Rest in peace, Darwyn Cooke

Rest in peace, Darwyn Cooke.

>twitter.com/thedanjurgens/status/731135580910682113
>twitter.com/EthanVanSciver/status/731461526998159360
>twitter.com/GailSimone/status/731473513911980033

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/alanjporter/status/731475875166834688
twitter.com/okpants/status/731474902243549184
ew.com/article/2015/01/08/image-expo-2015-darwyn-cooke-talks-revengeance-his-first-creator-owned-comic
darwyncooke.blogspot.com.au/2016/05/we-regret-to-inform-you-that-darwyn.html?m=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Requesting sticky

I still haven't seen an official announcement from the family.

>twitter.com/alanjporter/status/731475875166834688
>twitter.com/okpants/status/731474902243549184

Yes, yes you can keep posting twitter links, but where's the statement from the family?

>tfw he didn't get to work as a writer/artist on a single property of his own

Are you retarded? These are first-hand reactions from his industry friends and colleagues. The statements come in 6-12 hours post-death

Don't know if it's been posted yet. But it seems like industry professionals have been informed.

Mike Allred posted a tweet and then pulled it almost immediately after. A lot of other industry folks on twitter have backed off and deleted similar claims of Cooke's passing.

An article posted claiming Cooke's death on the Joe Shuster website was also pulled.

These things take a life of their own.

Maybe he is dead, or dead in a few hours, but I've seen no claim from his family of his death.

Didn't they announce he had cancer yesterday, and now they say he's dead? that makes very little sense.

I was just thinking about this earlier. Did he ever express wanting to do his own work?

I haven't read any actual confirmation of death, just industry professionals saying things that could just refer to his hospitalization.

They announced he was undergoing palliative care after a bout of aggressive cancer.

>Palliative care (pronounced pal-lee-uh-tiv) is specialized medical care for people with serious illness. It focuses on providing relief from the symptoms and stress of a serious illness. The goal is to improve quality of life for both the patient and the family.

The way that reads to me is that he was "ready to die" and they were just making him as comfortable as possible at home.

The comic people have all likely heard about his passing, since they're friends, and are just taking down the tweets and such out of respect for the family and awaiting their official announcement.

R.I.P.

So, Bruce, Arthur and Oliver are Grumpy Trio?

Had his first announced at last year's Image Expo

ew.com/article/2015/01/08/image-expo-2015-darwyn-cooke-talks-revengeance-his-first-creator-owned-comic

They're saying "RIP", that's a heavy phrase in non-Sup Forums lingo

darwyncooke.blogspot.com.au/2016/05/we-regret-to-inform-you-that-darwyn.html?m=1

So, is it offical? 2016 is a fucking shit year

This

Confirmed

>darwyncooke.blogspot.com.au/2016/05/we-regret-to-inform-you-that-darwyn.html?m=1

Kill Yourself

Palliative care is basically "we're making you as comfortable as we can."

He'd clearly had cancer for a while and didn't choose to share it until the end was as near as it was.

"Palliative" basically means "hospice care."

RIP

RIP

>BOO HOO WE NEED A STICKY FOR SOME GUY
who even fucking reads anymore this shouldn't be a thread

RIP Cooke. I loved your work. I just cant believe we have people trolling an actual death. How shit this board has become.

RIP

it hurts, man

why should i care?