Reminder that Korean is the washout language people learn when they realize Japanese is too hard

Reminder that Korean is the washout language people learn when they realize Japanese is too hard.

hm I figured they'd be equally hard

Korean doesn't use Kanji.

DING BOI GUNG SOI CHING DUNG BUNG BOI

If a language is too hard to learn, then it's objectively a shit language.
>three alphabets
Into the trash.

チンチョンニダ

>washout language people learn when they realize Japanese is too hard.
People, at least Westeners, usually learn Japanese 1st then go to Korean tho. That's what I have seen

t. washout

ロリ股の甘い香りが大好き

>alphabet

korean is harder though (kanji aside)

How so?

uhh....Japanese is pretty easy to us tho
I learned Japanese only for 1 year and achieved JLPT N1.

inferior language for inferior gooks
ugly character,ugly sound for ugly race

I agree, but Mandarin is still one of the most disgusting language I've ever heard. Second only to Hebrew.

stop trolling here and there
just seek mental help as soon as possible

How can it be objectively bad if difficulty is subjective?

Korean is like a math language, I kinda like it but would never learn. Japanese in other hand is a horrendous language, still both languages are useless only 1million people talk if we sum both countries population.

Unless you are a weeb then it is utterly trash.

There is english, spanish, french, portuguese, german and chinese that are way more useful nowadays.

I've spent a whole year learning quenya which is the language of the elves of Tolkien and I deeply regret it, if only I had started french back there it would be way more useful to me. Not even 10000 people speak quenya.

Learning Japanese is actually very good for certain careers. It would increase my annual wage by 15-30k. I'm considering it.

>only 1 million people talk if we sum both countries population
what? japan has 127 million alone. how does that make only 1 million?

What careers would that be? Kind of want to learn japanese or madarin but I don't think it would be useful in biochem research

Japanese is useful for biochem research, silly.

Of course it would be better to learn German for scientific research overall.

Translation. Japanese to English pays really fucking well if you learn the science and medical lingo of both languages and you are at a native English level.

but, Japanese are too smart.

Would mandarin be more useful? And thanks for the replies

Japanese would be better for scientific development.

Umm, not sure. I was just made aware of a future job opportunity. I had zero interest in the Asian languages before. I'm not sure how much of the Chinese media, research, & business is wanted in the West.

Chinese is better if you're working for a big company that sells stuff or you want to be an entrepreneur who owns warehouses and makes his own tech start-up.

Japanese it is brehs. Time to lock myself into my anime cave. Thanks

>alphabet

Not even that, mate.

Btw, do you guys know any good japanese books I could look forward to reading? I was leaning towards russian or chinese because of the literature at first.

Do you read comics? Manga is huge.

Vietnamese > The rest of the Asian tongues

Snow country by Yasunari Kawabata
No longer human by Ozamu Dazai
Temple of the golden pavilion by Yukio Mishima

Vietnamese sounds like you're swallowing a fish.

Well you don't have to learn a whole new alphabet thanks you the French.

Aussie English sounds like you have a massive cock in your mouth.

Korean pronunciation is much more difficult for an English speaker than Japanese. Korean grammar is slightly more difficult than Japanese, imo.
t. 외국인

mfw
>learned japanese since middle school
>speak fluently
>have japanese girlfriends
>want to go to go to a japanese graduate school
>realize learning korean from zero would be less effort than to learn academic japanese
>say sayonara to the autist island

I tried studying Japanese back in highschool. Bought a couple practice books to memorize kana. Gave you, to fucking retarded.

Now I can read and speak Chinese, though.

haha
you are stupid

But the Korean verb endings are Latin-tier complicated, especially the colloquial verb endings are so messed up.

China is objectively better for someone in scientific development. They have huge government funding, no ethics, a lax peer-review system, and extremely high demand

Then there's garbage like me who wants to learn both fucking languages but can't decide on which one.

>portuguese
>useful
rofl no one cares about your shit country nor Portugal

Basically any language is valuable if you get really good at it.

Protip: The highest level of a proficiency test is often not quite good enough. You can get in at the very bottom of translation work with just an N1/TOPIK6/HSK6, but if you want to get paid the big money, you have to be actually good.

90%+ on the proficiency tests for foreigners, or passing the tests for native speakers (e.g. KBS Korean Proficiency test for Korean) is a good idea. There are also dedicated exams for people wanting to be translators.