BORDERTOWN OFFICIALLY CANCELLED!

>Even the cachet of network golden boy Seth MacFarlane couldn't move the needle for the animated Bordertown, which averaged a 0.9 rating among adults 18-49 with lackluster DVR numbers factored in. The comedy got off to an underwhelming start just days into the new year before it was moved from its cushy post-Family Guy spot to a 7 p.m. slot in March.

>Not in Bordertown's favor was the continued success of fellow animated comedies Family Guy, The Simpsons and Bob's Burgers, as well as internal enthusiasm for the live-action/animation hybrid project Son of Zahn from The Last Man on Earth executive producers Phil Lord and Chris Miller. But don't feel too bad for MacFarlane — he is set to star in his first live-action comedy for the network, picked up straight to series for the 2017-18 broadcast season.

The Grinder, Grandfathered and Cooper Barret's Guide to Surviving Life are also dead.

Source: hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/grinder-grandfathered-bordertown-canceled-at-893520

F

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_programs_broadcast_by_Fox#Formerly_broadcast
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Shame, I actually like this show.
People are allowed to have different opinions.

It's okay user I liked it too. It wasn't anything amazing but it was for sure a guilty pleasure of sorts.

A goddamn frito bandito hour cartoon couldnt have been as offensive as this shit was

Why do people even bother pitching shows to Fox? If I wanted to make a tv show or cartoon and Fox was the only network willing to pick it up, I'd hold out indefinitely, hoping literally any other network would eventually take interest in it. They cancel 95% of their shows. Granted the few that stay on air are on for life, the risk just isn't worth it.

I didn't even know this was airing, I remember seeing the trailer for it a few months ago though.

>I didn't even know this was airing
You and a significant chunk of the country I assume.

I'm a Britbong and ITV2 isn't even airing the full season. They bought the rights to it along with rights to air the newest Family Guy episodes as well as reruns of American Dad and The Cleveland Show and Bordertown was such poison to them that they dropped it after episode 6.

thank god. I don't know how it lasted as long as it did, i.e. past the initial pitch.

"Okay but what if we're racist BOTH WAYS" really doesn't work, for mainstream audiences but just in general too.

Honestly, though, it's just poorly written. I tried it and it's just bad. What can I say.

>But don't feel too bad for MacFarlane — he is set to star in his first live-action comedy for the network, picked up straight to series for the 2017-18 broadcast season.
>Seeing Seth pretentious mug on Television.

God that shit isn't going to end up on Adult Swim now is it?

Disappointing, but not expected. This show was honestly funny even with the awful look, which is more than I can say for Simpsons/Family Guy. Maybe if they used a different art style more people would have given it a chance.

>Granted the few that stay on air are on for life

I dunno about that
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_programs_broadcast_by_Fox#Formerly_broadcast

With only 13 episodes? Nah.

In order to be considered viable for syndication now you have to have at least 88 episodes. That's why The Cleveland Show airs on Adult Swim. It just met the bare minimum requirement which is likely why FOX even let it run that long. Probably the only way they stood to make money back off of it when the ratings started to tank around Season 3.

Even fucking 3south did better than this

>With only 13 episodes? Nah.
AS has like half a dozen shows with that amount and not all of them were original series either. Those shows that get shoved into the lineup like once every few years like baby blues, mission hill, oblongs, etc. Last year I remember them having a show on fx that last about 13 episodes too.

3 South did worse actually. It had the same number of episodes in total as Bordertown (13) but one of them didn't even air.

But in the end 3south had a minor cult following, while this is universally panned

>Last year I remember them having a show on fx that last about 13 episodes too

Hmm... gonna assume it was either Chozen (The show about a gay rapper that had Archer's art style) or Unsupervised (The show about two upbeat teenage boys getting into all sorts of trouble due to lack of parental supervision in what was sort of a low-rent version of Beavis & Butt-Head)?

>What is Clerks?

That's a special case though, because that's a show that was infamously fucked over by its original network.

It's like them airing that Dexter's Lab "Rude Removal" ep or whatever episodes of King of the Hill FOX skipped in the final run.

That's literally the point I was making. The vast majority of those were only broadcasted for a very short timespan. You either get canceled almost immediately or you get beaten into oblivion forever, like The Simpsons or Family Guy.

It was Unsupervised.

considering AS tried to force Sit Down Shut Up down everyone's throats for a good year, you can bet on it

This show was not great but actually better and less boring than current Family Guy.

EVERYTHING is better than current family guy.

>actually tries to break the mold and make a show that looks different than everything else he's made

>all he does is move the eyes apart and makes no effort to create something that has any detail and doesnt look lazy

seth macfarlane is the cancer killing animation

It was shit, anyway.

So will Son of Zorn get a full season? It seems like with Fox you either air forever or get a season or less.

You're on Sup Forums, nigger. Don't talk about "offensive" as if you're better than that.

that's a really low bar

Mission Hill, God the Devil and Bob, Unsupervised, and Baby Blues all had one 13 episode season. I wonder if they'll put the Dilbert animated series on the air. It's actually pretty good and it ran for 30 episodes. I am certain that Allen Gregory won't though, if it hasn't already.

>People are allowed to have different opinions.

Dilbert used to air on IFC quite a bit

If [as] airs this shit after they canceled China, IL I'm going to lose my shit.

The last thing we need is even more of Seth McFarlane's lifeless dolls walking around under different names.

>cancelled after 13 episodes
fucking lel

A good portion of Sup Forums the portion that actually watched the show and doesn't have a hate boner for MacFarlane would agree with you. It was actually pretty funny.