Who is the best character in Deadwood and why is it Doc Cochran?

Who is the best character in Deadwood and why is it Doc Cochran?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oMAl2fCYgCQ
youtube.com/watch?v=VHiGW0UePT8
youtube.com/watch?v=Th4I3aJ68wY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because Brad Dourif was the best actor on the show

>Timothy Oliphaunt's fw everyone else can act circles around him

Why was he chosen to play the mainish character?

bump

This is now a ROME thread

What's Deadwood? TV show or movie?

E.B., Wolcott and Doc Cochran are the best after the obvioud first place

>tfw we will never get that Doc in the Civil War spinoff
youtube.com/watch?v=oMAl2fCYgCQ

TV show. Try it.
Who's first?

Al was the best

Al

>tfw no Fawlty Towersesque spinoff with EB, Richardson, Aunt Lou, and Jewel

What is the Sup Forums consensus on Trixie? She's never mentioned in these threads despite how important a character she was.

Charlie Utter, you complete spergs.

why not have a rome thread and a deadwood thread? there are enough capeshit and blarmph threads already.

It's not entirely his fault. Bullock is just a boring character, I cant imagine there's anyone that could improve the role without changing the character's writing

You don't want to be talking that way

btw Dan is the best character

>not Johnny

tfw Al killed his waifu

Loopy cunt

COCKSUCKA

Sorry, you seem to have misspelled "Mister Wu".

San Francisco cocksucka

I would break my dick off in Calamity Jane

Plebs, the lot of you.

>blamph
hahahahaha xD

Best moment in the show?

EB helping Trixie get by to shoot Hearst was best imo. The bike ride was pretty goat too.

This

Based Dourif is the best in whatever he's in

Can I just say that the guy who plays Doc Cochran is one of those chameleon actors. Billy in One flew over the cuckoo's nest, Worm Tongue in Lotr and Cochran in Deadwood.

You know you did something bad when both Al Swearingen and Cy Tolliver are outraged and disgusted. Fucking FARNUM was so disgusted he put aside his cowardice to abet the (attempted) retaliation. Without even thinking about it. Ellsworth was a good man and every single person of note was pissed by Hearst's action.

I didn't know he played those other characters. Pretty based.

>MFW it's a deadwood thread and I don't get the best character nomination

God that scene,
twas Shakespearean

link? been a while since ive watched the first season

Plenty of people liked bullock and you needed a straightman in the cast.

I miss this show.

>best character
>not based Al

Wew.

I apologize.

Wasn't that the other reverend saying that or did they both

I was not a fan of doc, although he had some great soliloquies.

Probably the last time i genuinely cried was the al killing the preacher scene. Put your hand over their mouth. Make a seal. Like packing a snowball.

You can go now, brother.

Al swerengen is the personification of satan himself, after you realize satan is gods favorite and most trusted angel.

Cy seemed more devilish desu

There is only one choice COCKSUCKA

>he didn't skip every calamity jane scene

They made it clear when he killed those two kids, loved it.

like someone else said it was more his character than him. I loved his ability to just fucking snap into a raging maniac at a moments notice.

it was wild bill

I stopped watching after he died to be honest.

I don't remember exactly, but I think Al called the sheriff a "fucking psychopath". I loved that. Bullock was a demented violent asshole and still a good person.

Kek

Kristen bell. He should have raped her first.

honestly one of the most powerful scenes in television desu

Anna Gunn was sexy as fuck in this show. Those who doubt me suck cock by choice.

I skipped every theatre troupe scene and Bullock family scene.

ad fucking hoc
free fucking gratis

No, cy is just evil to be evil.

The devil has a plan and works for god himself.

What are you even talking about, Olyphant is fantastic. Bullock's pretty one-note and routinely gets outshined by the more interesting characters, but Olyphant totally nails the role.

Swearengen is better because he has more to do, but Dourif gives the best performance in the show and also in almost everything he's ever been in.

best x-files episode too

He's not evil for the sake of evil, he's evil for the sake of his own benefit. (Though he's definitely also a sadist.) Swearengen, being a much more clever and forward-thinking cocksucker, is evil for the benefit of the camp, knowing that the camp's benefit is his own.

>why not have a rome thread and a deadwood thread?
I'd rather try touching the moon than take on a whore's thinking.

Sothe elseworth death. Cy just wattches it. All swerengen says fuck the whole world vengance shall be done even though i didnt like that idiot. The only thing that stops him is the widow garret has no one else andcomes into the bar, presumably hoping to find trixie.

If garetdidntwalk through that door al would have killed hearst with his own fucking hands. God damn yankton and their beurocrats.

this, tolliver was an unrepentant despicable asshole by nature, al behaved as such only when it came to business, otherwise he was pretty cool. i liked the little glimpses into his past.

does anyone else think swearengen and wednesday are very much alike, aside from being portrayed by based mcshane?

Who else thought Garret Dillahunt playing two roles was distracting, especially when watching seasons 1 and 2 close together? It's interesting HBO even allowed this.

Everyone thinks that, despite garret dillahunt being a fabulous actor.

But hes forever burt chance in my mind

i didn't care because Wolcott is one of the best characters, obligatory:

Past hope. Past kindness or consideration. Past justice. Past satisfaction. Past warmth or cold or comfort. Past love. But past surprise? What an endlessly unfolding tedium life would then become.

Don't mind me, best character coming through.

The simple addition of the word then. Competely changes the whole meaning.

Did they know they were making a shakesperian western, or did it just happen?

she looks like a witch, very bony
I'm not happy whenever she's on screen as it's very distracting

Jane a CUTE

>"My goodness....bare breasted....my word."
>"Who has commissioned such behavior? Who summons you with such power to do his will?
>"Did someone interrupt your rendezvous? Did someone ELSE attack him?"
>"Cover those things!"

How can one man be so based?

>not Richardson

>tfw the actor is dead so even if the film happens we'll never get more great richardson and farnum banter

One of my favorites quotes comes from a very hungover Jane.
"Every day takes figuring out all over again how to fucking live.

Eb knowing full well trixie just shot the second richest man in america and all he can say is "cover those things"

Priceless.

How come this fuck came away unscathed when he and Bullock's wife's son got hit by the horse? Did he use the kid as a human shield?

The best scene in the whole show is the one where Bullock beats him.

The way he was watching Tom and Bullock's son with the bike and what he did to that poor horse made me think they were going to go for a child molestation storyline with him.

Why didn't Bullock arrest himself for assault after that?

Janes soliloquies were absolute trash, but she had some of the best one liners.

Leave this board. And draw a map for anyone who wants to beleive your fuckin lies. Anyonw who wants to put your daughter or her holdings in jeapordy. You show them how to get here.

And you tell them I'll be waiting.

SHUT DA FERK UP

youtube.com/watch?v=VHiGW0UePT8

Every time.

good character. her and sol were fun

the whole shooting Hearst sequence was amazing, and one of the few scenes of the show really notable for its direction

How do I become as well spoken as EB?

drive the other hotel out of town

Eh it's not that noticable. Actor is good so characters are totally different.

pro bono

There will never be a show on the same level as Deadwood.
It's not a kino, it's a fucking theater.

farnum and richardson are the goat duo.

At least they helped him later in the series by sticking him in the majority of his scenes with skyler white and a child.

Wolcott

Steve and Richardson are god tier characters.

The B story with Steve and Hostetler was fantastic.

You are correct. The show was fucking perfect.

>mfw Deadwood was cancelled and ends on a cliff hanger

Man I can't think of a show with better characters and setting, perhaps Battlestar Galactica. Fucking solid10/10 show.

Someone able to make a town full of pyschopaths unite like that is too good for this world.

>perhaps battlestar

Could you have been born, Richardson? And not egg-hatched as I've always assumed? Did your mother hover over you, snaggle-toothed and doting as you now hover over me?

Well they are both manipulative, charismatic, extremely jaded, con-men working towards a magnificently insane goal (Al wanting to forge Deadwood into an actual town while keeping the feds at bay. I wont spoil what Wednesday wants for the showfags).

youtube.com/watch?v=Th4I3aJ68wY
NIGGER MOTHERFUCKERS

Who's that retard E.B FARNUM or some shit? He was an amazing cocksucker in this.

>theater.
kino itself means theater in Germarabic

Tolliver