HEY COMERE OREL

>HEY COMERE OREL
>golly gosh dad what is it
>I'M A KEK AND YOUR MOM'S A WHORE AND EVERYONE SUCKS HAHAHAHAH FUCK CHRISTIANS AMIRITE CHRISTIANITY SUCKS DICK
>FUCK GOD FUCK RELIGION FUCK YOU EVERYTHING SUCKS NIHILISM
>GET SCHWIFTY SHIT ON THE FLOOR DOOPY DOP

I hate Reddit and Memey as much as the next /t/rans/v/estite, but why the fuck do people hate R&M yet defend Moral Orel when it's the exact same thing with slightly darker "humor"?

Moral Orel wasn't anti-religion or even anti-christian as much as it was poking at the unique contradictions and hypocrisy of middle-america protestant fundamentalism.

Because Moral Orel doesn't treat Christianity or religion as bad in and of itself, but lampoons the deeper and more ingrained problems of abusing Christian beliefs in the modern era for selfish agendas, the exact same way OP is regurgitating abuse to tolerate their own self hate.

Never finished this series, because we started it with my gf and then broke off mid way through, watching it just made me sad. This was years ago, should i finish it now?

it also introduced me to the mountain goats which is very nice.

Yea but Moral Orel is actually funny so it gets a pass

I mean the third season is when it gets incredibly dark out of nowhere so maybe it'll be best to just keep the good memories you have

It's been a while since I watched it but didn't Orel raise his happy family Christian? It's not even anti-religion.

...but they're not good memories. Is it worth it considering how dark it is?

Nope, everyone is miserable and hatable, Orel is a retard, and the whole thing is a fairly racist parody of white people and Christianity. It's possibly worse than Reddit and Memey, because MO's sheer pretentious bullshit makes it even more infuriating to watch. R&M is like some retarded kid who just found 9gag and spergs out in memes. Annoying, but just a kid. MO is a retarded college hipster who has Bernie Sanders tattooed on his balls and makes super witty but actually not-funny quips about how everything and everyone sucks while he prances around in a Guevara shirt.

>whole thing is a fairly racist parody of white people and Christianity
It's nakedly a parody of "Davie & Goliath" a didactic stop motion christian show about a boy and his dog.

You're neither emotionally or intellectually equipped to approach Moral Orel from a critical perspective.

Yeah it was a shitty show where people who obviously have never experienced Protestant middle America LARP about them having the same issues that their urbanite living space has.

It's hardcore projection

the third season is overrated

How many Guevera tees do you own?

Yes, it's a racist and shitty parody of a TV show.

>Critical perspective

What possible greater intellectual thought comes from Moral Orel besides a really shitty attempt at satire?

Hows it racist? You sound like a reverse SJW, seeing too much into it.

Because it involves adult emotions and situations. Something far away from your basement.

It tried to be early South Park without knowing what made early South Park good.

First post, best post.

And of course no one listens to it or even responds.

Every character is white and every character is despicable. The creator said it parodies what's known as "wasp" ideas, which itself is a racist term used by SJWs for "wealthy anglo-saxon protestants" who they falsely claim control the majority of the country's wealth, culture, and media.

It's not that dark unless you're a super religious 14 year old

This. One hundred percent this.

Actually, it's right. It was only really about hypocrisy and a bad family situation. I was a bit offended at times, but I know it's just a show and in the end it gave Orel a happy ending. Have you never lived in a miserable family unit? It can seem like there is no good.

It didn't seem to me like it was making fun of christianity as much as it was making fun of american protestants and fundamentalists. It was showing things that I've only seen americans do and no other christian denomination.

t. orthodox christian

Hahahah "wasp" is a racist term?

Jesus Christ, why do alt right white people want to be the victim all the time?

/thread

Third season is kino af

b@1t

Bro I'm a Hispanic and yeah this kind of parody of WASP's is pretty much based on racist stereotypes of white middle class people. I just get tired of the wasp bashing desu

>You can't be racist to white people

Suburbs fag detected

Moral Orel was funny

What's the best episode that isn't the nature two parter?

Not him but I feel you. I'm hispanic as well. I don't like hypocrisy and people going on about shitting on white people annoys me. Yeah, there is racism, but turning the tables is not the answer. Making it ok to disparage and insult a group based on their heritage is wrong no matter their color.

Nice buzzwords

yea buzzwords fuck those dum white christian fundie religious middle class conservatives right xD

I like Sacrifice. We get to see a lot of Clay and how he sees family. The episode honestly stands on its own even without context.

>genuinely getting offended by """"racism""""
Neo-Sup Forums was a mistake, jesus christ

If you were just talking about the first season, i'd agree with you. Moral Orel started as a very simple one-dimensional parody of Davey & Goliath where the tidy christian lesson was turned on its head and used to highlight some contradiction of biblical literalism. The show in its first season hits one note repeatedly and in my honest opinion can get rather dull and heavy handed.

But nobody hails Moral Orel for its first season. What made the show so enduring to its fans was how it transformed from this one-dimensional wacky comedy into a psychological examination of its broken characters and how they use their religion as a self-serving crutch for some problem they are incapable of confronting. The show takes a 180 degree turn into the dark recesses that lay behind the pristine facade of their ostensibly righteous little town.

One of the major themes in Moral Orel is putting on appearances. Orel's parents hide their dysfunction behind a happy-go-lucky charade. The Reverend Putty acts as a spiritual leader of Moralton while he himself has waning faith. Almost everyone in the the town acts as a righteous, self-reliant and upstanding individual, while in reality being broken, needy and sinful.

>From the rooftops to the gutters, from the ocean to the shore

Exactly. Final episode shows that Orel grows into a good man with a happy family, but his parents stay unhappily together, and Shapey becomes a cop.

decent thread

I AM DROWNING

I have never watched a series that made me want to take a show so badly.

Wubba lubba dub dub

>bat 1 t
what did he mean by this?

>it's a Sup Forums get's legitimately upset over racism episode

if everyone else gets to use the victim card, why cant they?

Because people would rather argue that the show was "too dark" or "not funny: when Dino himself stated he didn't want the show to be funny and the only reason it was comedic at first was because the Lazzo forced him to make it funny for the sake of it's survival. Finally when he was given free range of it "third season" he was able to take it into the direction he wanted it to be which was a coming of age type deal with satire surrounding the christian faith.
It's an amazing show and an even better introspective look at a human child and how they perceive the world around them when their parents are absolute trash.

THERE IS NO SIGN OF LAND

AND YOU DON'T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND

A SHAME YOU SEEMED AN HONEST MAN

based latinbros

Is it really so easy to trigger christcucks

They're not even real christcucks which is the sad part, most of the people doing this shit are just contrarian post-gg Sup Forums kids who feel the need to defend what they perceive as white culture from the evil SJWs despite never touching a single piece of scripture in their pathetic lives.

you faggots should go back to tumblr

>watch show because theres literally nothing else to watch on tv
>really boring
>stupid bullshit about a kid who takes religious teachings too far
>not really funny, just dumb
>suddenly radical shift in tone
>now the show is fantastic
>no longer about some autist taking things too literally
>world falling apart around him

that was when it finally got good. its like if futurama was all just the newer seasons, filled with unfunny stupid shit, then suddenly it all became lars and time machines and 50 leaf clovers and preserved dogs

>bitching about early Orel Morel
>liking futurama

back to plebbit you go

>tripfag
thanks for the updated filter, buddy

fuck religion LOL!

>fuck religion
>there's literally a cross on his wall, indicating he's still a Christian

yes thats the point i was making. they also have a christmas tree behind them.............

If you wanted a Moral Orel thread you could just ask

religion and spirituality are a waste of time LOL!

>they also have a christmas tree behind them
That's not really a clear indicator though since loads of non religious people celebrate Christmas. It's stupid, but they do it.

>series ends with orel in a happy family, still a christian despite everything, and even implies he forgave his father
>but the show is critical of religous nuts so its fedora

Back to Sup Forums

the best episode is most definitely not the nature two parter, it is sacrifice. pure kino.

it was more than that even in the first season, did you not watch the christmas episode at the end? or the sex shop one?

I'm glad I was personally responsible for time you wasted

I felt Moral Orel was good but could have been great if they did one more season to wrap things up desu

is this the best plot twist in the history of kinomation?

YOU ARE COMING DOWN WITH ME

The one where Clay cries over the gym teacher leaving and basically outing himself to his wife in the process

That's the last episode of the series

Exactly

The one with the Nurse, that shit was creepy KINO

fuck Moral Orel was so good.