Original Character Drawthread

It's Donut Steel time! Post your original character and story ideas, get feedback, and maybe someone will take a drawing request if you're lucky.

Try to keep it positive, don't just say "you're an autistic faggot and your OC is shit"

Other urls found in this thread:

divinecomics.deviantart.com/art/The-Roo-OC-Redesign-471599337
liefeldianabomination.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

this character is a firefighting robot that was re-purposed for arena combat. She attacks using high-pressure water jets and can create small storm clouds.

I need some help with the design because I can't draw robots at all.

since we have the "how is your webcomic going" threads i and you can post oc's there too, i thik these threads are a little redundant now

>storm trooper
a member of the Canadian Expeditionary Force young Alex Addy (names a WIP) was issued a seemly normal Ross rifle to use as a sniper. however this gun was unique compared to it's brethren as it's wood was made from a forest where a first nation tribe made shaman staffs from.
during the battle of Ypres the magic in the wood activated giving Alex power over storms, allowing him to push away as much of the chlorine gas as his poor control of the magic could.
he then spent much of ww1 and 2 battling other supers until he retired having become a national icon for many Canadians during that era. his grandson would later find the magic gun and become the storm trooper of the 21st century but that a story for a another time.

now I have a bit of a issue on what having control over storms would mean in terms of superpowers, especially for a soldier. I'd like to hear any ideas you guys have for something like that.

one idea I had was that when ever he used the powers a very small storm would show up messing up the aim everyone but him. think a weaponized version of the storm clouds that show up over a cartoon characters head when they get sad.

what do you guy's think good, bad or ugly?

Neato. I'll see if i can make some new stuff later tonight.

For now have a bump. spoilering just for safety like last time

I fucking love it!

You really put a lot of time and effort into your character, and let me tell you it was all worth it! Nice work!

I was going to simply bump, but i accidentally made the post without writing anything.

dude weather defeat armies. dont focus on the immediate effect on a battle. aim to wear down your enemy will to fight. keep raining down on their tents and their resupply lines. they will have to march with water in their boots, making roads an impassable mud. make them die of cold and malnutrition.

the problem is that this way it's more descriptive than visual, so would probably work better in a book than in a comic.

Crank Fastle, The Retaliator. Every guinea, wop and daego's worst nightmare

This lass is the next young queen to a country I've made. They usually pick their queens through what is essentially a beauty pageant and she was the cream of the crop being a Major's daughter.

Her motives behind entering to become a queen are based in finding out the circumstances of the last queen's apparent murder- something which hadn't happened in the country before.

bump

bump 2

What happened to that proposed copy paste for the OP of these threads? I thought that was a fine idea.

This is Die-Cry. He's the Guild of Sup Forumslamitous intent version of Deathstroke/Deadpool.

Thanks again to the user who worked this little gem up

>tfw I turned my OC into a comic
>tfw it's popular

Please post the webcomic, I'd like to read it.

Happy OC Friday everyone

Happy friday

Reposting some of my Donut steels, Superheroes based off of stupid ideas/names/puns.

Freeze Speech- Alien Cryokinetic raised on earth.

TransFats- Volunteered to partake in lab experiments to cover her college expenses. As a result she is now able to phase through matter, levitate,construct barriers and distort light and be invisible. All tied to metabolism/caloric intake.

Secret Sauce- Hapless fast food worker who was struck by lightning whilst tending to a delivery of secret sauce. Now posses the ability to liquify control his viscosity.

I posted the uncolored versions some time ago, so here's the preliminary color palettes.

bump

I really appreciate pun-based heroes. Keep up the good work!

The colors look good too.

I'ma sucker for superhero OCs. I'm liking these so far, though I find that maybe TF can maybe use something around her neck area? Just my opinion anyways. i know me and my buddy struggled when he was designing my heroine.

I drew this character a while back only to be informed that it's literally a street fighter character thats been around for more than a decade like wtf

Neato. Looks like something out of an 80's game manual. Any more details on him?

Yeah, its pretty much Q without the nose and human mouth. I like the design though.

Thanks doc

I saw this last thread but it was too late to say something, so, user, if you are the one who made this. Thank you.

Jin and Angela are two high schoolers who stumble upon a portal to an ancient magical realm in the janitor's closet. They eventually have to stop a bunch of demons from invading.

They're supposed to contrast each other; Angela being overly naive and Jin being overly cynical. I'm not sure how to write their dynamic though...weeaboo jokes have the potential to get old quickly.

Bumping with another one of my ocs, I guess.

I don't really know where to start when it comes to various plots, since I've got a lot of characters spanning a lot of different stories.

I like what I see so far though, with everyone else's stuff.

the beaver that i usually try to do in a pixelish style
im not really any good with drawing with my hand
shes a scottish immigrant to canada
she has a thick accent and eventually becomes prime minister when she grows up
the country is stuck in perpetual 1980s
IM BAD AT DRAWING BUT ILL GET BETTER I SWEAR

Bump

I asked for it on the last thread but got no takers. Can anyone draw up The An Hero? He is based on the picture here of Captain Suicide. This is another project for the Guild of Sup Forumslamitous Intent. Thank you

Needing help with drawing this sad sack of villainy. Dark Artist AKA Devin Ayers. He has the ability to tap into chaos magic and give life to whatever he draws up. Think Green Lantern but he has to draw his constructs. He was a Sunday funnies newspaper artist who was cucked by his wife. He finally snapped when she gang banged the newspaper editorial staff in front of him. He murdered all of them right then and there using various pencils and paints and pens. With their sacrifice he was able to tap into a very primordial force of chaos magic. He should have a very prominent receding hairline and be wearing a forest green sweater with the sleeves half way rolled up showing blood red markings on his arms which are his markings binding him to chaos magic. He is Caucasian and should have a huge smile like the comic book version of the Mask. The rest of his face should be emotionless and empty. Also give him cargo shorts and a duster coat to wear. No fedora on this pathetic bastard though.

White Trash AKA Robert Reichert. A modern day Nazi supporter who is loud and proud of his idol Adolf Hitler. He uses weapons he found and forged from the city dump and thinks of himself as the anti captain America. He should look like the picture but with a red domino mask and a swastika styled captain America shield. In his free hand should be a German pistol styled from ww2.

She-Thulhu AKA Bethany Nossin. 20 something female who studied the stories of Cthulhu. Word has it that she visited the mountains of madness. No one believes that though. Everyone just gets really uncomfortable around her due to her extreme social awkwardness. Her costume should be similar to the picture provided but she should have a jaw cover that looks like Cthulhu tentacles hanging from her mouth area. She has the ability to warp, alter, and rape people's minds. She's just a twisted professor x.

lol

Millennial Man AKA Jesse Katzer. Given his powers from a freak accident involving a computer and a meth lab explosion, Jesse Katzer became this generations go to superhero Millennial Man. He has the power of super strength and the gift of online connectivity at all times. He is a human smartphone/social media website. He also is a free human WiFi hub. He should be based on actor Justin Long and his suit should look like Marvel's Sentry but with the emblem going over one shoulder and around his opposite ribcage. The emblem should also have some sort of stylized MM on it. The color scheme is based around red and yellow.

These are all creations for the Guild of Sup Forumslamitous Intent. Your work of drawing these creations is much appreciated by the Guild and you will be remembered fondly as a loyal and hard working independent non-contracted artist for the Guild. Your name will be added to the Guild's blood soaked handbook too.

>that art
gee whiz, user

Can someone get rid of the sonic hat for me? The hero known as Blue Burst is speeding through the city!

why are his legs toes

It's unfinished. Never continued the legs

I came with a Captain America clone called Patron Saint. Basically he was affected by the Super SOULdier Serum and now he can perform any miracle. Some of his powers include water manipulation, light manipulation, and levitation. He can use the water and light simultaneously to create illusions or camouflage himself. Another power is anything he touches becomes purified and he's immune to poison and illnesses.

Not mine but here is a starting idea for the look

>Neato. Looks like something out of an 80's game manual. Any more details on him?
It is. It's from a Street Fighter 2 rejected characters sketch.

That's pretty much what I had in mind yeah, except make his colors like this eagle and make the helmet look like it. Also instead of a shield he'd have a staff with a crucifix on it. Only he can wield it and it serves as an extension of his powers.

divinecomics.deviantart.com/art/The-Roo-OC-Redesign-471599337

Stole the pic from this guy. The Roo. I picture him as a powers etc of Bouncing Boy but not stretchy. I think Marvel's Richoccet had the same powers

Bible man says bring it

>no boomerang
he'll never make it in the bush

What name do you want to go by when added to the Guild's handbook?

I found this comment funnier than it was probably intended

he has a tumblr
liefeldianabomination.tumblr.com/

Oh, it's that guy.
Oh how I hate him! Because I'm deeply jelly. Dem art skills, golly, darn, gazooks

Bump

This is a post every friday thing now correct?

I created her last night, I really like it and might be my favorite OC.

now what?
She has no name and she looks like a bandit,

RACCOON GIRL

she cute
would let her steal my christmas

I was thinking of giving her more curl and poof to her hair, I picture her to be brunette.

I like her, maybe its because I'm Canadian.. either way, here's a sloppy drawing of her.

No, it's not going to be a regular thing. It's better if its a nice little surprise once in a while. Then people won't get tired of it.

oh shit oh shit thats fantastic thanks so much
i definitely enjoy living in the land of the maple leaf
i have to go out for a while but check back here later on

Fuck it.

Desmond Wintergrief, also known as Pendragon, is an alchemist, dragonrider, runemaster, spy and superhero.

Desmond’s Rune System is very complex, using multiple rune alphabets, precisely tattooed onto his body, linked with linking runes and and gives him the following abilities:
• An incredibly complex circle based on a trap circle that allows him to literally carry his dragon, Prometheus, on his back and gives them a mental link. Also gives him fire-resistance, night vision, no need for oxygen and dragon-like senses when Prometheus is in his circle. He is the power source for most, but not all, of the runes.
• A weak projectile forcefield, if activated using the Interactive Rune circle on his arm. The small forcefield-rune is under his foot.
• A circle that can temporarily (for around 10 mnutes) give him flight or invisiblity
• A small circle on his hand that allows him to shoot fire when Prometheus is in his circle
• Anti-detection and psionic shield. When unconcious, Prometheus gains control of his body.
• Roaring like a dragon. Very intimidating.
• Be capable of smelling magic.
• Dragonrage – He takes the strength of the Dragon, which can only work when it’s in the Circle. This gives him insane strength and durability, but tires him a lot.
He has a circle in which time slows down, where he can train and study. Some oter one-time use circles are acceleration circles (which he can holographically project and cause a thrown ball to have the impact of a rocket when thrown through it) aswell as a black hole circle, a circle that allows to act as a gravity lift aswell as many other skills.
His early equipment includes some alchemical grenades, a heat-based knife for cutting through things, a WW2-era revolver found on the Island. Later, he creates armor for himself and his dragon, with a hidden blade aswell. Later on, he gets very advanced armor for his dragon even including mini-guns, razorwings and a whip-like tail

1/2

2/2

His later equipment includes a powerful suit of armor that is visually comparable to that of the Arkham Knight, except with a dragon symbol, and has thrusters, an advanced TACPAD, a holographic projector for runecircles aswell as mag gloves.

His other equipment includes a gun that only works for him (think like the Skyfall gun, with fingerprint) that he can put custom bullets into, aswell as a family heirloom sword equipped with certain runes that allow it to go into a lightsaber-like state.

sonic sword and a hardlight shield, alongside even more alchemical grenades.
Desmond has dabbled into many things, and has many tricks such as gases that cause sensory deprivation, fluid that you can breathe, remote control poison, see-through gel and so-on. He has no actual magic abilities except for his great knowledge of potions and runes.

o Yggdrasil – Isadriel, a half-elf with absolute control over plantlife.
o Thomas Blood – Thief from time, he is a metahuman with the power to create portals taken by a crew of Time Pirates
o Pixel – Girl with videogame powers (examples: Respawn, double jump, IRL HUD, aswell as a leveling up system with stats that resets every year. She can also pause IRL.)
o Ariamancer – Girl who is an absolute manipulator of sound, meaning she can fly using it, create forcefields, and such.
o Artemis – Girl with a cybernetic eye enhancement, aswell as a bow with a built-in AI that helps her take the best courses of actions.
o Charm – Zatanna analogue, fancast: Alexandra Daddario. Her little brother inherited her father’s role as a hunter of mystical artifacts in a Nathan Drake/Librarian/Indiana Jones-like fashion
o Wisdom – A man who has both the muscle as normal memories of his ancestors.
o Wraith – Nightwing/Danny Phantom analogue who leads The Valiant
o Alexander Moriat – Businessmen who dabbles in shady business. Personality is Tyrell Wellick/Martin Shrkeli-like, although he has Lex Luthor-level intelligence.
o Temperature Man – Brother of Timestopper, criminal who can absolutely manipulate his own body-temperature without it harming him
o Timestopper – Can stop time in a 30ft radius around him.
o Oracle – Clairvoyant lawyer
o Builder – Same powerset as Bunker, wears silver armor that looks like the Guardian-armor.
o Quantum – genius teenager with a powersuit that gives him size manipulaton, psionic manipulation aswell as density manipulation, together with a superA.I to guide him and basic blast-cannons aswell as flight.
o Northwind – Iceus Blake, powerful Demigod ascended from Boreas, has multiple weapons aswell as aerokinesis and cyrokinesis.
o Nyfe – Ninja stoner girl, fancast: Emily Ratjowski she’s on The Valiant. Has a nano-katana aswell as homing ninja stars.

>Desmond Wintergrief, also known as Pendragon, is an alchemist, dragonrider, runemaster, spy and superhero.

I'm into it. He's like.. The Witcher except a superhero.

you can be like him my friend

drawabox.com

This is Delta.

He was born with "Dead Feet Syndrome", a quirk that recently spawned. He is the only one diagnosed with it, and as a result, he cannot walk due to limiting function in the knee and having his feet feel "asleep". He moves not with a wheelchair or a pair of crutches. Instead, he's carried around by a "chisai kaiju", which would translate to "small monster".

The story involves them finding "another Delta" which crossed into their universe. This "other Delta" found the ability to walk... and other potentially deadly things. They include stretching and launching his forearms out and turning them into very sharp claws that could slice through any metal upon impact and making small portals in order to redirect an attack.

I really haven't developed much on the story.

kaiju coming in the next post

thats pretty fucking hot

... and here it is

The entire shtick of this thing is that it's supposed to be a bizzaro dragonfly