So, DC has caved and the DCEU is getting a marvelesque lighter tone...

So, DC has caved and the DCEU is getting a marvelesque lighter tone, going so far that they approved a Booster Gold movie.

You think this is a good thing? What would you like to see in the movie? Genral DCEU thread

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/videos/2016/03/24/why-justice-league-wont-be-as-dark-as-batman-v-superman
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What makes you think it's going to have a "marvelsque" lighter tone?

Jesus, imagine a Booster Gold with a BVS tone

ign.com/videos/2016/03/24/why-justice-league-wont-be-as-dark-as-batman-v-superman

>You think this is a good thing?

Well, an awesome character is getting a movie. It'll either be bad (which, to me, is about the same as no movie) or good (in which case, hooray!)

So, the possible outcomes of this event are "neutral" or "positive." It's no-lose good news.

what makes you think that one movie having a lighter marvelesque tone means they all will?

The hell is a marvelesque tone?

Everyone who knows Booster knows that he's not a dark character.

Yeah right, as if it wasn't planned from the start. BvS was a tragedy movie that ended in hope; they would have to be insane to continue on the path of darkness after that.

the fact this movie is even being made points to it

so, it was all part of their plan?

Well yeah, BvS was the DAWN of justice and everyone knows that it's darkest before the dawn.

I come from the future... of the past... another time... another place...

This movie was always gonne be made though, it was planned before BvS came out.

They guy writing it wrote Thor and X-Men First Class. Honestly I didn't like either of those movies.

when GL bombed though, they cut him out of the JL. a bad movie can be bad for the character

Okok

Light hearted comedy about a sleezy guy saying he's from the future trying to gain marketing buzz/branding ever since the superman batman thing. Teams up with inventor and genious Ted Kord looking to get funding since his uncle cut him out of Kord Industries.

Team up, shenanigans are had. Booster seems a bit odd and extremely shallow.
Tension:Ted wants investigate his uncle vs Booster's desire for fame.
It's discovered that Booster isn't talking shit about being from the future. He came back because he heard about a cataclysm and he came back to save the world.
He acted dumb so no one would take them seriously as Ted investigates his company and uncle which are connected to the vague threat. But also he's a loser janitor and some shit really got to his head.
And stuff

DARKSEID WILL BE THWARTED OFF BY A ROCK OFF LIKE IN TENACIOUS D PICK OF DESTINY BY SUPES AND BATS!

>Booster Gold movie

Great!

>Berlanti wants to direct

FUCK YOU MONKEY'S PAW!

>Terrio has said that Justice league will be lighter, and, If I can recall correctly, Wan said that his aquaman would be fun.

Of course!

(except the bad ratings part)

oh come on, give the guy a break, he made one shitty movie but also lots of good tv shows including the ageless masterpiece that is Dirty Sexy Money

Shit gets dark when their agent Max Lord turns on them during the big show down but then at the end after Booster saves the day he appears Doc Brown style through a time machine saying they gotta get to 1659!! Or some shit

Spacecop?

>half the movie is aquaman trying to find a way to shave his preternaturally tough beard

Fuck I meant Ted get shot in the head and comes back blah

if they wouldn't let Seth Grahame-Smith direct then I doubt they'll let Berlanti

>just Booster headlining
>not having both Ted and Michael headlining
BOOOIOOOO

well that makes sense, booster is a glory hog

Movies with C-characters have a better chance at being good, much less pressure and studio nitpicking.

i mean i know you uys love booster but come on, he's a c-lister

Worked for Marvel. Less "Not Muhs!" you have to do deal with.

Please be Matthew Mcconaughey

How bad will the movie costume be?

Any idea what it will be about?

>The hell is a marvelesque tone?
People will actually want to see it.

Sacrifice quality for cash? Is that why Clark had Plato's Republic in Man of Steel?

Alright alright alright

Booster Gold. It will be about Booster Gold

If this were 20 years ago, I'd cast Brad Pitt as Booster Gold.

I'm open to the idea of Brad Pitt as Blue Beetle, though.

>2 and a half hours of Booster Gold just posing

Sign me up.

It ends with a twist ending Max Lord joins in.

I'm positively wet over the idea of Brad Pitt as Max Lord.

I want to see Ted, Fire, Ice and guy gardner in the movie even if it´s a cameo

Maybe they'll pull an Ant-Man type of thing where Ted is basically the second main character and then the sequel is titled "Blue and Gold".

GL was a big franchise. Booster is one of those who would never be a part of the JLA movie anyway.

Sure, but if the Booster movie goes well, then a JLI movie is much more likely to happen.

Just make it a con cape movie, be exposed and redemption final confrontation. Do not over complicate it
End it either with Ted, the JLI, or Rip Hunter

>"What should I do, Booster? Let those people suffer so you can profit off their misery."

>"Yes."

I'd hope that if this is successful/good that we'll get a Blue Beetle solo, then the sequel to them both would be a Blue & Gold movie.

Then Shazam does well and it all culminates in a Justice League International movie. They'll probably do the version with Batman in it since he's so popular.

DC is like Microsoft -- playing "me too" games as Google and Apple lead the way.

>DC has caved and the DCEU is getting a marvelesque lighter tone

They said from the begining that their movies will be director movies, meaning that they will have different tones depending on the movie.

They were talking about a fun Captain Marvel and Flash even before BvS

This news is, like, a month old now, isn't it? We already knew that there's a new Green Lantern movie in the works.

BvS shows you're wrong. But this is what people would say if they used a similar tone to Marvel anyway. DC can't win.

>Apple
>leading the way
user, it's the year 2016.

No.

DC places an emphasis on good writing. Marvel movies are successful because they're vacuous. Any attempt for DC to just "add jokes" is going to fail, because they're adding jokes to cinema, while Marvel is adding jokes to quips and explosions.

So they are going to be more like comic books instead of "This is what would happen if they were real"? Fucking finally, I don't read comics and watch cape films because they are so real and down to earth, I watch them to have a small escape from this shitty reality we are stuck in

What do we do now?

>DC can't win.
Sure they can. Just give us a fucking good story like in the comic books. Here: an earthquake happens and Superman goes around saving people. There is no villain to kill. Done.

Lol. WB's approach to superheroes is exactly like a teenage child wearing black and swearing because it makes them more "mature."

Shit that's a horrible story user,
No tension
No conflict
No growth

I do love Booster and have no problem admitting he's a C-lister. I'm just thrilled that he's getting some love!

You don't need to kill people to have any of those things, Zack. Natural disasters are pretty scary, and not being able to save everyone can sure as hell present opportunities for character growth.

I'd call Booster a B lister. Ted would be a C.

Last time I checked, Earthquake kills people too. So.even in your purposed story people would still have to die for there to be tension and conflict.

>Natural disasters are pretty scary
But not very engaging.

I'd prefer if we got a good SupesvLex (actual Lex not Riddler Lex) movie. Lex is upto no good, Superman figures out pretty quickly that it's Lex but he can't prove or (and thus do) anything about it and Lex knows Superman can't touch him because of his code. The whole movie could be about Lex pushing Supes, trying to get him to break, but of course he never does. Kinda Superman vs the Elite esc but with Lex as the villian.

Would they modernize the costume or what?

How can you modernize that which is futuristic?

No but it certainly helps, especially when it comes to stories about Good VS Evil.

what i meant was will it be faithful or will they make him wear swat gear?

>You think this is a good thing?
The only good thing would be for DC to start hiring people with talent who give a shit.

The major flaws in their shitty films are not a lack of light tones.

They make the colors muted and make sure Booster never smiles. He'd also go around asking if people bleed.

I can't imagine a Booster who doesn't wear shiny gold spandex.

Leave Booster to me.

This isn't Zack Snyder, fuck off.

Base it off the future of now rather than the future of then.
Think like how would we design the House of Tomorrow now, rather than when the Looney Tunes episodes were made.

But really, it's a silly idea.

It's in the DCEU. He'll be Booster Bronze at best.

>He thinks Zack Snyder was in charge of designing the tone
He is just a dog who does what he is told, higher ups are the blame for the edge.

Don't forget his sidekick, Brown Beetle.

But both Batman and Superman did smile. Hell Ben had a sexy ass Batsmirk going on that probably made Henry go Doki-Doki, shot made me go Doki-Doki

Batman also killed a bunch of people.

>not Black Beetle
ONE JOB user
N
E
JOB

its what you fags want isnt it? FUN?? right?? dance offs and lots of bright FUN rite guise?

And he looked great doing it.

ill watch it

i also killed your mom's pussy and she smiled.

Okay, who let the ten year old onto the computer?

It's kinda interesting how Sup Forums goes back and forth on wanting a JL vs Mother Nature movie. Either praising it or shittalking it depending on the most recently discussed DC media.

I think people like it because it implies a "pure" and "uncluttered" superhero story, but people also dislike it because it implies grinding simplicity and no twists whatsoever. Either way it reflects a lack of faith in the current storytellers at WB, assuming they'll either fail with the characters, and that's why such a back to basics story is necessary or assuming that they'll fail with such a basic story, and would be unable to make interesting character based drama without villains and explosions.

>DC places an emphasis on good writing.

>Superman you have to kill Batman because I've got your mom :^)
>Our moms have the same name lets be friends
>Clark and Bruce, I love it!

>>Our moms have the same name lets be friends
Why the fuck people keep saying this is the reason they stopped fighting is fucking beyond me.

I mean.....the movie in general has some pretty shitty writing so why the hell do people use this one instance where what happened actually DOES make sense when there's so genuine bad stuff to choose from?

okay, who let the lame ass with weak comebacks onto the computer?

You sure showed him.

at this point, I want WB to just all ham and rub their noses in the proverbial shit. Basically that Brave & The Bold finale, but on a movie scale.

Want quips? Got it!
Bats & Supes thwarting off Darkseid in a Rock Off? You betcha!
Gotham City with more colors than a gay french nightclub? Schumacher that shit!
WW & Ares Rap Battle in the lowlands of WW1 Berlin? Why not?!

Holy fuck yes

They simplify it because by simplifying anything you can make it sound bad. That's called a strawman. Also there was no bad writing in BvS.

>Also there was no bad writing in BvS.
As someone that loved MoS and liked BvS well enough I can tell you that there was fucking tonnes of bad writing and shit that made no sense.

Such as?

Who would star as Booster?