Miraculous Ladybug Thread

It's Friday the 13th, so for a bit of luck, let's have a Ladybug thread.

Have you seen the show? French voices/sub or dubbed voice? Thoughts about it overall? Any particular interest in french cartoons in general?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FlwV3scCgAM
amazon.com/Miraculous-Tales-Ladybug-Cat-Noir/dp/B01BHCPQF8/
amazon.com/Miraculous-Tales-Ladybug-Noir-Spots/dp/B01F6EHOGM/
youtube.com/watch?v=dFwbW7YNVjk&list=PL31_z9gFAteBiK5ErE7-jHFzKX130f7al&index=1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Have you seen the show?
No, other than a few WebM's. It seems fun enough and I've noticed an increase of Marinette (?) posting across the boards I visit.

If I did watch it I'd go with the subs and as for french cartoons, Wakfu's mah shit.

I'm normally a fan of French w/ subs, probably thanks to understanding a bit of french myself. However, Marinette's voice reminds me of the characters of Lolirock for some reason. Perhaps they have the same voice actors, which wouldn't be too surprising. The english dub for Miraculous is really good, as well.

The show's pretty decent for Saturday morning fare. Nothing outstanding about it, but it's been enjoyable and I'm working through it myself. Today just seemed like a good day for a thread, given the luck-based theme.

Wakfu was a lot of fun. Especially the Nox special after watching the first season.

Ive seen it with english dubs. I like the show but it seems the story is going way too slow. Too many fillers and no actual thing going on

I've seen it. I like it a lot, it's literally fun to watch with the nice animation and generally good villain designs.

ladybourgeois forever (not a real spoiler)

Also I watched it in french with english subtitles. Started off with the korean dub (which is pretty good too, but I actually understand a little french), but switched to french once I found those eps. I've heard the english in clips and have not liked it.

You can't talk about luck and Ladybug without including the lucky kitty boy.

He likes her that makes a reality crossover universe in this unfortunate day.

The animations are really impressive. After watching a bunch of Disney and Pixar, I would've imagined that 3D was a lot more restricted. Nice to see they aren't afraid to move the characters around a lot, in some silly expressiveness, over just sticking to "realistic" movement.

>I've heard the english in clips and have not liked it.
Fair enough. I've heard a LOT of really bad dubs and this one is pretty good, so I'm happy. Also, like I mentioned here, I suspect the french voice cast between this and Lolirock is similar - it makes it a bit distracting to watch them together, at least to me.

I kind of figured that Cat Noir would be included in any topic of luck. Ladybugs are lucky in France, while black cats are unlucky.

Wow, that's impressive. I didn't even notice it as cosplay at first.

Ladybug and Noir are two sides of the same coin, luck and bad luck, so it's natural to have Cat with Bug. Fortunately it's possible to like both of them. I just wish Noir had a bit more focus in the show and they'd drop the love tetragon between two people and their secret identities and just have them get together.

I know, it's an amazing cosplay. At the moment it's the only one she's done of Noir, hoping she does some more.

I'll never get over how cute she is

The cutest!

Look, I want to fuck Chat Noir into a mattress as much as anybody, but this goes double for Ladybug. I don't think I've ever waifued a girl as quickly as I did Marinette.

Sometimes I get annoyed by how much the threads focus on Chat Noir. But only sometimes. That's why I wish there was more lewd bisexual stuff focusing on both of them.

Marinette is too adorable for lewdness. Please restrict yourself to dating tenderly while holding hands.

She is v cute.

Rose is best girl

I've recently started watching it in French with subs.
It's weird being able to see their mouths not match the language.

Personally, I love the tetragon.
Though I do wish some development would happen.

I'd say that at least some development happened in the first season. It didn't really go anywhere, but Marinette gained some confidence with Adrian and Ladybug, at least, didn't dismiss Cat Noir as casually as she did at first.

It might be interesting to see if they plan on taking it somewhere with a possible season 2.

You admonish me for being lewd and then go on about how you want her to do the sluttiest thing imaginable. You're a sicko AND a hypocrite.

There's no way, with a butt like this, she isn't for lewd.

I'd argue that the problem with the series is that while Ladybug has the most personality and focus, she also has no real story associated with her. Adrien on the other hand has the opposite problem, he has less personality and focus but more story (if it ever decides to move forward).

Adrien has loads of personality. The problem is that you can only really see it when he turns around and shows his ass.

Obligatory /y/ crosspost

I want to _pet the catboi.

That's not personality user. That's just you being a horny little bitch with no taste.

But seriously Adrien doesn't really have a personality, following him for too long would most likely just make him problem.

I shall return to this, late in the night.

The French dub and English dub are both good.

You bring up a good point; I think of it this way: Ladybug is for tender hugs, Chat is for rough fugs.

I really like this pic, by the way. I like Chat's sex eyes and how it looks like he's offering Ladybug's hand to the viewer.

>Crushed dreams thread
Okay then.

youtube.com/watch?v=FlwV3scCgAM

I still miss the ahoge.

But you still have Lolirock for your vaguely anime French-cartoon.

Besides, that style doesn't get to show off Marinette's sexy little hexagons.

I do miss a lot of the elements from the 2dpv, but I also enjoy the 3d.

Even if Thomas Astruc doesn't want to give up the bright and happy tone, some easy improvements to the 3d I think would be more varied soundtracks, more modeled locations, more night scenes, etc.

Also, Adrien is still pretty good.

I watched the first episode.

Then I stopped because I wanted to watch it in chronological order.

However after asking on the Facebook fanpage and getting non-answers like "It IS in chronological order" or "There is no chronological order, it's meant to be enjoyed as standalone episodes;" I finally gave up and decided not to watch it.

Is the first season over? Is there a chronological order I can view them in?

Is it available for purchase anywhere yet (I don't pirate)?

I should note, I watched the first episode back when there was only one episode aired in Korea. So I was one of the first people aboard (as much as I can say that since it came out in France soon after).

the only chronological order there is:

origin episodes are the first

volpina is the series finale

evillustrator takes place after lady wifi and stormy

puppeteer takes place after rogercop, evillustrator and wifi

pixelator takes place before any other episode with jagged stone

other than that there is no chrono order

season 2 almost certainly have more chronological order though though, considering volpina ended with a blatant cliffhanger

>Is the first season over?
Yes.

>Is there a chronological order I can view them in?
Sort of. There is a release order, although Korea apparently released them in a slightly different order than everywhere else. So you'll see some oddities like The Pharaoh being listed as either Episode 3 or Episode 7 in different locations.

There is a rough chronology as the season progresses. Nothing outright is stated, but there are some minor events that get referenced later. I'd need to watch through the episodes to see them all, but mostly in involves the relationships of the secondary cast to each other and to Ladybug/Cat Noir.

About the biggest out-of-chronology is the last two episodes actually being the first meeting of Ladybug/Cat Noir, and both first meeting their Kwami. However, the three or four episodes leading up to that reveal some things which can those two episodes spoil, so it might be better to watch them last. It's up to you, though.

>Is it available for purchase anywhere yet (I don't pirate)?
amazon.com/Miraculous-Tales-Ladybug-Cat-Noir/dp/B01BHCPQF8/
amazon.com/Miraculous-Tales-Ladybug-Noir-Spots/dp/B01F6EHOGM/

The first is just seven episodes. The second is coming out August 9th, and will probably be six/seven episodes. Both english and french audio, although subtitles are apparently just the english script, rather than a translation of the french script.

It's also available through Amazon Video (and probably some other places). However, the Amazon Video only give 13 out of 26 episodes for their "Season 1" so be sure to check what you're buying with the online video services.

There's also Webisodes, little online-only shorts here.

youtube.com/watch?v=dFwbW7YNVjk&list=PL31_z9gFAteBiK5ErE7-jHFzKX130f7al&index=1

>Besides, that style doesn't get to show off Marinette's sexy little hexagons.
But it does feature her ribbons.

I think Marinette and Adrien are both a lot cuter and a lot sexier in 3D than in 2D.

Also Adrien > Felix

You know I used to like Adrien more than Felix but I think that in hindsight the only real thing they had to do to fix the whole thing was to simply tone down Felix's attitude, and make Marinette not like him, because he's an asshole. But to have them gradually become friends first.

The problem with Adrien at the moment is that he's TOO much of a nice guy and it's cliche as well, but they're not doing anything to fix it makes it worse.

I'd rather he not be an asshole, he's already surrounded by it at home, I honestly feel so sorry and bad for Adrien, having no mother and a father who treats him like shit and only cares that he models plus he isn't allowed to be who he is unless he's in Chat Noir mode.

Or with Nino

The problem with Adrien is that that explain his basically his whole character trait. That simple explanation is all there is to his character, with there being no hint of any change or room for improvement, because the series acts as though he's perfect as he is.

Adrien has no real negative personality traits, and the negative that he does have is never acknowledged by the series. As opposed to his partner who is wrong even when she's right. Being too nice is just as bad as being mean but the story never acknowledges that.

Adrien lies to someone and turns someone into an akuma out of jealousy but the story never acknowledges that; the person who he supposedly loves gets put down to his face by a person whose trying to manipulate him, he not only doesn't acknowledge it, but is actually mad at the person he claims to love for calling out the person attempting to manipulate him; he doesn't like it when Chole hangs off of him but can't firmly tell her to stop; etc.

Being too nice is a big problem too, possibly even worse because such behavior just enables the people around you to continue to take advantage.

===

I think that with Felix they could at least acknowledge that his negative traits were just that, he is not perfect and has room to grow.

The problem is that, except for when he's evil, has to deal with Copycat, and when he dies, Adrien isn't the focus of the story. Ladybug is the star, he's her wingman, and he pretty much just does the heavy lifting while she cures the badness. Also the fact that there's very little continuity in season one, which always means very little character development. Hopefully in season two they'll switch to an ongoing story arc and both of them can develop.

No that isn't the problem, because even if Adrien was the focus then the problem with him would be even more apparent. Most of Adrien's problems can be solved by him simply speaking up, add on to him having his head in the clouds and the story not showing that this kind of behavior is a bad thing would just make his character irritating.

The first step to character development is to first acknowledge that a character has problems with themselves that they need to improve, but the series refuses to acknowledge that Adrien has any problems outside of his father, and in fact seems to use Gabriel as a scapegoat for Adrien's behavior.

It's to the point that I'd argue that the reason why Adrien has no real love rival is because if he did he'd never measure up.

>Adrien lies to someone and turns someone into an akuma out of jealousy but the story never acknowledges that
To be fair, Marinette calls out and insults someone directly to their face as well, turning them into an akuma... and the idea of her being wrong is just glazed over as well. Perhaps it's a topic for Season 2 since Volpina was the season ender,

Then again, when other people do stuff which turns people into akuma, it's mostly forgotten and ignored. Even Chloe: she's probably directly responsible for a dozen akumized victims. But nobody treats her any differently than they did at the beginning of the school year, before this whole mess started. Not even Adrien.

I think that Adrien's biggest problem is just that Marinette was the one to receive all the character development. I doubt that Felix would've been much different in his place, just being a moody bad boy throughout the series. And I think you might be understating Adrien's faults. One thing that Adrien is is a doormat, especially to people like Chloe. To bring in the point above, nobody in their right mind would be friends with someone who just spawned ten villains for them to deal with, not to mention the general way she treats anyone at school. Especially now that Adrien has a number of friends, there's no reason for him to stick around the obviously-clingy Chloe... except that he's Adrien, he's a walking doormat, and he's fine with just sitting there and letting other people say what his relationship is like.

Not every negative character trait needs to be an active one, after all.

Actually, I'd like to see more focus on Adrien and to see him deal with that doormatishness of his. It's not something that's typically dealt with in protagonists, and so dealing with and resolving it would be more interesting than just "don't be such a jerk".

And the "Simon Says" episode, which was about him dealing with his (not so?) obnoxious father.

I miss an episode where Ladybug is the one brainwashed to be evil and Noir have to do the rescue (or at least in a situation he's the one to save the day). Maybe season 2 work on it.

I dont really agree user. I actually want an episode to focus on him, he is actually really charming and interesting. But im curious, why do you think he has no personality?

>you will never have Noir curled up in your lap and purring contentedly as you caress his soft blonde hair and rest your other hand on his hip

Adrien lied to a Ladybug fan who just wanted her autograph. He had no reason to feel threatened by that fan at all. Lila on the other hand, was straight up lying between her teeth about Ladybug, and also insulting her. Lila had wronged Ladybug by lying about her, and also Adrien by trying to manipulate him. The story doesn't glaze over it at all, since Adrien immediately starts guilt tripping her (completely ignoring the fact that Lila was lying and manipulating to him) to the point that Ladybug apologized for calling Lila out about lying (which she did). Adrien though was never called out for what he did in Copycat, and is never made to feel any guilt about his behavior towards a person who had ultimately done nothing to him, as opposed to Ladybug who reacted to a person lying and insulting her.

Thing is though, Origin episodes establish that no one likes Chole, and it gets reiterated in Dark Blade. They only tolerate her because she's the mayor's daughter, but outside of Kim they don't like her. Adrien doesn't really stand up to anybody, and the story seems to think that it's okay for him to not do so.

About character development seeI understand Adrien's fault's but the problem with the story is that it doesn't acknowledge that. As far as the story is concerned Adrien's main problem is the fact that his father is too overprotective and doesn't let him be himself.

I agree, i like Adrien, but with an upbringin like his, is actually weird that he has no bad character traits. His behavior in Copycat could actually parallel Lila´s in Volpina. Both of them lie, and in the end, they doint learn the lesson. Maybe with season two the problems with Adrien character could actually being explored. But with the Lila situation, i think you are judging him fast, he had barely time to talk until LB came to confront Lila.
I really dont think the problem with his father is that easy to solve. When you grow up believing that you should be always polite and never speak for yourself change that is actually a real challenge. Plus the hints of him having self steem, self woth and identity issues, Adrien´s character is kind of and emotional mess. It is more than just being "too nice"

They had time to move from the Library to the park, Adrien had more than enough time to both think and talk he just didn't do so, and bought into her lies and insults without a second thought. He simply didn't believe that Lila was lying as shown by how quickly he believed Volpina, shows that he believed a total stranger over his partner.

They were easily able to convince him to let Adrien go to school. The problem is that the writers use Gabriel as a complete scapegoat, rather than acknowledge that Adrien himself also shares some fault. It feels that once Hawkmoth is defeated they'll just have him magically get over all his problems.

I completely forgot about this after years of teasing.

How is it performing?

Gotta be honest, i had the same problem with Marinette in early episodes. The show didnt adressed her stalker behavior as something wrong, it was only to show how in love she was with him, taking his cellphone, searching in his garbage, his schedule in her room. And the show never told us this was wrong. It was only in episodes like the Gamer or Volpina when Marinette's impulsive nature was shown as problematic and hurtful. Wich was a relief.
Indeed, the show can get frustating but i think they will touch Adrien's problems in future episodes because is part of the process of mixing both of his personas (Chat and Adrien) wich is probably his character arc, or at least one of the most important parts.

It's good, and might get better.

Lila does not insult Ladybug in the library, is in the park when she starts the "better than LB" speech. Before that, Adrien believes that Lila and Ladybug are friends, something that fits with her kind and friendly partner personality. And calling out a lier could actually rise questions as why he knows LB that well.

Nailed it. He's kind, smart, protective, good-looking, courageous, friendly, generous and filthy fucking rich to boot and to balance all that out he's sometimes too polite for his own good and has a poor relationship with his father? Seriously?

On top of that, the only change he undergoes as Chat Noir is that he hits on Ladybug constantly. Felix behaved much the same way (albeit with more balls) when transformed but at least his personality changed in the process; he went from "handsome brooding weirdo" in his daily life to "Pepe le Pew" as Chat Noir.

The thing is he's genuinely in love with Ladybug, not just horny for pussy. So even that character flaw isnt much of a flaw.

But to be honest, does he really need some kind of dark negative flaw? A little more conflict with someone would work, or actually showing how his normal life affects his mind, but he doesn't need to have some big bad point to be interesting.

I caught an episode recently and the fact that the character in a skintight cat costume is male blew my mind. I'm honestly impressed.

Chat Noir is two of the rarest things ever in one package: a magical boy and a cat boy.

>But to be honest, does he really need some kind of dark negative flaw?

I didn't say he did. I was complaining about Adrien being boring, not being a good person.

Saying that someone is weaker or not half as great as yourself is insulting them. Calling her out for being a liar wouldn't raise as much questions as you think since logically no person would be so quick to put down their supposed friend in front of other people.

The love square is the best.

There is no chronological order. It's been confirmed by Astruc. Any order you make up is simply your own fan theory.

To be a good character yes, a good character should at least have one negative flaw.

He's a pushover. He's impulsive, always ready to jump in and make an unnecessary sacrifice that could have been avoided. They're there. You just don't want to see them.

They're there yes, but there is no acknowledgement by the series that they are his flaws. The only thing that the series acknowledges is annoying is constantly flirting with Ladybug, but like what other user pointed out, that's not much of a flaw.

How high was the sexual tension in pic related?

>A good character should at least have one negative flaw.
> Okay, he has one flaw. No wait! I didn't mean he just has to have one, I meant it has to be touched upon in a manner that suits my personal needs.

You can only really consider it a legitimate flaw when the story actually acknowledges its existence. If a story doesn't acknowledge a character's flaws then it's just the same as saying that they don't have any.

Or is that scene just taken out of context?

Outside of some serious scene recycling (how many fights take place in that damn tv station?) I enjoy the 3d more. A little sad though looking at this that some of the seriousness and story seems to have been cut down. Here it looked like Hawkmoth had some city wide chaos going off but it's entirely villain of the week in the final show. The badass mime was also cut down to a pretty silly slap stick villain.

>if it's not explicitly stated in hamfisted dialogue it's the same as if it doesn't exist
Well you seem like a special kind of retard.

Dis nigga.

At this point I'd be happy if a mind controlled Chat Noir simply waited and used his cataclysm to cancel out Ladybug's item.

this portrayal of Paris is completely wrong, where are all the shitskins yelling "allah ackbar" and blowing up randomly in crowds?

>not understanding Writing 101, it's not enough to give a character a flaw you need to also acknowledge that they exist. Especially if it's an area where the character needs to improve upon. A writer needs to acknowledge the characters shortcomings in story which can be as simple as a character pointing out that they should or shouldn't do something. you simply don't acknowledge when character fucks up that's when you have a Mary Sue on your hands.

Interesting fact about Mary Sues is that they can have perceived flaws, it's just that their story ignores their flaws or shows said flaws as a positive.

Go back.

but it's true! have you been in paris recently?

The story does not ignore his flaws. He keeps failing miserably and gets his ass handed to him in every episode due to his impulsiveness and cockiness as a superhero, which makes the general public view him as little more than a comic relief sidekick to the generally adored and admired Ladybug. Furthermore, he never gets what he wants in his civilian life because he's such a pushover. This is right there in the show. Stop pretending it's not there just because there's no line of dialogue to explain it to the dumbest audience members at the end of the episode.

>He keeps failing miserably and gets his ass handed to him in every episode due to his impulsiveness and cockiness as a superhero, which makes the general public view him as little more than a comic relief sidekick to the generally adored and admired Ladybug.
It does, he gets his ass handed to him, but faces no consequences outside for that. He doesn't care that people see him as comic relief sidekick, and the series calls no attention to it, just treats is as par for the course. I

>Furthermore, he never gets what he wants in his civilian life because he's such a pushover.
Which the story blames solely on his father, it doesn't acknowledge that Adrien himself is the problem, in fact if anything it's depicting his doormat personality as an admirable trait. Rather than a negative trait that he needs to overcome. If Adrien had a problem with how he was treated as Chat Noir or the story didn't brush it aside, you'd have a point but he doesn't.

The show doesn't do anything to say that Adrien is less than perfect, and that's the problem.

>he gets his ass handed to him, but faces no consequences outside for that
Except for the blows to his reputation and the disdain he receives from the girl he loves, but of course you're going to ignore that just like you ignore the fact that the only reason his failures get no other lasting consequences is that Ladybug's magic fixes everything at the end of the episode.

>He doesn't care that people see him as comic relief sidekick, and the series calls no attention to it
Have we been watching the same show? He desperately wants to impress Ladybug, but she (like the rest of Paris) only see him as her comic relief sidekick and whenever he communicates with members of the public or said members of the public discuss Ladybug and Cat Noir the show makes it absolutely clear that no one has any respect whatsoever for him.

>Which the story blames solely on his father, it doesn't acknowledge that Adrien himself is the problem, in fact if anything it's depicting his doormat personality as an admirable trait.
If not for some of the other stuff you've written, this would be the dumbest thing I've read all day. Does every little thing have to be explained to you in detail for you not to make up something stupid to take its place? Do you really need him to turn towards the viewer at the end of the episode and say "I was just trying to please my father, but in doing so I failed to stand up for my friend who was trying to stand up for me. The major problems that came of this were clearly due to a character flaw on my behalf." Is it not enough for you that the show shows it without the overly clear explanation?

>The show doesn't do anything to say that Adrien is less than perfect except for this, that and the other thing, but I'm going to ignore those because otherwise I'd have to admit I'm wrong to strangers on the internet
ftfy

Just narathoned evey episode, when will this get good?

If you don't like for what it is now, then probably never.

I want to cum inside Marinette!

mah nigga

higher than a pack of bootleg ladybug condoms

like so

She just looks like she's stoned and obsessed over his bell

>Except for the blows to his reputation and the disdain he receives from the girl he loves
Which he's shown to not give a shit about, he's not effected by it or showed that he gave a shit, but he doesn't. You'd have a point if he cared but he doesn't, so he isn't negatively impacted by it. And this was really just to give him contrasts with Ladybug anyway.

>He desperately wants to impress Ladybug, but she (like the rest of Paris) only see him as her comic relief sidekick
You do realize that the only reason why Ladybug doesn't answer to Chat's advances isn't because she's not attracted to him but rather because she likes his alterego? That's literally the only thing holding her back, so again it's not a negative reflection on him.

>If not for some of the other stuff you've written, this would be the dumbest thing I've read all day.
user, that EVERY TIME his inability to speak up is brought up as a negative trait his father is always brought up as well and the blame is laid on him. Otherwise the show has never once depicted Adrien's doormat behavior as a negative, and even took his side during the Volpina episode when he was being manipulated by someone else, and wouldn't speak up about it. Hell even in the case of Chole it's used to show that Marinette is over reacting and being overly jealous rather than Adrien being an idiot for not simply telling her to stop, instead the series depicts him as a patient person for putting up with her. I've said it many times and I'm saying it again Adrien's doormat personality is not shown as a negative trait.

As far as the show is concerned Adrien is perfect. Hell you haven't been able to come up with a single example when the show acknowledging Adrien's has negative trait, all of your examples are getting mitigated by the show itself. The only person ignoring facts here is you.

If you time it right, she looks stoned in every episode.

All that cocaine snowing down around her. She's far gone now. Out of her mind. The shower tiles will be glowing blue soon

Does a negative trait need to be constantly mentioned and hammered in in order for it to count? Do the other characters need to turn to him every episode and yell "YOU SEE IT'S BECAUSE OF YOUR NEGATIVE TRAIT THAT EVERYTHING WENT WRONG!!"? And no shit his father will be brought up because it's his fault Adrien is like he is, fifteen years of being raised a certain way will fuck someone up.