Evangelion and Gurren Lagann. Is that really all the anime world has to offer...

Evangelion and Gurren Lagann. Is that really all the anime world has to offer? I have searched hard but I seriously can't find anything else worthwhile

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MUIrK8oOe7U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder the rise of Sup Forumsedditors coming over to Sup Forums as a result of Bane memes has led to a shift in taste on Sup Forums

99% of the anime threads here are made by Sup Forumsedditors who only watch LE EPIC MANIME shonen trash and are too scared to post on Sup Forums because no one wants to talk about the same 5 old classic anime that only entry level newfaggots know about. Then they cry about Sup Forums having shit taste and proceed to buy their next avengers movie ticket.

Sup Forums has actually done a fantastic job at keeping out you Sup Forumseddit scum and so all you faggots come crying here because no one wanted to accommodate your newfaggotry.

Also you all treat Sup Forums as a place to ask for recommendations when was made to deal with garbage threads like these that aren't actually discussing anything. This thread should be deleted but since Sup Forums mods are garbage it won't be.

Go watch some Golden Boy and put some joy in your life.

Another addition to your spam rotation after being called out?

>Gurren Lagann

Sup Forums is literally only for talking about moeshit

While Evangelion is objectively the pinnacle of anime and nothing will ever top it there's still plenty of good anime out there
>Cowboy Bebop
>Samurai Champloo
>Berserk
>JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
>Anything by Studio Ghibli
>Anything by Makoto Shinkai
>Anything by Satoshi Kon
>Akira
>Ghost in the Shell

And that's just off the top of my head

>he doesn't know about Studio Ghibli

You have an entire board detected to threads like this.

tv series > movies

FLCL is basically the midpoint between Eva and TTGL. You would probably enjoy it.

Jesus, you are in every single one of these threads, don't you have something better to do?

>gurren lagann
Is that any good?
Is it anything like eva?

>Evangelion is objectively the pinnacle of anime
Ideon and Gunbuster did it first, and better (the latter directed by Anno himself).

Wat do actual Sup Forums posters that might post itt?

Kek no.
youtube.com/watch?v=MUIrK8oOe7U

>Ideon and Gunbuster did it first
Did what exactly?

Neither of those are worthwhile either. It's an awful medium.

really fucking shitty non-endings

It's nothing like Evangelion but it is an incredible show. Evangelion probably sticks with you longer but I've never reacted as strongly as I did to Gurren Lagann

Ideon is basically proto-Eva in terms of story similarities and the Gunbuster protag is basically a female Shinji.

>Is that really all the anime world has to offer?

No. Magical girl shows are severely underrated and are way more watchable and 'serious' than most realize. It honestly is the most worth-while genre that anime has to offer, but people naturally don't think to check it out because they naturally judge most of it by its cover.

Both are worth a watch but the movies are generally more focused in terms of the story.

It's literally a Saturday morning cartoon. Most meme tier show I've ever scene. Animufags will shill it to hell and back though.

>Evangelion is the pinnacle of anime
Then what about pic related and Laputa: Castle in the Sky?
You are a fool who has terrible taste.

I saw a video on youtube a few weeks ago that spoiled what I presume is the final fight in Gurren Lagann.

Is it worth watching the rest of the series or did i spoil myself? I looked up the 'bad guy' the protagonist fought and sorta got a gist of its motives. i don't remember it completely but its still in my mind.

if you're over the age of 20 don't bother getting into gurren/anime in general, you prob won't like it

i've never seen any anime before, and i'm 23. However I did watch neon genesis evangelion like 2 weeks ago and i loved it and still think about it today.

Evangelion started good but it turns into pretentious wank in the last 5 or so episodes and goes full retard with End of Eva. They just threw together a bunch of random Christian imagery and pretended it was 2deep4u

Does the show look interesting to you? If yes watch it, if not don't

>Ghibli
kill yourself you fucking reddit fag

congrats on your autism I guess idk

You have the mind of a child so you'll be fine then

Gurren Lagann is basically the exact opposite of Eva. Eva deconstructs tropes of the mecha genre, where as Gurren Lagann takes those tropes and exaggerates them to such an comical extreme in a really good way. It's worth watching but don't expect anything like Eva

Still a good watch

worth it for the animation alone honestly

no shitty cgi in that show.

>he didn't understand EVA

>he pretends to "get" Eva even though the creator admits its mostly random bullshit

>Attack on Titan season 2 on air
>No single post about it
WTF

the only point is that the creator is just trolling everyone with a bunch of nonsensical pretentious wank, which is the only thing to "understand" about it

This graphic doesn't even make sense anymore since the ONLY thing Sup Forums talks about is moe shit.

You might have better luck discussing reddit: the anime on reddit: the website

no it's a deep cartoon for deep adult children and mature teens

You were thinking about EVA, right ?

watch dragon maid

>he hates Ghibli
What a fool.

Not him, but Ghibli shit is reddit-core, oscar bait garbage made by people who couldn't direct a short 5 minute film in hollywood with real actors, let alone a full length film

>It's popular so it must be bad

Ghili isn't bad though. It's kinda Moe at times but it's not brain dead entertainment either, it's comfy and fun.

I don't see how people couldn't like it objectively speaking