THE CW-VERSE

What we know so far about the upcoming seasons.

THE FLASH.

>Season 3 will explore the mysteries of the Speed Force.

>Cisco will get closer to becoming Vibe.

>Caitlin's backstory will be explored and her estranged mother will be introduced.

>Violett Beane, who plays Jesse Quick, has apparently been upped to series regular.

>Wentworth Miller will make recurring appearances as Captain Cold.

>Grodd will return.

>Mirror Master might appear.

>Cicada is rumored to be the main villain, with Titus Welliver, Mark Pellegrino, Jason Isaacs, David Morse and Kevin Durand being approached to play him. In the comics, he's an immortal cult leader who feeds off of Speed Force.

>Valerie Perez reportedly being added to the cast as a scientist at S.T.A.R. Labs and potential love interest for Cisco.

>Jared Morillo reportedly being added to the cast as a hotshot new detective who is transferred to the Central City Police Department and partnered with Joe.

>Magenta rumored to be one of the first Villains of the Week and will have an obsessive crush on the Flash.

>Kevin Smith will direct one of the first episodes of the season.

Sounds good?

>Echo Kellum, who plays Curtis Hold, has been upped to regular.

>Charlotte Ross, who plays Donna Smoak, has been upped to regular.

>Tom Armandes, who plays Noah Kutzler, is posited to be recurring.

>Colton Haynes will return as Roy Harper.

>Ray Palmer's brother Sidney Palmer might be added to the cast. He won't be Ray's twin brother.

>The flashbacks will be set in Russia.

And here's a casting call for the new main villain, codenamed "James"

>JAMES (late 20s - early 30s; any ethnicity) I "A man on a mission, out to avenge a tragic loss from years earlier. He can just as easily shake your hand as your best friend or break your neck as your worst enemy — and you never know which one is coming. Either way, he’s more than capable of having a good time as he does it."

Three new characters are being added.

>MYSTERY HERO (Patrick J. Adams) I "A hero with a mysterious past and an equally mysterious agenda, who launches a new mission for the Legends."

Rumored to be Green Lantern Alan Scott. He'll appear in the season finale.

>MALE HERO (20's - 30's) I "A amn who grew up in the shadow of his grandfather, a hero from World War II, and has used a Han Solo-like facade to conceal his insecurity — until, that is, the development of superpowers enables him to love up to his family legacy."

Rumored to be Nathan Heywood / Citizen Steel.

>FEMALE HERO (20's - 30's) I "A member of an elite paramilitary team living in the 1940's. An African-American, she is scrutinized in her time for both her gender and race and thus has worked twice as hard to be a perfect soldier. That said, she blames herself for — and aims to avenge — the death of a team member for whom she had repressed feelings."

Rumored to be either Jill Carlyle / Crimson Avenger or Zinda Blake / Lady Blackhawk.

Plus, showrunner Phil Klemmer said that Season 2 will feature mini-arcs with a variety of villains rather than an overarching storyline with a central antagonist, such as Vandal Savage.

Rumor has it the season finale features the Time Masters being dismantled, and Rip Hunter deciding to fulfill their original mission of preserving the timestream, with the Legends joining him as they've embraced their true call as heroes.

Wentworth Miller will make recurring appearances as Captain Cold.

NOOOOOOO. Fucking blonde bimbo bitch. Such a downgrade from the hot milf Mrs Queen.

Guess his live action debut didn't work out very well. Unlike Amell who got a leading role in TMNT 2.

>The flashbacks will be set in Russia.

More fucking flashbacks? First flashbacks in fucking the Island, then Hong Kong.

tfw no fully formed Rogues yet

Stop tickling my dick god damn it

>yfw Cold decides he likes working with a team after his stint on Legends of Tomorrow
>yfw he starts rounding up people to start his own group

I hope we get a Titans series with Wally, Jessie, Thea, Roy, then introduce Starfire and Blue Beetle.

>Cicada is rumored to be the main villain
i still need a source on this or for all of that

>the mysteries of the Speed Force.

you know who'd be great for this MAX MERCURY Zen Master of Speed

He was there for five years. Each season flashbacks to one year. It'll be the last season of flashbacks. I hope.

I think the black chick is going to be a genderbent Gravedigger.

>The Flash

As bizarre as this is to say, with Kevin Smith onboard for the beginning of S3, I hope we'll see an uptick in quality. The recent episode wasn't perfect by any means, but it was a very good callback to the overall style and feelgood nature of S1.

>Arrow

I seriously hope you guys don't watch this.

>Legends

Unless they kill off the Hawks and/or I start seeing fewer Guggenheim writing credits, it'll still be at "dropped" status for me. Even if Adams' character was motherfucking Hal Jordan, I wouldn't care.

the savage arc will be finished, so the hawks leaving would be plausible. but then i don't think kendra is bad per se, she can still be good, minus the horrible rivalry with savage, forced shipping, being irrational... well yeah, i concur it'd be easier to just kill her off

Here's hoping for more crossovers with Supergirl now that she's migrating to the CW. Maybe see how she interacts with Ollie, get some sunshine in Starling City.

I'm liking Legends more than the Flash, and way more that Arrow, but I am incredibly disappointed that Raydra ended the way it did. There's just something that I deeply dislike about the whole 'fated lovers' thing, and feel that such a strong-willed person as Kendra would fight against it, rather than rushing into it with arms open. Ray took it like a champ, but Jesus. It's a really disappointing development all the way around.

Why? She isn't a compelling or interesting character she doesn't need to be a regular.

everything in here makes me happy
everything here makes me happy
everything except Russia flashbacks and Roy make me want to kill myself. Anyone has any ideas on who the villain is?

>Sidney won't be Ray's Twin Brother
>Legends bust shows him as Identical to Ray
What?

They'll do a timeskip for five more years of flashbacks.

Popular theory is Prometheus.

Tom.

C'mon

You still haven't realized it isn't the Arrow anymore, you poor dumb niglet. It's the Felicity show now.

The miniarc thing shows they learned from their mistakes. If only another show could follow that example.

>Jared Morillo reportedly being added to the cast as a hotshot new detective who is transferred to the Central City Police Department and partnered with Joe.
Love interest for Wally? We all know Joe's partner has to try and hook up with one of his kids.

Wally is getting Jesse'd.

I'm curious to see how having Supergirl will come in play

THINGS TO WORRY ABOUT:

Flash:
>Caitlin's backstory will be explored and her estranged mother will be introduced.

Legends:
> An African-American, she is scrutinized in her time for both her gender and race and thus has worked twice as hard to be a perfect soldier.

Arrow:

Heatwave likes it too plus Snart has already kind of worked with Trickster and Weather Wizard.

>that feel when I could have saved Arrow, or at the very least, Made Arrow Great Again.
>that feel when you read these rumors about Season 5 and see that it is, indeed, becoming the Felicity show.
>that feel when Supergirl is being moved to CW for Season 2, which would have consigned with my plans for a Trinity cross-over episode.

I'm so sorry you didn't get me in the writing room, Sup Forums, and instead have a fat felicity and speed weed.

I'm betting by the end of the season, the only members of the team stick around are Rip, Atom, and Sarah. Rip and Atom because they were supposed to be Booster Gold and Bluebeetle, and Sarah because she can fly the ship.

Do not want

>The main villain is played by Jason Isaacs

Want

Some street hobos in L.A would be better writers for Arrow than what it has right now.

Doubt it. The Arrow writer's room refuses to actually pick up the source material and continues to do their own thing, regardless of the fact that many facets of Oliver are being thrown under the bus for this Felicity shit. I get that people want to make their own stories, but they should at least pay homage to the people who made this character who is today.

fuck, him getting into a car and leaving was like dodging a bullet for arsenal on how shit this show became

That's fair

Where did it all go wrong for Arrow?

Season 3, when Wendy Mericle became co-showrunner and focus shifted to the Oliver/Felicity relationship.

Season 3 is where Arrow ran into its' problems, as a show, with Season 4 pretty much killing any hope for it. You had Season 1, which was pretty good and laid a nice foundation for the overall show. Then, we had Season 2, which had a lot of stuff that was perfect. With Season 3, however, though there were a few great episodes, everything having to deal with Ra's and Felicity pretty much killed it.

Season 3 started being bad right after the cross-over event and Oliver's death, with a pick up in quality during the 3 episode Brick/Arsenal/Laurel as Canary, and then died when it became Felicity drama with Oliver.

Well, I.. hope not considering Prometheus is actually one of my favourite characters. Having said that, their villains are usually on point..

FELICITY
E
L
I
C
I
T
Y

If there's anything I have to give Season 4, I do like Neal's performance as Darhk. Despite the way they're handling his character and all the events, I personally like how he's handling what he's been thrown into.

It's funny... If you watch Season 4, you get this weird tone with the show. During scenes that involve Amell + another cast member really stand out, as do scenes with Neal.

When you had Oliver + Laurel scenes, they were great.
When you had Oliver + Diggle scenes, they were
great.
When you had Oliver + Quentin scenes, they were great.
When you had Oliver + Darhk scenes, they were
great.

But this all changes when it's

When you had Oliver + Thea scenes, they were alright.
When you had Oliver + Felicity scenes, they were terrible.

I'm cool with all of this. Here's hoping it has better pacing/writing than most of s2 - it's relied mostly on LET'S SHOCK THE COMIC BOOK FANS

>worked with
you mean 'walked away from an offer and ratted on them'? bc that definitely seems like a hot start to a working relationship

Heck yeah I'm cool with all of this. As somewhat hilarious as the team fucking up (then being revealed to SECRETLY DOING WHAT THE TIMELINE WANTED THEM TO) all season was, mini-arcs is the way to go with this show.

Though I'm hoping the Thanagarian invasion will be part of it

People are really exaggerating this.

I mean, season one had pretty damn strong pacing, and I didn't expect season 2 to fully live up to that or anything but Zoom...isn't a great villain.

I was just talking about the break out but I did forget that he tipped off Barry.

He's fine. Though I'll agree to the pacing because they had to curb the Rogues storyline that filled up the gaps of the Reverse-Flash storyline in season 1.

Some wet paper bags would make a better villain than Zoom.

One episode of wellsobard was better than an entire season of Zoom, and had more tension even though it was a bottle episode.

>wanted Russia flashbacks during S1 and 2
>now I'm not even sure if I want them
GODFUCKINGDAMNIT

the only good part about season three was the boxing glove arrow imho

I don't think there's anything wrong with Zoom, Sup Forums is just butthurt because everyone loved Wellsobard so much.

I just think him being Hunter was a bit too predictable. Aside from that, I think he was a very solid villain up until him unmasking himself.

>I don't think there's anything wrong with Zoom
That's because you have no standards.

would fucking watch. got one for flash and LoT?

If you're gonna post that in every thread, at least mix it up a bit.

Fuck that ConstanTEEN. His show was garbage and he even got worse in that shitty Arrow crossover.

They don't really need it.

How about you get some taste instead of seeing some non-existent conspiracy over your shitty villain?

A little better, but you can get more creative.

So you can disagree but he can't?

It isn't just one person that dislikes Zoom.

I never thought about writing something for Flash and LoT because Flash has been great, for the most part, and LoT is being soft rebooted for S2.

Constantine's show on NBC was okay, for the most part, but I was expecting it to be a bit darker, considering Hannibal was on at the same time.

>y-you just le baiting
Go jerk off to Zoom more.
People like you are the reason we get bland shitty villains like LoT's Vandal Savage and Damien Darhk. It's all because you enjoy eating shit and pretend it's any good.

I imagine they were just reticent to go FULL DARK with what was still being perceived as a comic book show.

>Hannibal
Don't fucking remind me of this, I'm still mad.
>have two seasons of god-tier horror-shit
>season 3 is just tumblr gay pandering, more Mason "worst villain to ever exist in all of fiction" Verger and rushed Red Dragon arc because of cancellation

Maybe they should pay homage to the first two seasons.

Now that's quality effort. I'm proud of you.

>MA LOOK AT ME I'M TROLLING THE INTERNETZ
Fuck off already.

I love that we could collectively write a better Arrow than the writers of Arrow.

And now you blew it.

Gosh, you were so close.

I have a degree in Creative Writing and I'm a huge DC fanboy, so this was kind of a labor of love + just trying to stay busy between things, and since GA is my favorite DC hero, I wanted to try this and see how it went.

A bit difficult to, since WB is pulling characters off the TV shows for movies, but could be done. It's why I have bits of Season 1 threads in my Season 5 ideas. We'll never see Ollie finish that list.

Probably, but if something deserved to be dark and filled with horror, it was Constantine.

Me too, user. Me too.

Alright, can you finally fuck off with your shitposting then?

Probably would have gotten darker as the show went on.

Don't give up now, I still see potential in you.

True. Show would have been infinitely better without pic related though. I just hate this guy as an actor, idk why.

>Not calling Barry
Good job, Failedcity, hero of Havenrock

Predictability isn't necessarily a bad thing, but they messed up Hunter. Trying to make him parallel Barry with the dead parents, but going straight to HE'S A SOCIOPATH AND ~CRAZY~ BECAUSE OF IT was...the wrong move. Or at least they really fucked up the writing of it.

I'm just wondering why Sup Forums hasn't started their own production company.

Zoom was only scary in his first appearance - him throwing the lightning back at Barry was FUCKING RAD, but he's become less and less threatening ever since. Like, we hear all about him conquering Earth-2 but...what the fuck does he actually /do/?

And yeah, the Barry/Wellsobard confrontation had more tension than ANYTHING with Zoom. That was a hell of a scene.

The licensing fees, man. They'd cost a fortune.

Money? Working with NEETs? I imagine if Sup Forums were able to, though, we'd probably produce some of the best comic-based material out there right now.

Amell and EBR have no chemistry whatsoever. I don't get how people can support Olicity - it's got to be wish fulfillment of some sort because all the audience has gotten is absolute shit.

>what the fuck does he actually /do/?
Acting like a bad cartoon villain apparently. He's so goofy enough that it's impossible to take seriously as any kind of threat and not goofy enough to be entertaining. He feels like a Criminal Minds reject with superpowers.

You don't have to use licensed properties. I've always said that Sup Forums is awash in both amateur and professional talent.

But I've been thinking about this for days: we bitch about animation standards dropping, but we could probably start our own house. It probably wouldn't be very profitable, but we're doing it for the art anyway.

I could hire someone on minimum wage, maybe two if we got creative with the hours. Anyone want to work for a non-psycho Walt Disney?

>Arrow using actual comic book stories

Hahaha.

Pretty much. Like it's gotten to the point that whenever Zoom is on screen I'm just like 'oh god more of this nonsense'

Agreed. The whole relationship drama for this season also makes absolutely no sense.

Since Season 1, Felicity has pined for Oliver in one way or another. Whether it be her freudian slips or the whole "I love you" shit at the end of Season 2, she has constantly wanted Oliver to be a part of her life. She has been infatuated with this man for such a long period of time, learning every little detail about him, and still falling for him. Then, when this season happens, she gets furious at him for keeping a secret from her, something that she and the rest of the team acknowledge all the time as something Oliver does, and the secret was that he had a son, etc. And instead of being understanding/supportive/etc, she just dumps him out of the blue.

So, like, I'm supposed to believe that the woman who would risk her life for Oliver, when she verbally challenged Ra's and tried to steal Oliver, would get upset at something Oliver does all the time?

Makes. No. Sense.

Influence from the stories, not just repurposing the stories for live action.

They're just gonna keep ripping off as many Batman stories as they can.

>Red Dart

Y-yes please.

Give me Jason Issacs as anything and were golden.

>>Wentworth Miller will make recurring appearances as Captain Cold.

>>Grodd will return.

I like the sound of that.

god imagine how good Jason Isaacs and Tom Cavanagh in a room would be

what was his endgame? The world will never know

I just want the Thanagarians to see them attempt to explain to casuals how all the Hawk bullshit from the Reincarnation, to Egypt to Thanagar is ALL CONNECTED in the crazy way that it is.

They deserve at least a taste of some real Hawksnarl experience.

Felicity's entire characterization changed when she was pushed into the forefront. Season 3 was at least a little bit more credible in that she loved Oliver but wanted him to stop being all DOOM AND GLOOM AND BAD DECISIONS, but in season 4 it really makes no sense.

So can they actually CALL Alan Green Lantern or will they have to use Sentinel because movie bullshit.

It's just such a waste of potential.
It would've been so cool if every time Zoom appeared the show switched genre from cape to horror.
Instead we get
>GIVE ME SPEED before the reveal
>I LOVE YOU CAITLYN, LET ME TELL HOW HOW EXAGGERATEDLY EVIL I AM after the reveal