Alien C

this is legit -the- worst out of the entire Aliens/Prometheus series of movies, its even worse than alien 3 and alien:ress. I would even put some AVP movies above this hack job

>overtly retarded and emotional humans
>weapons that do nothing
>david lacks a clear motive/reason for his behaviour
>no exploration of the engineers
>plot holes, plot holes, plot holes
>neomorphs are cgi shit and not much different from the black ones, function wise
>hardly even get time with the aliens before it ends
>alien somehow develop 10x faster than their evolved versions in the old movies

>overtly retarded and emotional humans
Yup. No lessons learned from Prometheus
>weapons that do nothing
Not really. Conventional weapons kill one of the neomorphs
>david lacks a clear motive/reason for his behaviour
He makes it pretty explicit, he wants to experiment on people
>no exploration of the engineers
Engineer were a terrible idea in the first place & the worst part of Prometheus
>plot holes, plot holes, plot holes
Like?
>neomorphs are cgi shit and not much different from the black ones, function wise
>hardly even get time with the aliens before it ends
Definitely agree on those two, didn't really feel like an Alien movie til the very end
>alien somehow develop 10x faster than their evolved versions in the old movies
True but a very minor nitpick

The bigger plothole was why even develop the weapon from the original form, that dust that can get into your body through your skin? That seems like a pretty much perfect killer, whereas facehuggers are pretty inefficient

I thought it was pretty good senpai, then again I paid attention whilst watching the movie

This. People seem to be just be pissed off because it's not Alien or Aliens. Those were like 30 years ago dudes, film making has moved on. People don't go around blasting every action movie because it doesn't look like Die Hard

>He makes it pretty explicit, he wants to experiment on people
but why? because hes feeling emo? theres no compelling drive

>True but a very minor nitpick
but thats a core part of Aliens, you get infected and part of the terror is when it slowly grows in you. Why would it slow down in a more evolved version?

if you paid attention you would have realised its pure shit

LMAO WHO NEEDS HELMETS

LMAO LETS DETOUR TO THIS MYSTERIOUS PLANET DESPITE THE FACT WEARE CARRYING PRECIOUS CARGO AND SPENT DECADES AND TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS TO SURVEY AND VET THE ORIGINAL DESTINATION PLANET

LMAO LETS JUST LAND WITHOUT MAKING MORE DETAIL OBSERVATIONS, AND YES, THE CAPTAIN COMES WITH US, BECAUSE WHY NOT

>4 posts
>3 unique ID

stop samefagging

David's motive was stated in Prometheus

which is?????

Because he's a weird robot and doesn't understand how life works? I think it was explained pretty well dude
>but thats a core part of Aliens, you get infected and part of the terror is when it slowly grows in you. Why would it slow down in a more evolved version?
Oh you mean when it's inside the person. Yeah that was pretty weird ho it's almost instant, and ties into my last point, the original form of the weapon seems so much for efficient vs the final xenomorph. Doesn't Ash describe it as the perfect killer in the first movie?

Also, plot holes? Any examples? Apart from people acting like idiots

>LMAO WHO NEEDS HELMETS
Do you also sperg out when they don't wear helmets on Star Trek? Its fiction, grow up

>LMAO LETS DETOUR TO THIS MYSTERIOUS PLANET DESPITE THE FACT WEARE CARRYING PRECIOUS CARGO AND SPENT DECADES AND TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS TO SURVEY AND VET THE ORIGINAL DESTINATION PLANET
This was established pretty well, James Franco got incinerated and nobody wanted to get back in their pods. Some crew say its a bad idea but the captain thinks its worth checking out at least due to the human signal coming from a seenlingly habitable planet. Its not much of a stretch to believe those onboard would want to investigate at least

>LMAO LETS JUST LAND WITHOUT MAKING MORE DETAIL OBSERVATIONS, AND YES, THE CAPTAIN COMES WITH US, BECAUSE WHY NOT
Detailed observations of what? Why cant the captain come? Why are you so angry over this flick?

He felt humans were weak and pathetic (as he said about Mr Weyland to Walter) he wanted to create something superior to take their place

Remember they had that little solar powered rover? Why not just send that?

Finding out that humans built him for fun

>X film does this, so its okay for Y film to do this too
??? not even the same universe, why dont you apply harry potter rules to this movie too

>mysterious planet no one knows much about
>send your highest in command down on a whim
>make these rash YOLO decisions just because some whiny "first world problem" folks didnt felt like following more orders
>implying they are not ultimately answerable to mission control back home on earth

Prometheus and Covenant are literally Star Wars prequel-tier movies: expanding on things that didn't need to be expanded on, adding convoluted retcons and connections, complete with its own variation of the midichlorian meme in form of black goo.

>Conventional weapons kill one of the neomorphs

yea, like one single time
rest of the movie it might as well be a pea shooter

Why is this movie so polorising?
I found the movie fine, like Prometheus yet the reactions are all over the place.

If I were to watch this (which I most likely won't), I would want to see something in line with Alien. The more of these movies get made the worse they get. They had a chance to bring it back to something meaningful and worthy of the original with Prometheus and blew it. That movie makes Aliens look like some high brow kino. I have absolutely no expectations for Covenant.

davids drive comes from weyland, trying to make the perfect lifeform, weyland is no longer around but the drive remains.

as for the lifecycle speed, maybe the closer in generations the lifeforms are to goo the faster they reproduce and grow?

>>plot holes, plot holes, plot holes
Name one plot hole in Covenant. Don't you fucking dare post something that isn't explained as evidence of a plot hole.

I'm sure there are talented writers in the world who could make something out of these movies but what we get is this brainless money grubbing shit. Throw some xenos and some explosions in and the plebs will eat that shit.

All your opinions are wrong. You either didn't see the movie or are too retarded for even entry-level sci-fi.

If you think practical Xenomorphs looked good go to youtube right now and look up footage from Aliens. They looked fucking stupid in motion.

Why hasn't any alien sequel surpassed the second one? Aliens isn't even that good but it wins just by virtue of being a halfway competent, functional action thriller.

Now you have Ridley Scott undermining the mystery and spookiness of his own film and changing the lore in ways the james cameron movie didn't even remotely try to do. Why is it so hard to make a good alien movie? Alien 3 is a broken mess and even that manages to capture the spirit of the first movie better than anything subsequent to it.

the engineer ship in original Alien full of eggs is impossible

>all engineers are dead here
>aliens are created by david, not engineers

so how does an engineer ship end up with hundreds of alien eggs somewhere else for nostromo to find

What I don't understand; is that they have guns. So that establishes that they have a contingency for agressive native life at their destination, right? In fact they were utterly nonplussed by the presence of trees, and were actually surprised there's no birds or animals. This raises important questions as to how common life is in the Alien universe. Are Weyland-Yutani tripping over planets teeming with life?

So, if they expect to find life at their destination, why do they utterly fail to account for the possibility of viruses?
Oh wait, because the plot needs them to.

People are angry not because it's a bad movie, but because it's not the movie they want it to be.

>tfw too dumb to understand a Ridley Scott movie

This is what I thought, its just Prometheus all over again

Why are you referring to something that is literally irrelevant to Covenant?

>entry-level sci-fi

>walks around on alien planet without protective clothing

ie a good one

maybe cameron shouldnt have been a fukn idiot and changed them so they are like bugs that require cgi so their movement looks convincing for what they are trying to portray

>convent is officially prequel to Alien series
>irrelevant

what?? its 100% irrelevant, the movie does not exist in a vacuum

It's one thing to get space flu, it's another to get space ebola. A pilot freaking out because someone is convulsing and bleeding doesn't seem far fetched. Notice how the black doctor actually tries to help the guy and only get's scared when he starts bleeding and having shit come out of the guy's back.

>Why is it so hard to make a good alien movie?

Because the creative genius behind it is gone, and Ridley can't coast oh his ideas anymore.

>land on planet
>computer evaluates air composition and topography
>tells you it's basically Earth
>walk around without a mask
WHOA CRAZY

Do you have any idea of the severe brain damage you seem to be suffering from?

>but thats a core part of Aliens, you get infected and part of the terror is when it slowly grows in you. Why would it slow down in a more evolved version?

Maybe because a longer gestation period makes it less likely that those around will be on their guard when it emerges, increasing its chances of survival?

yea lets just trust a scan that doesnt even tell you the FAUNA and FLORA on the planet

>wow we have WHEAT, SO MAGICAL

for all they know the planet could have ass raping monsters-

oh wait :^)

He values intelligence, but instead of creating something intelligent, smarter than humans, he creates parasitic mindless space cockroaches? How tge fuck woykd he cosider those to be perfect?

wew Disney shills are going all out on this one. Guess your employees want a strong 3rd weekend for GotG2 eh?

The worst thing is that the Steyrs could have easily been Pulse Rifles or even proto-Pulse Rifles. It could have been the easiest nod to Aliens to make and the decision not to do that had to have been very purposeful on Scott's part.

You're a retard.
>clearly interstellar species
>they're all extinct because David bombed that one city
No.
>David created Xenos
We saw David make xenos here, doesn't mean he's the only one, or even the first one to do so.
There's a 10 years span between Covent and 8th Passenger, and two or three more movies to cover that period, so there's every reason to think this will be explained eventually. Just because all the answers aren't given right away doesn't mean it's a plot hole.

>asks for plot hole
>plot is constructed in a way that doesnt make sense for the entire series, not just the movie
>not a plot hole

do you drink lead water or something?

>for all they know the planet could have ass raping monsters

That's why they bought the guns

>for all they know the planet could have ass raping monsters-
Which is why they had military equipment up the ass and weapons. Don't really see how they should have expected the planet to be the home of the absolute worst parasitic species in the universe.

Not falling for the bait

> hivemind and ability to co-ordinate and strategise
> mindless

okaaay

okaaaaay

So you saing that they never heard about pathogens in that universe? People wear protective gear and masks when walking into old houses, but not on alien planet?

I enjoyed this movie, I'd say it was as good if not better than Prometheus.
>Alien
>Aliens
>Prometheus
>AC

I'd have preferred if they focused more on Davids journey of becoming a creator and wanting to be worshipped by his creations.

Its more like the movie got shilled to kingdom fuck in the UK and a lot of them on this board are trying to pass off this turd as kino to try and mentally justify their expenditure of time and money.

so they had enough sense to being guns but not enough sense to bring masks or helmets

even here on planet earth people wear masks or even hazmat suits when entering old homes or mines

they were literally romping around in tshirts and jeans

So how will more facehuggers be made?

Nothing led us to believe that David created a Queen. Or created the Xenos hierarchical society. He had two facehugger samples at the end. And none of his black goo research materials. After those two facehuggers infect two random crew members, how will the species propagate? The first two Xenos to chest burst weren't Queens, why should we be led to believe the others will be?

But the computer ruled out airborne pathogens. The air was perfectly clean because those little monster-spores only showed up by disturbing the pods on the ground.

Is it true robot Fassbinder fingers himself or something?

He just does the fingering while Watson does the blowing.

Exactly this was what took me out of the movie for good. Why do they have guns but not sealed breathing gear? Are space bears common? It seems like totally backwards logic.

Drones/Warriors can eventually evolve into Queens if there isn't one readily available.

Fucking hand held rifles? Come on

The entire theatre exploded with laughter at the fingering line. Fuck me that was bad.

Do you guys actually think Ridley won't retconn the existence of a xeno queen? He hates it.

>OVEN CANT

is Ridley Scott secretly homophobic?

"i'll do the fingering"
"i love you" *gay kiss*

>David is creepy and weird
>shows him having homo vibes with Walter, as if being gay is unnatural, degenerate or undesirable, along with the rest of his fetishes

As a LGBT person i'm actually semi triggered

Literally the same mold on earth works, and thats why people wear masks in old houses. Dont they any safety protocols? Literally any lab course in college in better secured than this space colonization mission

Saw it today. Pretty good. Will watch the director's cut because they've left out a lot of scenes you can see in the trailer and other videos on YouTube

Why would androids avoid sexual innuendo?

Blowing and fingering are reasonable terms for the actions of playing a flute. The line didn't bother me at all.

>so there's every reason to think this will be explained eventually
Like how Prometheus explains literally nothing.

Yeah, it was a bit 'dude gays r weird lmao'

This is a fucking 5-movies run you absolute autist.
>waaah waaah it was a bad movie because it leaves question unanswered
I shouldn't have to tell you how fucking plebtastic of an attitude that is.

>That seems like a pretty much perfect killer, whereas facehuggers are pretty inefficient
David wanted to create his own lifeform. Pretty much like weyland created him.

>when you can see the dumpster fire from across the galaxy

I haven't seen AvP, but other than that I didn't think any of the older movies were bad. Just very different to each other, which is a good thing. This isn't really some epic science fantasy saga like Star Wars, lore and the overarching narrative doesn't really matter to me. I liked having different people's takes on the Alien idea, with Ripley there to ground it with some continuity.

Alien 3 in particular I think is underrated. Resurrection is intentionally farcical, which I think rubs people the wrong way because they are too attached to the series. If it was released as an unrelated sci-fi movie, I think it would be better appreciated.

Prometheus and Covenant manage to take themselves way too seriously, and still have huge plot holes/terrible logic, which is not a good mix. They try to be more than Alien, but at the same time they rely very heavily on references to Alien. Again, not a good mix. Should have released them as a separate series, but I suppose it would be difficult to market a completely new Ridley Scott series in the 2010s.

Prometheus had some good ideas, but Covenant gave them up. It has no integrity whatsoever. Scott admitted that the xenomorph is only in the movie because people asked for it. Yet, the final product features it as a huge focal point.

>>shows him having homo vibes with Walter, as if being gay is unnatural, degenerate or undesirable, along with the rest of his fetishes

Um... That's because being gay is unnatural and degenerate, user. Seek help.

Did anyone catch the scene where David plays the role of the Engineer from this scene?

I think it says why the Engineer ripped Davids head off. Like David, he saw this new creation as a threat to him and he had to stop it.

>James Franco got incinerated
Why would you spoil the only good part of a movie

remember when people defended the plot holes in promethus, saying it would be explained in the next movie................?

>yesssss just give us more money goy, dont worry we'll tell you the FULL STORY next time

This is a trope throughout movies and culture in general, underage faggot.

It was so satisfying. Truly a great way to start the movie

Does this flick have more scientist running in a straight line?

>David quoting Shelley
>In pic related location

KINO

>xenomorphs are a huge focal point

Wot m8?
Covenant is heavily focussed on David, he starts and ends the movie. Xenos are in it for 2 scenes, just to provide some action

>AvP

It was pretty terrible. The sequel was even worse.

Everything in your post I agree with, except A:C which I haven't seen (don't really care about spoilers though).

Oh boy, four more of these

>Just very different to each other, which is a good thing.

This guy gets it. At least Jeunet had the balls to completely run it off the rails and incorporate other media, like "Aliens: Labyrynth". Ridley just half assed it with expanding things nobody asked him to expand upon, and then caving in and tying it back to Alien. He could've just filmed "Isolation" and he would be praised for it. Instead he decided to release his incoherent, half baked ideas on us.

It's just a cash grab at this point, nothing makes sense story-wise, and the characters are so artificially stupid that you can't relate to them in any single way.

I was stoked when Prometheus was revealed, now I just can't give a shit about the Alien franchise, way to go you fucking hack!

And just to add insult to injury, the new Predator movie looks even worse, like some failed tv pilot with the worst cast I've seen in a long time.

It seems sci-fi horror/action is dead :/

>2 or 3 more movies to cover that period
Please, no. I would be hard pressed to find a compelling reason why there needs to be a trilogy of films to explain that aliens attacked other aliens and got their ship crashed.

fuck remember the days when the Predators made aliens to fight. Dark Horse was the shit.

Agreed with you, apart from Prometheus having some good ideas
>dude I literally just read Chariots of the Gods lmao

Maybe david's xenos turn other people into eggs, like it was supposed to be in alien. Ripley is slowly fazing Aliens out of canon.

but its 2017 already

did scott not get the memo?

They're ROBOTS you flaming FRUIT

>if I reduce the plot of an entire franchise to 1 sentence I can make it sound pointless and retarded
Congrats boyo. By that logic one shouldn't give a fuck about any work of fiction ever.

Yes, but David's arc is centred around the xenomorph.

What's wrong with incorporating that into a film?

What about the Video game with Ripley's daughter. Wasn't that approved by Scott.

Looked good, too

Nothing really, just not particularly original and not unique to Prometheus

I thought i was the only one!

what is wrong with ressurection?

isolation is straight kino compared to this trash

What happened to Walter? Did David grab the knife and overpower him, or did Walter suddenly have a change of heart and let him go? Because you see Walter beginning to keep striking David.
I was so confused in the theatre.

Also I was waiting for Dr Manhattan to start to look into the egg, but then go "Naw fuck that I'm out of here" and leave. Having him just get facehugged was so boring and drawn out.