted to do this yesterday but a helpful user pointed out to me that we really needed Thanos Quest first, so I went and found that. If this is fun and appreciated, I might do other Marvel Events

Strap in for one of my favourite stories in Marvel History lads.

That was me, and I commend your dedication. This is going to be good.

IT'S TIME

Took me a bit longer to find it than I wanted, hope you enjoy it.

Already am, this resolution is brilliant. You've more than delivered.

Oh the Tamaratanity!

Thanos is the biggest villain sue of all time. he is always smug and no one ever succesfully insults him, everyone becomes an idiot when he shows up, he's just terrible

Missing a page 40 between these

>Thanos is the biggest villain sue of all time.
Nonsense, that goes to the likes of Joker and Norman Obsorn.
Norman has thus far retroactively seduced and impregnated the hero's girlfriend, killed her, become a head figure of various superpower operations and a clumsy dark Illuminati group all while demonstrating self-destructive, psychotic tendencies that should have resulted in his immediate dismissal.

Starlin will give Thanos a thorough rubbing off but in all cases always goes to great lengths to detail the particulars of the process, we are given no explanation for Norman's meteoric rise we're just expected to accept it. He had influence over Emma Frost and Doom just because, he had authority over the fucking Sentry just because. Norman is not that clever, he's not that capable, he had nothing new or interesting to bring to the table and unapologetically was given the trite villain motive of "I'll save the world by destroying it!" and we're just told to swallow this because Marvel wanted their own Joker/Lex hybrid figure with none of the build up or finesse. Worst of all the pay off for all of this was nonexistent.
Starlin's Thanos at the very least results in some sort of substantial conclusion. Things are learned about the caliber of the powers that be, the villain, the heroes and the world.

If you put the material of Thanos peak arc beside Norman's in front of someone who absolutely detests superhero comics or comics in general even they would agree IG is at the very least less shit writing than Dark Reign.

Thanks OP
I've been waiting for this since yesterday

I think OP had a stroke, that or maybe page 40 was corrupt or something but he could have just posted a low res version and carried on.

I agree to some extent.

Somehow this didn't really diminish Thanos Quest or the Infinity Gauntlet though.

That's a cool concept for a planet. I'd kind of like it if some version of that makes it into Infinity War Part 1

Bye OP. :(

Thanks for posting this.
For some reason this isn't on Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited

Is OP dead ?

Disney Illuminati kidnapped him for post hi-res material without clearance.

Skipped a page here

This page is over 4 MB (unresized). That's probably the reason why OP disappeared.

So I'll continue this storytime. Fuck, I am supposed to storytime this as part of a series next month!

Previous page:

Previous page:

Sorry user, and thank you user.

OP if you are still around, you may continue this storytime from this point on; I resized pci related for you.

Love this story.

This is Starlin's attempt to fix how out-of-character the Gardener had been in recent appearances, right?

Probably. I'm not familiar, Bill Mantlo and John Byrne did the first issue with the Gardener, and Starlin is basically writing him the way he was written there. Who screwed with him in the interim?

I don't know who wrote it, but in Silver Surfer's solo series he allied himself with some other Elders to kill Galactus, destroy the universe and then restart a new one where they would rule as gods.

That's ...stupid.

Yeah, I can understand Collector, Champion, Posessor, Trader and a few others going along with the Grandmaster's plan, but not the Gardener, or the Runner.

Please come back OP

This was amazing, shout out to OP for being so great

Since OP still hasn't come back, I'll finish the storytime of The Thanos Quest only.

Thank you user

Aw, now Thanos will need to get a new chair

I hope we get the rest of the Elders of the Universe in the MCU