My friend legitimately thinks that the Justice League films in combination with the amount of superhero films within...

My friend legitimately thinks that the Justice League films in combination with the amount of superhero films within the next few years will cause Infinity War Part 2 to bomb and that "people will only see Infinity War Part 1 out of curiosity" and I strongly disagree with him saying the crash if anything would likely come AFTER Infinity War 2 due to the second half likely being the bigger movie and having nearly every MCU movie character under the sun in it.

So, which do you believe is more likely? That Infinity War 2 will bomb or if anything it'll be one of the more higher grossing movies to come out? To his credit Civil War is considered to be under performing already and of course people are pointing fingers to Batman v Superman.

Is your friend a nerd?

Civil War is underperforming because its Captain America 3.
if it was Avengers 3, it'd be over a billion already.

It's an avengers movie. It wont bomb.
The decline in mcu flick sales will be gradual. And probably not a thing until all the huge stars are rotated out

So, not only a movie that so far made over 850 million worldwide and it's the second highest grossing movie of the year is considered "a flop", but also a movie that more than likely will make over a billion worldwide is now considered "underperforming"?
Wtf is this shit?

It'll always be good enough to run a profit user, James Bond has 26 goddamn films, and it's still going...

This is the most laughable thing I've read all day. The first Avengers is one of the highest grossing films for being a superhero ensemble film (besides technically X-Men) for the first time. Infinity War is going to be on that level times ten, and it's a guarantee all the heroes won't be all completely together until Part 2, and that alone is worth heavy advertisment that will sell on the casual audience.

Justice League ain't phasing how many people are seeing this movie or how much it makes no way, because it's in our human nature to be attracted towards competition. All it'll do is fuel the flames a little more.

Case in point, your friend's an idiot and you should gloat the box office in his face 3 years from today when it's already over 900 million

James Bond doesn't do 3 films a year + tv + competitor copycats

capeshit fatigue is getting overbearing.

It won't die completely, but it will crash.

If BASED RUSSOS keep making cape films, people will continue to buy tickets to see them. It really is that simple.

I think they can stretch it out to the end of Phase 5 if they play their cards right.
After that it's slim pickings.

Manual reminder that the western movie genre lasted nearly 70 years despite MOST of them being shit.

sounds like your friend needs to learn how to enjoy the fried basedness that is chic fil a

Your friend seems like the type of nigga to watch One Piece and call it childish

Superhero movies print money. Even ASM2 made money.

I feel like Justice League is the last chance DC has because they can't fuck it up.

I fucking LOVE the Justice League and I'm tired of them only getting it right in animated films. I highly doubt that JL will Eclipse it by any means.

I still think it's insane that in spite of a generous net profit B v S is considered a failure. I mean why does everybody dislike it so much? I thought it was fine and would honestly put it on the level with Civil War. Are people just butthurt that Marvel introduced the Avengers first and the Justice League is just getting started?

I mean seriously this is fucking ridiculously petty.

I just want to see Daredevil on big screen.

It's actually surpassing Iron Man 3.
It took 21 days for Age of Ultron to surpass 1 billion.

Part 2s have been proven to be highly profitable basically no matter what

As a dc fag, it saddens me to admit this market belongs to marvel. They can do no wrong at this time, like how Apple is the king of the market right now. Your friend need to face the music

>civil war under-performing

this is a fucking crime if it's true, that thing is the best movie marvel's ever made

B v S was not a good idea to get the JL started. I mean in the comics that shit is late into the story and they some how pulled it into what it was for the movie. The executives at Fox are apparently fucking idiots because making Batman and Superman enemies from the beginning was abysmally stupid.

They hired an "artist" to do B v S, bad idea. The "you just don't get it" message rings thin to people who just want to be entertained.

Oh and they chose a fucking terrible Lex Luther anyways.

>Fox

>I fucking LOVE the Justice League and I'm tired of them only getting it right in animated films
They should just give up on live and concentrate on animation.

Stop looking for fuckin g excuses to dismiss hate. People genuinely hate bvs. And there were long endless threads with though out posts elaborating on the many reasons for it's hate. People didnt just decide to hate cos muh marvel.

>and would honestly put it on the level with Civil War
Then you're a moron

It's not.
It's actually set to reach 1 billion in less time than Age of Ultron did.

>What is Mission Impossible
>implying there aren't a dozen spy movies a year

It won't crash as long as long as the movies continue to be good.

The 'bubble' doesn't exist.

Hunger games part 2 flopped bad.

I honestly don't think it'll ever crash. I think Americans, as much as they might not want to admit it, are fucking IN LOVE with superheroes. There's a reason those fuckers have been so popular for so long, and I think we've just finally hit the time where they can reach a broader audience, through film. Because special effects are no longer ass.

the highest opening weekend of all time is somehow considered underperforming lel

forgot to put 5th highest