Very serious topic that barely gets discussion

Can someone seriously tell me why the hell it is illegal to collect rainwater in some states?

What is the point of such jewing here?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cochabamba_Water_War
lexisnexis.com/legalnewsroom/top-emerging-trends/b/emerging-trends-law-blog/archive/2013/02/04/california-s-rainwater-recapture-act-lets-state-residents-capture-use-harvested-rainwater.aspx#sthash.Q19FlKxu.dpuf
spanishpropertyinsight.com/2016/05/09/rich-sunshine-spain-country-tax-renewable-energy-self-consumption/
cdc.gov/fluoridation/safety/dental_fluorosis.htm#a2
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

mosquitos

(((mosquitoes)))

Ah okay this would make sense I suppose.

prevents various corporations from siphoning water out of the public supply for profit.

but mostly it has to do with the legal status of resources

Blame farmers. It has nothing to do with mosquitos or it would be illegal in southern states IE florida etc.

This. We get fined up the ass in California if caught. Apparently they think we are filthy and would leave breeding pits everywhere.

Well nevermind my previous post I guess it simply is jewing by the jews.

Same reason suicide is illegal. Government owns the rain.

what, thats really a thing?

Because you need to drink and eat the food they made with all the nanocarbon part in it so they assemble correctly in your body and spy on your for the correct amount of time.

Corn syrup is good. Eat more of it. Put more in everything. Corn appease your brain~

It's because of the LA drought from the 90's.

People's swimming pools were left stagnant, and the mosquitoes spawned in the trillions. Thanks to a few cased of Malaria, they instated laws to try and stem the tide.

Look it up, yo.

It is illegal here in my area of Florida. They also hit us with a lot of watering restrictions.

I collect rainwater anyway. I'm like Hank Hill when it comes to my lawn. Call the police.

our politicians want to sell it to the Californians downstream and don't want any reduction in flow, cash-flow that is.

Fuck this shit
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cochabamba_Water_War

Is it true, that in some states you cannot plant & harvest your own food on your garden ??

(Heard about it from J.Stone and did not believe originally... Where is your Freedom ? )

Because "if everyone collected rainwater" it would upset water management

Couldn't have people not drinking the fluoridated jew now could we? especially when they're paying for the privilege.

Why do you think jewish homes ALWAYS have rainwater barrels 'for the plants'?

In some states yea, mostly cali because cali fucking sucks.
Most cops however don't enforce it because they have no idea its illegal.

I know a lot of people collect it anyways. I had no idea it was illegal.

My boyfriend's mom collects it to water her garden. Rainwater has what plants crave.

Commiefornian here, can confirm.

My mother's house has a swimming pool that we've kinda left in disarray, we got a notice from the state that we either had to drain it or add some kind of fish (that the state provides) that eat the mosquito eggs that are laid.

Rainwater doesn't have much electrolytes.

They need to make sure that water makes it to a local river so they can sell it to you.

>illegal to collect rainwater
IIRC it not illegal to collect, it's illegal to store rainwater or build levees that would interfere with a watershed.

tinfoil intensifies

with all the shit in the air today...

So you water your garden with gatorade?

It's 2016, the glorious days of having shit in the air have moved on to China.

Good thing I only drink soda and whiskey

it falls under the same regulation as diverting a stream or river. there are lots of reasons, but the biggest is most likely control of the water supply is about as important as it gets. we have no rules like this in canada.

it's only a matter of time before it seriously start affecting us.

By that I mean global heavy rains cause by them.

it can potentially fuck up the natural resources around you

I had no idea this was illegal in some states. I looked up my state, and welp.

>Pennsylvania: rain barrels are encouraged by public officials. This blogger tells of rain barrel installation in Philadelphia. This rain barrel project was funded by the Pennsylvania government. It’s likely that its not against the law to collect rain water in Pennsylvania.

So who owns the rights to the sun?

I want to buy all the rights to the sun, before Tesla gets too big.

Well fuck. I guess I'll have to go to buttfuckers and get a gatoraid.

is this how men become femenized?

I know Israel bought up a shit load of water rights in Texas. I'd be surprised if they haven't done so all over the US.

California rainwater recapture act of 2012

Overview

>Californians may now legally capture and use rainwater harvested from rooftops. Departing from Western states' long-standing tradition of making it illegal to capture and use precipitation based on the prior appropriation doctrine, the California Legislature enacted and Governor Brown signed the "Rainwater Capture Act of 2012" [2012 Cal. Stats. ch. 537, Sec. 2.] (the Act). The Act exempts the capture and use of rainwater from rooftops from the State Water Resources Control Board's (SWRCB) permitting authority over appropriations of water. This development affords residential users and private and public entities with a new source of on-site water supply, which should reduce reliance on potable water for landscaping needs and provide a recharge benefit to underlying groundwater aquifers. - See more at: lexisnexis.com/legalnewsroom/top-emerging-trends/b/emerging-trends-law-blog/archive/2013/02/04/california-s-rainwater-recapture-act-lets-state-residents-capture-use-harvested-rainwater.aspx#sthash.Q19FlKxu.dpuf

Don't know about the US, but here in aus litterally every home used to have a rainwater tank.

The government made it illegal to have one for a while to force everyone to get hooked up to the public water system.

Then in more recent times with water shortages and droughts and such, and everyone being hooked up anyway, they repealed the law and began to encourage it for things like watering your garden.

So it could be some leftover reminiscence of something similar.

Califag here. My mom was whining that they keep changing the laws all the time, because thirty years ago it was illegal to have a rain barrel and now San Francisco is encouraging you to put rain barrels in.

What's illegal currently is maintaining malarial swamps, which is reasonable.

>Is it true, that in some states you cannot plant & harvest your own food on your garden ??

AFAIK those complaints are usually actually people whining about the fact that they aren't allowed to SELL the produce of their twenty-acre 'garden' without inspecting it for maggots and shit.

There are also tight restrictions on the TRANSPORT of backyard produce in places, because we really don't want agricultural pests everywhere.

this could be used for a comedy sketch
>skinny guy goes into prison
>aryan brotherhood member asks him; what you in for?
>I illegally captured water from my rooftop
>oh shit pls dont hurt me

cholera

It's not a first degree thought crime like commiting hate on the Internet, so you may be let off easy with a few thousand dollars fine.

I know
i was moking a joke you killjoy

because you live in the land of the free, so naturally it is illegal to collect rainwater, or buy kinder eggs or unpasteurised cheeses, or cross the road without looking etc

There is a fine on rain water collection because rain water is needed to recharge aquifers and rivers. If some company choose to buy up land and collect all the rain that landed on it, it would fuck over the whole ecosystem.

No, Brawndo has the electrolytes plant crave. I've never seen plants grow in a toilet!

Because if everyone collected rainwater, there wouldn't be enough to replenish the watershed (or it may at least be compromised).

That's the (((logic))) anyway.

Maybe just don't live in the desert then and mage California a nigger reservation.

if done on a large scale it would interfere with the supply of ground water.

Meant to say "water table."

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

It's not illegal to collect it's illegal to store because it fucks with the watershed. And by fucks with the watershed I mean fucks with profits

Luckily I don't live in the desert. Unfortunately though, even places like Colorado (which sees afternoon rainstorms almost daily in spring/summer) prevent you from collecting rainwater.

In reality, it's not about the water table, it's about the fees/taxes/control of community water system.

so then they'd have less to pump polluted with chloramine and fluoride and sell us? Fuck them

just put the collector UNDERGROUND disguise the collector and place the tanks underground FUCK THIS BULLSHIT you;re not going to stand between me and the heavens under which God Almighty put me.

There were water wars going back to the 1850s in the west. Why? Because it's a desert, you fucking retards.

If you cross the road without looking you deserve to be shot desu.

Here its mandatory to have rainwater tanks on new builds and subsidised on existing structures

Makes sense. My teeth are fucked because of fluoride .

Pretty corny post if you ask me

>land of the free :^)

I drill waterwells from time to time and have been surprised how many farmers have old propane tanks buried underground to collect rainwater.

100% haram

>land of the free
>can't play poker on the internet
>can't drink alcohol until 21
>can't collect fucking water on your own personal property

You cunts still have the guns and yet you haven't put them to use against this ridiculous bullshit which is the crux of your argument for having them.

Standing water = mosquitoes

West Nile, Malaria, etc

I think its mainly because people don't realize that stagnant water can be deadly, and most the people who would be collecting rain water would just have a bucket outside, without any filters or treatment.

no, you're just a retard

Why not chlorinate it, or does that not kill mosquitoes?

It's actually not illegal in California. Some counties within the state it's illegal but not in Northern Cali(Chico and up)

Water tables.

Colorado was a state where this was a pretty serious topic and they were finally forced to change the laws.

The main issue is that certain rivers have already reached peak industrial capacity and the water falling on your property may already be "sold" to someone in the next state. The state watershed authority had an obligation to ensure that water reached the end user.

The law only changed after a series of studies concluded that a reasonable percentage of rainwater would not flow out of state anyway so there was no harm in the locals using it.

tl;dr

Colorado residents can have up to two rain barrels now and not have an impact on the big rivers. People in other states will bitch when the water runs low but it's their own fault for building fruit farms in a desert.

It seems Spain makes this claim.

spanishpropertyinsight.com/2016/05/09/rich-sunshine-spain-country-tax-renewable-energy-self-consumption/

>the water falling on your property may already be "sold" to someone in the next state
Which is a legally nonsensical concept. It cannot be demonstrated in court that a particular volume of water was the property of someone else. If you own a bunch of unmarked chickens and one of them escapes, you cannot take your neighbor to court and and claim that one of his similarly unmarked chickens is actually yours. And that's a weak analogy, since chickens can be successfully penned, whereas you cannot stop a natural phenomenon like the water cycle.

Plus, any rainwater that is captured and used ends up being deposited back into the system anyway; it's not like it vanishes or gets shot into space or anything.

These laws are moronic.

If I collect rain water from my barrell and save it to use in my garden then it does not have that big of an effect on the ecosystem. If a corporation collects major supplies and hords it and jacks up the price for the water during drought times then its messes with economy and ecology. Or then again governmental municipalities already do this. They just want to keep their monopoly.

>add some kind of fish (that the state provides)

Fuck it that's some soviet style shit

>their own fault for building fruit farms in a desert

QFT. But that won't stop da gubment from keeping us from being self-sustaining.

Good thing I only drink rainwater and pure grain alcohol.

>MUH PRECIOUS BODILY FLUIDS

(this film's amazing though, easily one of my faves (what happened to masterful filmmakers like Kubrick?? /allmysadness))

>If a corporation collects major supplies and hords it and jacks up the price for the water during drought times
The corporation would have to own half of the land in the state to do this, and put collection containers on every surface. It's an implausible scenario.

Tap water fucks up your teeth if you drink it when your teeth are developing. It gives you ugly white streaks and lines.

cdc.gov/fluoridation/safety/dental_fluorosis.htm#a2

it's a real thing, fluoride is bad

>Can someone seriously tell me why the hell it is illegal to collect rainwater in some states?
The water cycle in most of the west coast has been completely fucked up because all of their water comes from mountain aquifers and they tax them heavily with a enormous population living in farming in what is essentially a desert and unlike the inland territories where water eventually returns to the source through rain, they lose most of their rain water to the ocean where it is very difficult to to make it usable again.

Something about bringing the water out of the evaporation cycle being bad for the environment.

Washington had a law like that a while back. Their reasoning was that rain was publicly owned and taking it before it was returned to the water table was akin to stealing it.

Needless to say it was right out ignored for its stupidity and it was eventually taken off the books in most counties.

Except the water goes back into the cycle when you piss it out or water your garden. It doesn't just disappear.

who would drink water from their roof? I could see other collection methods, but having particulate from your roofing material made of tar and petroleum based products doesn't sound like a good idea. or is collected rain water not potable?

Presumably you'd filter it before drinking, if you even wanted to drink it.

How about reading your own source you fag.
"Only children aged 8 years and younger can develop dental fluorosis"

How about reading my prior post.

>Tap water fucks up your teeth if you drink it when your teeth are developing.

gg no re idiot

corporations own the rights to watersheds, by collecting that rain water you are taking away from that watershed

Boil then filter it, same as any other untreated water source.

Even then I would not want to rely on it long term. In a city rain absorbs all the pollution from the air on the way down, and then liek you said it flows over a tar roof into the eaves-trough (full of rotting leaves and mold).

My parents have a rain barrel and they use it to water their potted plants and flower baskets. It is also there for an emergency water supply.

>Can someone seriously tell me why the hell it is illegal to collect rainwater in some states?
Government owns the rain. No seriously. Your tap water comes from watersheds, which is sold to you by the State. If rainwater doesn't reach the watershed, because you're drinking it, then the State has problems honoring its contracts and it could even cause a drought if the State is selling water to people in other States.

Thats the excuse they use anyways. Its got nothing to do with mosquitoes. In California its all about keeping those thirsty Almond farms supplied. Also California sold most of its water to Jews (no memes, look it up) who turn around and sell it back to you at a 1000% mark-up, so theres that too.

>he doesn't know water will be privatized during the civil wars after the markets plummet

"Tap water is bad because if you drink it when you're 8 it can cause some marks"
wow you sure BTFO'd me. no rebuttal here you're right tap water is EBIL

They don't put that shit in the water to make your teeth pretty, they use it to stop people from developing diseases that can be lethal if left unchecked. From what I've seen, dentists to Americans are like some mythical spa that only the rich can attend.

>tfw the liquid jew memes are real

swimming pools are illegal in commiefornia?

well you haven't seen much. everyone I know has perfect teeth, and basically every kid gets braces in high school. only nogs and mexicans have dental problems here.

Its because of this Guy.
He is the Manager of Nestle.