You just now realize how much of a simpler time it was when this movie came out because there were no SJWs

You just now realize how much of a simpler time it was when this movie came out because there were no SJWs.
A WHITE MAN WAS IN BLACKFACE AND NOBODY COMPLAINED.
Can you imagine the shitstorm if this was made today?
When did the whole "sjw" thing start really?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Availability_heuristic
c-span.org/video/?c42298/clip-political-correctness-college-campus
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They were too butthurt about them using the R word, you fucking Mong.

This

Around that time, they were making a big deal about disabilities and not as much about racism

During the BLM period, yes, Tropic Thunder would have been panned for "racism"

yeah, I agree, this SJW shit got out of hand really fast.

That was an amazing performance too

Why? They literally mock him throughout the movie for it and make clear he's a total asshat

ESS JAY DOUBLE US tho amirite

Wrong.

People did complain. However the mainstream didnt complain because it was FUNNY.

People complained, but there was a black dude in the movie and he said he was cool with it, and they sort of cleared it ahead of time.

SJW started becoming a thing around Gamergate. I think it was around that time when kids at like Yale and shit started getting triggered by people appropriating pirate culture for their Halloween costumes and then microaggressions and safe spaces started becoming a thing.

Holy fucking shit all of you are naive as fuck and clearly underage.
You all think SJWs became a thing just when YOU started noticing it.
Lots of people started noticing the PC culture in the late 80s, early 90s.
But you probably loved Stepehn Colbert and Jon Stewart and got all riled up at the EEEEEEEE bill ray sessts whenever they told you to
"WOW STAY CLASSY"
"WHAT YEAR IS IT?"
and only turned on that type of garbage when it affected MUH VIDJA GAMEZZZZZ
Look back to 80s and 90s literature on PC culture, many people complaining about the effects of it BACK THEN

>Around that time, they were making a big deal about disabilities and not as much about racism
The race baiting industry was very much alive at that time and long befuckingfore that.
You were probably 11 at the time or a liberal.

Pretty much this.

What changed is the PLATFORM.

Twitter and facebook allowed all the "normies" to voice their opinions. Furthermore the development of the smartphone allows thechnologically inept cretins to use the internet.

Both those developments coincide to roughly 2007-2010.

No it didn't, you were just blind to it.

You mean the black dude who played a gay rapper?

>SJW started becoming a thing around Gamergate
>There are people who unironically believe this
I am going mad with this bullshit.
It was going on long before you were born.

t. embryo

>RDJ
>white
nice try

I've seen a lot of SJWs justify how much they like the movie by saying saying RDJ's character was so great because it was uncomfortable or "it was an example of what not to do". The reality is blackface is fucking funny and we all know it.

well it became even easier but half the country had the web by 2000 and lots of normies were using the internet in the late 90s/early 00s for myspace, neopets, AOL chat, homestarrunner, ebay
but plenty of media was smugly anti racist and people could be too
blows my fucking mind that some of the youngsters here think they started in 2014
people got fired from their jobs or turned into pariahs for mild racist remarks LONG before 2014.

>The reality is blackface is fucking funny and we all know it.

Other than Tropic Thunder, it isn't.

Oh are we getting serious about racism?

>went full retard may may XD

Not even memeing, whats supposed to be funny about it? Like ive never gotten blackface or yellowface etc.

you are all just blind faggots who probably wouldn't have noticed 'SJWs' if they hadn't been pointed out to you and given a funny internet name.
back then we didn't call them that.
but those annoying smug anti-racist college ags existed before that. and it's not as if people didn't notice them back then.
btw, most comedians are SJWs and would go along with their bullshit until a few of the jokes they told got them in trouble. but they still have very SJW attitudes in all other areas

yeah im not offended at all by it, i just don't even get the joke
it was probably something that was funny in the context of the time it started (whatever century that was) but doesn't really translate to today, as humor changes

I cant get behind that though because user said he thought it was funny, and ontop of that he said everyone else does too? Which means he considers it an easy joke to get even today.

SJWs were already a thing, and there were a lot of complaints. Hollywood controls the narrative, however, and they love RDJ.

Yes, thank you. so tired of these youngins who think their generation is the first to deal with this bullshit

No SJW were not as powerful as now.

You may remember a PC movement in the 80s/90s but it was mostly a bunch of soccer moms whining about "think of the children".

Twitter and Facebook changed things.
We are talking about a time when if enough ppl use a hashtag is enough to make it to the mainstream news.
And if you trigger ppl on Facebook is enough to get you fired and blacklisted forever.

even the internet SJW phenomenon you are referring to was a thing YEARS before gamercancer

He literally got nominated for an oscar for this role

It wouldn't cause a shitstorm outside of the few Internet Warriors who couldn't tell that it was extremely self-aware and not actually racist. You're letting the SJWs forge a bias in your mind against the entire industry.

not him, but everyone's clearly debating semantics. the current vocal minority that is given loads of attention are known as SJWs whereas they weren't called that before even if they were constituted of the exact same people.

It was perfect.
It was so well played out I don't think anyone could have done a better job.

Humor doesn't change, it's funny in the simple absurdity of a person who is clearly one race trying to pass themselves off as a different race through make up. It's even funnier when it actually works and nobody notices.

I guarantee I was born before you, but I don't know either of us would be bragging about such a thing.

The term "social justice warrior" essentially did not exist in the popular lexicon before Gamergate. You cannot convince me otherwise because it's just not true.

If you are thinking of early to mid-90s PC culture, that was insanely different than SJW, and all that they shared in common was that they both believed in causes. Prior generations of politically correct people were not in the business of seeking out things to be outraged about, and the things they were concerned about were significantly more intrinsically important to society as a whole. Prior generations cared about racism and gay rights; SJWs care about the use of pronouns and whether black people from England can play African-Americans.

If you think those things are the same, you are an idiot.

>Prior generations cared about racism and gay rights
and they were obnoxious self righteous faggots about it
racism will always exist, but as far as rights go, nogs have had them for a long time, long before the 90s
and gays? what are you, a 9fag?
as soon as the anti sodomy laws came off the books (and i bet by the time they were, it had been a long time since they were actually often enforced), gays had nothing to complain about
it's someone's right not to do business with a fag
gays have no right to state sanctioned marriage
neither do straights of course because it's not the government's business
HOWEVER, the amount of energy that went on for decades trying to get two fags the legal right to sign a piece of paper is unreal
i bet you the 90s were no more racist than the 10s and yet you had self righteous pricks feeling all superior than middle america for their enlightenment
anwyay, as far as le gay marriage goes, notice how other types of marriage weren't being fought for. polygamy, hippie group marriages, straight guy friends marriage
>but muh deathbed
the real issue is that the government was telling ANYONE who theyt could and could not see at death. all gay marriage did was allow a few more people one more person they could see at death
>muh property
again, if we lived in a libertarian society this wouldn't matter as we would all have property rights
but fag lovers never thought this through.
they just saw "well straights have marriage so fags should too! IM TOLERANT!!! FUck bigotry!"
however, if we do live in a society/governement that defines marriage, at least there's an argument to be made for straight marriage and not gay marriage as straight people can naturally reproduce. gays can't

Now I am drunk, but this is almost unintelligible.

NIGGER THERE WHERE PEOPLE PROTESTING THE MOVIE'S TREATMENT OF RETARDED PEOPLE.

BLACK PEOPLE WEREN'T UPSET BECAUSE BLACK PEOPLE, UNLIKE YOUR DUMB NIGGER ASS, GOT THE JOKE. HE'S A WHITE MAN PLAYING AN INSANE WHITE MAN DRESSED IN BLACKFACE FOR A WAR MOVIE. THE CHARACTER IS A JOKE FOR BLACK PEOPLE THAT MOCKS WHITE PEOPLE AND INSANE METHOD ACTORS.

K
Y
S

>Can you imagine the shitstorm if this was made today?
LIKE IASIP HAS MULTIPLE TIMES?!

FU
CK

O
F
F

>When did the whole "sjw" thing start really?
WHEN YOUR HANDLERS TURNED THE TERM INTO A MEME LABEL AND STARTED CHERRY PICKING EXAMPLES OF DIPSHITS ON THE INTERNET TO TRIGGER DIPSHITS ON THE INTERNET.

S
J
W

I
S

A

L
I
E

I T N E V E R W A S N T Y O U

no one would care now either you fuckwit

It isn't the most well constructed text and I'm sure there are grammatical errors galore, but if you actually understood the issues I am referring to you would easily get the argument I am making.
However, you either don't know what I'm talking about which means you are an emotional child and just clung to 'LE GAY RITES" for superficial reasons
OR
you just got BTFO and can't respond so you're using this as a bullshit excuse so as not to have to admit defeat

it was around, but it wasn't nearly as mainstream

best post on Sup Forums in years

it was definitely just as prevalent in the 00s as the 10s

I remember people complaining about the blackface in this movie, just because you were some retarded 12 year old when it came out doesn't mean nothing happened outside of your cone of awareness

>2008
>Simpler time
>No SJW's

How fucking old are you?

Read that entire post in pic's voice, actually had a giggle.

You have to be fucking 15 years olds, jesus christ.

exactly. people think SJWs didn't exist until the term SJW came around
they might be some of the same fags in the 00s who loved stand up comedians and jon stewart and colbert and got outraged at how racist amerikkka was over minor news stories and felt superior than the average american

Nice comeback.

You're right but the underage you're talking about have a point. This shit was way easier to block out when the internet wasn't as big since t.v. offered only limited coverage and people didn't tie politics to personal updates every 5 minutes. Plus what has changed is that before, I'm saying like a decade and a half ago, the narrative was that progressivism had won and the 21st century would be one of equality and all that shit. Now since it's become oppression olympics it's become a lot more "urgent." That makes a huge difference since now everything is black and white.

You may be right about that poster but
>reddit meme image

You BOTH need to leave.

It reached its boiling point on the internet back in 2012.
It managed to creep its way into real life a year after. Thats when I first stared hearing "*insert whatever* privilege" being used outside of places like tumblr and plebbit

lets not forget the butthurt reagan era politican moms in the 80's, early 90's, hammering down on everything from heavy metal, rap and video games.

pic related, the end result.

Damn you're riled up. I'm just a drunk browsing the board and got fascinated by how hard your post was to decipher. Carry on, I have no stake in your weird battle.

Social Justice Warriors have been around since the fucking FIFTIES you utter dipshit.

>muh gooberg8
>muh online mediums being the main mode of discussion for these TUMBLRWHALES REEE

I swear to god, did you just pretend like for the past 60 plus years that we didn't have a complete cross of people from different race, ethnic, and sexual identities constantly pushing agendas in favor of themselves?

Is your idea of fucking social justice restricted to some fat moron's blog on tumblr?

You have to be 15 years old because these fucking issues have existed for decades now with the same people playing the same fucking tunes.

Fucking kill yourself.

People complained but people also knew Robert would not have done it unless it was good. This came out the same year as Ironman and it had a huge cast of stars.

THE

MOVIE

PCU

CAME

OUT

IN

>the narrative was that progressivism had won and the 21st century would be one of equality and all that shit
oh was that the narrative?
i seem to remember the 00s being filled with leftists constantly talking about how racist and sexist america was and calling every republican racist and getting all riled up about minor racist things and the tv shows and comedians smugly chest pumping 'jokes' about how stupid americans were
the underagers are wrong because the joke here was making fun of a white guy who was ridiculous about his method acting
that joke would have been fine today too
and movies and celebrities are not the only thing people should be upset about
the lynch mobs and outrage over "oppresion" against common everyday people in the 00s existed. people lost jobs and were harassed. that's much more severe than a blue haired clownish feminist calling your favorite faux edge, leftist comedian a mysoginist over twitter

real life does NOT equal the internet
this shit was going on in the 90s and was very strong in the 00s
just because you were too young and/or blind to see it doesn't mean it wasn't right there in front of your face

reminder almost everything with this label should be destroyed and the kids that listened to it jailed.

>HAHAHA he's sooooooooo maddd! lol why so serious xD
you got BTFO so now you're just feigning indifference

>i seem to remember the 00s filled with me being triggered by Republican propaganda about how terrible leftists are while the Republicans tanked the economy and started a trillions dollar war and destabilized the globe

>a decade and a half wasn't the 90s
Okay my bad +2 decades ago it was more like that. Oh yeah they were whining about being the underdog, but it wasn't as desperate. It was still that little snowball on the top of a hill. If you judged people by their character only the fanatics would take issue with you. Now the fanatics are the core and that's the problem. I mean think about it, 20 years ago were you thinking that businesses were going to be sued for not letting men into the women's bathroom?

PC shit wasn't nearly as insufferable back in the 90s and 2000s as it now. Its like all those cringe screenshots from tumblr I use to see here just mamifested into reality in 2013

>t. iamverysmart teenager

you assume i support those things?
anyway, the media was heavily leftist at the time, with all the leftist media shills pretending that the media was anti-leftist
i didn't listen to republican propaganda, you just notice this shit over time
and Bush started the war, but he was not the first interventionist president. we've been fucking with the globe for a long time now
fuck, democrats were doing it a long fucking time before bush did
bush actually ran and won as a non interventionist candidate, which of course turned out to be a lie. even if 9/11 hadn't conveniently happened he still probably wouldn't have kept his promises. neither did king nigger. neither did trump.
remember when Roosevelt got us involved in an unnecessary war that led to 50 million deaths?
King Nigger happily went along with a ton of military intervention and the debt rose even more than when bush was in office

Like I said I saw your insane post from the front page as I was scrolling. If you're not fucking with me then you're taking this entire website far too seriously my great friend.

>I mean think about it, 20 years ago were you thinking that businesses were going to be sued for not letting men into the women's bathroom?
no, but i bet you there was probably examples of outrage over some white guy not serving a nog in this so called FREE ECONOMY
there was a lot of outrage, i think on a national level, over some non issue regarding some resturant in northern AZ or southern Utah (i forget which) over something to do with white guys and navajos, with people being outraged for the Navajos of course
this kind of shit is NOT new at all, all the same smug satisified snarkiness against the oppressive white guys was the same back then as it is now

I'd like to remind you that the 90's was when hate crime legislation was fucking ridiculous

you weren't paying attention is all i can say. did you not watch tv or comedians back in the 00s. they were just as insufferably smug as the average tumblrina

What the hell are you even arguing? I've been saying that this isn't new and just that it's gotten worse no thanks to social media.

>because there were no SJWs
Underage grew up with google and the internet, yet are somehow incapable of doing a simple search to see that SJW's HAVE BEEN AROUND FOR DECADES.

Tired of you fucking babbies.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Availability_heuristic

THE NUMBER OF UNEDUCATED AND INSANE PEOPLE WITH INTERNET ACCESS INCREASES EVERY YEAR.

THERE ARE PEOPLE THAT SEEK THEM OUT ONLINE AND SHARE EXAMPLES OF THEM BEING DUMB OR CRAZY ON SOCIAL MEDIA FOR ATTENTION.

THE SENSATIONAL NATURE OF THEIR STUPIDITY GOES VIRAL AND IS SPREAD AROUND. THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE THAT ACT ANYTHING LIKE THE STRAWMAN PERCEPTION OF AN SJW ARE STATISTICALLY INSIGNIFICANT.

THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE IN THE COUNTRY.

THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF "SJW" STRAWMEN.

THERE ARE MILLIONS OF PEOPLE THAT THINK THEY'RE A PROBLEM.

S
J
W

I
S

A

L
I
E

>If you're not fucking with me then you're taking this entire website far too seriously my great friend.
true. i need to get off forever 2bh. it's amazing how i won't care about any of these social issues and the like if i stay away from the internet for a few days and i will be a lot happier when i disengage which i really ought to do anyway because it's not like i know what i'm talking about beyond a superficial level.
i'm gonna see this thread through and then get off this site and much of the web for a while, and hopefully permanently

yeah, glad to see there's multiple people on this thread who agree with me

So what you're saying is that nothing's changed in all these passing decades and we should all stop complaining? Thank God, I genuinely thought all this shit was new but now that I know its been going on for years I can finally sit back and relax.

does that same principle apply to all internet/media boogeyman groups or just SJWs?

we should all just relax

>the mainstream media is concerned with the quality of a product
No.
They just happened to not say anything about it.

>entire joke is that his blackface is inappropriate

Remember user, you should never go full retard.

everyone from here on out needs to sage. this thread is getting really tired

It applies to any context where your perception of something's actual frequency is skewed by overexposure to recallable examples.

So generally yes.

Where you actually asking or just trying to draw false equivalence to pivot?

>iamverysmart
hmm

Underrated post that will go over the heads of the morons and underage b&s that inhabit this site

Nigger rotten tomatoes would have given this movie 30 percent if it came out today. SJW shit did come in like a plague.

Internet and Smartphones literally destroyed everything. The ramifications of the internet just weren't understood and Jobs's creation of the iPhone was like dropping a bomb on the entire human race and that faggot died so soon after that he couldn't see what he had done.

>rotten tomatoes gives reviews
retard

>political correctness is a new thing perpetrated by SJW
>the crux of the issue comes down to the preference between free speech and leftist censorship

This has been a meme for DECADES. Here's a CSPAN clip from 1993 of a filmmaker talking about the "invasion of political correctness" into college campuses, the same bullshit we're talking about today.

If you think this is a new thing, you're either underaged or retarded. The discussion has barely moved in the last twenty years. Neither side has changed a bit.

c-span.org/video/?c42298/clip-political-correctness-college-campus