Octopus Pie

Your insults are so OLD

I don't know what she thinks she's proving, she'll be sobbing her eyes out next update.

this comic blows

i hope everyone who reads it gets food stuck in their teeth

Those insults are pretty dumb. It would have been infinitely more devastating if he just ended it in the third panel

>every "millenial" article ever written

We accept only your freshest memes.

So if I understand this correctly, Eve left Park by way of not wanting to move with him, didn't contact him in years, agreed to meet with him when he called out of the blue, got dolled up for "lunch or whatever", happily had casual sex with him despite knowing he's leaving the next day - and now makes a scene because, why? Park didn't show up FOR HER but had other business? Park didn't think of her as his first priority in NY after all these silent years? Park didn't telepathically figure out her hopes and needs and control Eve's behaviour so that she wouldn't hurt herself? Park is Park. It's how he is. He didn't manipulate or lie, he offered, and Eve took the offer, and now is being a bitch because it didn't match her unrealistic daydreams

Park left new york, they broke up rather than have long a distance relationship, booty calls her out of the blue, they meet up, fug before lunch because he's "not going to be in town for long", then park casually drops that he's been in town for a lot longer and only decided to call her when time was short instead of giving her a "hey, I'm in town for a while on business. I'm kinda busy for the next week or so but maybe we can meet up before I leave again?"

Which is the polite thing to do in this sort of situation.

note that if she had up and left she'd have been kinda stuck as his little housewife - jobs don't grow on trees and if you're working dead end retail picking up and getting a new job on the other side of the country ain't an easy prospect. They broke up because Park needed to live his life, and eve staying with him would have meant her also living his life, whereas eve wants to share her life with other people.

Also you don't bad mouth hannah, who isn't even a stoner any more.

how do you check how fresh a meme is?

Is it like going to a grocery store and poking and touching fruits and vegetables?

gotta shake the meme and listen for that sloshing sound.

A panel of expert memesmiths is called to evaluate the dankness of the material.

well, I hope her laughter means she's gotten over him and totally not a facade for her to break and be depressed about forever

I don't know what this comic is about, but that girl character seems like an absolute vapid cunt. Is she supposed to be?

I haven't read this webcomic since the beginning of the lasertag arc. That might have been a fucking decade ago. I actually have a fucking physical copy of the first volume somewhere that I bought dirt cheap from a closing Borders book store.

Is it worth catching up on? Is that the fucking guy from the very beginning of this webcomic?

>and eve staying with him would have meant her also living his life, whereas eve wants to share her life with other people.

Eve doesn't want to better herself in anyway.

Park is sort of an asshole and you're not wrong about what would have ended up happening had she went with him but ultimately it would have happened because Eve wouldn't have cared to try and do anything with her life.

They're both assholes but Park is an asshole who has shit going for him. As much as "I'm angry you threw a drink on me look how immature I am losing my cool rawr I'm angry loser" is painting him badly Eve is still a loser.

Park is a shitter and Eve is a dumb whore.
Can we get back to Hannah, Marek and Will please?

plz respond

>It's a slice of life/drama thing about young adults going about their bohemian lives in the form of a WEBCOMIC!

The answer will always and forever be fuck no.

Pretty much.

Maybe calling someone out of the blue to see if they want to meet instead of scheduling things days in advance isn't "the polite thing to do", but it's absolutely not a valid reason to throw a drink on someone.

They broke up, she didn't want to move with him because it wasn't the right thing for her, good for her but she can't blame him for that. Seeing how she was the one to make the decision of breaking up and didn't contact him for years, she has no right to be upset at him for not having called her first thing he's in town, they lead separate lives now. He called when he had some time during his trip and felt like it - maybe at first he didn't want to see her at all but changed his mind. It doesn't appear he lied, and she should have figured out how things are if she only hears from him as he's already in town and leaving tomorrow. He doesn't owe her knowledge of his whereabouts.

They've not been in contact for a long time and Park isn't responsible for Eve's emotions- he clearly doesn't really even know her anymore, he doesn't know her expectations and frankly they aren't his problem. She built all her expectations up by herself - she can be disappointed and maybe angry at herself for reading too much into "hey I'm in town right now and we haven't talked in years and I'm leaving tomorrow (yeah, calling you very suddenly and last-minute) but anyway was wondering if you wanted to get lunch or whatever". But her disappointment is not Park's fault and she has no right to throw drinks at him because things don't go as she envisioned.

Park may not be the most considerate person, but he's just like he was before, he didn't lie or manipulate or pretend that he or the situation is anything more than it is. Eve shouldn't have met him if she can't deal with that, but she chose to do that. Park just offered, and she took the offer and is now throwing drinks at him because things don't go like she wanted and she drifted apart with Gwen

Yes.

>but it's absolutely not a valid reason to throw a drink on someone

good thing it was depicted as a 100% emotional response then

>I don't know what she thinks she's proving
Probably that Park's manipulative bullshit doesn't affect her like it used to.

>She was in the wrong here
>SHE WAS EMOTIONAL

The two are clearly mutually exclusive

It's being depicted as a cool and reasonable thing to do.

>I'll throw a drink at him and then burst out laughing

She really showed him!

But it does affect her though.

>So if I understand this correctly, Eve left Park by way of not wanting to move with him,
Park forced an ultimatum on her at the absolute last minute and then made her feel like shit when she wouldn't uproot her entire life just for him.

Park does not respect the idea of Eve independent of him at all. Without him, Eve is just some stupid New Yorker. When he leaves, his argument for Eve coming with him is that "It would be good for you"- as if, just because he doesn't like his life in New York, Eve shouldn't either, that there's nothing there Eve could possibly enjoy or want to hold on to, like her friends.

>Park didn't think of her as his first priority in NY after all these silent years? Park didn't telepathically figure out her hopes and needs and control Eve's behaviour so that she wouldn't hurt herself?
Why the hyperbole? He is simply self-centered. There is nothing ridiculous about that concept.

Look how flustered he is. She kind of did show him.

Not in the way Park wants.

You go girl!

>Look how flustered he is.
He's got drink on him, contacts are all fucked up, he has to pay for a drink he didn't get to finish and everyone else just got a show at his expense.

I'm not sure her reaction is the only thing that has him flustered.

>who has shit going for him
What? Money?

Dude barely has a social life, it's just a list of priorities to him that he complains about. Sure it's great that he can angrily throw $50 at a table and think nothing of it but he clearly feels like he has something to prove with all those insults despite that.

>He's got drink on him, contacts are all fucked up, he has to pay for a drink he didn't get to finish and everyone else just got a show at his expense.
Yeah. He got showed.

>I'm not sure her reaction is the only thing that has him flustered.
Nah. It's definitely a huge part of it. There's a whole panel dedicated to him going "Wha-?!?" at the fact that she can't take his insults seriously.

>I don't know what this comic is about, but that girl character seems like an absolute vapid cunt.

This should be a Sup Forums banner.

Well, I guess that's the last of Park. Hopefully Eve can move on now, I'm a little tired of seeing these characters backslide every other chapter after things started to improve.

Looking at you, Marigold. Don't fuck it up again.

Not really, that's the whole reason there's a lizard here. She was acting completely on impulse like the stupid bitch she is just because she wasn't invited to a wedding.

Something that is wrong in the moment can still be the right thing to do overall.

We're not about our every individual action. There is always a larger context to consider.

Throwing a drink in someone's face in the context is still childish to do.

There is nothing about this that was right for her to do. It's the comics way of having her show she's finally done with someone she should have been done with years ago.

No matter how much you want to waifu her she's being a baby. Park's not a great guy by any means but you could still replace him with anyone else and she's still being a child.

This is honestly something I would imagine strawman Hipster to actually say:

>Why did you just spill your drink on me the fuck
>We're not about our every individual action. There is always a larger context to consider.
>You just ruined my shirt
>In the grand scheme of things this was really cathartic for me haha I've finally grown up
>My shirt you asshole
>I've really learned something here today and matured as a person

>I've really learned something here today and matured as a person
Not the guy you're responding to but making bad decisions and messing up (which is what the other user seems you be saying) sometimes results in maturation.

There is absolutely nothing to be learned from purposefully spilling a drink on someone outside of "You shouldn't purposefully spill a drink on someone." The fact that Eve has no reaction to it outside of facetious laughter in an attempt to appear to be the better person here just goes to show how immature she really is.

The lesson she's learning here is "Park is an asshole, I'm emotional, and it's about time we admit we hate each other". Her laughter is geniune and she's not trying to be the better person either.

It's only a drink, you know. They've been doing worse stuff to each other for far longer. You shouldn't get distracted by the degree of rudeness that comes with spilling drinks on people.

I didn't even register it was a "lizard brain" thing (didn't spot the outline). just thought it was a reference to something from a previous strip (or maybe confusing it with the magic lizard from Oglaf)

Throwing drinks on someone and possibly ruining their possibly very expensive clothes is a fucking shit thing to do. Ruining other people's property and forcing them to walk home wet with fucked up contacts because YOU built up unrealistic expectations by yourself is a shit thing to do.

Eve is a fucking bitch, man.

>getting this defensive about a shirt because it might have been REALLY EXPENSIVE

And Park had the gall to say Eve was pretentious? Sorry, ruining a shirt is not worse than ruining another person's mood or hopes.

I have never read any of this comic before but this page makes the dude look like the good guy here.

>every American SoL comic is full of trashboat characters
>every
>single
>one

Who are we supposed to be rooting for here?
Why did she throw a drink on him?

>people are actually defending this deranged cunt's behavior because "it's just a drink lmao"

Slapping someone across the face doesn't really hurt them either, it's still totally unacceptable to do without serious provocation. You freaks should leave the house sometime.

the contacts thing is more likely a reference to him being uncomfortable with them in the first place (and his character still being that way). He complains about them whenever he wears them and prefers to wear glasses, or at least he did before he left.

art imitates life

I'm actually surprised this comic isn't part of Hiveworks, the black hole of bland webcomics.

It's not just because she wasn't invited to her childhood friend's wedding. It's also (and moreso) because she thought that things would be different with Park and they were not. They were together before he moved away, and didn't really get to resolve their feelings and relationship before he sprang his ultimatum on her and left. They hadn't been in contact since then. She probably thought that he would have wanted to see her if he was in the area, but she then found out that she was below basically everyone on his list of importance (that's the bit with his college friends and other randos in the panels leading up to the lizard one), which made her upset.

That doesn't excuse the throwing the drink on him, but it's not for as shallow a reason as you insinuated.

>Sorry, ruining a shirt is not worse than ruining another person's mood or hopes.
A lot of people would disagree. Unlike a physical object, a ruined mood doesn't STAY ruined. Besides, throwing your drink at someone communicates just as much contempt as any spoken insult would.

Park may have been acting like a twat, but Eve well and truly sank to his level, if not lower.

he's a bag of crap and so are you so who gives a fuck?

Eve, for the most part. She threw a drink at him because he's the same old Park and she's the same old Eve and she's finally ready to call this bullshit off.

Eve's deluded and emotional, and Park's an asshole for pretending that his shirt or his dignity is worth more than Eve's emotions. Neither of them are presented as being "in the right" here, but keep in mind that the two have been trying to make up for eight years now, and it's finally over.

A spilled drink is peanuts compared to the emotional damage they've caused each other over all this time.

That's one pathetic defence mechanism.

So he has a life and she is a womanchild stuck in eternal adolescence, then she throws a drink at him.
She can laugh about his "old insults" but in the end of the day they'll still hurt her because she's a failure that nobody likes.

the other user is right, you can say what you will bub Eve was acting like a child.

Putting blame on other people for her emotions and mistakes

> ruining a shirt is not worse than ruining another person's mood or hopes
Only poor people would say this.

>Park's an asshole for pretending that his shirt or his dignity is worth more than Eve's emotions.

What the actual fuck am I reading? How does that make him even slightly an asshole? She's a horrible bitch, fuck her emotions. Please fuck off back to tumblr and stay there. Holy shit.

>Sorry, ruining a shirt is not worse than ruining another person's mood or hopes.
You're a fucking moron. And I'm in no way sorry for telling you that precisely like it is. A shirt and suit has actual value, "moods" and "hopes" are not real physical things and change constantly. You don't go get your mood dry-cleaned, you stupid fuck.

>Park's an asshole for pretending that his dignity is worth more than Eve's emotions.
Yes, a person's dignity is definitely more important. user, it appears you're in dire need of a safe space.

>Neither of them are presented as being "in the right" here

I hate this pussy ass defense, like authors are goung to show a situation that ends up with some character being humilliated while the lead character is just laughing at him as '' they are both right!''

>Yes, a person's dignity is definitely more important
Oh well, you get along fine without any.

They both have lives though. His is lived in his work, hers is lived with her friends. The one that "nobody likes" is Park, actually; if you read the comic you'd know that.

I think you might be missing what's being conveyed here and are just looking to stir the pot.

I don't know--or care--what the fuck this comic is, but just checking the thread to see what some of the replies are about...holy shit, are there people who actually would justify this type of behavior because, "EMOTIONS?"

I know people make the "hurr hurr, Sup Forums IS tumblr" jokes, but are these people actually among us now? You really think it's acceptable for someone to do something like that, let alone in a public space?

>ruining a shirt is not worse than ruining another person's mood or hopes.

are you a tumblr user?

''My actions should not be punished if emotions were the catalist!'' holy shit

Where do you see Eve putting the blame on others? In her act of throwing her drink? That was just an action, that was not her blaming Park for her emotions and her mistakes. Perhaps you should read more closely.

How could you do that!? You just insulted him! That could make him have negative emotions! You may as well have hogtied him and dunked him in a vat of hot oil for half an hour, you horrible person.

It's OK, user. I accept that you conceded the argument.

Actually it looks like he gets invited to a million things every time he's in town and she has burned all bridges except with her worthless stoner roommate.

>mimi last word means I win
You got savaged.
Nothing you mumble will change that.

>mimi last word means I win
You mean like you're doing now?

>I know people make the "hurr hurr, Sup Forums IS tumblr" jokes

Those aren't jokes. Sup Forums is tumblr and has been for years. You are quite dopey to not realize it until just now.

If you read the comic up until this point and had the context outside of the four pages posted here you'd understand that neither of them are right.

Hell, I think you could even infer that if you started at the beginning of this chapter. This isn't the kind of comic where you can completely understand a situation by just reading one or two pages.

Oh Great now we get daily generals for this tripe too

Don't worry! I'll make sure to throw him a drink. In no time he'll be defending me instead.

I only care about the hopes and moods of people who are important to me. That's a small group of people. Maintaining a relationship is hard work and fucking with someone's property because you feel bad is a shitty thing to do.

That's actually not the case. It looks like you don't read the comic. Eve has a pretty tight knit friend circle, the last chapter showed that. The point of the matter is that their lives are different, and (I would say that) neither is better than the other.

There's no edit that can do it justice, but really I'd like him to just put down his cash, chug his drink and then bond one-liner "Drinks are on me." before leaving.

No, dumbfuck. Because I knew you'd be unable to resist replying. You got BTFO, that's just how it is. Everything you say beyond this point is just you trying to save face like a bitch.
There's nothing further to add, so when you reply in a second with tears streaming down your face you better make it a good one, because you cant un-fuck yourself, and I'm done with you.

Who the fuck cares about this poorly drawn trash? Does the author give freebies behind the bike sheds or some shit?

> No, dumbfuck. Because I knew you'd be unable to resist replying.
You mean like you're doing now?

We only get generals when someone thinks they've found something that will "trigger Sup Forums" (in other words, when something actually happens in Octopus Pie). Same shit happened with the party scenes from a couple of months back. It will pass - unless, of course, someone gets salty over that sentiment and tries to force it for a few weeks longer. The thread's not dead, but it's not the sprawling, post-a-minute thread that a "trigger" would cause.

I have a feeling this comic is just going to annoy the fuck out of me.

Clearly people care because they read it. Maybe if you read it you might understand why other people read it too. There's also a difference between stylistic choice and technical inability.

I don't understand why you appear to be so hostile, as if the existence of this comic (or a thread about it on the appropriate board) personally offends you or something to that effect. Perhaps you should look into ways of alleviating stress in your life. I wish you the best.

It's so unfortunate, but maybe it's for the best. Actual discussion might not be possible when everyone seems to be looking for something to hate.

Is that what she's doing? Good god, how insufferable. I couldnt stomach the idea that someone could just be that pathetic so I (without knowing a thing about this comic) assumed there was more context to her reaction.

But I now get the feeling that he hit the nail on the head and she cant cope with that so she tries to shift the conversation on him being somehow wrong or out of touch or funny to her.

typical childish cunt behavior.

>one mildly witty retort with no real bearing on the discussion at hand
>btfo

okay buddo

>Maybe if you read
Nah, don't have time for garbage.
The fact that you care about it is just sad as fuck.

Completely unrelated to this thread but I hate this excuse too, some writers confuse ambiguity as maturity.

So you accuse user of claiming to win the argument by having the last word.
Then you proceed to claim you won the argument by refusing to keep arguing?

When someone starts talking like that, I can't help but conclude that they're illogically afraid of confrontation/resolution, to the point where they'd rather use this as their "go-to" scenario in order to keep everything cozy and safe for them.

Of course two people can both be wrong about shit, but there's usually going to be one who's a bit more wrong by a noticeable amount.

>all this controversy over Eve's stupidity
Guys, come on, I think we can all agree that Eve is a qt and doesn't deserve to be treated like shit by her ex boyfriend, regardless of how big or small her lizard brain is.

>we can all agree that Eve is a qt

I don't get how people use this as a positive point when it comes to talk about a comic, series or title.

You can find atractive girls in about any form of media.

Cute/hot is the standard, you can also find some form of media with a cute girl that is not annoying as fuck.

The horse is the father, right?

>Park's an asshole for pretending that his shirt or his dignity is worth more than Eve's emotions
Well they are, seeing as literally all he did was mention a social event he thought Eve knew of, and then tried to talk of how busy he's been to excuse not calling earlier and to change the topic away from Gwen.

It's incomprehensible to me that people are actually trying to imply that Eve isn't 97% in the wrong here. I mean sure Park could have been a bit more tactful but that's absolutely not any sort of reason to get splashed with a drink holy fuck. Eve may be going through a lot but she's still a cunt for taking that out on other people like that. Just because you feel a bit lost and anxious and like you've fucked your life up, it does NOT give you the right to attack other people or mess with their property or take things out on them.