Constantine dies yet Supergirl lives

>Constantine dies yet Supergirl lives
>Supergirl will probably still complain about sexism
Yes we totally live in a patriarchy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JVrK0R-bPeg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How do you retards not understand networks and simple shit like NBCUniversal is different from the WB/CBS

That show was awful. Constantine didn't smoke 3 packages per episode

Move Constantine to CW for fuck sake

He did, he just did it off camera.

We've lived in a matriarchy since 2013 comrade.

Every time I think supergirl is still a thing while Constantine got cancelled I just ask why do I live on this planet.
Shit Constantine was so good my grandmother got into it.

Supernatural was already there, for less money and better ratings.

I hate women as much as the next guy, but don't you think this is because Supergirl is a far more recognisable character, rather than because she's a woman?

fuck forgot about this

>faggots will cry more

It only failed because extreme normies asked their """""nerdy"""" """"""""""""expert""""""""""""" """"""""""""""""""comic book"""""""""""""""""" friends how it was and he based his opinion off of sheekyforums rants on the pilot from 2014

Also supergirl is far more well-known than hellblazer.

It's not really about gender or anything. CBS owns part of CW. NBC is completely unaffiliated. The contracts make it basically impossible to just send the show to CW and they probably didn't want it anyway because they have Supernatural.

That can't be right. Everything is a politically-motivated conspiracy against me, and everyone who doesn't acknowledge it is part of the conspiracy.

If Constantine had gotten the ratings Supergirl did it wouldn't have been cancelled. Can bitch about how good Supergirl was all you want but it was still the highest rated cape show on tv.

Constantine was shit.

Supergirl is shit.

We now have 1 shit instead of 2, the world has improved.

Hellblazer needs a proper adaptation on Netflix/HBO. Not X-files monster-of-the-week shit

>sheekyforums
user, I...

Constantine was a shit show
where did this meme that is good start?
wtf
at least Supergirl is fun
Constantine was boring as shit
I bet you can't remember any of the plot points

There was a plot?

Supergirl stopped complaining about sexism like 4 episodes in

It's objectively better than Arrow or Legends ever were after that. Season 2 of Flash, too.

You're not allowed to show smoking in fiction anymore. It's evil.

It's a good show.

>You look like the attractive yet nonthreatening racially diverse cast of CW show.

youtube.com/watch?v=JVrK0R-bPeg

Racially diverse, check. Attractive, maybe, depending on your tases. And nonthreatening...not so much.

No one needs adaptations

He did by the last few eps

Although on the last episode I assume they realised they got the impending cancellation looming over their head so they stopped giving a shit and just had John chain smoking

>where did this meme that is good start?

Probably new52 readers

I'm not sure I really want this

Constantine was already so watered down to fit the networks standards, the CW would be even worse. And also it would probably result in forced love triangles and Matt Ryan becoming a beefcake for topless scenes every episode

If they're going to move the show to a different channel it needs to be somewhere it will get more freedom

>and Matt Ryan becoming a beefcake for topless scenes every episode

this isn't a bad thing though

The only good thing Supergirl has is the Easter Eggs.

Yeah

Aww, sweetie. You don't know what that word means.

Every time I think that Arrow is a thing while Constantine got cancelled I ask why do I live on this planet. Arrow is the worst of the cape shows.

What's so bad about a patriarchy? Under the patriarchy we've got hospitals and charities and all kinds of amazing inventions and we even put people on the moon.

It had more to do with the timeslot.

they're both far from good.

God I miss this show. When will Matt Ryan show up on a CW show for another cameo?

That show sucked though, and I love Constantine.

>when will Matt Ryan show up on a CW show for another cameo?

Probably never, I mean it's possible, but Matt Ryan's schedule is pretty full because he's an actual theatre actor which most of the CW cape show actors aren't

It felt like his inclusion in arrow was pretty ridiculous in the first place seeing as his acting ability runs laps around the wooden "acting" of Stephen Amell

Which is funny, because Hellblazer was kinda very SWJ. Sort of.

I-I liked it!

Was Hellblazer really SJW-y, though? It ramped on about how evil Thatcher was which was pretty understandable given that John was a working class lad from L'pool and he confronted some racist skinheads, but it doesn't really seem all that SJW

John's attitude towards women would probably make most SJWs want to rip their eyeballs out

Supergirl got better ratings than Constantine.

It's not rocket science.

Maybe if people watched Constantine it wouldn't have gone away.

For its time, as far as I remember, it was. Constantine was a womanizer-ish, but there was, again, as far as I recall, strong female characters. gay pairings, bi-stuff and lesbian stuff. And free love and stuff. And more stuff. And interracial stuff also. Ok, I admit I don't remember the whole thing really well, it's been a while since I read the whole thing.

it was moore what do ya think

I'm not really seeing that as SJW though, more just a generally social liberal approach which is quite fitting seeing as the sort of people he'd have encountered in London in the 80s/90s would be gay, bi and of different ethnicities

Didn't he also fuck a lesbian straight in in Carey's run or something?

Im sorry but since you dont think everything that ever happens is a conspiracy by SJWs I'll have to call you a tumblerite cuck.

>Supergirl stopped complaining about sexism like 4 episodes in
>It's objectively better than Arrow or Legends ever were after that. Season 2 of Flash, too.

The problem with Constantine was the plot was shit, but the guy who played Constantine was great casting, but he couldn't save a boring plot that already knew it was gonna be cancelled in the first two episodes.

I kind of agree with him on the first point. The gender stuff does creep up from time to time but it's largely ignorable outside of one or two lines after the early episodes when it was everywhere. There was an impressive amount of restraint they showed in the Reactron episode in particular by making it purely an age/experience thing on why people doubted Supergirl in comparison to Superman. If that was an early episode they would have gone all in on her being female being part of the reason.

kek

>Was Hellblazer really SJW-y, though?

Not SJW per se (because Im not even sure what the term even fucking means anymore) but it was definitely more lefty than righty in the political spectrum. John is bi, there were gay characters, entire arcs about living in hippie communes, John was a punk rocker, racially diverse cast, mostly working class characters, dissing of Tatcher and the royals, one arc was about a freemason/cryptofascist plot to take over the UK government, another had the coppers facing up against blacks/immigrants, jabs at established religions, etc. I guess by Sup Forums's definition of SJW (pushes any kind of liberal agenda/doesn't actively push a conservative agenda) Hellblazer is pretty SJWy.

>Supergirl stopped complaining about sexism like 4 episodes in
WHITE MALE PRIVILEGE

ANGRY WHITE MEN

I don't remember which run, but he did. I remember that it was a two issues thing, and there was a party in the story, and I think there was something about fathering the girl who was his friend, iirc (and definitely I could be misremembering things. It's been like 10 years that I read it).

Well, liberal will do the trick. My point is that its source material could be sort of interesting for those SJW fellows, or at least, slightly appealing. But given than not a single character in that comic was a mary sue or a gary stu (starting with the very lead character, one of the most flawed pj I've read and, thus, very fun to read), I guess in the end, they couldn't like it.