Homestuck

Is Roxy genuinely a good character, or is she just fortunate enough to have debuted late enough in the story so not to have her character ruined?

Other urls found in this thread:

archiveofourown.org/works/6796606/chapters/15622561
mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=007681
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Is Roxy genuinely a good character
Only by Homestuck's low, low standards

Fucking kek

holy shit

Considering the amount of terrible, Act-6-introduced characters, Roxy's just that good.

>that banner ad
>what it links to
I'm sensing mixed messages.

what's it link to i can't see it

it fucking links to a playlist of homestuck cringe

amazing user! thank you

I think this is literally the only actual ad on all of Sup Forums
Every other banner is just the stock "read the rules" and "advertise on Sup Forums" shit

Just delete it for good

You know that awful clip of a vriska cosplayer doing a strip tease at a con...?

Yeah

There's an ad on Sup Forums and /vg/ too

To stay on topic roxy is on of the best characters in the comic period by virtue of actually growing and developing through more than le ebin Mario star subversion

Also holy shit I can't believe that user actually bought banner ads too fucking kek

beautiful

new chapter of metastuck-related fansession is up. archiveofourown.org/works/6796606/chapters/15622561 give commentary so i have stuff to incorporate into the story pls

Genuinely good character, she has numerous positive features, good relationships and chemistry, solid development over the course of her screen time and understandable flaws that are inkeeping with her character.

You could very easily argue that she's actually the best character in the story after Caliborn of course.

She's the closest any homestuck has been to being waifu material, so yeah, pretty good.

Looking back on it I think this was the most cringey part of Homestuck

mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=007681

>implying preact 6 rose wasn't the toppest tier waifu
Get off my board

The starman mario part still tastes bitter given the events that eventually follow.

I wish people understood that just because you bring up issues before they actuall occur doesn't mean that the issue is fucking fixed
All it actually does is show you wrote yourself into a corner and aren't cleaver enough to get out

it's like a formspring rant disguised as a page of homestuck

all her character growth (read: stops drinking) happens off screen and her personal journey amounts to her alien spirit guide telling her what to do + giving her a temporary power up.

She's likable, but she's barely more of a robust character than john

although I guess that was the point

i wish caliborn didnt talk to andrew, or at least if he had to then i wish andrew was a bit funnier and less obvious. im totally cool with extrapolating shit like the mario star thing without his help, and when i work stuff like that out it seems really cool and subtle. being super blatant about it sucks and when it inevitably gets contradicted later it just makes the while thing seem pointless.

This thread sucks. Let it die.

It's like he thought he was being ironic but he forgot where he was going with it.
Just like
everything.

He probably forgot where he was going with every plot line each time he took a year off

Aradia plays no part in death, only what comes after

Also I forgot to flip it turnways

yeah there's another thread up

It's best to limit it to one thread as to not piss off the mods

>you can't just flick a switch and solve all a character's problems
>instead you should just push them offscreen and have that solve all a character's problems
The more I think about Homestuck the angrier I get.

I'd say she has more development than just that, she seemed to be the only one in her session that wanted to work together harmoniously despite the hardships. The others being too wrapped up in their issues with Jake being the primary force against this, hence her attempt to get them to sort things out at Jane's birthday party. She tried, it didn't work, but you respect her for keeping her head up in these things, much like John obviously. The difference I'd put forward between the two is that John's positive thinking and friendleading was just natural to him, he did it without actually trying to. Roxy's seem more intentional, given that before the game she was pretty reliant on Calliope to just inform her what was likely to happen.

Both John and Roxy needed a boot up the behind from Terezi to sort their shit out anyways, though you're right that once again that development gets completed off screen for whatever stupid reason. I at least appreciated that she had her mind set on helping Calliope and followed through with it by asking for help from John. But your point has a lot of truth to it, given how much time they spent together.

guys

She plays a part in SUCKING MY DICK

This page right here is the reason Act 6 was so shit.

Hussie pretty much gave an emphasis on the first 4 Acts(especially in the recaps) that he was unbiased about his characters and their aspirations.

Him delving into his Tumblr fanbase really sucked the creativity right out of him.