Why is this so bad? I'm honestly only three issues in...

Why is this so bad? I'm honestly only three issues in, but the villains are just poorly written strawmen for the the author's political views--which are views that I share, but that's just shit writing. And the lines have no individual character, it's just trying to insert shit quips wherever they can find it

Falcon as Cap should be a great idea, why is it so bad?

What the fucker is Brubaker doing now days? Brubaker should be writing it.

Nick Spencer sucks asss we've known that since 2011

Why the fuck do they let a complete hack like that on a major title when they're trying to sell a fucking legacy charater

This comic is all the worst parts of the Falcon and none of the good parts

>which are views that I share, but that's just shit writing.
i know that feel all too well. even if it's wellwritten sometimes it's a wound you just dont want opened. or the painfully obvious strawmanning makes your side look worse
>Falcon as Cap should be a great idea
why?

Spencer was amazing on superior foes, just keep giving him weird characters with small fanbases and he'll be fine.

Ugh... racist much???

So bad that they had to bring Steve back.

Say what you will about Whor, at least she sells

>Strawmen
It's not like those people don't exist in real life

The Fix is decent but that's because he's a hack and jus redoing uperior foes again even down to working with lieber. He has zero range as a writer.

I'm still disappointed in Standoff. Started so well then just fell apart into mediocrity.

I like it. People say it's preachy but it never annoyed me because I think Spencer's pretty self aware about it.

Steve coming back was inevitable just like it was last time with Bucky Cap

like people legitimately says this about Obama, it's not at all unrealistic

They should have another shot at Captain America Corps with just these guys.

Caps Legacy.

We are going to have a Captain Bucky on the MCU aren't we.

Caps Red, White, & Blue would be great unfortunately Bucky is having his 90s faze rather late in the Thunderbolts book right now

He wasn't around during the actual 90's, he has to pay his dues.

...I like it

What happened to the Patriot? If Marvel wanted to push a black Captain America, why didn't they use the black character who actually has Cap's powerset?

well, whenever they feel like it they can defrost him, no bigie

>LINES costumes
ugh

Brubaker fucked off to Image earlier than Remender.

He retired from super-heroing at the end of Children's Crusade. Hasn't been seen since.

>He has zero range as a writer.
I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing when you're doing Big 2 capeshit. Just get him on a couple properties that fit his style and let him do his thing.

>Brubaker should be writing it.
Brubaker's run was total shit by the time he was done with it, he should definitely not write Captain America

Really? I just reread it and it was pretty good assuming you stuck to the core books (Welcome, Alpha, Cap 7-8, Omega). It was a Captain America crossover, but the Cap and bookend were the real story. The rest were basically just tie-ins that padded it out to much. I think reading the ANAD and Uncanny Avengers tie-ins actually makes it worse.

It's overcompensating. The author probably expected the book to get shit on because of muh racism, so he attacks his perceived critics, never realizing that most fans wouldn't have a problem with Cap'n Sam, he was Steve's sidekick for years, he was an acceptable substitute while Steve was unavailable.

Don't get me wrong, I'm the first one to bitch about how dumb legacy characters are and how gimmicky they are, but I actually don't mind Captain Falcon's series. I mean, sure, I'm against the /concept/, but the book itself was actually pretty good in my opinion.

>What the fucker is Brubaker doing now days? Brubaker should be writing it.
Brubaker moved on from funny books onto Hollywood. Doubt he's coming back

The problem I had is that this didn't seem like sam.

>the villains are just poorly written strawmen for the the author's political views--which are views that I share, but that's just shit writing

Unless (until) a total crash happens, that seems to be the route they are following right now. Hamfisted crap for ideas they talked about in comics more than 20 years ago. That's the plot.

nah breh, it's fucking good

get it right

This.
Of course, I never bother keeping up with who's writing so is this current guy even a regular Cap writer?

That "Sup Forums enemy-of-the-week" thing has been the tried and true Captain America formula for decades, what have you been reading?