Who should play him in the inevitable biopic?

Who should play him in the inevitable biopic?

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1494777172164.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=YC1pvjyKYr4
mises.org/library/introduction-democracy-god-failed
groups.csail.mit.edu/mac/users/rauch/worktime/hours_workweek.html
youtube.com/watch?v=MBWyBdUYPgk
youtube.com/watch?v=O-nvNAcvUPE
strangenotions.com/horus-manure/
youtu.be/1gdpyzwOOYY
youtube.com/watch?v=Q5putrkY2y0
youtube.com/watch?v=GhGKvK40_jY
youtube.com/watch?v=MtL8hCrvctc&list=PLBQ1JSDQW9hD9M10HQhwFOknF-kSM26yx&index=2
catholiceducation.org/en/culture/catholic-contributions/the-influence-of-christianity-on-modern-democracy-equality-and-freedom.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ryan Gosling

>HAHA GUYS LE SORT

Ben Stiller

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1494777172164.webm

I don't get why Sup Forums loves this idiot.

All he does is string together nonsense about our emotions actually being gods and other new age bullshit

Brad Dourif 20 years ago

>imagine liking this hack

Daniel Day Lewis obviously

Just put on some suspenders and he's already close enough

Sam pls

>It's all aboot rescuing your father from the belly of the Ouroboros, that's hell like when Pinocchio becomes a donkey and enters the chaos which is the mother who eats her own son in mythology like Tiamat and is a dragon that's transcended by the perfect archetype at the top of the dominance heirarchy, it's what the post-modernists want to destroy and Nietzsche said we've killed pepe the frog, you need to clean your room before fixing the yin and yang

If this doesn't make sense to you, you might be a brainlet...

He almost has a point in that men have been selected for, sexually, to play the hero and protect our women/families

The issue with his metaphor, which I've never heard him address, is that the heroes in those stories are rescuing maidens from the dragon.

No hero wants to rescue a whore from a dragon.

the problem is u can do this shit with a cook book if youre eloquent enough.
He is probably just too smart and cant understand that most people dont put 3 hours of meaning into a single paragraph of a story.

Nietzsche predicted all of this, you know? [c] (((Phylosophycally Religious Psychologisists)))

>PEPPY

Peterson is just "Jungian Archetypes 101". Sup Forums only pretends to like him because he argues with trannies.

you forgot to mention Solzhenitsyn

Jungian interpritations of symbolism are one step removed from Tarot-card reading, and are rightfully treated as New Age woo in proper psychiatry and clinical psyhology. Like the other user said, you could deconstruct pretty much everything in that manner by stretching and convienently arranging the meaning based on the topic you're bullshitting your way through.

lol i always see you leaving the same butthurt MGTOW response in Peterson threads. im sorry you got cucked so.hard by some girl.

Peterson is a poor man's Rene Girard.

>proper psychiatry and clinical psyhology
>in proper non-science and non-science
Oh no, different types of not science are not compatible!

Yes he does, because being a hero is more important.

>BLOODY NEO-MARXISTS, MAN!

>THEY ARE NO JOKE

>immediate strawman

classic Peterson cuck, go watch some more Pinnochio, i'm sure it will somehow fix the economy and women being shit which is what Boomer Tradcuck Peterson seems to earnestly beleive.

>immediate strawman
Nigga I don't care about Peterson, just pointing out that the people who think psychiatry/psychology is science are just as deluded.

I'm really sick of morons parroting materialists, as if they can dismiss the entirety of the psychoanalytic canon because their professors said "Freud was wrong."

The probelm with Peterson and other "traditionalists" like him (Evola, Guenon) is that their brand of "tradition" is an artifical amalgam of several discordant cultures collected from quick readings of various texts. It's pretty much just LARPing.

youtube.com/watch?v=YC1pvjyKYr4

Peterson kino

>tfw too dumb to really understand what he's trying to convey

>Cost of living keeps rising, wages dropping
>Corruption and nepostism on a scale unseen since medeival monarchies destroy social mobility

>YOU'RE JUST GOING TO HAVE TO DEAL WITH BUCKO, CLEAN YOUR ROOM AND WATCH PINNOCHIO, MUH FATHERS MUH DRAGONS

gee thanks professor Peterson i for sure turned my life around

>>Corruption and nepostism on a scale unseen since medeival monarchies

But that's wrong. Modern states are far more corrupt that medieval ones.

mises.org/library/introduction-democracy-god-failed

At least peasents knew where they stood

What was the scientific methodology Jung used to codify the seemingly universal (they really aren't and vary from culture to culture you can find it out from a highschool history of culture book) archetypes? What are the criteria that attach symbols to these archetypes, i mean, where's the cutoff? What stops the Jungian from just stringing these images along until they mean what he wants them to mean without any objective point of reference?

Oh wait the answer to all three of these question is NONE and it's exactly what Peterson has been doing in pusriout of his Tradcon LARP.

Congrats, you found out social science isn't science. Nice job.

>social science isn't science
t.engineering-autist

They also had more free time than we do now.

groups.csail.mit.edu/mac/users/rauch/worktime/hours_workweek.html

youtube.com/watch?v=MBWyBdUYPgk

I would hate to be in this guy's class. He goes too fast for anything to sink in and jumps around from topic to topic like a lunatic

he can't even do that right... it's cringeworthy how defensive he gets and how his voice gets so high pitched fucking wimp

youtube.com/watch?v=O-nvNAcvUPE

>proper psychiatry and clinical psyhology
he can actually do one or both of those if you watch his actual lectures.
Im not gonna pretend i know what the fuck he is talking about, but its the most scientific stuff ive seen in psychology videos.
Its so scientific that its boring and uninteristing to listen to, almost like its an actual thing you need to study.

>I have a poor attention span, so that must mean he knows what he's talking about

just watch this m8.
Im most likely smarter than u, remember this, dumb anime poster.

just because *you* don't understand it doesn't mean it's meaningless.

Peter Stormare, anyway.

You can't. The stories in our religions have been memetically selected to be dense of meaning, a cookbook is not comparable.

>The stories in our religions have been memetically selected to be dense of meaning

No, that's just Peterson's interpretation.

If it was all just random you wouldn't see the same themes reappear again and again throughout different traditions.

>If it was all just random you wouldn't see the same themes reappear again and again throughout different traditions.

Again, that's just Peterson's selective interpretation. It's the same scam Joseph Campbell had.

it's not the interpretation he gives that repeats, it's objective elements that do repeat.

The parallels between the life of jesus and horus weren't "discovered" by Peterson, for example. People have been talking about them for decades.

Sorry you chose a retarded major.

>Comparative mythology
>Jungianism
>objective elements

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww

>The parallels between the life of jesus and horus weren't "discovered" by Peterson, for example. People have been talking about them for decades.

The Pagan borrowing thing has been long discredited. It was an invention of some liberal German theologians.

strangenotions.com/horus-manure/

>cringeworty
Defending your right of free speech is so cirngeworthy right?

Steve Buscemi.

Lmao I have a MPhys in theoretical physics

ur slow then. I watch it at 1.25x speed. I used to suck at digesting info quickly until my abstract algebra teacher would start would fill 4-5 minutes of notebook in 50minutes with shorthand.

LMAOing at all the people in this thread complaining about JP when they probably don't even have a clean room.

Also, Brad Pitt would play him now that he has been JUSTED and will sort himself out.

>this thread

t. retard

He's just speaking about Jungian philosophy pretty much.

You are getting triggered and hung up on God when he doesn't mean it literally. He also doesn't mean jesus literally, just the concepts and ideas. He appreciates religion from a symbolic standpoint and supposes that it takes on such life because it's unconscious and archetypal patterns resonate more with us.

> I have a master in physics
> I don't know what science is
I believe you, kek

>He appreciates religion from a symbolic standpoint and supposes that it takes on such life because it's unconscious and archetypal patterns resonate more with us.

So he's a new age kook. Got it.

tfw when you're total hack but have the audacity to claim all post-structuralists are charlatans

When Jordan Peterson is on Joe Rogan's show, he is uncontested and goes on and on about his quasi-intellectual ramblings. Joe has nothing to offer in the discussion and it falsely makes JP message seem better. It would be like the equivalent of a Young Earther speaking to someone who just let them go on about there shit without questioning them at any point.

The problem is that there are half truths or somewhat correct things throughout his message. However, whenever JP is talking to someone who is not completely retarded, like Sam Harris, he looks like a bumbling fool.

When someone who is willing to contest JP on his rants, JP looks far less impressive. He certainly has a prepared story and message, that if contested starts to fall apart and he does not have the quick wit to put back together again.

For anyone interested :
youtu.be/1gdpyzwOOYY

>they really aren't
they really fucking are though

Trees are everywhere in creation myths, literally the center of the universe in a bunch of disparate seperate cultures.

The part about us having a specific snake detection thing in our brains is 100% true

You are obviously just a butthurt traditionalist who is upset someone is reducing your dogma to something useful like mythology.

Except I do know what science is and am quite well read in scientific epistemology.

>social science
>science
fuck off bucko, you're not fooling anyone, and stay in highschool

woah great arguments retard, again the only people who fall for the social-science isn't a science meme are engineering spergs.

Ohhh no, did he insult your kike on a stick by suggesting that the meaning is more important than the dogma :((((

>triggered by truth
Typical leftists.

>truth

And yet you have no argument to back it up, it's almost like you're a dumbass neet who knows nothing about science or the philosophy of science.

>Petersoncucks have literally zero responses besides le clean room

really heroed my dragon

>some half-baked pseudo-intellectual interpretation has more value than the way people have historically interpreted and been influenced by it

Sorry your "SEKRET CLUB" interpretation of Christianity isn't all that.

The fact that they couldn't borrow it directly doesn't disprove my argument it just makes it stronger.

>the fact that my argument has no evidence makes it stronger

sort yourself out, man.

take a picture of your room

It's simple: the story can't be real if it were real you would have plenty of historical evidence of Jesus going around doing miracles. So it's fake.

If it's fake then there needs to be a reason why it's stuck around for so long and it's even been reinvented in multiple religions. Atheist say it's a successful "meme", Dawkins invented that. Is it such a stretch of logic that a meme to be successful for millennia it needs to be useful?

Who cares

Oh boy another meme from le based Peterson! I sure didn't expect that!

Wrong

>the way people have historically interpreted and been influenced by it
Which version is that exactly? The one the preacher tells to them? The one the pope tells to them? The one there parents tell to them?

Nothing in Peterson interpretation goes against most mainstream interpretations. He never TEACHES that Jesus is an allegory. The only time he suggests that a story isn't literal is with Adam and Eve, which, if you aren't a shitty retarded christian, you should understand isn't literal as well. He has just stated in interviews that his personal belief in Christianity is mostly symbolic. That doesn't mean his symbolic interpretations are wrong or even novel.

I know for some fucking reason traditionalists cucks can't accept this but most people who believe in christianity have barely read the fucking bible let alone understand it. Most people don't read, period. If more people understood the meaning of Adam and Eve, they would understand the whole of Christianity better. That's the sort of thing Peterson is advocating, and if that is new age then you are a fucking retard.

>the story can't be real if it were real you would have plenty of historical evidence of Jesus going around doing miracles.

There is plenty of historical evidence for Jesus.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q5putrkY2y0
youtube.com/watch?v=GhGKvK40_jY

Do you really think the apostles would have died for something they thought was just a symbolic story of self-improvement.

>four paragraphs including one forgery
>no mention of miracles
>plenty of historical evidence

PS. you have to make a distinction between "Jesus, as described in the gospels, is real" and "Jesus, some heretical jew, is real". The former is false, the latter is probably true (there is no way to prove it but there isn't any way to disprove it either).

and Doestevtsky

>go to therapy
>it's a Jungian
>instead of doing CBT or analytic therapy he starts wildly rambling about dragons and pinnochio
>mfw

Don't forget
>some heretical jew who rebelled against FUCKING ROME
but remember, christianity is good for the west :^)

>Which version is that exactly? The one the preacher tells to them? The one the pope tells to them? The one there parents tell to them?

You act like there was ever a large variance between these three.

>The only time he suggests that a story isn't literal is with Adam and Eve, which, if you aren't a shitty retarded christian, you should understand isn't literal as well.

Again, you're taking Peterson's recent, novel interpretation as the authoratative one for no reason.

The Gospels are considered extremely credible by the standards of ancient documents. it is only the assumptions of materialistic historians the refuse to acknowledge them as such.

youtube.com/watch?v=MtL8hCrvctc&list=PLBQ1JSDQW9hD9M10HQhwFOknF-kSM26yx&index=2

>Render unto Caeser
>rebelling against Rome

Rome comes off far better in the New Testament than the Jews.

>JP: I would say I'm about seven months behind on the understanding of my own life.
>JR: Whoa.
>JP: Because things happened, so many things happened, from September to now that I haven't had time to think about any of them, y'know, it's just been a continual, an absolute continual...um treadmill, of trying to keep up with the requests for speaking, the email, and I'm supposed to be making these YouTube videos because I have people who are supporting me for doing that so I'm trying to keep that up and I'm trying to go speak when people invite me but, not all the time because, of course, that's a lot of travel. So I'm trying to re-calibrate my life. I'm trying to figure out "OK, I've got 10 million views on YouTube", well what am I supposed to do with that piece of information? I've got 250 thousand, like, subscribers. So what, what does that mean? What does that mean for what I should be doing? Maybe I should be doing nothing but making YouTube videos for them. I don't know. I can't figure it out.
>JR: It's a tremendous audience.
>JP: It's unbelievable! It's unparalleled!
>JR: Yeah, just, I mean, think about it in terms of "is there any other academic that has ever done anything remotely like that" where you have 250 thousand subscribers on YouTube, in a relatively short amount of time, and then millions and millions of views on your videos.
>JP: I know, I don't know, I mean, well it's, it's, it's, ill-defined territory, right because who knows what YouTube is. I mean you, your...presence, I don't know what you make of your presence? You told me you were getting something like 70 million downloads a month?
>JR: It's more like 120 now.
>JP: Okay, so you're getting a BILLION downloads a year?
>JR:...something like that.
>JP: More than that, right, so what the hell. I could ask you what do you make of that?
>JR: I don't.
>JP: Are you, are you the most-powerful interviewer on the planet? Or are you the most-powerful interviewer that the planet has ever seen?
>JR: Whoa...

>for no reason
>novel
It's not novel you fucking cuck, what the fuck do YOU think the meaning of adam and eve is?

It's fucking obvious what it's about.

Christianity = collectivism
Greek and Roman philosophy = individualism/ egoism

The ethics come from two very different places.

>The Gospels are considered extremely credible by the standards of ancient documents
The Iliad is so credible we located a lost city with it and yet you are not here trying to convince me into believing in fucking Zeus.

You are just going through the motions, I went through those arguments 20 years ago.

Christianity was far more individualistic than Rome. Rome was a corporatist state.

And the Gospels are even more credible that a greater number of archeological discovers have validated them, and they are dated far earlier than the Illiad.

Peterson has talked about wealth inequality being the biggest cause of criminality and violence multiple times. He's not the 'pull yourself up by your bootstraps' boomer you think he is, he's just saying that social change is hard to get right and shouldn't be pushed haphazardly by people who have a grudge against western civilization and masculinity.

>Christianity was far more individualistic than Rome. Rome was a corporatist state.
qualify this bullshit, I fucking dare you

>argument to back it up
There is nothing to disprove. Everyone knows social science isn't science. If you ever managed to do real science using social sciences do let us know, it will be quite the breakthrough!

catholiceducation.org/en/culture/catholic-contributions/the-influence-of-christianity-on-modern-democracy-equality-and-freedom.html

>JR: That's crazy, man. That is crazy... Jamie pull up that video of the guy getting the crap beat out of him by a 400 pound gorilla

>The Monkey Mentality
>The Simian System
>The Ape Auto-critic
>The Capuchin Cognition