DUNKIRK

Who the fuck is the protagonist of this film? And why is Nolan casting pretty boys that's can't act? Is he going senile?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saar_Offensive
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Dunkirk
youtube.com/watch?v=LVXOyklW4Ps
variety.com/2017/film/news/ridley-scott-battle-of-britain-world-war-ii-1202021890/
youtube.com/watch?v=D_EEOFCJXOI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>tfw you sit on a beach and wait for a boat so you can run away from the Germans.
>Years later some dude makes a movie about your heroic deeds that day.

I dunnot but nolan movie has been the best movie of the year past two decades

Didn't Hitler let the British go at Dunkirk because he wanted peace and then the good guy Brits vaporized German cities in return?

>Nolan made a deal with Warner Bros. whereby he will receive a $20 million salary plus 20% of the box office gross, the most lucrative deal since Peter Jackson received the same amount for King Kong

Pretty much

A. Nolan said that it's a film made up of three parts, the story of the men on the beach, the people in the ships, and the RAF in the sky. Probably an ensemble pic instead of protagonist and supporting characters.
B. How do you know he can't act? He's never been in anything. Musicians have, for the most part, turned out to be pretty good actors as well
C. You are retarded and very likely a faggot.

are you a women?

It's very important these days that we get movies showing people who bravely fought against Hitler and his ideology.

Personally I CANNOT wait to see a movie focusing on the French heroism as they face the German invaders rolling their bikes from Berlin to Paris without stopping.

I have a penis but I dress in women's clothing

Nah, that's a myth. Hitler did indeed sign a halt order on the 22nd, but that was because German supply lines were dangerously stretched by the sheer speed of their advance. They subsequently fought the Battle of Dunkirk from the 26th to the 4th whilst the evacuation was underway with around 100,000 casualties on both sides.

People see the halt order and assume it was some kind of chivalric attempt to sue for peace but then when you look at the fact that a hundred thousand men were killed, wounded, or captured only days later it puts the act in to context.

what the fuck is up with those model haircuts

I wonder if it will flop?

>model haircuts

Fashion is circular, cuts like that were stylish in the '40s.

literally the battle that decided WW2

i welcome more ww2 movies that arent just americans in france to germany during 44-45

yeah this looks like subplots intertwining maybe

Bump

People were aesthetic af in the 40s nigga

I will never ever understand any general criticism of Nolan apart from his fight scenes. With most movies in the cinema I feel like the execs are laughing in my face. His movies are fucking great. Even the mess of TDKR had great parts, it was only a letdown because it tried to cram too much in. I never felt like it was a cynical cash in like 99 % of what tv talks about

This

this movies gona make a bilion dollars

he stands to make 220 million dollars off this

Yeah Hitler wanted "peace". Good one poltard.

I can't even remember the middle 2 hours of TDKR

That's not True. Hitler's Lieutenants who survived says different. Hitler literally saw the Brits as a pure race like the Germans.

Listing your points in alphabetical order, are you by any chance a highly autistic faggot?

This is well known, retard. He did so multiple times.

>when you realize hitler took over most of europe because most of europe just said fine fuck it whatever were germany now
You just went through ww1 and now some german asshole is at your door with a bunch of tanks and like freitz brautwurst schnoodle and you are like fuck it fine whatever. But secretly you are like omelette du fromage for life and wave the white flag.

>pretty boys
Harry styles actually outperformed himself and nolan was impressed by him so gave him more screentime.

From the trailer i'm starting to believe this may be the most boring war film ever made.

>when you realize muslim took over most of europe because most of europe just said fine fuck it whatever were refugee now
It's like you can invade most of europe without anyone trying to stop you.

If the French literally attacked Germany the moment they took on Poland, they would have easily kicked Germany's ass. WELL not easily but they would have softened them up for the Brtts to hammer them down. The French and the Brits declared war but france was the only one with an actual army.

>Cillian Murphy.....Water
>Harry Styles.......Land
>Tom Hardy............Air

This. The regrouped while the english fell back, and let the Luftwaffe clean up, but bombing a sandy beach turned out to be less than effective, a lot of bombs just burried themselves in the sand.

the French had way to much faith in the maginot line and still believed a static war was going to happen in france. France also had manpower shortages out the ass which didn't help.

Hitler didn't actually start WW2 retard

The blitzkrieg was a revolution in warfare that no one knew how to defend against. France blundered by sinking their defensive strategy in the maginot line, and it never occured to them that Germany would march through another sovereign nation to bypass their defenses.

Is Harry gay?

> France also had manpower shortages out the ass

> At the beginning of World War II the French Army deployed 2,240,000 combatants

Hhhm. Someone's wrong.

You're an idiot if you believe this

should have clarified: predicted manpower shortages. there's some French statistic that mapped out Frances declining birth rate. the French command saw this and realized they couldn't win another WW1 style war. this helped lead to their very defensive nature at the outbreak of the war.

Duh

false, its called military grooming standards, not style... and not all soldiers even kept their hair that close on sides, most kept it alot longer.

Do you suffer from downs syndrome?

He literally didn't officialy start it, it's history period

the junkers

But Poland is part of the EU so if Hitler declares war Britain and France are duty bound to turn the thing into a world war

still a style

Nolan has made two good movies: Memento and The Prestige. Outside of that, he's a hack. There's no reason to expect anything good from him.

>implying Following and Insomnia are bad

He saw us as pure, but still intended to invade us and kill off much of our male population.

>and let the ethnically "pure" British woman be impregnated by German settlers

>muh protagonist

He declared war on the US in a surprisingly confusing show of solidarity with his lol allies the nips, making it a world war.
>But muh hitler dindu nuffin wrong
WRONG! His amphetamine and parkinsons addled mind objectively lost the war for germany.

He invaded Poland, retard.

>people actually believe this

it's been well know for years that he is

>wanted peace
He then attempted to bomb Britain into submission by an aireil campaign that showed how shitty the German Air Force was. Mind you vaporizing cities was started by the Germans in Spain.

This, and the fact that the Air Force wanted to show hoe good they were, rest assured it didn't rally work and every time they tried to do some decisive tactical or strategic thing by use of air power it almost never really worked out or barely made it.

>American education

>Hitler didn't actually start WW2 retard

When and where?

actually France could have done it by themselves easily, as all their heavy forces were on the border with Germany and Germany's forces were in Poland.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saar_Offensive

American education everyone!
>Forgetting the kino that is Big Guy Rises
Bravo user!

>aireil
aerial*

>Hitler didn't actually start WW2
>But Poland is part of the EU so if Hitler declares war Britain and France are duty bound to turn the thing into a world war
>Even the mess of TDKR had great parts

This fucking thread...

Lol WW2 started because this autist sperged out at Poland and then he fucked up the entire war by sperging out at the USSR for no reason and declaring war on america for no reason

>Who the fuck is the protagonist of this film?

ENGLAND

>they sat around waiting for boats
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Dunkirk

By the looks of the trailer, the protagonists are the civilians that try to save the soldiers
The soldiers are literally just supporting characters that do nothing except get killed

the french army outclassed the german army in almost every way except quick battle tactics.

they also built the Maginot line for the sole reason that if hitler was going to attack the only was possible was through belgium which would inevitably bring Britain into war which they felt was enough of threat to maintain peace

>I have no understanding of history and have no idea what I'm talking about

>The soldiers are literally just supporting characters that do nothing except get killed
Well that's the national myth, that the little civilian ships saved the solders, whereas it was mostly the navy.

>it never occurred to them that Germany would march through another sovereign nation

which is retarded because the Krauts did exactly that in WW I

>implying war with russia wasnt inevitable

I can't imagine how retarded you have to be to get this mental.

He did start it. Are you absolutely retarded?

very good goyim

the point was that if hitler did do this it would cause other countries to join in. the french did in a way fear he would try it.

the UK was on the razor's edge of defeat when the Blitz ended

Have you never seen The Longest Day or A Bridge Too Far or even Gettysburg? It's a war movie in the vein of those ones, there doesn't have to be a "protagonist" inherently.

If they were almost defeated, why did the Luftwaffe never gain any air superiority?

What the fuck are you on about? The DKR was not a mess

dun...

kirk

>underrated post

cool i'll make to sure to buy a ticket just so based nolan can profit even more

>I have a penis but I dress in women's clothing
Are you a cute boi? Post pics pls

The protagonist is the evacuation operation & ppl who try to excute it. Annnd don't you like seeing pretty boys than goofy ass looking fellas in the movie theater?

On a scale of 1 to meme how tite are the Hardy scenes gonna be

Crashing the German plane
WITH NO SURVIVORS!

I remember reading that the movie opens with Hardy getting into the plane and a plane crashing. Fucking Nolan better deliver.

"Krashing zis plane, wit no survivors!"

Yes, The Battle of Britain (1969) is an ensemble film, it works beautifully.
Its the the height of military kino in fact, I'm sure Nolan has seen it too.

youtube.com/watch?v=LVXOyklW4Ps

I'm sorry to say Ridley Scott is wasting his time, perfection already exists.
variety.com/2017/film/news/ridley-scott-battle-of-britain-world-war-ii-1202021890/

Between the lack of strategic bombing (and thinking by part of German High Command) and lack of fighters, not really. Also lack of amphibious craft to be used for an invasion.

you don't have to invade a nation in order to defeat it.

see: Central Powers of WW I

Its a little more complicated. Hitler and Churchill had agreed MAD on bombing civilian targets, the initial attack was on airfields and if the Luftwaffe had stuck to it, it might have worked.

Accounts vary but the victors (us) maintain that a German bomber attacked London. It was likely by accident or possibly cowardice (to get rid of the bombs early and go home), in fact we might even have caused it, by then we were fucking around with jamming their radio navigation.

Either way, Churchill was a man of his word, reprisals were immediate and stern and it moved to the cities.

youtube.com/watch?v=D_EEOFCJXOI

Its covered in the uber-kino BoB (1969).

49s were fa af

>Glorifying one of the most shameful bitchslappings in military history as some kind of """covert victory""" while the UK is being taken over by shitskins as a result of this war

Now that is rich heh

I blame Pleb Letter Media for this shit.

shit, what the fuck you doing here?

I never met such a smart fellow like you, you should go and make movies!

fucking this
Nolan got Al Pacino and Robin Williams to turn in understated performances where at no time did either sperg out or yell, and it's amazing.