Twin Peaks will air at the exact same time as Game of Plebs this summer

>Twin Peaks will air at the exact same time as Game of Plebs this summer

Why the fuck is this allowed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gf1sfVpw9OY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Who the fuck cares?

Let the plebs enjoy days of our lives with dragons while I enjoy Lynchkino.

So wait is it taking game of trashes time slot if so IDC. I don't wanna talk to other people about TP it's my slightly indie darling and I'd like to keep it that way

On the same day, really? Doesn't seem like a smart move by showtime.

Is Twin Peaks good? I mean, I have only watched one Lynch project (Eraeserhead) and didn't like it

They will both be airing Sundays at 9PM

Showtime already said there's no set schedule for Twin Peaks. It could be week between episodes, or days. Part of the mystery. Sunday is just when the first hours are released.

Also, who cares? This is a one and done season, ratings are meaningless.

It is for people with the intellectual capacity to understand it (i.e. not you).

So all the normies watch GoT while the patricians get Twin Peaks all to themselves.

Who watches everything live?

Not great for its ratings but it is great news for Sup Forums

Twin peaks threads will have greatly reduced numbers of plebbitors because they'll all be too busy circle jerking over tits and dragons.
Sounds good to me.

>Showtime already said there's no set schedule for Twin Peaks. It could be week between episodes, or days. Part of the mystery. Sunday is just when the first hours are released.

This is not true in the slightest, After the first four episode dump it's weekly as normal

>This is a one and done season

Lynch is open to doing more, personally I'm pretty sure this is it but no one has definitively said that.

I do not understand brothers, who cares about cuckkino? you are not cucks right???

Eh as pretentious as it seems I'm glad. I don't want to see something I love, wrote essays, and analyzed for years. Get stripped down to the level of Stranger Things meme~ines. Like don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with ST I'm just not ready mentally for the "Daddy Dale" and "Twin Peaks seinfeld intro" memes

If you check the air dates the finale will clash with the S7 finale of GOT. Twin Peaks will be forgotten in favour of memeshit reddit garbage.

It wasn't meant to be like this.

>there's nothing wrong with ST

Stranger Things is fucking shit, it's substance-less nostalgia pandering garbage

It's not going to get good ratings anyway, it's clear they're not even aiming for that with the cryptic marketing and schedule. Most people will pirate or stream it.

I'm doing this too. Love Twin Peaks but I'm fearing this remake will just attract the attention of the retarded GOT and Harry Potter fans who feel the need to be incredibly narcissistic and film their reaction at every minute detail.

I've never seen it so I wouldn't know. I'm just turned off by the circle jerking about it and how everyone acts like it's so deep.

Kinda like twin peaks funny enough, but ST is on a much much larger scale

TP being overshadowed by GOT only makes it more patrician

>Twin Peaks Episode X EXPLAINED
>Twin Peaks theory videos
>memes
>Bongistan Bar Reacts to Twin Peaks
Making the new season in the vein of FWWM won't save Twin Peaks. Lynch has to up the scale, there must be a new, more extreme way to scare off the normies. It has to be like Erasehead or Lost Highway.
Even if you are a pleb and didn't like FWWM, you have to face it bros, it has to be diffrent than original series or it will be reddit.

No one calls ST deep, they just like it cause they're normies or pedos.

I mean I feel like if they talk about Larua's rape more up front and make it like you aid Lost Highway levels of dark it would turn some people off

will this appear on hbo now

This worries me too, people won't care about Lynch's artistic brilliance and beautiful true send off to his series but they'll be talking for months about how HELLA FUCKING EPIC VISERION BECOMING A WIGHT DRAGON or THE WALL BREAKING OMG IT BROKE! will be.

I really don't understand why they do this, wouldn't they want more potential viewers?

Maybe it's because they want to not only gain viewers, but take viewers away from their competition. But it seems like it could backfire.

It looks like a combination of all of his movies into one. Normies aren't going to like it because it's going to be more like the movie than the show and will no doubt be creepy and weird as fuck.

>tfw no Showtime in my country

Realistically,Twin Peaks probably won't turn much of a profit for them. You just have to look at their YouTube and twitter account and see how little people really care about the show. But,I'd imagine they'll probably move it to a 10pm slot.

Either way,it's only going to be one season so it will air even if it gets shit ratings. Still though,this will probably be Lynch's last work so I'd like to see him go out with some popularity.

Yeah, I really dislike the types of people who would still fall for GoT at this point. I'm glad that we might be spared having to deal with them as much in Twin Peaks discussions.

Showtime invested a lot into this though, they're not indifferent to its reception. You can also tell Lynch had a say in some of the teasers, they reveal very little on purpose.

>first 4 episodes are shown form a perspective of some random girl kidnaped by Cooper
>Cooper allows Bob to use new and inventive ways to cause misery, he keeps the girl locked down for a few months
>there's a scene with Cooper/Bob pouring a pot of steaming hot black coffe on the girl, shitting on traditional Twin Peaks image
>multiple graphic rape scenes
>at the end of episode 4 it turns out that it's not Bob but real Cooper turned insane from sitting in Black Lodge for 25 years

Nah,fuck that. You had me until you said it was the real Cooper. Lynch can't do that. Dale is like the nicest guy in TV history,you just can't do that.

Fuck it, make it like fucking INLAND EMPIRE

It'll be funny if Twin Peaks has a graphic rape scene of Cooper raping someone but will probably get zero mention by SJWs but GOT's rape scene was barely a rape scene and it had media going into a frenzy

I'm not sure that's possible with something like twin peaks. normies would hates how weird and confusing this show is

It's not a remake, its a continuation of the story. I doubt you can just start watching the new ones easily.

Wait why did I type remake when I know full well it's a sequel? I'm stupid when drunk.

Maybe but I never felt TP was turn off the TV weird but I've never been the type to be offended.
I mean people can watch the original on Netflix

Competition nigga

It GoT starts falling in the ratings, maybe it will put pressure on Martin to stop beating off.

He's been trying to fill a bath tub with cum since the first episode of GOT aired, he's going to be a while

/thread

Really hope my trend following friends don't jump onto this shit like they do everything else.

It's going to be fun seeing them act like massive fans of Lynch or pretend to be then the first episode airs, they realize they don't like his style and just go and watch GOT like sheeple they are.

Is Lynch good at keeping normies away?

>I don't want thing to be popular because I feel more special for liking something "obscure"
>i better than the Normie's
Sup Forums in a fucking nutshell

Just look at the reception for Fire Walk With Me.

FWWM got booed at Cannes. The first 20 minutes are tough for normies. Lynch likes to start things very slow. (Pilot + first episode of season two.)

Some people are talking weird about it but it is going to happen. People are going to jump on the series because it's the cool thing to do and then they're going to see the first episode of this revival and wonder what the fuck is this.

Triggered redditor spotted.

Every single thing in the universe becomes shit once it gets popular. Think about all the YouTubers,video games,TV shows,anime,movies etc. That went to shit with popularity. It's because creators want to please this new and larger audience and by doing so,they lose sight of what made the show appealing in the first place.

Twin Peaks obviously won't get affected since its only going to be one season,but remember how much shit season 2 went through in order to appeal to the normie audience? We just don't want cringy assholes complaing about the show on twitter or unfunny normie memes.

>You realize David stopped Dune from being lynched by normies and becoming another LOTR or GOT

>Every single thing in the universe becomes shit once it gets popular

This'ing this.

Eh, I think the number of normie bandwagoners will be minimal. Most will be watching GOT

>We just don't want cringy assholes complaing about the show on twitter
This will happen though. There's going to be a lot of "you guys are only pretending to like it" posts. I can feel it.

People just need to grow a pair and switch off the social crap while S3 is airing. I got through season one and two when it aired and didn't once check muh twitter for idiots.

because of modern streaming services. you can catch up whenever you want. I usually wait until a few episodes have aired before I start watching, since I like to watch 2 in a row (often there is a cliffhanger after one episode that is resolved in the next this is why episodes are best watched in pairs)

I mean it's already popualr but it hasn't reach constant Video eassy and praise level of popular like Tarantino which is nice

Does it sadden anyone else people consider Tarantino a director genius of new wave proportions when they haven't even watched proper French New Wave themselves?

This. What made me realise how awful things get with popularity was when Demo got drunk on a stream and poured his heart out about how awful his new fans are. I bet there are tonnes of YouTubers who feel the same but never had the courage to say it.

For me it was with ASOIAF, loved the books in the early 00s, was pretty excited about the TV series but while it was decent up until a certain point I honestly couldn't stand the people who just treated it as a spectacle rather than simple entertainment.

>Demo

Who?

>>Twin Peaks Episode X EXPLAINED
>>Twin Peaks theory videos
>>memes
>>Bongistan Bar Reacts to Twin Peaks

I am seriously dreading this. Along with all the autistic retards who have to over analyze every little detail in a show (think True Detective S1) and wind up disappointed the show didn't go by their retarded theory.

Hopeful it airing in the same timeslot as Game of Shit will filter out some of the retards.

>Every single thing in the universe becomes shit once it gets popular.

I wouldn't say every TV series, The Sopranos remained pretty true to itself and it was insanely popular.

>Hopeful it airing in the same timeslot as Game of Shit will filter out some of the retards.
The next day:
"ah bro, Game of Thrones is tight and all but have you heard of this new shit, Twin Peaks? It totally blows GoT out of the water, you should check it out"

>Bongistan Bar Reacts to Twin Peaks

Those fucking cunts will be busy watching GoT. We'll be safe.

You overestimate them. GoT is like a religion to them and by not liking GoT,you're excluding yourself from society. I once said I didn't like GoT to a friend of mine and I explained why,he hasn't talked to me in months. It's honestly in the same boat as walking up to a Christian and saying God isn't real.

What if I don't like GOT besides the first season but like the books? I've always preferred them due to how much lore and depth they have over the show.

Excluding yourself from society is a worthy goal. Thank David, it's possible.

>The Sopranos remained pretty true to itself

Chase was so annoyed with his "fans" he worked hard to make sure literally nothing happened and left the Pine Barren story unresolved just to spite the fans. The latter seasons have a very anti-fan tone all the way up to that final scene.

rip

how can I give this show virtual (You)'s without paying?

Are GOT fags worse than Potter fags? I'd say GOT ones are considering they never even knew about the franchise until HBO picked it up and probably haven't read the source materials.

How the fuck does Lynch have so many Twitter followers? It's more than nearly every A-list actors who's not A+

Twitter bots. He has poor self confidence so his staff hired millions.

why do you guys pretend lynch is some unknown, disliked artist, when pretty much everybody likes him

Twin Peaks is literally dogshit. Hope the new season sucks even more so that you dicklickers will shut the fuck up about it

The main reason I'm going to pirate the episodes as they come out is to find out how Audrey could possibly have survived. She handcuffed herself to the bars at the entrance of a bank vault, and then a bomb went off inside it. Is she going to be an amputee, pic loosely related?

Pete shielded her from the blast according to the new book. She won't be missing any limbs.

AAHAHAHAHAHAHA GOT FAGS BTFO!!!! LYNCH HAS DONE IT AGAIN!

Agreed. We will bask in our enlightenment while the chads and the stacies gorge themselves on their cheap poorly written smut.

Cuck cuck numale cuck? Cuck cuck cuck cuck jew cuck jew...nigger cuck cuck jew cuck!

>watch one after the other

Problem solved.
Holy fuck, /grandpa/ general

While I haven't seen anyone call it deep, I have seen normies call "real trippy man" and "a total mindfuck". I couldn't imagine them seeing twin peaks or this new season if it turns out to be inland empire lite.

yep, then you'll be forced to start making multiple threads bitching about how "reddit" Twin Peaks is

>I got through season one and two when it aired and didn't once check muh twitter for idiots.
because twitter didn't exist you fucking numbskull

>Are GOT fags worse than Potter fags
Yes. Almost as bad as capeshitters and Star Wars faggots.

Eight fucking days. I'm excited as fuck.

I'm surprised nothing has leaked and that we got our first real "trailer" till like the week before the release. Everything is gonna be a nice surprise. Lynch is our man.

>implying DL is a mere mortal man

is got still relevant for normies?

To separate the patricians from the plebs

Not really. It is just a show about stupid people being confused and making poor decisions. Some people just like it because it makes them feel clever and then they can look down their noses at other people. See the first reply to your post for an example.

Lynch likes to leave some things ambiguous and up to the viewer's interpretation, like a lot of art. Some people with empty heads and few thoughts might project one of their few thoughts onto this Rorschach test and think that they have discovered a secret truth. But the real truth is that it is just a few blobs of ink on a some card and the entire point was to bring about that reaction. Narcissists who get off on boasting about how clever they think the are will shill it, Lynch gets more money and gets to make more vapid, ambiguous projects.

>I got through season one and two when it aired and didn't once check muh twitter for idiots.
u wot m8

this isnt 1990 anymore...

you can watch 2 shows by streaming them fool
2 shows can be popular

get outta here with this bait

Normie women who fancy themselves stronk.

Lynch gives them women in plastic bags, kek.

Will have to wait a couple hours for the torrents here so idrgaftbh

youtube.com/watch?v=gf1sfVpw9OY

Lynch wants it to get canceled to propagate the hype machine for another decade.

What did Lynch mean by this?