Dylan and Sword-Bot

Greetings Sup Forums I've come to spread news of this masterpiece I'm working on.
>Bionic Operative Technology or Bots are mankind's next big thing.
>high quality Bots are usually expensive
>Enter Dylan Baxter who received Sword-Bot, A high quality Bot, on his 13th from his Grandfather, Dr. Gerald Baxter who helped invent Bots.
>Fast Forward 3 Years. Dylan's evil older brother, Rick, is planning on taking and/or destroying Sword-Bot and taking over the world.
>Overwhelmed with a sense of duty and Justice Dylan and Sword-Bot begin their quest to Dylan's late grandfather's laboratory far away.
>Unfortunately for Dylan, Rick sent Bots and Bot-Operators after him.
>one of which was Claire, Dylan's love interest who's grandfather worked with Dr. Baxter creating the Bots, and Ax-Bot, a Bot who know more about Sword-Bot than she should.
>Fight! Dylan and Sword-Bot! Fight to save the world!
Does this sound like a Comic and/or Cartoon Sup Forums is willing to read and/or watch?

It looks like shit, bruh.

The art of the story? If it's the art I'm sorry. I'm a sub-par artist. I try.

*or

Me and my stupid Ideas why did I think this was a good idea!

trust me dude, it's better not to show or tell Sup Forums your ideas or your webcomic, they're just going to stomp on it and tell you to kill yourself

Maybe I should have went on tumblr for this.

Is Claire a dickgirl?
Because she should be.

or steal it

You have to be over 18 to use this site champ.

Maybe. I haven't finished drawing her design. Heck, I haven't even started. Anything is possible

personally i wouldn't dare go on tumblr myself but maybe you should, i've been working on my webcomic although i feel like i lost hope at this point.

What makes you say I'm not over 18?

I can't navigate through tumblr to save my own damn life.

This thread.

Maybe I'm just a newfag.

Maybe you need to kill yourself. The evil older brother shit is below fanfiction.net tier garbage

i never even been there

The cycle of creative improve was - make stuff, get criticism, improve, go to step 1, repeat until you die.

The internet has destroyed this cycle forever. The anonymity that the internet grants means that users instinctively say things they couldn't get away with in 'meatspace'. As a result, criticism trends to be harsher. A level of harshness that the human psyche is not as good at adapting to as 'meatspace' levels. Thus, it's harder for someone to (A) persevere and improve. It's more likely that (B) they give up (you don't hear about those ones, because they don't make anything) or (C) decide that the criticism is wrong, butthurt or outright trolling. Problem is, to think no criticism aimed at you is valid is to think you recieve no criticism. As a result, not only do you never improve, but you also get an inflated ego. As more and more kids grow up with the internet, the latter two groups are going to get bigger and bigger. And group (C), being the voiciferous one of the latter two, may even recruit more and more people into it.

My mom didn't raise a shit-posting faggot. What about your mom.

*cycle of creative improvement

Your mom raised a manchild that's trying to shill his terrible cartoon idea on Sup Forums while getting pissy at everyone who thinks it's retarded, because it is.

>My mom didn't raise a shit-posting faggot.
Yes, she did, especially the faggot part.
>What about your mom.
See what I mean?

Let's be real. OP's ideal is uninspired as fuck, especially the bit about the evil older brother. Not saying that it couldn't work, but as it is now it leaves a lot to be desired.

Personally dude i think you should just keep making your webcomic or whatever and post is anywhere but here.
this isn't the kind of place for someone to make a webcomic regardless of quality

I just wanted was to show the world a self proclaimed brilliant idea for a story and see how the idea would hold. I didn't want to be shot in the foot severely with harsh criticism or a reality check. I know the world sucks but I'm still gonna smile anyways.

Maybe it is a little un-inspired but that wasn't that idea wasn't the original concept

i said the same thing once here, but you're better off fucking off

You see, this is what the internet needs more of.

There are no inherently good ideas, just good executions.

>Un-Inspired as fuck
>better off fucking off.
They said sticks and stones would break my bones but words would never hurt me. Well these words hurt me. They hurt me bad but they inspire me. They Inspire me to try harder.

Please tell me this is bait if it isn't please do a favor and never post any of your shit comic

I wasn't going to make it here. I was going to make a little mini comic book series and maybe put some of the money away for the future.

look dude, i'm not trying to be an asshole, but you're not going to get anything positive from posting here.
just go to some other site and post your work there hopefully if it's good or cringey enough some user might post your work here, just to laugh at you like they do chris chan.

Chris-chan still posts here?

Maybe you should just workshop the story alone
That way you save time and money just in case nothing works out

I mean "Bionic Operative Technology or B.O.Ts for short"
Really?
Nobody's going to say "that's a dumb name for what is literally just a robot" in your universe, not even once?

I don't know about that. Our "How's your webcomic" threads actually tend to be pretty helpful as long as the person in question is really serious about actually improving and taking criticism. Although I suppose it's been a while since I've been to those threads so I wouldn't know if they've suddenly had a sharp decrease in quality.

He never posted here, which is what he was saying
Some dude would just repost your work here and tell everyone to check out what a losery autist you are

No offense, but nobody wants to see another chris-chan or let someone turn into another chris-chan

>I'm swilling to take constructive criticism. And I know my drawing sucks. Not much I can do about it either. Art wasn't really my best ability. Plus you guys keep on saying this is a web comic. I never decided on making this a web comic. I just planed on making this a regular comic you could go to your comic store to pick up or a graphic novel that people would read leisurely or even a cartoon with a "monster of the week" plot that kids Would wake up on Saturday morning to catch an new episode of. Web-Comics aren't really my thing.

he's to busy being a tranny and watching sonic boom to even bother posting here.
yeah right

Don't remind me. You know, I wonder what's going to be of him when his mom bites the dust.

i'm pretty sure his mom's dead dude

That's not really how comics work
You need talent to get a publisher to pick up your comic and print it
or a lot of money to print it yourself

And even then, you have to get retailers to buy your comic so they can sell it
and if they don't think that they can sell it, they won't buy it

Webcomics are reserved for people who want to get their comic out there at a low cost, which is why everyone assumes you want it to be a webcomic

People already dislike it this much
There's almost no way people would be able to find something like this at a comic store unless you paid your local comic shop to sell it

I've really gotta start keeping up with all this.

you really shouldn't, chris chan isn't somebody worth anybodies time.

If he's cringy enough to be famous. Well... Infamous. He's worth my time

Relax. I have everything under control plus that idea of mine? Half thought through and half off the top of my head. I wasn't going for anything too special. I just tried mixing JJBA and Scott Pilgrim vs the World with ideas that came from earlier concepts.

nobody want another chris chan
> I just tried mixing JJBA and Scott Pilgrim vs the World
that's weird, i've trying to make something like that too but i never read SP, it's still shit though, you gotta make something new dude, not make shit from other shit.
i've been trying to make a comic starting with the MC helping a girl out from bullying but that's already been done in JJBA. you gotta bring some new to the table dude, something that doens't say "simpsons did it"

>Bionic Operative Technology or Bots
First of all, if it's an acronym shouldn't it be B.O.T.S. or BOTS?

And second, why the hell does it need to be a stupid acronym? Bot has been used as short for robot since forever. Bionic Operative Technology doesn't even make sense.

you're post made me laugh

FUCK! WRONG YOUR

Something new... That's going to be hard because whatever was new is either taken or not good. I might as well tell the truth because there's no use trying to hide it anymore. I'm under 18. And I'm sitting here at 2 in the morning with the plot of an apparently shitty attempt of a comic series thinking to myself that I don't want to get banned and nor do I know what to do.

You're right. Fuck the acronym. Bot can be fine just the way it is

duuuuuude... just go to bed.
if you really want to make a comic or whaterver the fuck just do it.
make a tumblr and do it.
just don't post it here because we're not going to support you

I think this would be pretty successful, especially if you submitted it to some shitty hipster mag .

It's a great idea in that cliche, tryhard anime stage of being 13 years old. Hipsters would eat this up.

If you want the truth I completely remember all the shitty plots I made when I was young. At the time I thought they were brilliant, but they were just a clusterfuck of things I had already seen. My problem was that I could bear to take things out of a story or change it.

Just keep working on your shitty stories. Eventually you'll come to figure out what makes them shitty and you can use that knowledge to make your next story better. Nobody's first story was brilliant, you've got to exercise your story-telling abilities. If you're serious about it start looking more into story structure while practicing your art.

I wasn't asking for support. I was asking wether or not you would read/watch it or not. I just felt like I was shot in the foot one too many times.

You know I had an idea for a video game that was kinda cringy, but I don't know if I should say it. I feel like I done goofed with Dylan and sword-bot

OP i like that you want to make a webcomic. I really dont want to just be negative, but it is my nature, so here i go. dont feel obligated to answer these questions in the thread, but at least think about them
>what is your favorite anime?
>how similar is the plot of dylan and sword-bot to your favorite anime?
>how is your comic going to be better (or at least different) than the anime or comics or whatever which inspired you?
>can you draw characters in different poses? can you draw backgrounds? can you draw panel after panel, page after page? can you write dialogue?
comics are hard, user. i just want to make sure youre prepared. if you believe in this idea then do the preparatory skill building first. think of it like going to college before getting a job. i believe in you.

>I wasn't asking for support. I was asking wether or not you would read/watch it or not.
that's almost the same fucking thing dude, and no i don't think i would read or watch it, besides you haven't even made it.
have you even made at least ONE! page.

Thanks anonymous user of Sup Forums. This actually isn't my first attempt of making entertainment. The first time was when I was twelve and it was about a ninja angel that fell from earth 1000 years ago with his robot suit XT99 and some other Angels. I still crying at that. I think I still have sketches if you want to see them.

I hate it when other people are onto me

alright dude. i want to be nice but you arent great at handling criticism. youre deflecting with "this is just an idea off of the top of my head, dont take it too seriously" and "ive thought of worse ideas before."
if you present your idea to be critiqued then you should have already refined it yourself. get it to a point where you dont see flaws with it, then ask others their opinions. i think either you really did just shit this idea out, or you thought it was a good idea and youre backtracking once you realized we dont approve. put it well with "there arent inherently good ideas, just good executions." so either defend your idea or go back to the drawing board.

Look dude, i've made a ton of shitty comics myself, i've posted them here and no one noticed cared about them, and even if they did notive them they would just tell me to go kill myself.

Ain't I a stinker?

more deflecting. i can see you arent serious and you'll never accomplish anything

>The first time was when I was twelve and it was about a ninja angel that fell from earth 1000 years ago with his robot suit XT99 and some other Angels
So what you're saying is you're just as bad as your 12 year old self?

Says you.

Here's the thing... I never really MADE a series on my own. I just the guy that helps.

what series have you worked on?

Top-Man. It's a fighting game

For future reference, go to the "Work on Your Art" Batman thread to talk about things like this. Normal Sup Forums is generally less kind in their criticisms, especially if you make a thread like this which just comes across as trying to shove your idea in your face. I try to shove my idea in other people's faces too pal, but I usually have better luck when I'm more suave with it.

As for your actual concept, you really didn't sell it too well. Nobody has a personality. Nobody has a real backstory. Everybody sounds like an archetype in the worst possible way. Make something to stand out from the other hundreds of mecha things I could be looking at this second if I wanted to. Because your description doesn't really offer anything too unique right now, to be painfully honest.

The drawing you posted are also stiff; the proportions make it seem kind of like you were looking at a how-to-draw-manga book for the head and then improvised on the body; there's no real expression. Work on body expression as much as possible before trying to apply it to characters in a story, or else your art will probably end up looking unappealing or flat.

Keep practicing and revising before you just throw things out into the open, especially on here of all places.

bullshit alert!

this the one?

Yes sir... Mam... Person... Thing... I'm contemplating whether or not I should come back after fixing the idea. I can't just throw out characters like these. There is some gold in the dirt.

How do you plan on changing the idea from the OP?

Tell me right now.

>gold in the dirt
let me guess: your name is dylan?

No... We've been working on this idea since Christmas and we're too broke to buy the right equipment. All we have is the plot and some characters on the roster. It's not exactly easy to make a game when you can't afford stuff and none of us can really draw. Or are old enough to get a part-time job. It's just an idea we're rolling with because "before highschool ends, we have to make a video game"

Dylan and Swordbot? I don't know this is the 3rd time I revised the characters and plot. this was the original concept. Turns out floating kings are harder to pose. The original idea was a 90s sci-fi anime parody called Sword-Bot and Space Police woman but that idea was scraped because ax-Bot and Dylan Disaster didn't have that space feel to it. Then I changed it to Miranda and Swordbot which was a joke of the monster of the week shows. But that didn't work and here I am with Dylan and Swordbot. I want to think of something but I can't.

I'm not supposed to give my real name on the internet but I can assure you it's not Dylan.

>Using the name Dylan for your characters, but it 'didn't have that space feel to it'.

>That phrasing, even with your critic dodging.

It sounds like your name is Dylan, it's just a sign of a Mary Sue when you name an MC as your own.

wait you are that same guy from Sup Forums that used to post about an idea for a game about 2 cops i think it was called sometheng and
wolf , did you give up on that already?

also i guess you didn't see the guide i posted for you on how to get better at drawing because your drawings still shitty

here