Would you watch a "The Search for Gollum" trilogy set between "The Hobbit" and "The Lord of the Rings"?

would you watch a "The Search for Gollum" trilogy set between "The Hobbit" and "The Lord of the Rings"?

asking for a friend

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IgqIh5F_rqE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No. There's not enough material for it, and the fan movie was terrible.

no

The Hobbit movies pretty much killed any interest i had in Middle Earth

Yes, I will literally watch anything to do with LOTR

>would you watch a "The Search for Gollum" trilogy set between "The Hobbit" and "The Lord of the Rings"?

Yes of course
Im surprised they haven't announced a Middle Earth extended universe yet. There is so much they could adapt from the appendix of Return of the King

Only if Galadriel riverdanced in it

>There's not enough material for it

so?

no, after the hobbit i don't trust jackson to do anything

Only if it would go in length into Aragorn's tax policy

So I'm not interested in shitty fanfiction like The Hobbit was (and Hobbit had a lot more source material to work with)

Sure if it was Jackson going back to his roots. A movie about Gollum in the style of Braindead/Bad Taste would be pretty entertaining.

>Im surprised they haven't announced a Middle Earth extended universe yet

there will be.
there will be.

>"people" ITT actually entertaining the idea of more LotR movies

Have you no shame? Do you not understand that some things need to be left alone? That filling in all the gaps of mythology destroys the mysticism? Are you the same man children that obsess over the same regurgitated capeshit movie every 3 months? Are you the kind of people that will be there on opening day for Spider-Man 6?

I think they should pull a Disney and make "A Lord Of The Rings Story" film franchise. Just throw a bunch of dwarves and elves and cameo Gandalf or whatever, spend 100M on CGI sequences. Let's get this shit cranked out, consumers demand more!

Movies are supposed to entertain.

Should they make more LotR movies? No, probably not. Would new films be welcomed if they were done right? Hell yes. Any fan of the series would be delighted to see more of this shit on the silver screen.

Why do you make it your business to vilify people for enjoying things? Sure, the hobbit films were a mess, but that doesn't necessarily mean that fans should be put off by the idea about future things to come. I know that a lot of people are hoping for a Silmarillion adaptation.

youtube.com/watch?v=IgqIh5F_rqE

What was he thinking?

no.

Give me more fucking ORIGINAL FILMS not this prequel bullshit

>WB
>In charge of a cinematic universe
What could possibly go wrong?

>implying you wouldn't love an Aragorn Origins movie

This.
I'd love to see a NEW high fantasy movie.

Problem is that JRR Tolkein was a genius and LOTR was his masterpiece. You can't just recreate that. Lightning in a bottle.

even Gandalf said it was tedious, exhausting and arduous. A young Aragorn movie might be ok but Viggo nailed the role and most people would be confused by his escapades in Gondor and Rohan in disguise.

Gardians of the Galaxy 2 is quite good but we need something truely new, not something coasting on marvel coat tales

Reminder that WB is just waiting for Chris to die before making their cinematic universe

LoTR was most definitely not his masterpiece, his best literary work from a technical standpoint are Sigurd and Gudrun and overall the Simarillion is his masterpiece. LoTR and the Hobbit were just entertaining stories in his mind, not great literary works.

you'd think that action figures of a young aragorn would sell like hot cakes