Tarkovsky dismissed color film as a "commercial gimmick" He claimed that in everyday life one does not consciously...

> Tarkovsky dismissed color film as a "commercial gimmick" He claimed that in everyday life one does not consciously notice colors most of the time, and that color should therefore be used in film mainly to emphasize certain moments

kek imagine being this butthurt your country can't afford color film stock

Other urls found in this thread:

electronicbeats.net/this-is-not-a-coincidence-max-dax-talks-to-andrey-a-tarkovsky/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>>He claimed that in everyday life one does not consciously notice colors most of the time

Such is life in East Europe.

Well it's good when a filmmaker uses color to emphasize a moment, can't we all agree on that?

Black and white film is patrician though, so he is right

Ofcourse, but Tarkovsky being all cranky and saying color is commercial makes him look delusional

That's hilarious. Thanks user.

>kek imagine being this butthurt your country can't afford color film stock
He only made 2 black and white films though
Even one of his student films made in the 50s was in color

he was right, people used to dream in black and white with occasional colour

thats what communism does

Black and White is student film tier

He's pointing at us..

He was a soviet era eastern european, colour was basically illegal there. Black and white probably looked realer for them.

several of his films have black and white segments, sometimes it was a directorial intent other times it was because color film wasn't available
Wrong, people dreamed in black and white during the era of black and white films.

He's checking my dubs

based tark is never wrong.

>other times it was because color film wasn't available
Source?

Soviet Russia

He was retarded when it came to semiotics

Give an actual source u kurwa blyat

>Implying tarkovsky wasn't forced by the soviets to say color us overrated to avoid getting Gulaged

But Tarkovsky has made colored films before?

kek

reminder Tarkosvky was assassinated by the KGB

Yeah, but he thought of this after those movies, so..

>Tarkovsky was a hack

who knew

Yeah the KGB forced him to shoot near a chemical plant which led to his death 10 years later

>but not all the time, as this distracts the viewer. To him, films in color were like moving paintings or photographs, which are too beautiful to be a realistic depiction of life

I don't get Tarkovsky he really seemed to resent film but love paintings,poetry etc. so why didn't he just do that?

because kino

He is sort of right though, when you watch a black and white film you don't even notice the lack of color.

he loved film he just hated blockbusters

Yeah, maybe if you're filming in the 1940s. By the 60's and 70's color film was more than abundant in the entire world.

film fags are retarded

we should already have 60fps for everything at the least but they're fags about it

people used to dream in black and white

He loved Star Wars and The Terminator

Child detected

I know about Terminator but what did he say about Star Wars?

i knew about terminator but star wars surprised me

LIUUUUUUUUUUUUU

>Didn’t you ever ask him questions?
>I always asked him what kind of movies he was watching. I envied him for having seen Star Wars, for instance. I asked him how the film was and he would tell me the whole story, including every little detail. He basically allowed me to see the film in my imagination.

>So Andrey Tarkovsky loved Star Wars?
>Of course! He then showed me Akira Kurosawa’s The Hidden Fortress, which is, as we all know, the blueprint of Star Wars.

electronicbeats.net/this-is-not-a-coincidence-max-dax-talks-to-andrey-a-tarkovsky/

Cmon, who needs sources when there are stereotypes?

So it turns out Tark was a pleb all along

>implying the first Star Wars isn't genuinely 10/10

mine actually

Put some effort into it

>things should be the same as when I was a baby, I'm so special!

drop dead dumbass

Actually I'm pretty sure that's Douglas Trumbull